JLT vs. Kristin in WICKED!!!

442namffug Profile Photo
442namffug
#0JLT vs. Kristin in WICKED!!!
Posted: 1/30/05 at 12:31pm

Hey everyone! I love Kristin in Wicked and never have seen/heard JLT in it. It seems like more people like JLT. It seems to me, however, that Kristin is better made for the part. For those who like JLT (like PhantonCHicken for example) why do you like her more? Is she funnier? Better voice? thanks JLT vs. Kristin in WICKED!!!!!!

RumTumTugger22 Profile Photo
RumTumTugger22
#1re: JLT vs. Kristin in WICKED!!!
Posted: 1/30/05 at 1:08pm

i agree with aspiring guy. but just so u can have something to chew on I like JLT mainly because and don't kill me for this but sometimes i find kristin's voice really squeaky. But I admire her work (i.e. You'r a good man..., and Music Man)

CAGES OR WINGS? WHICH DO YOU PREFER? ASK THE BIRDS. FEAR OR LOVE, BABY? DON'T SAY THE ANSWER, ACTIONS SPEAK LOUDER THAN WORDS.

Mr.  Tuttle Profile Photo
Mr. Tuttle
#2re: JLT vs. Kristin in WICKED!!!
Posted: 1/30/05 at 1:16pm

Wuicked threads don't die. They last forever on BWW.

It's the other threads that get deleated.

Ignorance is temporary. Stupidity last forever. Watch out BWW... HE'S BACK.

LittleFish8386 Profile Photo
LittleFish8386
#3re: JLT vs. Kristin in WICKED!!!
Posted: 1/30/05 at 1:17pm

Because namfugg, JLT is a far superior person.

Phantom Chicken Profile Photo
Phantom Chicken
#4re: JLT vs. Kristin in WICKED!!!
Posted: 1/30/05 at 1:20pm

ooo, i didn't even read the original post - and I saw my "fake" name in it (BSoBW)....

I like JLT because she is funnier...her voice isn't as annoying....she devlops MUCH better....

"I think Harvey [Fierstein] wishes he were a black woman. I say he's the largest black woman in the show. I wish Harvey were straight, cuz I'd do him in a minute. I like big burly mother f***ers like him." ~Mary Bond Davis on Harvey Fierstein Thanks to Mistress @ spouzic.com

Thesbijean
#5re: JLT vs. Kristin in WICKED!!!
Posted: 1/30/05 at 2:00pm

I prefer JLT, because she actually acts in the show. Kristin kind of stayed bubbly the whole time (and I saw it three times with Kristin, and twice w/ JLT). JLT actually acts in the 2nd act, and gives Glinda an arch in character. Updated On: 1/30/05 at 02:00 PM

ACTlete676 Profile Photo
ACTlete676
#6re: JLT vs. Kristin in WICKED!!!
Posted: 1/30/05 at 2:11pm

Kristin originated the role most importantly, and got a nom. I also heard that they had to change some of the music and that JLT doesn’t change her hair as much as Kristin did (not that, that matters).

Who says blondes have more fun on the French Riviera?

RumTumTugger22 Profile Photo
RumTumTugger22
#7re: JLT vs. Kristin in WICKED!!!
Posted: 1/30/05 at 2:12pm

YAY someone agrees with me that Chenowith's Voice is occasionally annoying yay!

CAGES OR WINGS? WHICH DO YOU PREFER? ASK THE BIRDS. FEAR OR LOVE, BABY? DON'T SAY THE ANSWER, ACTIONS SPEAK LOUDER THAN WORDS.

BSoBW2
#8re: JLT vs. Kristin in WICKED!!!
Posted: 1/30/05 at 2:12pm

Well, there is no doubt (and JLT herself admitted it) KC has more range and a stronger voice - but JLT is JUST as good in the singing department, better in the acting department, and pretty darn funny.....

442namffug Profile Photo
442namffug
#9re: JLT vs. Kristin in WICKED!!!
Posted: 1/30/05 at 2:17pm

thanks everyone! i guess i'l have to go check her out! re: JLT vs. Kristin in WICKED!!!

BSoBW2
#10re: JLT vs. Kristin in WICKED!!!
Posted: 1/30/05 at 2:20pm

Def.

Hey, I will be checking out BKLYN - you can at least check iut JLT, lol

cvapb Profile Photo
cvapb
#11re: JLT vs. Kristin in WICKED!!!
Posted: 1/30/05 at 4:43pm

I like JLT a lot better. I think her "Popular" is funnier. I also find her voice to be a lot prettier. She is much easier to listen to than Kristin is.

