Meeting Broadway Stars

CostumeMistress Profile Photo
CostumeMistress
#100.
Posted: 2/25/05 at 11:32pm

Avatar - Isaac, my blue-fronted Amazon parrot. Adopted 9/7/07. Age 30 (my pet is older than me!)
Updated On: 2/7/06 at 11:32 PM

Greekmusicalfan Profile Photo
Greekmusicalfan
#101Meeting B-way folks
Posted: 2/25/05 at 11:49pm

I've only met Adam Pascal, John Stamos and Eartha Kitt. They were all incredible ! Since I was the last in line and they were not in a hurry, they all had conversations with me and were fantastic. John and Eartha posed for pics with me but damn me for not having my camera with me when I met Adam Meeting B-way folks

Take care

Raggy Q poo
#102Meeting B-way folks
Posted: 2/26/05 at 12:33am

As chinkie azn jai wrote: " cast of avenue q (minus natalie)"

Ya know- I have to agree. What is up with her. She isn't 'mean' per se, but she definitley isn't friendly and she tries to walk out of the stage door without being noticed. One time, I did catch her real quick for her to sign something and take a quick picture and then other people realized who she was and wanted the same but she never really is excited about her fans and stuff like that. It's quite surprising. But, her understudy is very polite and nice.

Anyway- Princeton78 wrote: "John Tartaglia....heck, the whole cast of "Ave Q" including Foett Boa"

Please tell me that was a joke...I am assuming and hoping that it was...Meeting B-way folks

People like you are the reason I'm on medication.

ShuQ Profile Photo
ShuQ
#103Meeting B-way folks
Posted: 2/26/05 at 1:47am

WOW! I'm so shocked to hear that. She was VERY kind at the stagedoor when I was there. I took a picture of her signing and she laughed and was like "Why don't you wait and let me take it with you!!!" Jordan however, peaced out after shaking a few hands and wouldn't even turn around when some of us called his name. Then again, I realize they have places to be and it really doesn't matter to me. I definitely think they get taken advantage of, there job is NOT signing at the stagedoor. I'd be tired too...sometimes you just aren't in the mood.

I also met Idina, Avenue Q cast (w/Angela Ai), and Chicago cast (starring NORM LEWIS!! and Brenda Braxton)

catstagestud Profile Photo
catstagestud
#104Meeting B-way folks
Posted: 2/28/05 at 12:34am

OMG I remember being so sad that my aunt and uncle had picked me up after I saw Aida the night before closing that they were like "Do you wanna go back?" and I totally was like "YES!!" So I waited in line forever!! So the first few people start trickling out and I'm telling them how I flew from Phoenix, AZ that morning to see Aida before it closed on Broadway because I've been infatuated with the show since I first heard the music. Everyone was soooo nice and Lisa Brescia was sooo sweet. Then Deborah Cox came out and I was speechless, her "Dance of the Robe" made me just respect her so much because she's first an R&B singer. Wow was all I could say. So I bumble my way through how I was on a five hour flight and I got in at 5 that day to just see their show and Deborah was soo nice, she signed my book and told me good luck in my major (musical theatre at UofA). Then we got a picture with her.

Hugh Jackman was also really nice when I was outside the stagedoor of Boy From Oz. Meeting B-way folks

www.christopherviolett.com

Alfie
#105Meeting B-way folks
Posted: 2/28/05 at 12:59pm

I met Cher years ago, when she was appearing in COME BACK TO THE FIVE AND DIME JIMMY DEAN, JIMMY DEAN. She was lovely and gracious...and really beautiful. She took time to sign autographs, to pose for photos and to joke with people. She didn't rush. She made sure that we all got some time with her (and there was a big group outiside that stage door). A real pro!!
Karen Black was also in the show. She was not so nice. She didn't sign any autographs....far too important, I guess.

Jwei123 Profile Photo
Jwei123
#106Meeting B-way folks
Posted: 2/28/05 at 1:02pm

well this past weekend i met Cheyenne and Jenn at the ASU stage door, and both were very nice, and appreciated the support that people there gave them.

awkward.

"I think it was the Korean tour or something. They were all frickin' asian!" -Zoran912

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#107Meeting B-way folks
Posted: 2/28/05 at 1:04pm

YAY CHEYENNE!!!!! Meeting B-way folks
He's so genuine, I love it.

A work of art is an invitation to love.

