Two songs I wrote for musicals

Link Larkin Wanabe Profile Photo
Link Larkin Wanabe
#0Two songs I wrote for musicals
Posted: 7/4/05 at 4:08am

Okay,

So I have been avoiding this a long time, because I son't even know. But anyways...here are two songs I wrote for musicals I am writing. These are two different musicals, so keep that in mind. One is taped live at a gig I did on Toronto, and the other is recorded fairly crappily. Lemme know what you think. Ypu may have to turn the second one way up volume wise.

Oh and note: IGNORE the banter before the second one, hah...it is useless and annoying. Go to 2:38 for the ACTUAL begining of the song.

"Here You Stand" : http://s22.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3BAYDMYT3NTU121DG32OFWVGK8

"In the Movies" : http://s22.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=125K8T86TAILC23VYHP03K1RPE

Here goes nothing,

Akiva

P.S. there songs are Copyright ME...don't even think about it buster.

Updated On: 7/5/05 at 04:08 AM

cturtle Profile Photo
cturtle
#1re: Two songs I wrote for musicals
Posted: 7/4/05 at 2:21pm

damn, i think you've got something there re: Two songs I wrote for musicals it is a pleasure to hear such fine work from a budding musician. thanks for being bold enough to post!

RIP glebby <3

Up In Lost
#2re: Two songs I wrote for musicals
Posted: 7/4/05 at 2:37pm

Hearing you say 'Props' after explaining the Wall, made me giggle a TINY bit, but here, it's starting.

Here You Stand was great, but I LOVED In The Movies. Wow. Great job!

Well, I'm glad he got away with it.
Updated On: 7/4/05 at 02:37 PM

CatieElphie1 Profile Photo
CatieElphie1
#3re: Two songs I wrote for musicals
Posted: 7/4/05 at 3:32pm

super duper...you can write for my shows anytime

Was that a fat joke?

Link Larkin Wanabe
#4re: Two songs I wrote for musicals
Posted: 7/4/05 at 4:40pm

Hah,

Thanks guys. Yeah...that banter before "here You Stand" is so stupid...I was sooo sick and woke up that morning not able to even speak, so I was hoppied up on tylenol and stuff. hah...

Akiva

Up In Lost
#5re: Two songs I wrote for musicals
Posted: 7/4/05 at 4:43pm

It wasn'[t stupid. It was... endearing...

Up In Lost
#6re: Two songs I wrote for musicals
Posted: 7/4/05 at 4:46pm

Updated On: 7/4/05 at 04:46 PM

son_of_a_gunn_25 Profile Photo
son_of_a_gunn_25
#7re: Two songs I wrote for musicals
Posted: 7/4/05 at 5:03pm

Is anyone having trouble with getting "In the Movies" to play well? It's file seems a bit garbled on my computer... I really like both of them though...

My avatar is a reminder to myself. I need lots of reminders...

Hairspraydoll Profile Photo
Hairspraydoll
#8re: Two songs I wrote for musicals
Posted: 7/4/05 at 5:20pm

I loved them. Great job!

Be the change you want in the world....

perfectliar
#9re: Two songs I wrote for musicals
Posted: 7/4/05 at 5:40pm

I adore "In the Movies." Wonderful job.

Link Larkin Wanabe
#10re: Two songs I wrote for musicals
Posted: 7/4/05 at 6:25pm

Thanks,

And son of a gun, The file IS garbled, hah. We recorded it in a very echoey room, plus some stuff got screwed up on the computer.

Akiva

MyDreamsRecurring Profile Photo
MyDreamsRecurring
#11re: Two songs I wrote for musicals
Posted: 7/4/05 at 6:37pm

Im listening to the first one now, I like it a lot!
wow, congrats and good luck on your song writing career

"No two shows are alike in the making. Each show is a living piece of your life in a small unreal world with its own character and integrity; its own new set of memorable experiences and incredible happenings. You begin to love and adapt to its strangeness. Dreams harden into substance. Values come into focus. You wish it would never end. The dream world vanishes like mist before a rising sun; part of you vanishes with it. And back you land in the real world with a thud- fogged, uneasy, jittery, difficult to get along with. There is only one cure. A new show. A new, small unreal world; new visions, experiences, incredible happenings. Again you love it, adapt to it, wish it would never end. But end it does. Another part of you vanishes. That's show business."-Anonymous

tshell88 Profile Photo
tshell88
#12re: Two songs I wrote for musicals
Posted: 7/4/05 at 8:30pm

Akiva,

You already know I love those songs. I'm impressed by the quality of the Coffee House recording. I'm glad I get to listen to it again.

