Tim Curry

Born2cthelightsofbway Profile Photo
Born2cthelightsofbway
#0Tim Curry
Posted: 6/9/05 at 8:27pm

Is he nice, full of him-self, flirty? one of my friends said he was really nice, another said kind of weird. i was just wondering because i want to try to meet him and am kind of curious.

"You alone can make my song take flight, it's over now, the Music of the Night!!!!!"

Thenardier Profile Photo
Thenardier
#1re: Tim Curry
Posted: 6/9/05 at 8:28pm

He hasn't been coming out.

CJR
#2re: Tim Curry
Posted: 6/9/05 at 8:29pm

Tim is very very sweet. Very gracious and quite funny. He really is a wonderful guy.

Beware though, he doesn't come out between shows.... and he won't sign material from past productions (ESPECIALLY Rocky Horror)

"You're every gay man's wet dream!" ~ MA

If in Heaven you don't excel, you can always party down in hell...

Katecab99 Profile Photo
Katecab99
#3re: Tim Curry
Posted: 6/9/05 at 8:30pm

i LOVE him!!

Born2cthelightsofbway
#4re: Tim Curry
Posted: 6/9/05 at 8:31pm

I know he hasnt been coming out between i was there yesterday and was very dissapointed.

re: Tim Curry

"You alone can make my song take flight, it's over now, the Music of the Night!!!!!"

CJR
#5re: Tim Curry
Posted: 6/9/05 at 8:33pm

That's nothing new though. Tim has never come out between shows.... he rests between shows.

Ladyofthe Lake Profile Photo
Ladyofthe Lake
#6re: Tim Curry
Posted: 6/9/05 at 8:41pm

I don't claim to know the man, and apparently he doesn't come out as often as some of his co-stars, but he is, at the very least, polite...I saw him at the stage door after a full day's worth of performances for "A Christmas Carol" and he was obviously exhausted, but he still tried to oblige the waiting fans (although without much in the way of talking). He was much more gregarious when I saw him at the "Spamalot" stage door. If you get to meet him, it should be a very pleasant experience.

KarenWalker Profile Photo
KarenWalker
#7re: Tim Curry
Posted: 6/9/05 at 10:37pm

i was at the Tonys after party for Spamalot and I was introduced to Tim and i said "Congratulations" and he replied with a "for what?.....staying at this party this long?" i was like "ummm...nice meeting you, take care" ::blink blink:: ::cricket cricket::

tagiunagi
#8re: Tim Curry
Posted: 6/9/05 at 11:08pm

seriously?!? how ungrateful for the people who try to make the best of situations!

Question: Will Esparza win for The Homecoming? BobbyBubby: I hope so. If only for the mental health of many people on this board.

JaiRoAngel Profile Photo
JaiRoAngel
#9re: Tim Curry
Posted: 6/10/05 at 9:33am

Well maybe this was a one time thing, but when I saw the show, it was the matinee and Tim came out IN BETWEEN SHOWS. Yes that's right. He came out just a few minutes after Hank and David and told people that he was sorry if he had food in his teeth, he was just eating a sandwich. He was very funny and very very nice. And he signed EVERYTHING even the Rocky Horror stuff. I was there, I saw it with my own eyes. Maybe since then he has decided to stop. I say experience it for yourself and don't listen to what we say on here because everyone has a different experience.

mikewood
#10re: Tim Curry
Posted: 6/10/05 at 9:39am

I ran into him once in Shubert alley, and he seemed very kind, gracious even. (The fact I'm not an autograph seeker by any means may have helped.)

BLAH BLAH BLAH
Updated On: 6/10/05 at 09:39 AM

wickedrentq Profile Photo
wickedrentq
#11re: Tim Curry
Posted: 6/10/05 at 12:31pm

Actually lately, at least the time I went and from what I've been hearing from people, he doesn't come out of the stage door after night shows.

I've heard that the first couple of months he always came out and was gracious, but I don't know how often he does it anymore. This is just based on when I went, and a couple of other people, so I'm not saying he never does, it's starting to seem rare however.

