Regarding the Flea Market...

GirlforTartaglia Profile Photo
GirlforTartaglia
#0Regarding the Flea Market...
Posted: 9/1/05 at 8:27pm

It says that it's 20$ to go through the line..does that mean the line for photos? And then it's 10$ per photo. So, does that mean if you only wanted one photo you'd donate 30$.

And the other thing about the Phantom Lady was, Bert, she realized, in the city that never sleeps... What did she realize, Kitten? That all the songs she'd listened to, all the love songs, that they were only songs. What's wrong with that? Nothing, if you don't believe in them. But she did, you see. She believed in enchanted evenings, and she believed that a small cloud passed overhead and cried down on a flower bed, and she even believed there was breakfast to be had... Where? On Pluto. The mysterious, icy wastes of Pluto.

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#1re: Regarding the Flea Market...
Posted: 9/1/05 at 8:28pm

The $20 includes autographs, too.

A work of art is an invitation to love.

GirlforTartaglia
#2re: Regarding the Flea Market...
Posted: 9/1/05 at 8:30pm

Ooh okay! Thanks for the clarification.

And the other thing about the Phantom Lady was, Bert, she realized, in the city that never sleeps... What did she realize, Kitten? That all the songs she'd listened to, all the love songs, that they were only songs. What's wrong with that? Nothing, if you don't believe in them. But she did, you see. She believed in enchanted evenings, and she believed that a small cloud passed overhead and cried down on a flower bed, and she even believed there was breakfast to be had... Where? On Pluto. The mysterious, icy wastes of Pluto.

Katecab99 Profile Photo
Katecab99
#3re: Regarding the Flea Market...
Posted: 9/1/05 at 9:22pm

theres the line, then there's the seperate place for pictures. last year, i just wanted to take a picture with stephanie block, so i paid to get in line and then she left the line to go to the photo part instead re: Regarding the Flea Market... so i ended up jumping out of line to get in the picture line instead which was fine, because i love donating to bc/efa re: Regarding the Flea Market...

LilDiva05 Profile Photo
LilDiva05
#4re: Regarding the Flea Market...
Posted: 9/1/05 at 9:24pm

Oooh Katie, we're gunna have ourselves some FUN this year!

. . . CHRISSY

Katecab99 Profile Photo
Katecab99
#5re: Regarding the Flea Market...
Posted: 9/1/05 at 10:10pm

yes, i'm super excited!

#6re: Regarding the Flea Market...
Posted: 9/1/05 at 11:00pm

To anyone who has been to the Flea Market before...

Can they explain to me in detail? I have never been before, so I have no idea what to expect.

Thanks in advance,
--korenglish

#7re: Regarding the Flea Market...
Posted: 9/1/05 at 11:15pm

I'm going as well and have no idea what I'm going to do/should do (except that I'm taking time out to see th last performance of But I'm a Cheerleader as well). Any advice about what to do or where to go to get what would be really helpful.

Luckydave14
#8re: Regarding the Flea Market...
Posted: 9/2/05 at 2:02am

I would make sure you are there at 10 when it starts so you can get anything before it sells out.

At the flea market, basically almost every show has a table set up somewhere along 44th (Between Broadway and 8th i believe) or in Shubert Alley. There are also some tables from like Broadway.com and random tables selling like movie posters and stuff (can't remember that well). The main table I remember last year was the Wicked table and at that table, they had signed photos from the main cast, A LOT of Wizard of Oz sculptures and things that were given to Kristin and Idina as gifts that were signed by them, the lights from the Ozdust Ballroom, Idina's used eyelashes, and just lots and lots of things nobody would ever think of buying. Many shows just had signed playbills and posters. I remember Taboo had many different versions of their poster for sale. Also, one major thing that was for sale were PLAYBILLS. Lots and lots and LOTS of playbills. There were bins and bins and then tables beyond tables of old playbills. That is one of the things I am looking forward to this year.

At the silent auction, they had lots of items set up where the Spamalot stage door is and then a rope to keep you away from them and basically until the auction started, you got to see what was for sale. During the silent auction, Jen Cody and someone else were presented all the items and then they like handed around this form and you wrote your bid on it I think.

I didn't have time to go to the Celebrity Autograph Table or Photo Booth or Grand Auction so I don't have any information on that. Also, it is really crowded there that day.

RockabyeHamlet
#9re: Regarding the Flea Market...
Posted: 9/2/05 at 3:53am

I want to go, but I have no one to go with and im not really feelin goin by myself.

