pixeltracker

Nine closing (according to Broadway.com)!

Nine closing (according to Broadway.com)!

thebigkrakowski Profile Photo
thebigkrakowski
JohnPopa Profile Photo
JohnPopa
#1re: Nine closing (according to Broadway.com)!
Posted: 12/2/03 at 3:20pm

Wasn't it originally set to close in early January? Odd they couldn't stick it out a few more weeks.

RobbO Profile Photo
RobbO
#2re: re: Nine closing (according to Broadway.com)!
Posted: 12/2/03 at 3:22pm

i, for one, will not be sad to see it go. i just did not get it. it was a limited production to begin with that extended several times based on antonio's performance so it was just a matter of time before it closed. now, we'll never get to see jenna elfman on stage...

XING
PED

tkts
#3re: re: re: Nine closing (according to Broadway.com)!
Posted: 12/2/03 at 3:29pm

Very odd. It played to 72.2% last week at an average ticket of $75.01. Not super mega hit status but respectable. Clearing the theatre for Cabaret to continue? I would think Cabaret must have a lower weekly nut than Nine.

Cake or death?

thebigkrakowski Profile Photo
thebigkrakowski
#4re: re: re: Nine closing (according to Broadway.com)!
Posted: 12/2/03 at 3:31pm

Jenna Elfman can stop lying about her preparations now.

http://cf.jennaelfman.com/herwords/fc-letter.cfm?lidd=43&year=2003

tkts
#5re: re: re: re: Nine closing (according to Broadway.com)!
Posted: 12/2/03 at 3:47pm

Confirmed by Playbill.
Nine Closing

Cake or death?

Cadriel
#6re: re: re: re: re: Nine closing (according to Broadway.com)!
Posted: 12/2/03 at 4:10pm

Glad I saw it when I did (11/22). It's a shame the show is closing - it seemed to me a fine revival, even if Stamos lacks the vocal chops for Guido.

-Wayne

Benzy92 Profile Photo
Benzy92
#7re: re: re: re: re: re: Nine closing (according to Broadway.com)!
Posted: 12/2/03 at 4:18pm

Thats crazy.. they would have made some money towards the end of December!

#8re: re: re: re: re: re: Nine closing (according to Broadway.com)!
Posted: 12/2/03 at 4:18pm

Pity, I was hoping to be able to see it without Stamos.

WhatDoINeedWithLove?
#9re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Nine closing (according to Broadway.com)!
Posted: 12/2/03 at 4:50pm

Damn! Im going early January and really wanted to see it! Oh well

BrdwyThtr Profile Photo
BrdwyThtr
#10re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Nine closing (according to Broadway.com)!
Posted: 12/2/03 at 5:23pm

Oh well. What can you do? Stamos just didn't have the ability to draw a BIG crowd.

BillyLawlor Profile Photo
BillyLawlor
#11re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Nine closing (according to Broadway.com)!
Posted: 12/2/03 at 6:23pm

Ugh! I wanted to see it SO Badly. I don't know why the would. They just advertised it on the parade, and they could have had the show stay a few more weeks. Oh Well. It was a great run.

dotmarie Profile Photo
dotmarie
#12re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Nine closing (according to Broadway.com)!
Posted: 12/2/03 at 7:12pm

Noooo! re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Nine closing (according to Broadway.com)! How sad. I'm not ready to see this go. I really wanted to see it.

say what?
#13re: Nine closing (according to Broadway.com)!
Posted: 12/2/03 at 7:18pm

And I really wanted to see Sweet Uncle J.

Should of went over Thanksgiving break, drat.

"SUNY Binghamton, yes. I'm sure getting a degree from SUNY Binghamton is very useful. Normally to get a degree with that kind of credibility you'd have to study in Guatemala or Haiti."

flaemmchen Profile Photo
flaemmchen
#14re: re: Nine closing (according to Broadway.com)!
Posted: 12/2/03 at 7:39pm

I am so sad to hear that news. It was my favorite show from last season, and the second I saw it I became obsessed with it, and only a very select few shows can do that to me. *sniffle* I'm gonna have to make some trips to the O'Neill, and soon.

The reason why it extended all those times before was because it was sold out to capacity most every day and it was a rarity that you would find it on TKTS. Alas, it's not selling out with Stamos. It's really unfortunate.

