pixeltracker

Favorite Spelling Bee words/definitions

Favorite Spelling Bee words/definitions

apdarcey
#1re: Favorite Spelling Bee words/definitions
Posted: 8/19/05 at 5:56pm

that was funny... personally i enjoyed mexicans.

DefyingPopular
#2re: Favorite Spelling Bee words/definitions
Posted: 8/19/05 at 6:05pm

Jihad is one of my favorites too, and phylactery.

but more so cause it was used in a sentence. hilarious!

Radioactiveduck Profile Photo
Radioactiveduck
#3re: Favorite Spelling Bee words/definitions
Posted: 8/19/05 at 8:30pm

The doctor asked Timmy to describe the symptoms of his dengue. He replied, "It was like there was a race out of my tushie, and everybody won."

Tasteless...but wonderful.

bare_nakedlady Profile Photo
bare_nakedlady
#4re: Favorite Spelling Bee words/definitions
Posted: 8/19/05 at 8:40pm

I'm with you on "MEXICANS" I don't think I heard anything after the initial reading of the word because I was laughing too hard anticipating what would be the definition/usage in a sentence!

It's really terrible, but terribly funny!

"It's like children's theatre for 40-year old gay people!" - XANADU THE MUSICAL
Updated On: 8/19/05 at 08:40 PM

nychick9876 Profile Photo
nychick9876
#5re: Favorite Spelling Bee words/definitions
Posted: 8/19/05 at 10:41pm

my friend and i absolutely love the dengue one, we stil laugh every time we hear it. the other one they used in the Tony performance is funny too. i can't remember the word but it deals with something in the Jewish religion and the mother tells her son to put the (something) down, we're episcipalian

sometimes i think my head is so big because it is so full of dreams- the elephant man

alli2
#6re: Favorite Spelling Bee words/definitions
Posted: 8/19/05 at 10:53pm

Phylactery. It's either of two small leather boxes that are worn by Jewish men during morning weekday prayers. "Billy, put down that phylactery, we're Episcopalian!"

cindy013 Profile Photo
cindy013
#7re: Favorite Spelling Bee words/definitions
Posted: 8/20/05 at 12:33am

that sentence was cute enough to make me want to see the show:)

"It breaks my heart to see a grown man dressed as a Taco." -David Sedaris
I love Les Miserables.
My new pic is me(on the left)at my last dance recital:(

marincrazy11 Profile Photo
marincrazy11
#8re: Favorite Spelling Bee words/definitions
Posted: 8/20/05 at 12:53am

I gotta go with Phylactery. Dengue is a close second though. I'm in Godspell right now and every time our Jesus says phylactery I laugh because i think of this show, even thought I'm supposed to be scared.

"Did you know that if you take the first two vowels in Olive and rearrange them it spells I-Love?"-Spelling Bee "It's night like this that hotel bars were specifically made." Light In The Piazza

#9re: Favorite Spelling Bee words/definitions
Posted: 8/20/05 at 1:07am

Phylactery!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i literally was about to pee my pants.
ahhh i wanna see spelling bee again so badly!!!!!!

Bal
#10re: Favorite Spelling Bee words/definitions
Posted: 8/20/05 at 1:56am

"Cow".

Definitely.

"Well, obviously Company is about the Kennedy family. Bobby is played by Raul, and JFK is played by Harvey Fierstein." -vfd88

.LittleWing. 0224 Profile Photo
.LittleWing. 0224
#11re: Favorite Spelling Bee words/definitions
Posted: 8/20/05 at 2:35am

"your word is - phone"

can i have a definition please?

"... please spell phone."

simple, yet hilarious. pretty much every word/definition/sentence makes me want to see the show again!

Drakh Profile Photo
Drakh
#12re: Favorite Spelling Bee words/definitions
Posted: 8/20/05 at 3:03am

Can I have a definition of the word?

"It's a cow."

Can you please use the word in a sentence?

"Please spell cow."

(similar to any other easy word, I'm sure)

Girl: If I hear another show tune out of context I think I'm going to vomit. Physically vomit. You know that feeling? --42nd, between 9th & 10th

mizzie Profile Photo
mizzie
#13re: Favorite Spelling Bee words/definitions
Posted: 8/20/05 at 1:22pm

Oh, gosh, cow was hilarious! I also like how Leaf Coneybear always got a word that meant some kind of lizard, and how he comments on it.

There was one about some sort of vicious fish....the sentence was something like, "Look out, I think that terribly ugly and ferocious fish behind you might be a ________!"

Gosh, somebody take me back to Spelling Bee! Oh, and what are the words that Olive takes silent letters from to form another word? The whole joke has slipped my mind, but I loved it!

Bal
#14re: Favorite Spelling Bee words/definitions
Posted: 8/20/05 at 1:37pm

"If you take the W from answer and the H from ghost and the extra A from aardvark and the T from listen, you can keep saying 'what?', but nobody will hear you because it'll be silent!"

Then there's...

"Spell the word…’capybara’,”

"Is that a word!?”

“Yes.”

“What’s it mean?”

“Uhh…A large semiaquatic rodent of tropical South America, having short limbs and a vestigial tail and often attaining lengths of more than 4 feet.”

“Can you use it in a sentence?”

“Mary, I think that large semiaquatic rodent of tropical South America, having short limbs and a vestigial tail and often attaining lengths of more than 4 feet that’s swimming next to our boat might be a capybara.”

"Well, obviously Company is about the Kennedy family. Bobby is played by Raul, and JFK is played by Harvey Fierstein." -vfd88
Updated On: 8/20/05 at 01:37 PM

WiCkEDrOcKS Profile Photo
WiCkEDrOcKS
#16re: Favorite Spelling Bee words/definitions
Posted: 11/6/05 at 6:34pm

Jihad was something to the affect of "duck behind this western wall I think I see a JIHAD coming"

I think...

orangeskittles Profile Photo
orangeskittles
#17re: Favorite Spelling Bee words/definitions
Posted: 11/6/05 at 6:36pm

Phylactery was hilarious. The best part of them is the deadpans of the Vice Principal reading off these hilarious sentences.

And yeah, the Jihad one talked about the Western Wall.

Like a firework unexploded
Wanting life but never knowing how

QMAN03 Profile Photo
QMAN03
#18re: Favorite Spelling Bee words/definitions
Posted: 11/6/05 at 6:36pm

Actually, the sentences were the best part of the show. Everything else was just good, but the sentences were great.

liotte Profile Photo
liotte
#20re: Favorite Spelling Bee words/definitions
Posted: 11/7/05 at 10:54pm

After a near death experience, Mary walked bright-eyed through the streets and for the first time noticed all the mexicans.

Videos