But I'm a Cheerleader!

greenifyed Profile Photo
greenifyed
#50re: But I'm a Cheerleader!
Posted: 9/22/05 at 11:35pm

Part of me doesn't know how to answer that. I know a lot of people are anti-"close to broadway people" but I did meet her through RENT, but it's a little more than just a "Hey, how are you" casual whatever. But I wouldn't say she's like, my best friend or something.

Like I said, I don't really know how to answer that. I'm pretty good friends with her cousin, and she (Kelly) and I keep in touch regularly. No big deal.

"The tick BOOM tick BOOM is so loud I can't hear the rain on the grass. I can't hear the wind. I'm about to scream. But I realize I'm not alone."

JayKid Profile Photo
JayKid
#51re: But I'm a Cheerleader!
Posted: 9/22/05 at 11:53pm

I'm not anti-"i know broadway people" lol... but that's cool. I don't care fi you are not great friends or not friends at all or just average. I just was curious. That's cool though, definetly keep us updated please.

And also tell her I thought she did a great job! lol, well don't gotta say I did cuz who the hell am I to her, she doesn't know me! But yea, you get what I mean... she was really good.

Anywayz, this better go further or I'll be disappointed.

greenifyed Profile Photo
greenifyed
#52re: But I'm a Cheerleader!
Posted: 9/23/05 at 1:01am

That's just always something awkward to answer, because it's hard to say "Oh yeah, I totally know her" without sounding like a snob, and it's not true to say "Oh, she's just someone I met a couple of times", so it's complicated. But I'll totally pass the word along.

I actually heard something pretty awesome tonight. Cross your fingers!

"The tick BOOM tick BOOM is so loud I can't hear the rain on the grass. I can't hear the wind. I'm about to scream. But I realize I'm not alone."

MeleeQ
#53re: But I'm a Cheerleader!
Posted: 9/24/05 at 1:58am

*crosses the fingers*

I didn't get tickets before they sold out, but I've managed to get in TWICE through the cancellation line. Once on opening night, and once today (though I've waited at almost every performance... it's been impossible. The ticket girl now knows my name I've been there so many times. They had set up some extra chairs on the side today, and she just gave me a program and stuck me in one along with a few other people who didn't have seats).

I talked to Kelly and her mother for a bit in the Virgin Megastore last week. Kelly's mother said she'd heard that because of the big cast, they'd have to go right to Broadway rather than off-broadway.

(Oh, and could you do me a favor? If you do talk to Kelly anywhere in the near future, tell her: Mariah from the Virgin store says hi. And I did manage to get in again! I was going to say hello to her after the show, but it started raining and she was running around all crazy busy with something and I didn't want to bother her. But she did a fantastic job anyways.
I understand if you don't want to, but I though I'd ask :)) Updated On: 9/24/05 at 01:58 AM

NYCBWAYFan24
#54re: But I'm a Cheerleader!
Posted: 9/25/05 at 11:45pm

Ok, so just outta curiosity what did everbody think of Enrico Rodriguez ? He played the character of Dolph and was part of the Gay Boy Band!!! His solo was unbelievable!!! He can belt!! =)

JayKid Profile Photo
JayKid
#55re: But I'm a Cheerleader!
Posted: 9/26/05 at 1:28am

He was REALLY good... his solo was amazing. I thought he did great with that and everything else too, although that was his one big moment and he really did a great job.

shira467 Profile Photo
shira467
#56re: But I'm a Cheerleader!
Posted: 9/26/05 at 8:01am

I have to post and say I finally saw this musical yesterday, and all I could think was "Off-Broadway theater, pronto!"

It was perfect! A couple casting redos would make me happier, but its simply awesome!

Deet: Shira, I Love You!

melissa errico fan Profile Photo
melissa errico fan
#57re: But I'm a Cheerleader!
Posted: 9/26/05 at 11:00am

I saw it yesterday. I'm now in love with Kelly Karbacz.

popcultureboy Profile Photo
popcultureboy
#58re: But I'm a Cheerleader!
Posted: 9/26/05 at 11:16am

Yes, I totally got all teary during the Wrestling song yesterday.

