Brooke is Roxie

wildcat Profile Photo
wildcat
#0Brooke is Roxie
Posted: 12/23/04 at 10:38am

So Brooke Shields will be the new Roxie Hart in London in the spring. Who'd have guessed she'd be the musical comedy diva for the new millenium?

timote316
#1re: Brooke is Roxie
Posted: 12/23/04 at 11:02am

Hm, Roxie is written for someone without much singing talent, so this could work

CJR
#2re: Brooke is Roxie
Posted: 12/23/04 at 11:54am

I still say wait for the official press release...

"You're every gay man's wet dream!" ~ MA

If in Heaven you don't excel, you can always party down in hell...

munkustrap178 Profile Photo
munkustrap178
#3re: Brooke is Roxie
Posted: 12/23/04 at 12:08pm

I was waiting to see how long it would take you to jump on here...

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

musicalfandukie Profile Photo
musicalfandukie
#4re: Brooke is Roxie
Posted: 12/23/04 at 1:13pm

i think it could work

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#5re: Brooke is Roxie
Posted: 12/23/04 at 1:32pm

I think she'd be very good as Roxie.

I'm sure if she's a success in London, the Weisslers will bring her to Broadway as Roxie.

Although some fantastic singers have been cast as Roxie before, I think Brooke will be fine.

jonartdesigns Profile Photo
jonartdesigns
#6re: Brooke is Roxie
Posted: 12/23/04 at 2:51pm

not to mention if she switches to broadway this entitles us to a new recording of the show. I'm just hoping they re-record it completely or at least the other 3 principals (velma, billy, and mama)as much as i appreciate the obc leads it would be great to have a third interperetation (preferably with brent barett as billy)

"Grease," the fourth revival of the season, is the worst show in the history of theater and represents an unparalleled assault on Western civilization and its values. - Michael Reidel

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#7re: Brooke is Roxie
Posted: 12/23/04 at 2:57pm

whoo hoo!!! another CHICAGO recording!!! but, honestly, the London revival recording is perfection why mess with it?

jonartdesigns Profile Photo
jonartdesigns
#8re: Brooke is Roxie
Posted: 12/23/04 at 3:21pm

i meant the ny cast actually however i for one cannot stand henry goodwin as billy flynn on the recording

"Grease," the fourth revival of the season, is the worst show in the history of theater and represents an unparalleled assault on Western civilization and its values. - Michael Reidel

Type_A_Tiff Profile Photo
Type_A_Tiff
#9re: Brooke is Roxie
Posted: 12/23/04 at 3:33pm

When is she set to begin? Please say the spring! If I could go to the openings of Billy Elliot, Guys and Dolls AND Brooke's opening, I may cream.

"It's not always about you!!!" (But if you think I'm referring to you anyway, then I probably am.)

"Good luck returning my ass!" - Wilhemina Slater

"This is my breakfast, lunch and f***ing dinner right here. I'm not even f***in' joking." - Colin Farrell

perfusion Profile Photo
perfusion
#10re: Brooke is Roxie
Posted: 12/23/04 at 3:35pm

Yeah they need to stop putting Brooke s voice into OBC recordings.

Updated On: 12/23/04 at 03:35 PM

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#11re: Brooke is Roxie
Posted: 12/23/04 at 3:50pm

I love the London Cast Recording. But the only it's not perfection for me is because they sped-up the damn tempos way too much. Especially in ATJ, theres not a hint of sexiness in it, being so fast.

But if she did come to Bway, I doubt they would make a new cast recording. The cast is constantly changing, including the leads, it just wouldn't be right.

MaTakeALookAtMe Profile Photo
MaTakeALookAtMe
#12re: Brooke is Roxie
Posted: 12/23/04 at 3:59pm

This surprises me. I have serious doubts just cause I'm not a Brooke fan, but I was impressed with her in Wonderful Town..

Type_A_Tiff
#13re: Brooke is Roxie
Posted: 12/23/04 at 4:01pm

I'm glad to hear it, Ma. I haven't seen Brooke on stage and I know people were mixed about her in Cabaret, but the reviews seem better for Town and I'm keen on seeing her! What did you like about her performance?

"It's not always about you!!!" (But if you think I'm referring to you anyway, then I probably am.)

"This is my breakfast, lunch and f***ing dinner right here. I'm not even f***in' joking." - Colin Farrell

MaTakeALookAtMe Profile Photo
MaTakeALookAtMe
#14re: Brooke is Roxie
Posted: 12/23/04 at 4:06pm

I think that the main thing is just that I had such low expectations, but then I found her truly enjoyable.She's not the best singer, but she seemed to really be enjoying herself and she's quite funny.

SuddenlyMara
#15re: Brooke is Roxie
Posted: 12/23/04 at 4:10pm

Hmm...I don't know. It's hard for me to imagine her as Roxie.

CaMi MiAmI
#16re: Brooke is Roxie
Posted: 12/23/04 at 4:19pm

She's always been my idol... I sooooo happy that she's going threw a Broadway stage at the same time as me!!! lol

Type_A_Tiff
#17re: Brooke is Roxie
Posted: 12/23/04 at 4:30pm

Mara, I actually can, mainly because Roxie isn't supposed to be a stupendous singer or dancer, so the expectations for Brooke will be set pretty low. Plus Brooke, from the screen stuff I've seen her in, seems to have the charisma and charm to pull it off.

Anyone know the reported date?

Videos