James2 Profile Photo
James2
#13re: Two songs I wrote for musicals
Posted: 7/4/05 at 8:33pm

A rising talent. Pretty good.

There's a book I've read called The Samurai's Garden by Gail Tsukiyama that I think could be musicalized. I think you should read it and see if you think the same.

My avatar = A screencap from Avatar, arguably the greatest animated show of all

almostxfamous Profile Photo
almostxfamous
#14re: Two songs I wrote for musicals
Posted: 7/4/05 at 8:34pm

They are both soo good. First one - Very powerful message and relation to Jews(what what). Second one- Easy to relate to and very catchy.

Both AMAZING.

heart.
mel

ikmbway
#15re: Two songs I wrote for musicals
Posted: 7/4/05 at 8:35pm

Wow that was amazing. You are a great composer! I would so wanna buy this on a cd!! I've tried writing songs and that has never worked out. You really have some great talent keep it up and i would like to hear more!

Link Larkin Wanabe
#16re: Two songs I wrote for musicals
Posted: 7/4/05 at 10:43pm

Thanks guys,

tshell...thanks, hah. You heard it live, first time I ever prformed it for a crowd. hah...Hopefully that'll be something to tell people in the future. Oh and you still owe me an email about your NY experiences.

James2, I'll look it up, although I am hesitant to musicalize any copywritten materila until I become more established, and it is easier for me to get the rights. But thanks for the tip-off.

Akiva

Link Larkin Wanabe
#17re: Two songs I wrote for musicals
Posted: 7/4/05 at 11:45pm

shameless bump.

Akiva

BroadwayGirl107 Profile Photo
BroadwayGirl107
#18re: Two songs I wrote for musicals
Posted: 7/5/05 at 12:12am

Ok, I'm still on the first song, but I love it, so I have to comment now. I wouldn't comment on this thread if I didn't think highly of it, but I think you did great job.

everynewpreexgirlfriend
#20re: Two songs I wrote for musicals
Posted: 7/5/05 at 12:21am

These are really great...You are very talented! Thanks for sharing these awesome pieces!

Link Larkin Wanabe
#21re: Two songs I wrote for musicals
Posted: 7/5/05 at 1:06am

Thanks guys,

Any of you have any suggestions or critism, althoug I guess that is hard since there isn't much context for the songs given here.

Akiva

elimeyer Profile Photo
elimeyer
#22re: Two songs I wrote for musicals
Posted: 7/5/05 at 1:47am

Bravo!
Well done!
I really enjoyed them Akiva.
You are welcome, nay, invited to write me songs ANYTIME....

Check out my site... I am doing a one man cabaret July 17th, if you are in NYC, please come see it!
Please Visit My Site!

-elli- Visit me @ http://www.thekingofbroadway.com "They say that life is 'Tit for Tat' and thats the way I live, so I deserve a lot of 'TAT' for what I've got to give!!!"

Link Larkin Wanabe
#23re: Two songs I wrote for musicals
Posted: 7/5/05 at 2:17am

Hah,

Thanks Eli, actually my dads name is Eliezer, so that's cool. I enjoyed your site.

Akiva

KristiAnn85 Profile Photo
KristiAnn85
#24re: Two songs I wrote for musicals
Posted: 7/5/05 at 2:18am

Wow...very good. I'm curious about the musicals now...
Nicely done.

Link Larkin Wanabe
#25re: Two songs I wrote for musicals
Posted: 7/5/05 at 3:01am

Thanks,

Hah, and hopefully one day you will find out all about my musicals, when you see them playing at a theatre near you :P

Akiva

Videos