Nothing precious, plain to see, don't make a fuss over me. Not loud, not soft, but somewhere inbetween. Say sorry, just let it be the word you mean.

bwaysinger Profile Photo
bwaysinger
#59re: But I'm a Cheerleader!
Posted: 9/26/05 at 12:42pm

Curtain Up posts another very favorable review.

Curtain up on Cheerleader

popcultureboy Profile Photo
popcultureboy
#60re: But I'm a Cheerleader!
Posted: 9/26/05 at 12:46pm

Wow, they sure loved it.

The exigencies of staging also make Cheerleader tighter and more interesting. Cheerleading becomes a transition motif, with a small squad announcing each scene. Every dance number becomes a virtuosic cheer. Double-casting that places everyone from Megan's homophobic hometown in a gay bar, reenvisioning her traditional mother as its leatherbound matriarch, adds a layer of ironic amusement.

Nothing precious, plain to see, don't make a fuss over me. Not loud, not soft, but somewhere inbetween. Say sorry, just let it be the word you mean.

joniray
#61re: But I'm a Cheerleader!
Posted: 9/30/05 at 2:51pm

*bump*

per bwaysingers request re: But I'm a Cheerleader!

The performers were fabulous!

bwaysinger Profile Photo
bwaysinger
#62re: But I'm a Cheerleader!
Posted: 9/30/05 at 2:56pm

Too bad their's no emoticon to approximate a mooning.

jrb_actor Profile Photo
jrb_actor
#63re: But I'm a Cheerleader!
Posted: 9/30/05 at 4:57pm

oh, bwaysinger, you know that people don't need an emoticon to show their ass! re: But I'm a Cheerleader!

bwaysinger Profile Photo
bwaysinger
#64re: But I'm a Cheerleader!
Posted: 10/2/05 at 1:10pm

It's true, but an avatar or something would be fablous.

BreeDaniel Profile Photo
BreeDaniel
#65re: But I'm a Cheerleader!
Posted: 10/2/05 at 2:53pm

Chandra Lee Schwartz is a star-to-be.

bwaysinger Profile Photo
bwaysinger
#66re: But I'm a Cheerleader!
Posted: 10/3/05 at 11:52am

Big bump to announce a wonderful achievement for "But I'm a Cheerleader."
It was announced at the closing ceremonies as the winner of the Golden NYMFette, the Audience Award winner.
Congrats, Cheerleader!

NYadgal Profile Photo
NYadgal
#67re: But I'm a Cheerleader!
Posted: 10/3/05 at 1:55pm

That is very exciting news!

Congrats to all involved.

"Two drifters off to see the world. There's such a lot of world to see. . ."

bwaysinger Profile Photo
bwaysinger
#68re: But I'm a Cheerleader!
Posted: 10/3/05 at 4:11pm

Broadwayworld has posted its article on the award as well.

BWW on the Golden Nymfette

melissa errico fan
#69re: But I'm a Cheerleader!
Posted: 10/3/05 at 4:19pm

They were my second choice, but I'm happy nonetheless.

bwaysinger Profile Photo
bwaysinger
#70re: But I'm a Cheerleader!
Posted: 10/3/05 at 4:24pm

Poo on you, MEF! re: But I'm a Cheerleader!
But, regardless of your actual choice, I hope you enjoyed both Cheerleader and the other shows!

melissa errico fan
#71re: But I'm a Cheerleader!
Posted: 10/3/05 at 4:32pm

I loved CHEERLEADER! Chandra Schwartz and Kelly Karbacz rock.

bwaysinger Profile Photo
bwaysinger
#72re: But I'm a Cheerleader!
Posted: 10/3/05 at 5:56pm

They were definitely two of the best parts of that show, no doubt!

greenifyed Profile Photo
greenifyed
#73re: But I'm a Cheerleader!
Posted: 10/3/05 at 7:36pm

Wooohooooooooo Cheerleader!

42ndAND8th
#74re: But I'm a Cheerleader!
Posted: 10/5/05 at 4:16pm

I'm glad But I'm a Cheerleader has been so well received. I've been telling the composer how much his show is liked (he's my voice instructor). He's so thankful for that and the opportunity. Thank you everyone!