melissa errico fan
#1re: 2005 TONY host?
Posted: 1/28/05 at 8:43pm

I heard that Billy Crystal is in talks.

RumTumTugger22 Profile Photo
RumTumTugger22
#2re: 2005 TONY host?
Posted: 1/28/05 at 8:43pm

Anyone but Hugh Jackman. That's all I'm saying.

CAGES OR WINGS? WHICH DO YOU PREFER? ASK THE BIRDS. FEAR OR LOVE, BABY? DON'T SAY THE ANSWER, ACTIONS SPEAK LOUDER THAN WORDS.

Razz77 Profile Photo
Razz77
#3re: 2005 TONY host?
Posted: 1/28/05 at 8:44pm

I remember reading somewhere that it was Dame Edna and Billy Crystal.

Liam Profile Photo
Liam
#4re: 2005 TONY host?
Posted: 1/28/05 at 8:45pm

didnt we have this discution allready?

Chrysanthemum62001
#5re: 2005 TONY host?
Posted: 1/28/05 at 8:45pm

I wish Rosie would do it.
Oh wait, never mind. I think she should be the one to present Raul with his Tony. At least she would pronounce his name right.

"What a mystery this world. One day you love them and the next day you want to kill them a thousand times over." The Masked Bandit in THE FALL

timote316
#6re: 2005 TONY host?
Posted: 1/28/05 at 8:46pm

She doesn't have much to do with Broadway, but I'd love to see Ellen host the Tonys. Or the Academy Awards. Or anything for that matter.

B.B. Wolf
#7re: 2005 TONY host?
Posted: 1/28/05 at 8:47pm

I heard Dame Edna and Billy as well.

Word. Word, indeed.

Dollypop
#8re: 2005 TONY host?
Posted: 1/28/05 at 8:48pm

Eric McCormack

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)

Chrysanthemum62001
#10re: 2005 TONY host?
Posted: 1/28/05 at 8:53pm

I thought of Ellen too! I adore her, but I haven't got a clue as to wether or not she loves Broadway.

"What a mystery this world. One day you love them and the next day you want to kill them a thousand times over." The Masked Bandit in THE FALL

Yankeefan007
#12re: 2005 TONY host?
Posted: 1/28/05 at 9:01pm

didnt deborah, Hugh Jackman's wife say that hes hosting?

GirlforTartaglia Profile Photo
GirlforTartaglia
#13re: 2005 TONY host?
Posted: 1/28/05 at 9:03pm

SHNEB28 I TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU AND ID DIE FROM LOVING IT SO MUCH IF THE CAST OF AVENUE Q (or just Johnny or Johnny and Barrett, or Barrett..) HOSTED THE TONYS!!!
I mean, Nathan and Matthew (correct me if I'm wrong) after they won. And Avenue Q has proved themselves to earn that Tony over Wicked *not downing Wicked, just saying that they deserved their Tony despite the nods towards Wicked*. Ahh, that would be a great show!!
Just please, NOT Hugh Jackman.
What about Harvey ? :)

And the other thing about the Phantom Lady was, Bert, she realized, in the city that never sleeps... What did she realize, Kitten? That all the songs she'd listened to, all the love songs, that they were only songs. What's wrong with that? Nothing, if you don't believe in them. But she did, you see. She believed in enchanted evenings, and she believed that a small cloud passed overhead and cried down on a flower bed, and she even believed there was breakfast to be had... Where? On Pluto. The mysterious, icy wastes of Pluto.

zippyjen Profile Photo
zippyjen
#15re: 2005 TONY host?
Posted: 1/28/05 at 10:13pm

I hope the cast of ave q but i hightly doubt it. I would also love to see Ellen but there is no way. I wouldn't mind if Dame edna hosted. She is great!

