The 12 Days Of Rentmas

TheatreDiva612 Profile Photo
TheatreDiva612
#0The 12 Days Of Rentmas
Posted: 11/10/05 at 1:21am

haha okay guys, so my friend is writing this song, since it is almost 12 days till rent comes out...and its kick ass. lol. we're not done though.

On the first day of Rentmas, John Larson gave to me:
A cold loft on Avenue B
On the second day of Rentmas, John Larson gave to me:
Two starving artists
And a cold loft on Avenue B
On the third day of Rentmas, John Larson gave to me:
Three homeless bums
Two starving artists
On the fourth day of Rentmas, John Larson gave to me:
Four Christmas Bells
Three homless bums
Two starving artists
On the fifth day of Rentmas, John Larson gave to me:
Five miso soup
Four Christmas Bells
Three homeless bums
Two starving artists
On the sixth day of Rentmas, John Larson gave to me:
Six rabid fans
Five miso soup
Four Christmas Bells
Three homless bums
Two starving artists
And a cold loft on Avenue B.... any suggestions for the rest?

Updated On: 11/10/05 at 01:21 AM

leap_of_moo
#1re: The 12 Days Of Rentmas
Posted: 11/10/05 at 1:40am

Genius!

I'll think on it.

defying_gravity2
#2re: The 12 Days Of Rentmas
Posted: 11/10/05 at 2:06am

Wow, this is soo cute. I love it. I'll think of some while I'm at work tomorrow.

Pillowpants. 'Nuff said.

Rentheadut Profile Photo
Rentheadut
#3re: The 12 Days Of Rentmas
Posted: 11/10/05 at 3:10am

Okay.

So I took the liberty of finishing this and I moved some things around so here you go. I actually tried to keep some of the things CLOSE to the original as far as what they were doing but I guess that's not very obvious...anyway. Enjoy.

On the first day of Rentmas Jon Larson gave to me: A cold loft on Avenue B

On the second day of Rentmas Jon Larson gave to me: 2 starving artists and a cold loft on Avenue B

On the third day of Rentmas Jon Larson gave to me: 3 homeless bums 2 starving artists and a cold loft on Avenue B

On the fourth day of Rentmas Jon Larson gave to me: 4 Christmas Bells 3 homeless bums 2 starving artists and a cold loft on Avenue B

On the fifth day of Rentmas Jon Larson gave to me: 5....hundred twenty five thousand six hundred minutes....4 Christmas Bells 3 homeless bums 2 starving artists and a cold loft on Avenue B

On the sixth day of Rentmas Jon Larson gave to me: 6 cows a mooing 5...25,600 minutes...4 Christmas bells 3 homeless bums 2 starving artists and a cold loft on Avenue B

On the seventh day of Rentmas Jon Larson gave to me: 7 candles burning 6 cows a mooing 5....25,600 minutes...4 christmas bells 3 homeless bums 2 starving artists and a cold loft on Avenue B

On the eighth day of Rentmas Jon Larson gave to me: 8 druggies begging 7 candles burning 6 cows a mooing 5....25,600 minutes...4 christmas bells 3 homeless bums 2 starving artists and a cold loft on Avenue B

On the ninth day of Rentmas Jon Larson gave to me: 9 Bohemians dancing 8 druggies begging 7 candles burning 6 cows a mooing 5....25,600 minutes...4 christmas bells 3 homeless bums 2 starving artists and a cold loft on Avenue B

On the tenth day of Rentmas Jon Larson gave to me: 10 voicemails beeping 9 Bohemians dancing 8 druggies begging 7 candles burning 6 cows a mooing 5....25,600 minutes...4 christmas bells 3 homeless bums 2 starving artists and a cold loft on Avenue B

On the eleventh day of Rentmas Jon Larson gave to me: 11 steps to tango 10 voicemails beeping 9 Bohemians dancing 8 druggies begging 7 candles burning 6 cows a mooing 5....25,600 minutes...4 christmas bells 3 homeless bums 2 starving artists and a cold loft on Avenue B

On the tweltfh day of Rentmas Jon Larson gave to me: 12 guitars tuning 11 steps to tango 10 voicemails beeping 9 Bohemians dancing 8 druggies begging 7 candles burning 6 cows a mooing 5....25,600 minutes...4 christmas bells 3 homeless bums 2 starving artists and a cold loft on Avenue B

And it only took me until number 10 to figure out I could just cut and paste as opposed to typing it all out...

"The most exciting, challenging and significant relationship of all is the one you have with yourself. And if you find someone to love the you you love, well, that's just fabulous." -Carrie Bradshaw

iheartcheyenne123 Profile Photo
iheartcheyenne123
#4re: The 12 Days Of Rentmas
Posted: 11/10/05 at 6:39am

WOW!! good thinking!

--Alex-- "They're singing, "Happy Birthday" You just wanna lay down and cry Not just another birthday, it's 30/90 Why can't you stay 29 Hell, you still feel like you're 22 Turn 30 in 1990 Bang! You're dead, what can you do?" --TTB

One Song Glory
#5re: The 12 Days Of Rentmas
Posted: 11/10/05 at 7:09am

This is so amusing to read, I might actually sing this at school.

I'm not a gay stereotype. I'm a coincidence.

KelRel Profile Photo
KelRel
#6re: The 12 Days Of Rentmas
Posted: 11/10/05 at 9:01am

That is awesome guys. Much more creative than I could ever be re: The 12 Days Of Rentmas

"All the while making faces like a baby platypus who forget to take some Beano before eating a chimichanga." FindingNamo in reference to Jessica Simpson's singing.

TheatreDiva612
#7re: The 12 Days Of Rentmas
Posted: 11/10/05 at 10:22am

brilliant!

ikmbway
#8re: The 12 Days Of Rentmas
Posted: 11/10/05 at 10:32am

These are so great. I love them. So creative and fun to read.

EverythingIsRENT Profile Photo
EverythingIsRENT
#9re: The 12 Days Of Rentmas
Posted: 11/10/05 at 10:39am

So cute!! I love it!

Sunchips: Best Kept Secret in the chip aisle!!

AlixEG1 Profile Photo
AlixEG1
#10re: The 12 Days Of Rentmas
Posted: 11/10/05 at 10:41am

This is great. I am especially amazed that Rentheadut completed it at 3:00 in the morning! Well done!

Taylor the latte boy, Bring me java, bring me joy! Taylor the latte boy, I love him, I love him, I love him

EverythingIsRENT
#11re: The 12 Days Of Rentmas
Posted: 11/10/05 at 10:43am

oh, idea, idea! how about changing "druggies begging" to "illin'"? LOL just a thought.

EverythingIsRENT
#12re: The 12 Days Of Rentmas

oh, idea, idea! how about changing "druggies begging" to "illin'"? LOL just a thought.

TheatreDiva612
#13re: The 12 Days Of Rentmas

haha i know its amazing. i love you guys.

broadwaystar2b Profile Photo
broadwaystar2b
#14re: The 12 Days Of Rentmas
Posted: 11/10/05 at 11:16am

How cute! The only change I would make would be "9 BoHos Dancing" instead of Bohemians, just for flow

TheatreDiva612
#15re: The 12 Days Of Rentmas
Posted: 11/10/05 at 11:22am

REVISE- On the first day of Rentmas Jon Larson gave to me: A cold loft on Avenue B

On the second day of Rentmas Jon Larson gave to me: 2 starving artists and a cold loft on Avenue B

On the third day of Rentmas Jon Larson gave to me: 3 homeless bums 2 starving artists and a cold loft on Avenue B

On the fourth day of Rentmas Jon Larson gave to me: 4 Christmas Bells 3 homeless bums 2 starving artists and a cold loft on Avenue B

On the fifth day of Rentmas Jon Larson gave to me: 5....hundred twenty five thousand six hundred minutes....4 Christmas Bells 3 homeless bums 2 starving artists and a cold loft on Avenue B

On the sixth day of Rentmas Jon Larson gave to me: 6 cows a mooing 5...25,600 minutes...4 Christmas bells 3 homeless bums 2 starving artists and a cold loft on Avenue B

On the seventh day of Rentmas Jon Larson gave to me: 7 candles burning 6 cows a mooing 5....25,600 minutes...4 christmas bells 3 homeless bums 2 starving artists and a cold loft on Avenue B

On the eighth day of Rentmas Jon Larson gave to me: 8 druggies illin 7 candles burning 6 cows a mooing 5....25,600 minutes...4 christmas bells 3 homeless bums 2 starving artists and a cold loft on Avenue B

