Kathleen Turner in "Serial Mom"

FOAnatic Profile Photo
FOAnatic
#0Kathleen Turner in "Serial Mom"
Posted: 4/20/05 at 12:36am

This movie is completely nuts. I just saw it for the first time on HBO and I can't believe how absurdly funny this movie is. Kathleen Turner is amazing as the title character. I don't know whether to laugh at how funny it is, cower in fear of every chilling look Turner flashes, or praise how ingenious she is. This movie is beyond crazy but Kathleen Turner is absolutely sensational in it. How can you not love a woman who bludgens a jury member who just freed her because she was wearing white shoes after labor day?

ROCK ON, MS. TURNER. ROCK ON!!

"I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about." - Oscar Wilde

bronxboundexpress Profile Photo
bronxboundexpress
#1re: Kathleen Turner in 'Serial Mom'
Posted: 4/20/05 at 12:44am

Note the title of this website.

BroadwayWorld.com

StephanietheStar Profile Photo
StephanietheStar
#2re: Kathleen Turner in 'Serial Mom'
Posted: 4/20/05 at 12:45am

i saw this when I was little cuz it was a Disney movie..and my mom couldn't believe disney would have made it..so she was like appalled..!!

the only part I still remember is when she takes that guy's liver out with a fork or something...lol

and all that I could do because of you was talk of love...

FOAnatic Profile Photo
FOAnatic
#3re: Kathleen Turner in 'Serial Mom'
Posted: 4/20/05 at 12:47am

FYI, Bronx.

This is a thread accidentally posted here that was meant for the Off topic board.

Also, this is a thread talking about a BROADWAY performer. Who's to say we can talk about other works of BROADWAY performers on the Main Board?...Not you.

Don't condescend to me please. Of all people on this board, YOU are the LAST one who should be correcting anyone.

"I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about." - Oscar Wilde
Updated On: 4/20/05 at 12:47 AM

bronxboundexpress Profile Photo
bronxboundexpress
#4re: Kathleen Turner in 'Serial Mom'
Posted: 4/20/05 at 12:50am

Sorry I'm just in a bad mood because I found out a friend has died and I have 5 papers to write in the next 3 weeks and I don't even knwo why I'm on this website right now.

StephanietheStar Profile Photo
StephanietheStar
#5re: Kathleen Turner in 'Serial Mom'
Posted: 4/20/05 at 12:51am

I'm sorry..re: Kathleen Turner in 'Serial Mom'

You're here so we can make you happy! yay...happy! *sorry I'm not good at this!*

and all that I could do because of you was talk of love...

TGIF Profile Photo
TGIF
#6re: Kathleen Turner in 'Serial Mom'
Posted: 4/20/05 at 1:10am

It is one of my favorite movies.

"Pu$sywillows, Dotty."

I want to write music. I want to sit down right now at my piano and write a song that people will listen to and remember and do the same thing every morning...for the rest of my life. - Jonathan Larson. Tick, Tick...BOOM!

Broadway Matt Profile Photo
Broadway Matt
#7re: Kathleen Turner in 'Serial Mom'
Posted: 4/20/05 at 1:20am

disney made a john waters movie?

"The last train out of any station will not be full of nice guys." - Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"I wash my face, then drink beer, then I weep. Say a prayer and induce insincere self-abuse, till I'm fast asleep"- In Trousers

Chrysanthemum62001
#8re: Kathleen Turner in 'Serial Mom'
Posted: 4/20/05 at 2:27am

I LOVE Serial Mom! I saw it for the first time last semester, an my roommate and I just howled! I highly suggest this really strange film! It's a cult classic!

"What a mystery this world. One day you love them and the next day you want to kill them a thousand times over." The Masked Bandit in THE FALL

Mimi Imfurst
#9re: Kathleen Turner in 'Serial Mom'
Posted: 4/20/05 at 4:14am

first of all- john waters=genious. proud owner of all his films. I'm a little disapointed that cry baby will be his next broadway turn. i always thought seriel mom would be great for broadway.....on fire island my friend and i take turns switching the roles in the mrs. wilson of the telephone company scene... absolutley amazing.

"im a troubled woman mrs wilson. i've had my number changed five times..."

"well i need to know exactly what they said"

"oh i couldnt"

"i need to know what they said, go on, its alright"

"well... C@cksucker- thats what they called me- c@cksucker!"

"listen to your mouth dotty hinkle you dirty f**king wh@re!"

NYC's Most Retarded Drag Queen The Mimi Show: hosted by Mimi Imfurst features Broadway stars Tuesdays @ 10:30pm Weekly! June 13th: Hairspray's Michelle Dowdy, June 20th: Aida's Lori Ann Strunk, June 27th: Composer Katie Thompson No Cover- No Drink Minimum OW BAR: 221 E 58th Street (between 2nd and 3rd) www.owbar.com

Jwei123 Profile Photo
Jwei123
#10re: Kathleen Turner in 'Serial Mom'
Posted: 4/20/05 at 6:40am

Bronx, this is related to Broadway because John Waters Directed (and wrote?) Serial Mom, as well as Hairspray, which was turned into a musical that is still playing on Broadway. So it IS related. re: Kathleen Turner in 'Serial Mom'

awkward.