"At the opening night party, they had clowns on stilts, jugglers, a chocolate fountain, popcorn, hot dogs. [My son] looked at me like I had been holding back. Like, 'This is what you do?' I had to tell him, 'No, no, darling. Opening nights don't usually look like this.' It's usually a dark bar with a bottle of vodka." ?Chitty Chitty Bang Bang's Jan Maxwell plus i proudly share the title of the shortest member over the age of 10 with wickedrentq!

alterego Profile Photo
alterego
#16re: 2005 TONY host?
Posted: 1/28/05 at 10:18pm

I'd go with Dame Edna, at least the jokes would be funny.

kangaroo Profile Photo
kangaroo
#17re: 2005 TONY host?
Posted: 1/28/05 at 10:38pm

I've heard Hugh Jackman... but I guess we'll see. I personally would love to see Hugh host again, but I'm also a fan. I'm sure a lot of you probably wouldn't want to see him three times in a row, but I personally would like to see him ...

NIL MAGNUM NISI BONUM "No greatness without goodness."

RENThead, enLIGHist, Ozalot, Grobanite, Ringer, Pickwick LW, Wicked, Lost, American Dreams, West Wing
Lea S. Hugh J. Adam P. Idina M. Matt M. Taye D.

CatieElphie1 Profile Photo
CatieElphie1
#18re: 2005 TONY host?
Posted: 1/28/05 at 11:24pm

ahem...stupid question...when ARE the tonys this year?? (hangs head in shame)

Was that a fat joke?

alterego Profile Photo
alterego
#19re: 2005 TONY host?
Posted: 1/28/05 at 11:37pm

How about Hugh J. and Dame Edna?

jo
#20re: 2005 TONY host?
Posted: 1/28/05 at 11:42pm

Hugh Jackman is fine with me!

KateMusic Profile Photo
KateMusic
#21re: 2005 TONY host?
Posted: 1/29/05 at 1:11am

CatieElphie, the Tonys will be on Sunday, June 5th on CBS.

Can't wait!

Some people analyze every detail/ Some people stall when they can't see the trail/ Some people freeze out of fear that they'll fail/ But I keep rollin' on/ Some people can't get success with their art/ Some people never feel love in their heart/ Some people can't tell the two things apart/ But I keep rollin' on

bjivie2 Profile Photo
bjivie2
#22re: 2005 TONY host?
Posted: 1/29/05 at 1:28am

I highly doubt that they would have Hugh Jackman host for a third time in a row. He definitely should host again, but not this year. Maybe in three or more years. Billy Crystal would be the best choice. But what if they did all of the one-person shows as hosts? Billy Crystal, Whoopi Goldberg, Dame Edna, Mario Cantone and Eve Ensler. That's a pretty cool line-up.

Eeeeeeyyyyyyyyaaaaaaaannnnnddddd aaaaaaaiiiiiiiiyyyyyyaaaaaammmmmmmm teeeeeeeelllllliiiiiinnngg yyyyooooooouuuuuuuwwwaaaahh...

wildcat Profile Photo
wildcat
#23re: 2005 TONY host?
Posted: 1/29/05 at 2:24am

Dame Edna was announced in the Aussie press last week.

apdarcey
#24re: 2005 TONY host?
Posted: 1/29/05 at 2:30am

i think dame edna would be the best choice

sabrelady Profile Photo
sabrelady
#25re: 2005 TONY host?
Posted: 1/29/05 at 10:27am

Eric McCormack will be a presenter not a host.

thirdrowcenter Profile Photo
thirdrowcenter
#26re: 2005 TONY host?
Posted: 1/29/05 at 12:49pm

I'd love it to be Hugh but if not, Dame Edna would be fun, or Mario Cantone.

Jwei123 Profile Photo
Jwei123
#27re: 2005 TONY host?
Posted: 1/29/05 at 12:58pm

ellen or jtags.

awkward.

"I think it was the Korean tour or something. They were all frickin' asian!" -Zoran912

Albin Profile Photo
Albin
#28re: 2005 TONY host?
Posted: 1/29/05 at 1:01pm

As much as I hate to agree w/ Dollypop, Mr. McCormack would be the perfect choice.

Videos