"I wouldn't let Esparza's Bobby take my kids to the zoo...I'd be afraid he'd steal their ice cream and laugh."- YankeeFan
"People who like Sondheim enjoy cruelty."-LuvtheEmcee

Greekmusicalfan Profile Photo
Greekmusicalfan
#10re: Regarding the Flea Market...
Posted: 9/2/05 at 4:52am

"Idina's used eyelashes"
I can't even comment on that, I'm at a loss for words !

ken8631 Profile Photo
ken8631
#11re: Regarding the Flea Market...
Posted: 9/2/05 at 9:18am

Last year there weren't many show tables actually. I was a bit dissappointed.

GirlforTartaglia
#12re: Regarding the Flea Market...
Posted: 9/2/05 at 9:21am

Are you allowed to take pictures at the Flea Market that are not part of the Photobooth/Celeb table?

liotte Profile Photo
liotte
#13re: Regarding the Flea Market...
Posted: 9/2/05 at 9:33am

One of my fav things that I remember is they have a huge bin filled with raffle tickets (like the kind you find at carnivals or fairs), and it was like $1 each or 6 for $5, and you pick out however many you buy and if there is a number written on them (2 are stapled together so you can't see), you win tickets to a broadway show (whatever tickets are set aside for that particular number). And people stand around and trade tickets if you get more than one of your show, or don't like it, or can't go that day, whatever. It's a cool way to get tickets and I've won at least a few shows every time I've gone.

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#14re: Regarding the Flea Market...
Posted: 9/2/05 at 9:49am

You can always find some interesting stuff, but sometimes I feel as though people went into their garage or attic and took out a bunch of a stuff they didn't want anymore. Some of the tables have the distinct feeling of a garage sale.

Luckydave14
#15re: Regarding the Flea Market...
Posted: 9/2/05 at 10:10am

I remember that table Liotte. If they have that again, I surely shall play until I win haha. Last year I didn't get anything.

Magdalene Profile Photo
Magdalene
#16re: Regarding the Flea Market...
Posted: 9/2/05 at 11:06am

Is there a link that has a rundown of what is going on? I'm coming to NYC for this, and would like to plan the day a bit!

"NOT MY DAUGHTER, YOU BITCH!"
Updated On: 9/2/05 at 11:06 AM

Mini_Mimi17
#17re: Regarding the Flea Market...
Posted: 9/2/05 at 11:25am

Im deffinaly going, this is like my annual shopping spree that I save money for and spend it all haha.

"You wanna prowl? Be my night owl, well take my hand were gonna howlll...OUT TONIGHT!"-Daphne Rubin Vega the BEST Mimi ever!

mikem Profile Photo
mikem
#18re: Regarding the Flea Market...
Posted: 9/2/05 at 11:52am

For us newbies, how much are the prices for the items? For example, how much would a signed playbill or a signed photo or window card be? Is this event a place where you would find bargains or more of a broad selection (or both)?

"What was the name of that cheese that I like?" "you can't run away forever...but there's nothing wrong with getting a good head start" "well I hope and I pray, that maybe someday, you'll walk in the room with my heart"

luvtheEmcee
#19re: Regarding the Flea Market...
Posted: 9/2/05 at 11:57am

The range of prices is enormous. The tables that sell old Playbills have stuff that you can buy for just a few dollars, but props from closed shows and such things can be upwards of several hundred dollars. Granted, you are going to pay more for the stuff that's worth more, but you can definitely find some cool stuff for reasonable prices. Last year, signed Wicked posters were something like $100, while signed Avenue Q posters were WAY less than that. Go figure.

Updated On: 9/2/05 at 11:57 AM

Yankeefan007
#20re: Regarding the Flea Market...
Posted: 9/2/05 at 12:13pm

Costumes from Rent were ridiculously cheap, but original cast Playbills were ridiculously overpriced (especially opening night ones.)

Can't wait to spend my money and donate to a good cause at the same time.

luvtheEmcee
#21re: Regarding the Flea Market...
Posted: 9/2/05 at 12:26pm

I am so excited; I got the craziest collection of stuff last year, and it's for a wonderful cause.

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#22re: Regarding the Flea Market...
Posted: 9/2/05 at 1:15pm

And, for what it's worth, prices drop as the day goes on. Of course, you run a risk with that, too.

Adoannie925 Profile Photo
Adoannie925
#23re: Regarding the Flea Market...
Posted: 9/2/05 at 1:55pm

It's on the day of my birthday, and I've never been, so I may go to see what it is all about and maybe some nice person will get me a birthday present or something. :-P

Anyway, if anyone wants to meet up, I'd love to meet fellow BWW considering I just moved across the country to NY (I go to college right out of the city).

Magdalene Profile Photo
Magdalene
#24re: Regarding the Flea Market...
Posted: 9/3/05 at 12:02am

It's less than a week after my birthday, so you know where the b-day money is going!re: Regarding the Flea Market...

"NOT MY DAUGHTER, YOU BITCH!"

Videos