Jwei123 Profile Photo
Jwei123
#108Meeting B-way folks
Posted: 2/28/05 at 1:09pm

yeah em, he was really very genuine

awkward.

"I think it was the Korean tour or something. They were all frickin' asian!" -Zoran912

Updated On: 2/28/05 at 01:09 PM

luvtheEmcee
#109Meeting B-way folks
Posted: 2/28/05 at 2:51pm

Except he thought he scared me, I felt so bad!

broadway86 Profile Photo
broadway86
#110Meeting B-way folks
Posted: 2/28/05 at 2:57pm

After a performance of "Cabaret" in 1997, I met John and Rebecca Romijn-Stamos. They were both very nice. I was 11 or 12, which meant I was allowed to give Rebecca a hug. She's not a bad actress, either.

BroadwayBaby6 Profile Photo
BroadwayBaby6
#111Meeting B-way folks
Posted: 2/28/05 at 3:14pm

I have plenty of stories...

Most embarassing moment: When I met Chita Rivera I got down on my knees and she was totally embarassed.

Nicest reception: I and a few other fans were invited by Tovah Feldshuh for wine and cheese in her dressing room!

Best time: Hanging out with Loretta Devine at the LA premiere of "Caroline or Change"

Scariest story: Hearing a very famous Broadway Diva (hint: she played Gypsy on Broadway in one of its revivals) tell another famous actress that "Gwen Verdon died of too much dancing and sucking".

"It does what a musical is supposed to do; it takes you to another world. And it gives you a little tune to carry in your head. Something to take you away from the dreary horrors of the real world. A little something for when you're feeling blue. You know?"

elphieisperky
#112Meeting B-way folks
Posted: 2/28/05 at 5:03pm

Oh god. Um, I met Harvey Firestein backstage at Hairspray. He was incredibly nice, very sweet. Then I met Idina backstage at Wicked. Wow. All I can say. Every day I relive our conversation in my head. She was super amazing to me, especially because it was my birthday. Then I met Lea Solanga at the stage door in Flower Drum Song. She was sweet, major upset because that day she found out the show was ending. And staying afterwards to talk to the cast of Suessical and Beauty and the Beast. That's all folks!

elphieisperky
#113Meeting B-way folks
Posted: 2/28/05 at 5:14pm

To reply to Joeysgirl-He's married? Darn! Lost another!

WickedBoy1011
#114Meeting B-Way Folks/Writing to B-Way Folks
Posted: 3/18/05 at 12:27am

Alright, my stage door experiences include...
Kristin Chenoweth who was SO SO SO NICE!
Hugh Jackman who was very nice, and also mobbed by everyone around, of course.
Joey Fatone, nice but in a hurry.
Avenue Q Cast was SO NICE! It was freezing when I went and they all stayed around and chatted and signed, they were great.
Shoshana Bean, David Ayers, and Jennifer Laura Thompson were all so nice as well, same situation with the freezing weather and they all still stayed and took pictures, talked, and signed.
Bruce Vilanch was really nice, as were Michael McKean (before Bruce obviously), Carly Jibson, and the rest of the "Hairspray!" Cast.
Sutton Foster, Gavin Creel, Sheryl Lee Ralph and the "Millie" Leads were all really, really nice at the "Millie" CD Signing in June 2002.
I think that's all so far...hmmm.... I'll add more if i remember anyone else.

As for writing to people...
I've just started writing to people to tell them how much I enjoyed their performances, and I have been pleasantly surprised by how quickly they write back, and how nice they are to take the time to do so.
Shoshana- sent a signed picture back in like a week, which I have since framed and hung on my wall.
Jennifer Laura- also sent a signed picture, took about 2 weeks, also framed/hung on wall.
Gary Beach- signed playbill and picture, one week, framed/hung on wall.
Gavin Creel- signed playbill and personal note, one week, framed/hung on wall.
Harvey Fierstein- signed pic, one week, framed/hung on wall.
Carole Shelley- signed pic, 2 page note, very cool! framed/hung on wall.
I'm still waiting for some other before I send any more out, but I really love getting the self-addressed stamped envelopes back, it's so exciting! And then to have these special things is just great, so it makes me realize how genuinely great Broadway people are. They really care about their fans, and appreciate getting positive mail, and in return they are so nice to take time out of such a busy schedule to write back. So... that's it for now.