"Peace! The charm's wound up." --Macbeth
Updated On: 12/2/03 at 07:39 PM

dididda Profile Photo
dididda
#15re: re: re: Nine closing (according to Broadway.com)!
Posted: 12/2/03 at 8:59pm

so isaw the title and im seeing it in mid december and i got really nervous as to when it was closing. hehe, im seeing it the 13th the DAY before it closes, im pumped! heheh i would have been devastated if i didnt get to see it. very sad to see it go, but excited i get to see it!

""the gays love their presents. just wave something shiny in front of their faces, you can get whatever you want. Thats how we got manhattan from the gay indians" -Karen (W&G)"

BwayTheatre11
#16re: re: re: re: Nine closing (according to Broadway.com)!
Posted: 12/2/03 at 10:04pm

I enjoyed Stamos sing during the parade more than Antonio on the Tonys...

CCM '10!

chinkie azn jai Profile Photo
chinkie azn jai
#17re: re: re: re: re: Nine closing (according to Broadway.com)!
Posted: 12/2/03 at 10:06pm

awwww this sucks! i wanted to take my dad to see it when we were in nyc again. =( it was one of mah fav shows... o well there will b more =D l8r~!

"Chicago is it's own incredible theater town right there smack down in the middle of the heartland. What a great city! I can see why Oprah likes to live there!" - Dee Hoty :-D

Songsstresss Profile Photo
Songsstresss
#18re: re: re: re: re: re: Nine closing (according to Broadway.com)!
Posted: 12/2/03 at 10:53pm

I'm going to be coming into New York City early in the morning on the 14th and was thinking of getting tickets for Nine once I got there. Should I take my chances and still do that or will it be sold out since it's the last show?

Phantom2 Profile Photo
Phantom2
#19re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Nine closing (according to Broadway.com)!
Posted: 12/2/03 at 11:33pm

If you haven't had the opportunity to see "Nine" yet, I would recommend seeing it before it closes. I must admit that although I enjoyed the original cast more (Deidre Goodwin rocks!), the new girls are extremely talented and beautiful. Eartha Kitt is so worth the trip and it's the chance of a lifetime to see her in this role. She is a legend. MEOW!

"I'm learning to dig deep down inside and find the truth within myself and put that out. I think what we identify with in popular music more than anything else is when someone just shares a truth that we can relate to. That's what I'm searching for in my music." - Ron Bohmer

"I broke the boundaries. It wasn't cool to be in plays- especially if you were in sports & I was in both." - Ashton Kutcher
Updated On: 12/2/03 at 11:33 PM

flaemmchen Profile Photo
flaemmchen
#20re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Nine closing (according to Broadway.com)!
Posted: 12/2/03 at 11:55pm

If you're afraid of waiting until the day of, Playbill Online has a discount offer--you can get an orchestra seat for the Sunday afternoon performance for $49 (well, probably around $55 once all the charges are taken into account) and the Sunday evening (the actual last performance) for $66. If anyone wants the code, I'd be happy to post it.

"Peace! The charm's wound up." --Macbeth

Broadwaylady Profile Photo
Broadwaylady
#21re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Nine closing (according to Broadway.com)!
Posted: 12/3/03 at 9:52am

I only saw Nine because Antonio was in it. The play itself was not that great but the stars were wonderful, Chita Rivera, Jane Krakowski, Mary Stuart Masterson. I am not surprised it is going to close after Antonio left.

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by moments that take our breath away." "Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain."

Bwayfan
#22re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Nine closing (according to Broadway.com)!
Posted: 12/3/03 at 1:50pm

That is too bad. I loved "Nine" and would have wanted to see it again!!

#23re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Nine closing (according to Broadway.com)!
Posted: 12/3/03 at 2:04pm

I enjoy the music very much having both Broadway version and the London Cast Recording. (both Hightlights and double cd)
It is a shame that I will not be able to see it on stage.

I would have thought they could have promoted Eartha a bit more...

DottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
#24re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Nine closing (according to Broadway.com)!
Posted: 12/3/03 at 3:41pm

Sorry for the stupid question, but was there a recording made of this revival?

Thanks.

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany

Videos