Hugh.mmmmmmmm. Hugh

Jimmyojimmy Profile Photo
Jimmyojimmy
#0Hugh.mmmmmmmm. Hugh
Posted: 6/6/05 at 10:08pm

Does anybody think that Hugh Jackman needs to be on Broadway again in something, I miss the boy from oz. and plus hes sooo talented.

lelemaple2
#1re: Hugh.mmmmmmmm. Hugh
Posted: 6/6/05 at 10:13pm

He is fabulous...I miss him too, and after meeting him last year, I can't wait for more....

Fan2
#2re: Hugh.mmmmmmmm. Hugh
Posted: 6/6/05 at 10:15pm

He wants to bring his "one man show" (similar to what he did in Vegas and at the Tonys) to Broadway. He said on The Early Show the other day that he had "two or three ideas in the works" so we could be seeing him again! Oh, to be in demand for Broadway AND movies...

BluCat500 Profile Photo
BluCat500
#3re: Hugh.mmmmmmmm. Hugh

I think darn near everyone thinks that re: Hugh.mmmmmmmm. Hugh

So I was sitting in my cubicle today, and I realized, ever since I started working, every single day of my life has been worse than the day before it. So that means that every single day that you see me, that's on the worst day of my life.~Office Space

cturtle Profile Photo
cturtle
#4re: Hugh.mmmmmmmm. Hugh

his voice was in top form last night at the tonys ... too bad they didn't put it to good use :-/

RIP glebby <3

Dirty Rotten Scoundrel
#5re: Hugh.mmmmmmmm. Hugh
Posted: 6/6/05 at 10:16pm

yeah hes great i totally miss him! after meeting and hugging him last year..i wouldnt mind an encore! lol. not to mention he was fabulous in bfo

jaded_october Profile Photo
jaded_october
#6re: Hugh.mmmmmmmm. Hugh
Posted: 6/6/05 at 10:23pm

i think im the only person who doesnt think hugh isnt the greatest thing since sliced bread.

i mean, he's great he's fabulous, but i dont know, he just doesnt do it for me.

not trying to start any SH*T, so dont freak out on me.

-annie http://www.livejournal.com/users/jadedoctober http://www.myspace.com/jadedoctober

JoizeyActor Profile Photo
JoizeyActor
#7re: Hugh.mmmmmmmm. Hugh
Posted: 6/6/05 at 10:27pm

I'm not a huge fan of his, either. If he hosts the Tony's next year, I think I will refuse to watch it.

JenD512
#8re: Hugh.mmmmmmmm. Hugh
Posted: 6/6/05 at 11:43pm

Well, then you two are in the minority.

Yes, I can't wait to see Hugh back on Broadway...but he's doing X-Men 3 first (can't wait for that either), and it looks like he's opening BFO in Australia next summer. Maybe late next year? re: Hugh.mmmmmmmm. Hugh

Jimmyojimmy Profile Photo
Jimmyojimmy
#9re: Hugh.mmmmmmmm. Hugh
Posted: 6/7/05 at 12:06am

i certainly hope so.

alterego Profile Photo
alterego
#10re: Hugh.mmmmmmmm. Hugh
Posted: 6/7/05 at 2:54am

I think Jackman with Dame Edna Everage as hostess would be good. As long as Peters doesn't do it again for some time (she MUST have photo's!).

etoile
#11re: Hugh.mmmmmmmm. Hugh
Posted: 6/7/05 at 3:09am

" Well, then you two are in the minority."

I think that's pretty presumptuous. Seems to me the majority of members (over 17,000) don't post. So how would one know what's the minority?

Rest in peace, Iflitifloat.

DancerGirl16 Profile Photo
DancerGirl16
#12re: Hugh.mmmmmmmm. Hugh
Posted: 6/7/05 at 8:30am

I agree. I love hugh and he is a sweeetheart! :)

Also, his name sells tickets

When someone blunders, we say that he makes a misstep. Is it then not clear that all the ills of mankind, all the tragic misfortunes that fill our history books, all the political blunders, all the failures of the great leaders have arisen merely from a lack of skill in dancing. - Moliere

thibodeaux Profile Photo
thibodeaux
#13re: Hugh.mmmmmmmm. Hugh
Posted: 6/7/05 at 12:35pm

don't crucify me while i voice my opinion, and it's just than, an opinion; take it or leave it i mean no disrespect to anyone who loves hugh jackman so don't try to blast me because you feel it your humanly duty to stick up for him...

but i'm tired of hugh jackman!! stick to wolverine.

i just never clicked with him and he hasn't done anything to make me be like, "maybe he is good..."

his performance at the tony's last year was a joke, in my view, and i definitely don't think he deserved the tony when you had people like john tartaglia who played multimple parts, performed flawless puppetry and sang...but then, talent doesn't always win over name/recognition.

just my two cents. discussion/debate is great, just don't hate--cuz hate is whack!

whatever and ever amen - ben folds five

mrcacou Profile Photo
mrcacou
#14re: Hugh.mmmmmmmm. Hugh
Posted: 6/7/05 at 12:45pm

Looks like you haven't seen the Boy From Oz. When my US friends took me there I was like, ok he did the X-Men, nice muscles and so on. I think I have never felt like this in a show in my entire life. He was just great. He even interacted with late comers. That was awesome. And during his last number, ONCE BEFORE I GO, he got a well deserved standing ovation. I saw all the shows that were tony nominated for best performance by an actor in a musical. He deserved it over the others "according to me".

In my heart, I found the answered dream, and in my soul I found the song, and in my friends I found the magic, the love, the moon up above- they were mine, all mine, all along..!

JenD512
#15re: Hugh.mmmmmmmm. Hugh
Posted: 6/7/05 at 12:51pm

<>

I don't really care, actually.

He was a theater actor before he was Wolverine

<>

That's stupid. I adored John Tartaglia in Avenue Q...but you think he lost because Hugh was a movie star? The guy played 397 performances (incl. previews) without missing a show, sang 22+ songs and was only off stage for less than 10 minutes of the show. That sounds like a lot of hard work to me.

I think they're both terrific, but I'm glad Hugh won. re: Hugh.mmmmmmmm. Hugh

ken8631 Profile Photo
ken8631
#16re: Hugh.mmmmmmmm. Hugh
Posted: 6/7/05 at 1:08pm

Wife and I saw BFO 28 times. Need I say more?

MasterLcZ Profile Photo
MasterLcZ
#17re: Hugh, eh!
Posted: 6/7/05 at 1:13pm

thibodeaux, dear...you are NOT alone.

Hugh is pretty. He has a nice smile and a great butt. He's very gracious to fans and is by all reports a sweeteart both on and off stage. I saw THE BOY FROM OZ and thought he was fine. But he gave off an self-aware impression of never letting the audience forget that he was working VERY hard. And he managed to create a Peter Allen that was a good deal blander, more conventionally hot and handsome and less interesting than the real thing.

He makes a lot of hausfraus squeal and a lot of queens melt, and thats fine. But he's not someone I would call a Broadway legend. At all.

"Christ, Bette Davis?!?!"

Videos