Best Logos ..?

me3 Profile Photo
me3
#0Best Logos ..?
Posted: 7/18/05 at 8:56pm

What show do you think has the best logo ?

And Just answer the question
No comments about this thread already being done : ) Updated On: 7/18/05 at 08:56 PM

AuditioningWaitress
#1re: Best Logos ..?
Posted: 7/18/05 at 9:02pm

I always loved the MISS SAIGON logo...Maybe because it was one of the first shows I saw on Broadway. Also remember really liking THE SECRET GARDEN logo.

Nath
#2re: Best Logos ..?
Posted: 7/18/05 at 9:03pm

CHICAGO!

The most simple, yet most recognisable...

Sumofallthings Profile Photo
Sumofallthings
#3re: Best Logos ..?
Posted: 7/18/05 at 9:05pm

Les Mis has a great one that is very recognizable. Phantom is probably the most recognizable "You remember your first time" says it all, they don't even need the title.

I particularly love both Light in the Piazza and Dirty Rotten Scoundrels.

BSoBW2: I punched Sondheim in the face after I saw Wicked and said, "Why couldn't you write like that!?"

WickedGeek28 Profile Photo
WickedGeek28
#4re: Best Logos ..?
Posted: 7/18/05 at 9:11pm

https://forum.broadwayworld.com/readmessage.cfm?boardname=bway&thread=855872#1227931

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view - until you climb into his skin and walk around in it."
To Kill A Mockingbird

Link Larkin Wanabe Profile Photo
Link Larkin Wanabe
#5re: Best Logos ..?
Posted: 7/18/05 at 9:12pm

I think the Wicked logo is very well desined...nice clean lines, almost Art Neuveau feeling, and limited colour palette. I love the Secret Garden one as well...athough it is a bit cluttered. I think Rent is perfect for the type of show it is.

Akiva

Sumofallthings Profile Photo
Sumofallthings
#6re: Best Logos ..?
Posted: 7/18/05 at 9:16pm

Follies is also gorgeous.

BSoBW2: I punched Sondheim in the face after I saw Wicked and said, "Why couldn't you write like that!?"

munkustrap178 Profile Photo
munkustrap178
#7re: Best Logos ..?
Posted: 7/18/05 at 9:26pm

<<<<<---------------------------------------------------

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

ProducersFan
#8re: Best Logos ..?
Posted: 7/18/05 at 9:26pm

I feel bad that you always seem to start threads that have already been done recently...

But to answer your question... I am currently in love with the Dirty Rotten Scoundrels logo. I'm a graphic designer, and that one just catches my eye. I love how it captures the entire essence of the show without giving anything away. It's perfect!

~Jessica

"If you start from a place of joy and charm, you can get away with a lot in the second act. It may be that that's my life. I'm not sure." ~Roger Bart

WithoutATrace Profile Photo
WithoutATrace
#9re: Best Logos ..?
Posted: 7/18/05 at 9:40pm

Carrie, Prymate

Elphaba Profile Photo
Elphaba
#10re: Best Logos ..?
Posted: 7/18/05 at 10:02pm

WIW
Ms. Saigon
Light in the Piazza

It is ridiculous to set a detective story in New York City. New York City is itself a detective story... AGATHA CHRISTIE, Life magazine, May 14, 1956

Joshua488
#11re: Best Logos ..?
Posted: 7/18/05 at 10:04pm

The Phantom of the Opera
Sweet Charity - The daisies are so adorable!

#12re: Best Logos ..?
Posted: 7/18/05 at 10:06pm

ALL SHOOK UP- very colorful
WICKED- awesome design.
SWEET CHARITY-cute.

ElphabaRose Profile Photo
ElphabaRose
#13re: Best Logos ..?
Posted: 7/18/05 at 10:10pm

Cabaret
Wicked
Avenue Q

Whatever happened to class?

