All Shook Up

Swiftynifty15
#0All Shook Up
Posted: 8/24/05 at 12:34pm

So from my understanding, it seems like All Shook Up is really an awesome show. However, alot of people don't want to see it because they feel it is yet another "Jukebox Musical" I want to see it, but I do not want to get tickets and then fiund out they close before that date. When do you think I sohuld get tickets for it if I do decide to see it?
Updated On: 8/24/05 at 12:34 PM

Jwei123 Profile Photo
Jwei123
#1re: All Shook Up
Posted: 8/24/05 at 12:39pm

I love ASU, and the thought of it closing makes me really sad. Not as sad as I get when I think about the fact that they got no Tony nods, but still very sad indeed. Honestly, get your tickets very soon...sales have been going down (re: All Shook Up), so I'd hate for you to miss it. It is SUCH a fun show! Hope you get to see it! :)

awkward.

"I think it was the Korean tour or something. They were all frickin' asian!" -Zoran912

Swiftynifty15
#2re: All Shook Up
Posted: 8/24/05 at 12:41pm

Thanks JWEI Is the energy still up eventhough there aren't many people in the audience probably, ticket sales are going down, etc. I feel like this is the upbeat show to see, right?
Updated On: 8/24/05 at 12:41 PM

Jwei123 Profile Photo
Jwei123
#3re: All Shook Up
Posted: 8/24/05 at 12:46pm

The show has more energy than they know what to do with! When I saw it a few weeks ago, the house was fairly full, and the energy was just amazing. The cast is a group of VERY dedicated performers, and they give stellar performances eight times a week. And yes, it IS the show you want to see for ENERGY!

awkward.

"I think it was the Korean tour or something. They were all frickin' asian!" -Zoran912

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#4re: All Shook Up
Posted: 8/24/05 at 12:49pm

There's really not an easy way to predict it; go soon, to be safe.

A work of art is an invitation to love.

Swiftynifty15
#5re: All Shook Up
Posted: 8/24/05 at 1:05pm

How about the last week in September-end of October? Am I safe then?

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#6re: All Shook Up
Posted: 8/24/05 at 1:07pm

Probably, but we definitely can't make any guarantees.

A work of art is an invitation to love.

liotte Profile Photo
liotte
#7re: All Shook Up
Posted: 8/24/05 at 1:07pm

You will be fine then.

And the audience is pretty large still, that theater is huge, so it's not totally full but there are still usually over 1000 people in attendance!

The show is great, tons of energy! I might go again tomorrow night if I can.

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#8re: All Shook Up
Posted: 8/24/05 at 1:12pm

Someone posted recently they had to close the Mezz because the elevator was broken, and they moved them all to the orch. And the orch wasn't even filled.

That dosen't sound like a 1000 people.

liotte Profile Photo
liotte
#9re: All Shook Up
Posted: 8/24/05 at 1:16pm

They closed the balcony I guess, the mezz and orchestra were still open. And that theater holds a lot of people.

Swiftynifty15
#10re: All Shook Up
Posted: 8/24/05 at 1:18pm

Thanks!

Swiftynifty15
#11re: All Shook Up
Posted: 8/24/05 at 1:28pm

Another quick question.....Is Row AA Good or is it too close?

Broadwayguy62
#12re: All Shook Up
Posted: 8/24/05 at 1:33pm

You will have the time of your life in ROW AA Its a great show and sitting close especially first row which i have sat in 5 different times i have seen it makes it that much better.

enjoy all shook up and lets keep this show running for a real long time because its an amazing show with an amazing cast

liotte Profile Photo
liotte
#13re: All Shook Up
Posted: 8/24/05 at 1:39pm

AA is my favorite, but if you have never seen it, try to get tickets a little farther back.

bdwaygirl Profile Photo
bdwaygirl
#14re: All Shook Up
Posted: 8/24/05 at 1:39pm

The stage at the Palace is high, though. I'd go back a couple rows.

I hung out with Cheyenne Jackson in his dressing room waayyyyyy before he tickled D2.

"unleash the girly"

Our fingerprints don't fade from the lives we touch.

Puppies are babies in fur coats.

Tinfoil...The Terrorizing Terminator

Swiftynifty15
#15re: All Shook Up
Posted: 8/24/05 at 1:40pm

Thanks. I am going to see if I can get those tickets!!

PennyLou Profile Photo
PennyLou
#16re: All Shook Up
Posted: 8/24/05 at 2:33pm

the only thing you'll miss if u sit that close is you cant see Jenn Gamby or Mark Price walking in the way back of the stage cuz of there hight and the hight of the stage.. but they don't do anythgin importnat back there and you really it's like 2 times in the show and just for a few sec, and those ewast are soooo much fun!

and the show is sooo much fun!

and I hope to god its still open the ned of Oct. at lesat!

Grace: My love for you is like this scar (points to elbow) ulgy but permanent!

kate2
#17re: All Shook Up
Posted: 8/24/05 at 5:15pm

see ASU asap!!!! its the kind of show that leaves you with a huge smile on your face and very bubbly afterwards!! it's definately my favorite show and has been since the week it opened! YOU WILL LOVE IT, SO GO SOON!!

muscle23ftl Profile Photo
muscle23ftl
#18re: All Shook Up
Posted: 8/24/05 at 5:40pm

why is jwei123 saying it didnt get nominations for the Tonys if the nominations hasnt been announced yet? The show just opened?

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-

DottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
#19re: All Shook Up
Posted: 8/24/05 at 5:46pm

The show opened late winter/early spring and didn't garner any 2005 Tony nominations.

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany

PennyLou Profile Photo
PennyLou
#20re: All Shook Up
Posted: 8/24/05 at 6:19pm

yea muscle23ftl, it was up for this years noms and it was over looked 100% cuz it's a 'jukebox' musical.. which sucks cuz its a good show..

Grace: My love for you is like this scar (points to elbow) ulgy but permanent!

bdwaygirl Profile Photo
bdwaygirl
#21re: All Shook Up
Posted: 8/24/05 at 10:17pm

A friend got tickets for Saturday night and is hoping no one is on vacation. Anyone know if any of the cast is scheduled out this week?

I hung out with Cheyenne Jackson in his dressing room waayyyyyy before he tickled D2.

"unleash the girly"

Our fingerprints don't fade from the lives we touch.

Puppies are babies in fur coats.

Tinfoil...The Terrorizing Terminator

Updated On: 8/24/05 at 10:17 PM

kim1061 Profile Photo
kim1061
#22re: All Shook Up
Posted: 8/24/05 at 10:30pm

Sharon Wilkins is scheduled to be out. But, she may have cancelled.

A dancer might dream to see her name in lights and mean it, but all she really dreams is to make someone else feel the way she did when she first saw a dancer. And that is so beautiful-Anonymous

jeremykushnier1fan Profile Photo
jeremykushnier1fan
#23re: All Shook Up
Posted: 8/24/05 at 10:41pm

Thought of it closing makes me tres sad. I hope it stays for while longer...with Sharon!

Conor Profile Photo
Conor
#24re: All Shook Up
Posted: 8/25/05 at 1:40am

Sharon was in today so I guess she cancelled her vacation... Cheyenne was out tho and Brad Anderson was in the role. I woudl go ASAP, because the theatre was very empty ... I just don't get it! it's such an amazing show, and the cast is phenomenally talented.
Updated On: 8/28/05 at 01:40 AM

Videos