pixeltracker

Hunter F. -- what's up with my boy?

Hunter F. -- what's up with my boy?

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#0Hunter F. -- what's up with my boy?
Posted: 10/25/05 at 9:48am

What's he upto aside from The Producers? Who are these Broadway people that aren't offering him leading roles so he can display his talents and nab himself a well-deserved Tony? Show me some Hunter love, peeps! I miss me some Bobby Strong.

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)

Hester Prynne Profile Photo
Hester Prynne
#1re: Hunter F. -- what's up with my boy?
Posted: 10/25/05 at 9:57am

He just did the reading of the new musical by the URINETOWN guys called YEAST NATION and is seen on the CINDERELLA pictures on this site supporting his wife Jen Cody at her opening out at Papermill

MassOfMen on 5/17/07: "and lastly, I have no vested interest in LB. I have seen the show, I paid my money (a lot of money for that tix) I didn't watch it on a bootleg, yes I saw the flesh and bone of the people up there working their tails off. But do I really have to explain myself to you? are you the judge jury and executioner of Bwyworld.com message board? no. But I digress, I will leave this subject as I am bored of the rebuttals anyway, and go back to "wasting my time" with the job of building buildings. We have chat boards for architects as well, ya know."

bwayfan1225
#2re: Hunter F. -- what's up with my boy?
Posted: 10/25/05 at 1:31pm

He's contracted with The Producers till the end of January. As of now he doesn't have anything lined up after that, but obviously that can change.

InfiniteTheaterFrenzy Profile Photo
InfiniteTheaterFrenzy
#3re: Hunter F. -- what's up with my boy?
Posted: 10/25/05 at 1:38pm

I agree. He needs to be offered star roles ASAP. We should protest.

[title of show] on Broadway. it's time. believe.

Wanna Be A Foster
#4re: Hunter F. -- what's up with my boy?
Posted: 10/25/05 at 2:03pm

He has great comic timing, but I could also see him doing great in a musical-drama. Just put that gorgeous voice of his to work! Ya know? (sigh). I wish there were a Urinetown reunion concert or something. That music totally challenged him and got him to show off his very best. We need more like that.

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
Updated On: 10/25/05 at 02:03 PM

InfiniteTheaterFrenzy Profile Photo
InfiniteTheaterFrenzy
#5re: Hunter F. -- what's up with my boy?
Posted: 10/25/05 at 2:31pm

I AGREE!!!! He needs to originate a leading role and win a Tony and be the HUGE bway star he is meant to be. His lack of nomination for Urinetown made me doubt the Tonys (and humanity) completely!

[title of show] on Broadway. it's time. believe.

Lorelai Profile Photo
Lorelai
#6re: Hunter F. -- what's up with my boy?
Posted: 10/25/05 at 2:51pm

Still haven't seen him in The Producers.....has anyone reviewed him on here in that role?

(formerly bronte604) "You really just love money and power and capitalism? You know they're never going to love you back." "Things happen for the best...I don't even believe that myself."

Wanna Be A Foster
#7re: Hunter F. -- what's up with my boy?
Posted: 10/25/05 at 4:33pm

He is adorable and hysterical in The Producers. He totally makes the role his own. He's really cute. I hope that Urinetown prequel surfaces soon on Broadway and gets his career back where it should be! Then those Tony folk can pay their dues and give him some respect!

-Kad

ProducersFan
#8re: Hunter F. -- what's up with my boy?
Posted: 10/25/05 at 4:40pm

He's fantastic as Leo Bloom! Roger Bart ranks #1 on my list, but Hunter is high up there. I also loved him in Mister Roberts - did anyone else see him in that role? He completely stole the stage! I'm hoping to catch him again in The Producers before he leaves.

"If you start from a place of joy and charm, you can get away with a lot in the second act. It may be that that's my life. I'm not sure." ~Roger Bart

RentBoy86
#9re: Hunter F. -- what's up with my boy?
Posted: 10/25/05 at 5:03pm

Hunters my idol! He didn't get nominated for Urinetown, but got nominated for Little Shop - what?!

Becca2 Profile Photo
Becca2
#10re: Hunter F. -- what's up with my boy?
Posted: 10/25/05 at 5:31pm

Amen, I adore him. He's my favorite actor :)

Wanna Be A Foster
#11re: Hunter F. -- what's up with my boy?
Posted: 10/28/05 at 3:09am

Go Hunter, it's yo birfday.

-Kad

WindyCityActor Profile Photo
WindyCityActor
#12re: Hunter F. -- what's up with my boy?
Posted: 10/28/05 at 9:56am

Really, not to rain on anyone's parade, but I saw him in "The Producers" last month and was totally underwhelmed. I also saw him in "Little Shop," and had the same reaction.

A nice voice, but really not much comic timing.

I guess I just don't see the attraction.

Maybe if I had seen him in "Urinetown"...

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#13re: Hunter F. -- what's up with my boy?
Posted: 10/28/05 at 10:02am

I saw Hunter's first run in The Producers. I just dug up my "review," but it's like three paragraphs long; this was before my reviews were of any use whatsoever. Anyway, I focused on Hunter's performance, and though not well-written by any measure, here you go:

https://forum.broadwayworld.com/readmessage.cfm?boardname=bway&thread=259032

A work of art is an invitation to love.

broadwaystar2b Profile Photo
broadwaystar2b
#14re: Hunter F. -- what's up with my boy?
Posted: 10/28/05 at 10:37am

"I wish there were a Urinetown reunion concert or something."

AMEN to that!!!

Katecab99 Profile Photo
Katecab99
#15re: Hunter F. -- what's up with my boy?
Posted: 10/28/05 at 1:17pm

i'm late, as usual...BUT - i LOVE him in "the producers"! i definitley hope i get a chance to see him as leo again before the end of january! and then, yes, he needs to be offered something huge, because he's amazing.

Horton Profile Photo
Horton
#16re: Hunter F. -- what's up with my boy?
Posted: 10/30/05 at 2:38pm

How long is he contracted till? Thanks-

adamized88 Profile Photo
adamized88
#17re: Hunter F. -- what's up with my boy?
Posted: 10/30/05 at 3:41pm

i saw him at papermill a week ago - he was there for his wife's opening - he totally thought i was a freak when i happened to turn around in line and be like omg you're hunter foster! but he seemed sooo nice!

"Nothing is an accident, We are free to have it all, We are what we want to be, It's in ourselves to rise or fall!!" - "Fortune Favors the Brave" from Aida - the love that never died
Updated On: 10/30/05 at 03:41 PM

Wanna Be A Foster
#18re: Hunter F. -- what's up with my boy?
Posted: 10/30/05 at 7:24pm

Aww that's so cute! Good for you. I totally would've frozen up and been too shy to say anything. He's such a sweetie. How was Jen Cody in Cinderella? I think she's adorable. I want to go see it but the tickets are so expensive.

-Kad

Updated On: 10/30/05 at 07:24 PM

jimmirae Profile Photo
jimmirae
#19re: Hunter F. -- what's up with my boy?
Posted: 10/30/05 at 8:25pm

I'm sure he will be in "Spamalot" in 2006, get ready!

"It is bad enough that people are dying of AIDS, but no one should die of ignorance." - Elizabeth Taylor

Videos