"I think it was the Korean tour or something. They were all frickin' asian!" -Zoran912

Phantom487
#11re: Kathleen Turner in 'Serial Mom'
Posted: 4/20/05 at 1:17pm

I LOVE THIS MOVIE!

Esp the prank call scene!!!!

"Is this the c0ck sucker residence???"

"Isn't this 4215 Pus5y Way?"

"Lemme check the zip code... 212 F*ck You??"

TheatreDiva90016 Profile Photo
TheatreDiva90016
#12re: Kathleen Turner in 'Serial Mom'
Posted: 4/20/05 at 1:31pm

"You've got some gore on your shoe"

"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> “I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post.” <<>> -whatever2

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#13re: Kathleen Turner in 'Serial Mom'
Posted: 4/20/05 at 1:37pm

I think I need to see the movie again. I remember seeing it when it was released and thinking it was consistently almost funny, but never hit the mark. I think he peaked with Hairspray and has had a downward slide since then. Cecil B. Demented was a HUGE waste of time and I didn't even bother to see his latest.

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

NCGuy Profile Photo
NCGuy
#14re: Kathleen Turner in 'Serial Mom'
Posted: 4/20/05 at 2:09pm

I know this thread is about Kathleen (and she's brilliant in the movie), but Mink Stole is genius in "Serial Mom" ("Please help me, I'm a divorced woman!")! I love her perm!

TGIF Profile Photo
TGIF
#15re: Kathleen Turner in 'Serial Mom'
Posted: 4/20/05 at 2:42pm

TheatreDiva, I think its "You got some goo on your shoe."

I want to write music. I want to sit down right now at my piano and write a song that people will listen to and remember and do the same thing every morning...for the rest of my life. - Jonathan Larson. Tick, Tick...BOOM!

QueenS
#16re: Kathleen Turner in 'Serial Mom'
Posted: 4/20/05 at 3:04pm

The movie gets better and better with each subsequent viewing. The courtroom scene is PRICELESS!

Elphabuff2 Profile Photo
Elphabuff2
#17re: Kathleen Turner in 'Serial Mom'
Posted: 4/20/05 at 4:37pm

It was on HBO last night. What has Mink Stole been in? I, too, saw it when I was younger, but I never "got" that name until recently.

Also, I was just talking about Kathleen Turner in THE GRADUATE after seeing SERIAL MOM last night.

Not to sound stupid, but is SERIAL MOM really a true story or might that be just part of the movie's structure? (I know each scene is not ABSOLUTELY true, but may be based on actual events?)

BTW- Ricki Lake is horrendous in it.
Updated On: 4/20/05 at 04:37 PM

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#18re: Kathleen Turner in 'Serial Mom'
Posted: 4/20/05 at 4:41pm

Mink Stole is a regular in John Waters films. You might remember her as Corny Collins' assistant in the film Hairspray.

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

TGIF Profile Photo
TGIF
#19re: Kathleen Turner in 'Serial Mom'
Posted: 4/20/05 at 4:44pm

Mink Stole rocks!

Rathnait62 Profile Photo
Rathnait62
#20re: Kathleen Turner in 'Serial Mom'
Posted: 4/20/05 at 7:20pm

A bit of trivia:

The Suzanne Somers role was originally written for Farrah Fawcett, who turned it down.

Have I ever shown you my Shattered Dreams box? It's in my Disappointment Closet. - Marge Simpson

Rathnait62 Profile Photo
Rathnait62
#21re: Kathleen Turner in 'Serial Mom'
Posted: 4/20/05 at 8:03pm

YOUNG MAN
Are you Chip Sutphin?

CHIP
(Into phone)
Hold on...
(To YOUNG MAN)
Yeah I am, but you'll have
to speak to my agent...

YOUNG MAN
Your mom killed my brother!

He punches CHIP in the mouth.

CHIP
(Getting up, rubbing
his jaw)
That's cool...hey look, you're
Carl's brother, right?

YOUNG MAN
That's right.

CHIP
I'm sorry he's dead, but...
have you signed off yet?

YOUNG MAN
(Suddenly all business)
You mean for TV or print?

Have I ever shown you my Shattered Dreams box? It's in my Disappointment Closet. - Marge Simpson

Yorkie1276
#22re: Kathleen Turner in 'Serial Mom'
Posted: 4/20/05 at 8:04pm

I love this movie. Turner is such a terrific actress. Saw her in Virginia Woolf three weeks ago. Amazing performance. She deserves all the acclaim she receives.

Falsettoland Profile Photo
Falsettoland
#23re: Kathleen Turner in 'Serial Mom'
Posted: 4/20/05 at 8:19pm

"Chip, you know how I hate the brown word"

I love this movie.

"We are engaged in two wars, one on drugs and one on terror, that can never be won. I mean, one is a group of inanimate objects and the other is an emotion. We might as well fight a war on pasta, which I guess the Atkins people are actually doing."

Videos