OH P.S. I sent an 8 1/2 X 11 Envelope, with another 8 1/2 X 11 Envelope (Self-Addressed, Stamped) inside. Very Cool, and most of them have a great turn around for writing back.

Updated On: 3/20/05 at 12:27 AM

MissNY
#115Meeting B-Way Folks/Writing to B-Way Folks
Posted: 3/18/05 at 1:14am

I just met pretty much the whole cast of All Shook Up after seeing it tonight and they were all really sweet. My favorites remain Barret, Jennifer and Stephanie (and John before he left) at Ave Q and David and JLT at Wicked.

DancerGirl16 Profile Photo
DancerGirl16
#116Meeting B-Way Folks/Writing to B-Way Folks
Posted: 3/18/05 at 10:28am

I never had a bad one. Hugh Jackman and I had a conversation about performing at the imperial (techniqual aspects) and the Les Miserables cast was incredible

Those were the most memberable

When someone blunders, we say that he makes a misstep. Is it then not clear that all the ills of mankind, all the tragic misfortunes that fill our history books, all the political blunders, all the failures of the great leaders have arisen merely from a lack of skill in dancing. - Moliere

mirramar
#117Meeting B-Way Folks/Writing to B-Way Folks
Posted: 3/18/05 at 10:46am

I've met the cast of ASU, Avenue Q, Wicked, Wonderful Town, DRS and several others. I also run into different actors all the time when I walk to the train after work.
Updated On: 3/18/05 at 10:46 AM

boatsintheghetto Profile Photo
boatsintheghetto
#118Meeting B-Way Folks/Writing to B-Way Folks
Posted: 3/18/05 at 11:59am

ok so ive only met people at 2 different shows

Wicked:
Shoshana, JLT, and David were all so nice and amazing and sweet. and I love them all!!!

BKLYN:
I couldnt find the stage door haha its rgith by the fron but yah i was clueless so i came a little late and only got:
Cleavent...he was so nice and friendly and seemed so happy that we all enjoyed him
Romana...she was sorta snotty and stuff...it made me not like the character so much

Jimmcf Profile Photo
Jimmcf
#119Meeting B-Way Folks/Writing to B-Way Folks
Posted: 3/18/05 at 12:16pm

Maybe Ramona was still in character

My mother always used to say, "The older you get, the better you get, unless you're a banana." - Rose Nyland

luvtheEmcee
#120Meeting B-Way Folks/Writing to B-Way Folks
Posted: 3/18/05 at 12:17pm

OMG GUYS I MET IDINA LAST NIGHT!!!!!!!!

Okay, in all seriousness, it was really nice to get a chance to meet her without a ton of people around. She's quiet, but very sweet. Meeting B-Way Folks/Writing to B-Way Folks

Matt_G Profile Photo
Matt_G
#121Meeting B-Way Folks/Writing to B-Way Folks
Posted: 3/18/05 at 12:20pm

SHUT UP! I met Idina last night, too!!

She really is a sweetheart isn't she?

"Noah, someday we'll talk again. But there's things we'll never say. That sorrow deep inside you. It inside me, too. And it never go away. You be okay. You'll learn how to lose things..."

luvtheEmcee
#122Meeting B-Way Folks/Writing to B-Way Folks
Posted: 3/18/05 at 12:21pm

*gasp!*

you DID?! Meeting B-Way Folks/Writing to B-Way Folks

But yes. I was essentially silent. She tried to talk to me, but I pulled the usual "I'm sorry, I'm afraid of you" look.

Matt_G Profile Photo
Matt_G
#123Meeting B-Way Folks/Writing to B-Way Folks
Posted: 3/18/05 at 1:08pm

WOW, you should have come over and said hi. Oh well, maybe next time.

But you're right that it was very nice to see her not surrounded by screaming 10 year olds. She seemed very happy on set last night.

"Noah, someday we'll talk again. But there's things we'll never say. That sorrow deep inside you. It inside me, too. And it never go away. You be okay. You'll learn how to lose things..."

TheActr97J Profile Photo
TheActr97J
#124Sending Letters?
Posted: 3/18/05 at 4:35pm

What size envelope do u send to get a signed photo back? Just wondering cause I'd like to send some letters? Do you just ask if they would send a signed photo?

"I seem to have wandered into the BRAIN load-out thread... "
-best12bars

"Sorry I am a Theatre major not a English Major"
-skibumb5290

Videos