pixeltracker

Maria Friedman takes Emergency Medical Leave from Woman in White- Page 2

Maria Friedman takes Emergency Medical Leave from Woman in White

TimeSuckage
#25re: Maria Friedman takes Emergency Medical Leave from Woman in White
Posted: 11/1/05 at 6:05pm

I'm sure she will be fine having caught it early, but you have to admit the timing just sucks. She's finally got an opportunity to become a star on this side of the pond and this had to happen to her.

EponineThenardier Profile Photo
EponineThenardier
#26re: Maria Friedman takes Emergency Medical Leave from Woman in White
Posted: 11/1/05 at 6:14pm

Yes, thank goodness it's in it's first stage. That aside, warm wishes and a speedy recovery to Maria. We will miss you until your return!

NYadgal Profile Photo
NYadgal
#27re: Maria Friedman takes Emergency Medical Leave from Woman in White
Posted: 11/1/05 at 6:15pm

She is very lucky to have caught it early, but, Stage 1 IS something to worry about.

Breast Cancer is ALWAYS something to worry about.

However, her chances for a full and complete recovery are excellent, and for that I am sure she is very grateful.

"Two drifters off to see the world. There's such a lot of world to see. . ."

jo
#28re: Maria Friedman takes Emergency Medical Leave from Woman in White
Posted: 11/1/05 at 6:17pm

This must be such a worrisome time for her.

Wishing her a full and speedy recovery!

Jo

grizzabella
#29re: Maria Friedman takes Emergency Medical Leave from Woman in White
Posted: 11/1/05 at 8:53pm

Wishing her a quick, speedy and complete recovery for her body, and peace and reassurance for her soul.

"And the postman sighed as he scratched his head, you really rather thought she ought to be dead..."

jem2 Profile Photo
jem2
#30re: Maria Friedman takes Emergency Medical Leave from Woman in White
Posted: 11/1/05 at 9:18pm

Best wishes to Maria for a complete recovery/remission and a quick return to WIW. Your Broadway debut is waiting...and in the meantime she will be missed.

Kev Profile Photo
Kev
#31re: Maria Friedman takes Emergency Medical Leave from Woman in White
Posted: 11/1/05 at 9:22pm

-query answered- Updated On: 11/1/05 at 09:22 PM

Mamie Profile Photo
Mamie
#32re: Maria Friedman takes Emergency Medical Leave from Woman in White
Posted: 11/1/05 at 9:24pm

Addy's right - any diagnosis of breast cancer (or any cancer for that matter) is something to worry about and take very seriously. But having caught it so early is wonderful news and I know she'll get through this. I'm a chemo angel and all of my 'chemo buddies' with stage 1 cancer have pulled through it fine and are all cancer free today. All of our prayers and best wishes go with you, Maria!

www.thebreastcancersite.com
A click for life.
mamie4 5/14/03

erinrebecca
#33re: Maria Friedman takes Emergency Medical Leave from Woman in White
Posted: 11/1/05 at 10:09pm

As others have said, ANY cancer is something to worry about, whatever the stage. Saying otherwise is not only unwise, but more than a little offensive. While her chances of a complete recovery are excellent, I think it is overly optimistic for them to be expecting that a 'few days' off is going to be all that she'll miss. I sure hope that she and her doctors make their decisions about treatment and recovery with her health being the number one concern and the show, a distant second.

NYadgal Profile Photo
NYadgal
#34re: Maria Friedman takes Emergency Medical Leave from Woman in White
Posted: 11/1/05 at 10:13pm

Mamie, I'll bet you are a wonderful Chemo Angel!

I wish I'd had one when I was going through it..... It's such an amazing idea!

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#35re: Maria Friedman takes Emergency Medical Leave from Woman in White
Posted: 11/1/05 at 10:49pm

I hope Maria knows she has a lot of Chemo Angels here at BroadwayWorld.

#36re: Maria Friedman takes Emergency Medical Leave from Woman in White
Posted: 11/1/05 at 11:04pm

Best wishes to Maria for a quick and speedy recovery.

stage_door76 Profile Photo
stage_door76
#37re: Maria Friedman takes Emergency Medical Leave from Woman in White
Posted: 11/2/05 at 12:00am

best of luck for a speedy recovery! i have no doubt at all that she'll fight hard and be ready to take her place on november 17.

she is a true star, and everyone knows the show must go on.

my deepest sympathy to her for the bad news and wishing her well for the future!

"...But Kungurtseva reels off multiple fouettes and the tape is stopped so she can take a bow. The Jester, an abomination introduced to Swan Lake in Soviet times, extorts applause from the audience. The cuts don't help the storytelling, the production is bare bones and they go for the '50s-style happy ending. The audience cheers like mad at the end. It's the Russian ballet, after all..."

Misty
#38re: Maria Friedman takes Emergency Medical Leave from Woman in White
Posted: 11/2/05 at 12:37am

Best wishes to Maria at this worrying time.My thoughts will be with her until she is back where she belongs - looking forward to seeing her in WIW in January.

