News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

All Shook Up cd

WickedGeek28 Profile Photo
WickedGeek28
#0All Shook Up cd
Posted: 6/20/05 at 10:34am

Has anyone bought it? I really wanna see the show but I don't know if I sohuld see it and then buy it or buy it before I see it! Any help woud be great!

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view - until you climb into his skin and walk around in it."
To Kill A Mockingbird

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#1re: All Shook Up cd
Posted: 6/20/05 at 10:37am

The cd doesn't really give away the "plot" if that's what you're worried about.

#2re: All Shook Up cd
Posted: 6/20/05 at 10:39am

Its really good... I bought it because Im going to see the show on June 28th and its really good... In the beginning of the CD it give the synopsis of the story which is alittle confusing but still a great CD.

timote316
#3re: All Shook Up cd
Posted: 6/20/05 at 10:58am

No, it doesn't give away the plot at all. Just don't read the synopsis in the booklet.

Speaking of the synopsis, that is a pretty humorous plot.

#4re: All Shook Up cd
Posted: 6/20/05 at 11:00am

I know and that picture of Chad and Natalie as a guy, is he blind? Come on, she looks like a girl in drag!

ChrisLovesShows Profile Photo
ChrisLovesShows
#5re: All Shook Up cd
Posted: 6/20/05 at 11:01am

I bought it just 'cause I love Elvis, and it's quite enjoyable. I like in the way I like the Mamma Mia! CD even though I didn't care so much for the show. The songs are just fun and it's fun to hear them in a different arrangement.

"Do you know ChrisLovesShows?" "Yes. Why, yes he does!"

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#6re: All Shook Up cd
Posted: 6/20/05 at 11:10am

I like the CD and think it's better than the actual show. No motorcycle angels or dancing statues.

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

eslgr8 Profile Photo
eslgr8
#7re: All Shook Up cd
Posted: 6/20/05 at 11:24am

The arrangements by Stephen Oremus make the Elvis songs sound fresh and new, especially the glorious Act 1 finale of Can't Help Falling In Love. As to Jenn looking still looking like a girl, well, it's based on Shakespeare, and the audience is expected to be in the joke (we can see she's a girl but no one else can't). I'm seeing it on Wednesday!!!

#8re: All Shook Up cd
Posted: 6/20/05 at 11:27am

Cool... Let us know it is... Im going on the 28th.

Thenardier Profile Photo
Thenardier
#9re: All Shook Up cd
Posted: 6/20/05 at 11:28am

The arrangements are great.

The comedy and the way the show makes fun of itself is not apparent in the CD - he way people break out in song, the staging (obviously), etc.

On the CD it sounds like a regular jukebox musical - but after the show you will see how great it is.

#10re: All Shook Up cd
Posted: 6/20/05 at 11:40am

Thats cool.

Cant wait to see it!

TabooWickedFan Profile Photo
TabooWickedFan
#11re: All Shook Up cd
Posted: 6/20/05 at 11:43am

I bought the cd and absolutely love it! You should definitely pick it up and then go see the show. You will have a great time!

"But I relish every brillant inspired moment. This is who I'm determined to be- an actor/singer/dancer-no, I take that back, this is who I am. These people are my tribe, my destiny. I know it. -How I Paid for College; A story of sex, theft, friendship and musical theater.

#12re: All Shook Up cd
Posted: 6/20/05 at 11:46am

There having a special thing- 50 bucks for Orch... Its part of some promotion, thats how we got our tixs.

It goes from June 27th to sometime in July

The code is email2 on Ticketmaster

liotte Profile Photo
liotte
#13re: All Shook Up cd
Posted: 6/20/05 at 12:22pm

I love the CD, it sounds wonderful and is a lot of fun!

I'm also going on June 28th.

#14re: All Shook Up cd
Posted: 6/20/05 at 12:37pm

Cool Liotte, where you sitting?

BertCCRI2 Profile Photo
BertCCRI2
#15re: All Shook Up cd
Posted: 6/20/05 at 1:13pm

I've seen the show three times: once at Goodspeed and twice in New York. There were no flying motorcycles at Goodspeed, of course, but I guess the thinking is that people paying Broadway prices want to feel as if they're getting their money's worth in terms of spectacle. It's a fun show, and the cast, headed by Cheyenne and Jenn, does a terrific job. I just played the cd again a little while ago and echo the comments posted earlier that the arrangements are terrific. The "Can't Help Falling in Love" Act I finale is beautiful.

WickedGeek28 Profile Photo
WickedGeek28
#16re: All Shook Up cd
Posted: 6/20/05 at 1:28pm

Thank you guys so much for the info / revies. It seems like its a great show, oh and whoever is going on June 28th have fun! That's my bday! lol

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view - until you climb into his skin and walk around in it."
To Kill A Mockingbird

chinkie azn jai Profile Photo
chinkie azn jai
#17re: All Shook Up cd
Posted: 6/20/05 at 2:13pm

I was addicted to the cd. It is highly enjoyable!

"Chicago is it's own incredible theater town right there smack down in the middle of the heartland. What a great city! I can see why Oprah likes to live there!" - Dee Hoty :-D

PennyLou Profile Photo
PennyLou
#18re: All Shook Up cd
Posted: 6/20/05 at 3:43pm

I'm listing to it right now! It's a lot of fun..I see the show again on Wed :)

Grace: My love for you is like this scar (points to elbow) ulgy but permanent!

bwaymargie Profile Photo
bwaymargie
#19re: All Shook Up cd
Posted: 6/20/05 at 3:47pm

I saw the show with my school in April. Much like Hairspray I wanted to get up and dance in the aisles at the end. I'm actually listening to the CD right now. It's a good CD for working out cause its sooooo hyper.

PS: I personally enjoyed the dancing statues. They kind of scared me cause I thought they were real statues, not people in body makeup.

cathywellerstein Profile Photo
cathywellerstein
#20re: All Shook Up cd
Posted: 6/20/05 at 3:56pm

i love this cd. and i love this show. i saw it three times, and i want to go again.

*threadjack warning*
i saw the understudy for Dean Hyde last saturday, and i thought he was great! great voice, great dancing, great chemistry...just GREAT!
*threadjack over*

kim1061 Profile Photo
kim1061
#21re: All Shook Up cd
Posted: 6/20/05 at 4:13pm

wow i think i'm going the 28th too hahah..that's a tuesday right? lmaooo i'm going with my mom though. Im sitting orchestra..but i cant remember with row haha

A dancer might dream to see her name in lights and mean it, but all she really dreams is to make someone else feel the way she did when she first saw a dancer. And that is so beautiful-Anonymous

PennyLou Profile Photo
PennyLou
#22re: All Shook Up cd
Posted: 6/20/05 at 5:01pm

cathywellerstein~ you saw Justin Bohon.. he's been on for like 3 weeks becasue Curtis was injered (word is he'll be bcak this week) but Bonhon, while being diffent then Crutis is very good in the role.. he brings a little more of a sweetness to Dean I liked his take on the role.. But I like Curtis in the role a lot to. :)

Grace: My love for you is like this scar (points to elbow) ulgy but permanent!

#23re: All Shook Up cd
Posted: 6/20/05 at 5:35pm

Yay Kim... Yeah its a Tuesday... I think were Orch Row O or something.

Videos