Megan Hilty

Born2cthelightsofbway Profile Photo
Born2cthelightsofbway
#0Megan Hilty
Posted: 8/14/05 at 6:22pm

Hey, I have to be honest, I kept hearing from people how great she was and after seeing her, I was so dissapointed. I thought her acting was very good, but I thought her voice was really weak. Her high nights were very hollow and weak, and her belting just sounded strange. Does anyone else feel this way about her voice? I'm just curious. She is so sweet though and so pretty, so I don't mean to bash.

"You alone can make my song take flight, it's over now, the Music of the Night!!!!!"
Updated On: 8/14/05 at 06:22 PM

Thenardier Profile Photo
Thenardier
#1re: Megan Hilty
Posted: 8/14/05 at 6:27pm

You broke my heart a little....

re: Megan Hilty

Aigoo Profile Photo
Aigoo
#2re: Megan Hilty
Posted: 8/14/05 at 6:29pm

::picks up the pieces of Nard's heart::
::tapes it back together::

Here you go. re: Megan Hilty

This is my signature.

OrdinaryJukebox1 Profile Photo
OrdinaryJukebox1
#3re: Megan Hilty
Posted: 8/14/05 at 6:29pm

wow, are you sure you saw Megan Hilty? maybe she had an off night? i thought she was great, vocally, when i saw her not even two weeks ago...

-vincent

Born2cthelightsofbway
#4re: Megan Hilty
Posted: 8/14/05 at 6:31pm

Yep, I don't mean to be mean, she is so sweet, but I found her high notes so weak and hollow!

PS. Thenardier - Sorry re: Megan Hilty

"You alone can make my song take flight, it's over now, the Music of the Night!!!!!"
Updated On: 8/14/05 at 06:31 PM

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#5re: Megan Hilty
Posted: 8/14/05 at 6:32pm

awww, poor Nard.

A work of art is an invitation to love.

Thenardier Profile Photo
Thenardier
#6re: Megan Hilty
Posted: 8/14/05 at 6:33pm

No, Born, this is personal.

(Just kidding - as long as the acting was good)

Born2cthelightsofbway
#7re: Megan Hilty
Posted: 8/14/05 at 6:34pm

I thought her acting was really great, so funny. The scene before popular was hilarious!

WesternSky2 Profile Photo
WesternSky2
#8re: Megan Hilty
Posted: 8/14/05 at 7:16pm

Really? Hmm. I saw her back in December and thought her voice was flawless. I'll have to see her again..

emo_geek Profile Photo
emo_geek
#9re: Megan Hilty
Posted: 8/14/05 at 7:23pm

I saw her the first time I saw wicked in December and I loved her.

"I never had theatre producers run after me. Some people want to make more Broadway shows out of movies. But Elliot and I aren't going to do Batman: The Musical." - Julie Taymor 1999

YouWantitWhen???? Profile Photo
YouWantitWhen????
#10re: Megan Hilty
Posted: 8/14/05 at 7:41pm

Thenardier, I love that picture. Where on earth did you get it. My two cats saw it and squealed in fear!

Thenardier Profile Photo
Thenardier
#11re: Megan Hilty
Posted: 8/14/05 at 7:58pm

look at zepka's thread under alright kiddies.....there's another picture of the cat.

This is one pissed off pu**y

Back to Megan!

zepka102 Profile Photo
zepka102
#12re: Megan Hilty
Posted: 8/14/05 at 8:00pm

i loved megan... i hope she's still on next time i see it re: Megan Hilty

::bust a move::

withoutlove78
#13re: Megan Hilty
Posted: 8/14/05 at 10:27pm

i liked her acting too, but i sorta agree about the voice...i felt like she just didn't have enough power...and she couldn't even hit the high notes without immediately using her vibrato, which was extremely slow and just very odd, i might add...but overall, she definitely played the part well. and she is really sweet :)

almostxfamous Profile Photo
almostxfamous
#14re: Megan Hilty
Posted: 8/14/05 at 10:30pm

Ah, I'm going to see it on Wednesday, don't depress me.

ElphabaRose Profile Photo
ElphabaRose
#15re: Megan Hilty
Posted: 8/14/05 at 10:45pm

Don't worry, almostxfamous. Megan is amazing, her high notes are flawless as is her comedic timing. She is also the sweetest person ever (I know that it has nothing to do with her performance, but it is definately worth mentioning).

Whatever happened to class?

SongNDanceman2402
#16re: Megan Hilty
Posted: 8/14/05 at 10:46pm

i came in with pretty high expectations for Glinda from listening to Kristin Chenoweth on the CD, but i thought Megan was very great at acting and singing and was the nicest person ever at the stage door.

WickedGeek28 Profile Photo
WickedGeek28
#17re: Megan Hilty
Posted: 8/14/05 at 11:14pm

She msut ahve had a bad night, because ive seen her a few times and shes been perfect, lets face it no ones kristin, so those notes will always be differnt but she does hit the optional kristin notes.

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view - until you climb into his skin and walk around in it."
To Kill A Mockingbird

KristinChenowethFan
#18re: Megan Hilty
Posted: 8/14/05 at 11:15pm

I also went into Wicked thinking...I'm gonna hate this girl because she is NOT Kristin Chenoweth...but let me tell you I loved her (along with the 20 people who came with me!) She was wonderful! Hit every note...and was the nicest actress at the stage door...go Megan...!

wickedobsessed Profile Photo
wickedobsessed
#19re: Megan Hilty
Posted: 8/16/05 at 9:21am

I saw Megan as JLT's standyby in December. Her and Idina were great. I dont recall hearing her belt all that much. I thought she was great. Go Megan!

colleen_lee
#20re: Megan Hilty
Posted: 8/18/05 at 10:13pm

Is Megan's contract up in January along with much of the rest of the cast?

"You just can't win. Ever. Look at the bright side, at least you are not stuck in First Wives Club: The Musical. That would really suck. " --Sueleen Gay

Thenardier Profile Photo
Thenardier
#21re: Megan Hilty
Posted: 8/18/05 at 10:14pm

I finally saw her!

And loved her!

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE.

birdboy782
#22re: Megan Hilty
Posted: 8/18/05 at 10:34pm

Wow - what a surprising comment...no, I have to completely disagree. Megan's voice is not at ALL hollow - it's deeply rich, richer than the other Glinda's thus far. Not that that's a better or worse thing - it's just her natural tone. She is also a huge belter -- which is always very easy and unstrained...she has great control over her voice - so if she used or didn't use vibrato - I'm sure it was a choice, not because she doesn't have that control. Did she just do something different than that that was on the CD - and that's what made y'all react that way? So, once again - I completely disagree about her voice. It's matured beyond her years, as is her acting.

Glindafan
#23re: Megan Hilty
Posted: 8/19/05 at 12:04am

Birdboy - - You're dead right and 99% of the posters' comments track with your assessment. It is possible that those in disagreement either caught a bad night, or more likely are suffering from a tin ear.

Wisdom often comes with age, but sometimes age comes alone

admanrich Profile Photo
admanrich
#24re: Megan Hilty
Posted: 8/19/05 at 12:24am

I love Megan. I saw her in December as a standby and I saw her earlier in August and she improved so much. She's not Cheno, but she comes close. She's so sweet at the stage door also. She's the perfect Glinda.

As to Colleen_Lee's question:
I'm not positive, but I think i read somewhere that Megan signed a 1 year contract like Shoshana. If this is correct, she will probably leave at the end of May 2006. If she did leave in January, I think every single principle will be leaving that day.

Videos