CaroleeFan Profile Photo
CaroleeFan
#39re: Maria Friedman takes Emergency Medical Leave from Woman in White
Posted: 11/2/05 at 7:01am

Best wishes for this bright star. I'm listening to "Lady in the Dark" in her honor.

"They hear drums, we hear music."- Passion.

442namffug Profile Photo
442namffug
#40re: Maria Friedman takes Emergency Medical Leave from Woman in White
Posted: 11/2/05 at 7:09am

"Saying otherwise is not only unwise, but more than a little offensive."

Puh-lease. Someone's always gotta be offended by somethin'.

Of course cancer is nothing laugh about, but stage 1 is far less serious or worrisome than some make it out to be. My comments were instilling optimism in those who hear "cancer" and think "it's the end!"....it's simply not true.

And a few days to a week is probably all it will take for her recovery. It depends more on how she feels following the surgery, nothing to do with the cancer itself. She'll probably have to pace herself and do a few performances and take a few off, so that by November 17 she'll be strong again and ready to go. I have no doubt.

Updated On: 11/2/05 at 07:09 AM

Lori
#41re: Maria Friedman takes Emergency Medical Leave from Woman in White
Posted: 11/2/05 at 7:18am

Maria is not only an amazing talent she is a truly lovely woman to meet and talk to. I'll be thinking of her Thursday and pray for a successful surgery and speedy recovery. I'm sure she'll be sorely missed by her fellow cast members.

"Take Care! When I am thwarted I am very terrible!"

Mamie Profile Photo
Mamie
#42re: Maria Friedman takes Emergency Medical Leave from Woman in White
Posted: 11/2/05 at 7:47am

Thanks Addy, but sometimes I don't feel like I'm very good at it at all. I do believe that the support shown by the chemo angels really does have a very positive effect on cancer patients.

PalJoey - You've inspired me! There are chemo card angels who simply send a card in the mail (never the Internet) every week to their buddy. We never send a get well card, but simply a card of cheer and support and letting our buddy know we're out there thinking about them and caring for them. All my buddies have sworn to me that it helped them as much as any meds they were taking! The cards continue until the cancer patient completes all chemo treatments and radiation (if that's needed) and then returns for a follow up exam. If that exam shows that they are cancer-free, they officially 'graduate' from the program.

So - my inspiration? Why don't all we angels here on BWW start sending cards to Maria? We could send them to the theatre. With so many participating, we wouldn't have to send one each week, but it would be fun for her if we did. What a great show of support for her that would be!

I'm going to do it and I can only encourage everyone else out there to do it too. Believe me - the positive therapeutic effect won't just hit Maria. You have no idea how good you'll feel too!

I'd send them here:
Ms. Maria Friedman
c/o Marquis Theatre
1535 Broadway
New York, NY 10036

www.thebreastcancersite.com
A click for life.
mamie4 5/14/03

kec Profile Photo
kec
#43re: Maria Friedman takes Emergency Medical Leave from Woman in White
Posted: 11/2/05 at 7:58am

Mamie, what a lovely idea! You can count me in, as I had already planned to send a card to Maria.

My thoughts and prayers are with her and her family. I wish for her a swift and complete recovery.

NYadgal Profile Photo
NYadgal
#44re: Maria Friedman takes Emergency Medical Leave from Woman in White
Posted: 11/2/05 at 9:21am

Mamie, COUNT ME IN!

touchmeinthemorning
#45re: Maria Friedman takes Emergency Medical Leave from Woman in White
Posted: 11/2/05 at 9:33am

Now that we have all mentioned our love...does someone know which one of her covers is going on? I'm sure they have yet to have a put-in (knowing the way Trevor works), but I'm still interested to see if anyone knows.

"Fundamentalism means never having to say 'I'm wrong.'" -- unknown

WithoutATrace Profile Photo
WithoutATrace
EganFan2
#47re: Maria Friedman takes Emergency Medical Leave from Woman in White
Posted: 11/2/05 at 10:07am

I just wrote her a little note. I've had far too much experience with cancer in the family to know how if effects people (even though hers was thankfully just in the early stages, she probably still has had quite a scare).

Dollypop
#48re: Maria Friedman takes Emergency Medical Leave from Woman in White
Posted: 11/2/05 at 11:39am

First, let me say that I hope Miss Freidman's recovery is swift.

Secondly, let me put a stop to the rumors that Loretta Swit has been contacted to replace her in her absence.

Nothing is further than the truth.

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)

munkustrap178 Profile Photo
munkustrap178
#49re: Maria Friedman takes Emergency Medical Leave from Woman in White
Posted: 11/2/05 at 11:56am

She will be performing in today's Matinee and tonight's performance. I think I might go see her tonight and cheer her on.

Does anyone know the rush policy?

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson