pixeltracker

Shows You Have Walked Out On- Page 2

Shows You Have Walked Out On

DefyingEDCT Profile Photo
DefyingEDCT
#25re: Shows You Have Walked Out On
Posted: 7/22/05 at 12:27am

Wow you people are really critical here, honestly, its MY thoughts and my feelings so f'n deal with it and don't make this big deal out of it, no one can control what I think or feel so deal.

superstarjpp Profile Photo
superstarjpp
#26re: Shows You Have Walked Out On
Posted: 7/22/05 at 12:44am

Ummm most recently almost walked out of a high school production of Seussical
Updated On: 7/22/05 at 12:44 AM

nystateomind04 Profile Photo
nystateomind04
#27re: Shows You Have Walked Out On
Posted: 7/22/05 at 12:47am

"no one can control what I think or feel so deal"

Hiding behind BS like that makes it easy for you, doesn't it? Then you don't have to bother to explain anything you say because you can just throw out the old "it's MY opinion, so I don't care what you think" line, and have no accountablity. Under this logic, maybe you should just not post at all, so no one can dare to compromise your thoughts and feelings by questioning or disagreeing.

Or you could stop pretending that the reason you THINK you would dislike Avenue Q isn't because it won the Tony over that other show.

DefyingEDCT Profile Photo
DefyingEDCT
#28re: Shows You Have Walked Out On
Posted: 7/22/05 at 12:53am

I honestly don't care who won a tony and who didn't, Its just not a show that I would want to see, like IM sorry that I cANT have my opinions

nystateomind04 Profile Photo
nystateomind04
#29re: Shows You Have Walked Out On
Posted: 7/22/05 at 12:59am

like, IM sorry I bothered.

Broadway_Bound_Star Profile Photo
Broadway_Bound_Star
#30re: Shows You Have Walked Out On
Posted: 7/22/05 at 1:03am

I walked out on "You Cab't take it with you" It was WAYYYY boring.

TTL Profile Photo
TTL
#31re: Shows You Have Walked Out On
Posted: 7/22/05 at 1:07am

Have being the 3rd B'way Show I saw and at age 8 w/fam....looking back I can't remember anything to thrilling about the last Revival of GREASE! All I remember is the tacky florecent scenery. So If I were older and by myself I would have walked out of that show!

emo_geek Profile Photo
emo_geek
#32re: Shows You Have Walked Out On
Posted: 7/22/05 at 2:42am

How many times can we do this thread? I would walk out on this thread if I click on it one more time.

"I never had theatre producers run after me. Some people want to make more Broadway shows out of movies. But Elliot and I aren't going to do Batman: The Musical." - Julie Taymor 1999

Justice Profile Photo
Justice
#33re: Shows You Have Walked Out On
Posted: 7/22/05 at 3:17am

"Honestly I havent seen it but I really do think If I went to Avenue Q"

Honestly, that has got to be the most ignorant close-minded, judgemental statement I have ever heard on this message board. You haven't seen it, therefore, if anything you have only "heard" it, so how do you expect to get the FULL aspect of the show to know that you may or may not like it?
Why even say anything at all??
Grant it, i have no desire to see Piazza, but I wouldn't say that i would hate it. True the Tony awards did not show me a good representation of the show, but to say that i would walk out basing my judgement on that one moment would be Absurd!

Also, to say that about Spelling Bee...WTF do you know about Spelling Bee????

In answer to your initial question, i walked out of Jeckyll & Hyde, and would have walked out on Dracula had my brother not taken me for my birthday.

"Do you know what pledge time is, Andrew"? said the PBS Executive. "Yes", Lloyd Webber replied. "My 50th birthday special must be one program that gets done a lot." "No", mused the man from PBS heedlessy. "Not so much. Our Stephen Sondheim Carnegie Hall concert. That's a big one." Spoons, forks and knives seemed suddenly to suspend their motion in horror, all around the table.
Updated On: 7/22/05 at 03:17 AM

Sant
#34re: Shows You Have Walked Out On
Posted: 7/22/05 at 6:56am

I've never walked out either, but it was VERY close when I saw NOTRE DAME DE PARIS in London. The only thing that made me stay was the curiosity to see if the show would have anything that would be worth the ticket price or will it just get worse. It didn't have and it got worse.

Eastwickian Profile Photo
Eastwickian
#35re: Shows You Have Walked Out On
Posted: 7/22/05 at 7:10am

Argh! I was going to say all that Sant just said - I've never walked out of a show, but the closest I came was Notre Dame which I have abused on here many times before.

The only amateur productions I see are those my Gran takes part in, so I can't really walk out re: Shows You Have Walked Out On

Hanna from Hamburg Profile Photo
Hanna from Hamburg
#36re: Shows You Have Walked Out On
Posted: 7/22/05 at 7:26am

Cyrano The Musical on Broadway . . . . I can't believe I made it to intermission because it was AWFUL!!! Luckily, they were comps so all I lost was 1 1/2 hours of my life.