Dreamcatcher Profile Photo
Dreamcatcher
#12re: JLT vs. Kristin in WICKED!!!
Posted: 1/30/05 at 4:47pm

I think they are both pretty even. While Kristin's voice can be a little too squeaky at times she has a great range and is spectacular when she hits the really high notes (like at the very end of Thank Goodness) and JLT (from what I've heard in clips) has a voice that is easier to listen to but not as powerful as Kristin. Can't really say much about their acting because I've never seen Wicked with either of them in it.

I wanted to get something that an "ex"-junkie like him would really appreciate and cherish....it's a brick of heroin shaped like a heart. -Scrubs

muscle23ftl Profile Photo
muscle23ftl
#13re: JLT vs. Kristin in WICKED!!!
Posted: 1/30/05 at 5:02pm

i saw Megan ...and i thought she was awesome.

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-

sassypanz
#14re: JLT vs. Kristin in WICKED!!!
Posted: 1/30/05 at 6:50pm

JLTs` voice is much more mature , stronger, and pure than kristins`. JLTs` acting is more funny too.

kim1061 Profile Photo
kim1061
#15re: JLT vs. Kristin in WICKED!!!
Posted: 1/30/05 at 7:10pm

i've seen megan and jlt live. kristin i havent seen live but i agree i think JLT is funnier. Megan reminded me of Kristin but funnier as well. I say megan and jlt are even. Kristin played the role more sincere, i love how JLT set up jokes and is just all around really funny.

A dancer might dream to see her name in lights and mean it, but all she really dreams is to make someone else feel the way she did when she first saw a dancer. And that is so beautiful-Anonymous

GretchaSketh
#16re: JLT vs. Kristin in WICKED!!!
Posted: 1/30/05 at 8:08pm

JLT. She is hilarious. and I just think that her comedic timing is so much better than any other Glinda's:)

What is your dream role?
My dream role would be to be myself. To be performing at the Hollywood Bowl and to have an audience there just to see me, as Stephanie. They are there because they like what I do as a singer, an artist and a person (the last being the most important). I enjoy escaping and portraying other characters, but to be accepted and wanted as yourself... that's amazing! --Stephanie J. Block Just one of the many reasons I admire and respect Stephanie!!

La Vie Boheme
#17re: JLT vs. Kristin in WICKED!!!
Posted: 1/30/05 at 11:11pm

I have heard the same story as ACTlete...

The notes that were writtin for KC, JLT couldnt sing so she had to sing lower ones...

I can't say who is better b/c i havn't seen JLT but i am DYING too.

Dirty Rotten Scoundrals Program: $10 Dirty Rotten Scoundrals Window Poster: $15 Winning the lottery with your friend: Priceless (+ $25) I<3NY

Dreamcatcher Profile Photo
Dreamcatcher
#18re: JLT vs. Kristin in WICKED!!!
Posted: 1/30/05 at 11:18pm

Yeah I really hope they release some good quality, long clips of JLT as Galinda.

I wanted to get something that an "ex"-junkie like him would really appreciate and cherish....it's a brick of heroin shaped like a heart. -Scrubs

Kungaloosh1937 Profile Photo
Kungaloosh1937
#19re: JLT vs. Kristin in WICKED!!!
Posted: 1/31/05 at 3:36am

Not true...

JLT sings every note as written. Chenoweth, would however on occasion go higher than written - which was optional.

Now, if you want to see somebody who had music actually changed to suit their range - try to find a copy of Joey McIntyre's performance as Fieryo.

apdarcey
#20re: JLT vs. Kristin in WICKED!!!
Posted: 1/31/05 at 3:54am

the role was written for cheno... stephen schwartz has said that he wrote it solely with her in mind, and she knew it the whole time... from all accounts jlt is far superior though... funny, huh? i enjoyed kristin's performance, but would prefer to see a "real person" play the role because we all know cheno is super-human... anyway, jlt sings the part as written... cheno took some optionals that were higher than what's written... i assume this is so, but jlt can sing the low e on i'm not that girl reprise? i was really impressed with how strong it was for cheno when i saw her... even stronger than idina i thought.

broadway_star_tomorrow Profile Photo
broadway_star_tomorrow
#21re: JLT vs. Kristin in WICKED!!!
Posted: 1/31/05 at 4:57am

AP- yes, JLT can sing the low E.

And I basically just have to say that I agree with what everyone is saying. JLT shows more character development, has better comedic timing (especially in terms of her reactions to other characters), and has a less annoying speaking voice. don't get me wrong, I adore cheno.

AKA Idina Pashmina

Type_A_Tiff: There's nothing hard about her. Broadway_star_tomorrow: Yeah. Her arteries.

wicked1
#22re: JLT vs. Kristin in WICKED!!!
Posted: 1/31/05 at 1:27pm

I love Kristin...but JLT "IS" Galinda!!

Videos