"If there was a Mount Rushmore for Broadway scores, "West Side Story" would be front and center. It snaps, it crackles it pops! It surges with a roar, its energy and sheer life undiminished by the years" - NYPost reviewer Elisabeth Vincentelli

cvapb Profile Photo
cvapb
#12re: Tim Curry
Posted: 6/10/05 at 12:36pm

He is VERY nice.. and he loves his fans!

paris27 Profile Photo
paris27
#13re: Tim Curry
Posted: 6/10/05 at 12:47pm

I've met him twice and he was very nice, funny, gracious and seemed appreciative of his fans. I'm sure he has bad days, just like the rest of us!

CJR
#14re: Tim Curry
Posted: 6/10/05 at 6:35pm

I say experience it for yourself and don't listen to what we say on here because everyone has a different experience.

What you experienced has now since changed. I say this *from* experience and not just one experience as I am at the Shubert all the time.

Dirty Rotten Scoundrel
#15re: Tim Curry
Posted: 6/10/05 at 6:38pm

tim is a brilliant actor. but every single time i see him, i think of frank n furter. lol.

Magical_Ms._Mistoffeles_72 Profile Photo
Magical_Ms._Mistoffeles_72
#16re: Tim Curry
Posted: 6/10/05 at 6:45pm

I have never had the pleasure of meeting Mr. Curry, but there are a few things I do know
1)He was soo good in Rocky Horror- actually he was my first crush, any man who can wear stockings, a corset, high heels, full make-up, woman's jewelery, and still be confident is DAMN sexy! re: Tim Curry
2)very versitile
3) he has to be a little wierd to be able to play Frank'n' Furter :)

Join me on journey that is the development of my first musical! Twitter/Insta @gimpymusical FB: Gimpy The Musical email @gimpymusical@gmail.com for more info!

Born2cthelightsofbway
#17re: Tim Curry
Posted: 6/10/05 at 9:24pm

thanks for all the comments, and KarenWalker- i cant believe he said that, i guess maybe he was a little annoyed that he didn't win, but thanks for the feedback everyone!

#18re: Tim Curry
Posted: 6/10/05 at 9:45pm

I saw Tim on the Rosie O' Donnell Show when he was in A Christmas Carol, he was so nice... he gave the entire audience tixs to see the show, he was amazing... I loved it... especially because I had been upset we werent gonna see a show this time around... I was so shocked...

It was amazing.

#19re: Tim Curry
Posted: 6/11/05 at 1:12am

I thought he was incredibly gracious when we saw the show 3 weeks ago, and I was expecting him to either not come out or come out and not sign autographs. What really surprised me was his height. I guess I remembered him in high heels and high hair...good Lord, he's 5'6", I looked down and saw the top of his head.

JaiRoAngel Profile Photo
JaiRoAngel
#20re: Tim Curry
Posted: 6/11/05 at 3:09pm

"I say experience it for yourself and don't listen to what we say on here because everyone has a different experience.

What you experienced has now since changed. I say this *from* experience and not just one experience as I am at the Shubert all the time."

Well, CJR, if you had read my post...I said that this may have changed since then. But what I stated was true because I experienced something totally different then your many experiences. Did I ever say that what you said was not true? No. I was just making the point known that on different occasions, experiences change. So don't take our words as gospel because she or he could be pleasantly suprised or either let down. Maybe in all of your experiences at the Shubert he never signs between shows and he never signs anything but Spamalot stuff, but there will always be that one time he did. So that shows that experiences change and that one time may come again. But it seems that you think that my post should not be listened to and that you are the only one who could answer the question. Sorry I let my two cents be known.

CJR
#21re: Tim Curry
Posted: 6/11/05 at 3:11pm

You took my post differently than it was intended. My wording was probably wrong, as I was in a hurry, so I apologize for that. I was merely confirming your statement of "it may have changed since then"

worrell4077
#22re: Tim Curry
Posted: 6/11/05 at 4:06pm

Tim was such a nice guy when I met him in February. He signed for everyone and took photos(see my fan photos).

Mamie Profile Photo
Mamie
#23re: Tim Curry
Posted: 6/11/05 at 6:43pm

Well, I was one of the dopes who waited out there for an hour and a half and he didn't come out. (I guess it was between shows. Between Wednesday night and Thursday night.)

www.thebreastcancersite.com
A click for life.
mamie4 5/14/03

Videos