". . . POP . . ."
Updated On: 7/22/05 at 07:26 AM

Whiteguy2088 Profile Photo
Whiteguy2088
#37re: Shows You Have Walked Out On
Posted: 7/22/05 at 7:43am

I love how everyone gets so bitter about the Q statement. Maybe he listened to the recording and that slap-stick often vulgar humor does not satisfy him. Satisfies me...oo yes it does. Love Q...but lets not get so crazy? Im sure you did not like musicals I like...does not mean I am going to jump down your throat..

iluvtheatertrash
#38re: Shows You Have Walked Out On
Posted: 7/22/05 at 8:14am

MANY regional productions. Most recently, one of WEST SIDE STORY.

I've never walked out on a Broadway/Off-Broadway performance. At the price of a ticket, why would you?

"I know now that theatre saved my life." - Susan Stroman

jenjen488
#39re: Shows You Have Walked Out On
Posted: 7/22/05 at 8:19am

i left "The blonde in the thunderbird." my (non-theatre) friend was in from out of town and i made a promise to her that if it truly sucked we would leave. so 1.5 hrs in, she turns to me with the Look. I tried to finesse it so that we could stay till the end (i am the type of person who slows down to look at accidents) but in the applause for the next song a man in front of us got up and started to bolt for the exit and my friend got all frantic and was like, GO!!!!!!!!!! so we ran, following the man out into the street. It felt like a jailbreak. i would never have done it if i had been there by myself. i felt really bad about it.

mominator Profile Photo
mominator
#40re: Shows You Have Walked Out On
Posted: 7/22/05 at 8:23am

jenjen that sounded so funny. I have never walked out on a show. Came close a couple of times.... Six Dance Lessons is the one I think it would have been. (Maybe if it were warmer outside we would have!)

"All I ask of you is one thing: please don't be cynical. I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen." Conan O'Brien

baddadnpa Profile Photo
baddadnpa
#41re: Shows You Have Walked Out On
Posted: 7/22/05 at 8:47am

I left Zorba in the middle of Act One, but only because I got violently ill with the flu. I was totally fine before it suddenly came upon me. Other than that, I've never walked out on a show.

The truly beautiful should be lawfully restricted from wearing clothing; and the truly butt-ugly should be lawfully mandated from going naked.

bwayboi4life42 Profile Photo
bwayboi4life42
#42re: Shows You Have Walked Out On
Posted: 7/22/05 at 8:55am

I walked out on the national tour of Starlight Express. It was terrible!!!

"I believe that art does not exist only to entertain, but also to challenge one to think, to provoke, even to disturb, to engage in a constant search for the truth." - Barbra Streisand

DottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
#43re: Shows You Have Walked Out On
Posted: 7/22/05 at 9:52am

Marie Christine (and I'm a big Audra fan) and Suessical.

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany

Bobby457 Profile Photo
Bobby457
#44re: Shows You Have Walked Out On
Posted: 7/22/05 at 10:05am

"The Frogs", absolutely HORRIBLE!

"It never bothered me that she called me a c*nt, it bothered me that I answered to it!" Carol Channing about Ethel Merman filming an episode of "The Love Boat"

WickedGeek28 Profile Photo
WickedGeek28
#45re: Shows You Have Walked Out On
Posted: 7/22/05 at 10:07am

I would never walk out on a show because it's wasting so much money. I mean, by walking out you're not showing the producers or anyone that their show sucks, your just wasting money. Besides, some shows improve in act two.

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view - until you climb into his skin and walk around in it."
To Kill A Mockingbird

Elphaba Profile Photo
Elphaba
#46re: Shows You Have Walked Out On
Posted: 7/22/05 at 10:07am

I have never walked out on a show.

It is ridiculous to set a detective story in New York City. New York City is itself a detective story... AGATHA CHRISTIE, Life magazine, May 14, 1956

DottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
#47re: Shows You Have Walked Out On
Posted: 7/22/05 at 10:09am

My time is a lot more valuable than the money I pay for a show that I don't happen to be enjoying.

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany

nomdeplume
#48re: Shows You Have Walked Out On
Posted: 7/22/05 at 10:09am

Thrill Me.
Updated On: 7/23/05 at 10:09 AM

Garland Grrrl Profile Photo
Garland Grrrl
#49re: Shows You Have Walked Out On
Posted: 7/22/05 at 10:16am

i've wanted to leave a theater so MANY times! i was educated at a university that had a lort B house and they did some doozies. however, especially as i was a student, i always found there was something to be gained even if a show was awful (sometimes especially because it was awful) or even pedestrian (which was the case most of the time) i was always trying to figure out how something could have worked, what went wrong, and miraculously -how some things actually managed to be good.
of course, i was seeing these shows gratis, as was the deal for students at the time. i walked out on DESIGN for LIVING at circle w/ raul j., frank l. and jill c. directed by george c. scott because i remember it was AWFUL in a way that made me very uncomfortable. this was years ago, but raul was miscast and jill clayburgh resembled nothing so much as a stalk of celery. no one seemed to be talking to one another. frank was good, though. i don't think general patton was the ideal interpreter of noel coward. i had to leave FENCES for an emergency and i was LOVING IT!!! and JEJ especially. i was heartbroken and was never able to go back. god knows i've left plenty of cabaret shows -- and i always manage to sneak out of the mac awards sometime before the sun comes up.

Mind is Mantra.

Videos