Mamie Profile Photo
Mamie
#14re: Best Logos ..?
Posted: 7/18/05 at 10:11pm

I agree with WICKED and also FOLLIES - although I liked the revival logo a little better than the original. I also loved the logo for THE FROGS. That little green frog in the champagne glass was perfect!

www.thebreastcancersite.com
A click for life.
mamie4 5/14/03

One Song Glory
#15re: Best Logos ..?
Posted: 7/18/05 at 11:10pm

I like Wicked's logo 'cause it looks so slick.
I like RENT's logo 'cause it looks cool like a rock band logo.
Dirty Rotten Scoundrels logo is very cool and a bit old-fashioned.

I'm not a gay stereotype. I'm a coincidence.

alterego Profile Photo
alterego
#17re: Best Logos ..?
Posted: 7/18/05 at 11:18pm

Any of the Hilary Knight logos, GYPSY, NO, NO, NANETTE, IRENE, SUGAR BABIES, HALLELUJAH BABY! are great. Of the current crop I like DIRTY ROTTEN SCOUNDRELS.

Something about the WICKED logo makes me think of a early 1970's magazine skin cream ad.
Updated On: 7/18/05 at 11:18 PM

BwayTheatre11
#18re: Best Logos ..?
Posted: 7/18/05 at 11:27pm

WickedGeek, there were these threads long before that one...how come YOU did not do a search?

CCM '10!

Lome2 Profile Photo
Lome2
#19re: Best Logos ..?
Posted: 7/19/05 at 11:17am

I agree with Mackintosh Productions logos (PotO, Cats, Miss Saigon). I also like WIW, Whistle down the Wind, Avenue Q, Chicago an Cabaret.

rclocalz Profile Photo
rclocalz
#20re: Best Logos ..?
Posted: 7/19/05 at 12:08pm

Don't you guys remember that back when "Wicked" was still in previews, a lot of us hated the logo. Now it seems like everybody loves the logo. My have times changed around here. I still think they could have done a better job.

http://www.glamsmash.com/ - Glamsmash Productions, a video production company in the heart of New York City

ashley0139
#21re: Best Logos ..?
Posted: 7/19/05 at 12:30pm

Les Miz I love. Also Phantom's is nice.

"This table, he is over one hundred years old. If I could, I would take an old gramophone needle and run it along the surface of the wood. To hear the music of the voices. All that was said." - Doug Wright, I Am My Own Wife

TheaterBaby Profile Photo
TheaterBaby
#22re: Best Logos ..?
Posted: 7/19/05 at 12:34pm

Into the Woods
Thoroughly Modern Millie
Rent

"It's the little things; the details, that distinguish the Barbra Streisands from the Rosalyn Kinds."~Gilmore Girls~

Mimi Imfurst
#23re: Best Logos ..?
Posted: 7/19/05 at 12:47pm

personally i dont like the wicked logo.... i think its drab compaired to the splashy show it is.

NYC's Most Retarded Drag Queen The Mimi Show: hosted by Mimi Imfurst features Broadway stars Tuesdays @ 10:30pm Weekly! June 13th: Hairspray's Michelle Dowdy, June 20th: Aida's Lori Ann Strunk, June 27th: Composer Katie Thompson No Cover- No Drink Minimum OW BAR: 221 E 58th Street (between 2nd and 3rd) www.owbar.com

Sant
#24re: Best Logos ..?
Posted: 7/19/05 at 1:01pm

CATS
THE PHANTOM OF THE OPERA
CHICAGO
SUNSET BOULEVARD
THE LION KING
KISS OF THE SPIDER WOMAN

Enjolras77 Profile Photo
Enjolras77
#25re: Best Logos ..?
Posted: 7/19/05 at 1:51pm

I love the Logos to KISS OF THE SPIDERWOMAN, TITANIC (both logos), PHANTOM, the London version of CHESS, MISS SAIGON, LES MIS, and CHICAGO.

I love the showcard designs for DRS, REEFER MADNESS (the off-bway show), the original LITTLE SHOP OF HORRORS, LIGHT IN THE PIAZZA, and PARADE.

When the post was started were we supposed to list the Logos we liked or the showcard design? The entire artwork is not always included with the logo.

"You pile up enough tomorrows, and you'll find you are left with nothing but a lot of empty yesterdays. I don't know about you, but I'd like to make today worth remembering." --Harold Hill from The Music Man

Videos