On the ninth day of Rentmas Jon Larson gave to me: 9 Bohos dancing 8 druggies illin 7 candles burning 6 cows a mooing 5....25,600 minutes...4 christmas bells 3 homeless bums 2 starving artists and a cold loft on Avenue B

On the tenth day of Rentmas Jon Larson gave to me: 10 voicemails beeping 9 Bohos dancing 8 druggies illin 7 candles burning 6 cows a mooing 5....25,600 minutes...4 christmas bells 3 homeless bums 2 starving artists and a cold loft on Avenue B

On the eleventh day of Rentmas Jon Larson gave to me: 11 steps to tango 10 voicemails beeping 9 Bohos dancing 8 druggies illin 7 candles burning 6 cows a mooing 5....25,600 minutes...4 christmas bells 3 homeless bums 2 starving artists and a cold loft on Avenue B

On the tweltfh day of Rentmas Jon Larson gave to me: 12 guitars tuning 11 steps to tango 10 voicemails beeping 9 Bohos dancing 8 druggies illin 7 candles burning 6 cows a mooing 5....25,600 minutes...4 christmas bells 3 homeless bums 2 starving artists and a cold loft on Avenue B

katygrace84 Profile Photo
katygrace84
#16re: The 12 Days Of Rentmas
Posted: 11/10/05 at 11:43am

love this! Reminds me of college when we'd be going through finals right before christmas break. We'd make up our lyrics to traditional carols. We ended up with things like "I'm Dreaming of an 'A' Paper" and "The Twelve Days of Finals." Good times.

musicaldude57 Profile Photo
musicaldude57
#17re: The 12 Days Of Rentmas
Posted: 11/10/05 at 11:49am

As much as I love these spoofs, there's just one thing: 525,600 minutes doesn't really fit into the "Five golden riiiiiiings" unless you say it really fast. Just a thought. Very awesome though!

"And I feel it move me Like a fire deep inside Something bursting me wide open Impossible to hide And suddenly I'm flying Flying like a bird Like electricity Electricity" - Electricity from Billy Elliot The Musical

Behind_the_Spotlight
#18re: The 12 Days Of Rentmas
Posted: 11/10/05 at 11:58am

Wonderful! :) It makes me feel better about the fact that I spent my entire first class writing a parody of Rent about how much I wish it were the 23rd.

Allie
#19re: The 12 Days Of Rentmas
Posted: 11/10/05 at 11:59am

I sang it in my head (alright... out loud), and when I got to 5, I just did the usual Seasons of Love melody, then went back into the 12 Days melody. Fuuuuun!

Dre2387 Profile Photo
Dre2387
#20re: The 12 Days Of Rentmas
Posted: 11/10/05 at 1:03pm

allie, that is what I did too! I mean, it does sound weird, but it works! I think we should write that to them and ask if they could sing it on the next Broadway cares christmas cd! that would be cool!

oh, and it reminds me of the 12 pains of christmas song. love that song!

<--- the set of A Midsummer Night's Dream that I was assistant stage manager for during the 2007 season at the STNJ outdoor stage.

-Dre-
You must remember all the same that at the crux of every game is knowing when it's time to leave the table... And it's important to be artful in your exit. No turning back, you must accept the con is done... It was a ball, it was a blast. And it's a shame it couldn't last. But every chapter has to end, you must agree.
~Dirty Rotten Scoundrels~

There's a special kind of people known as show people. We live in a world full of dreams. Sometimes we're not too certain what's false and what's real. But we're seldom in doubt about what we feel.
~Curtains~

It is a far, far better thing I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest I go to, than I have ever known.
~A Tale of Two Cities ~

katygrace84 Profile Photo
katygrace84
#21re: The 12 Days Of Rentmas
Posted: 11/10/05 at 1:14pm

I sang it to the tune of SOL as well! How funny that at least three of us automatically reverted back to the original melody for that part.

broadwaystar2b Profile Photo
broadwaystar2b
#22re: The 12 Days Of Rentmas
Posted: 11/10/05 at 1:18pm

make that 4 re: The 12 Days Of Rentmas

Dirty Rotten Scoundrel
#23re: The 12 Days Of Rentmas
Posted: 11/10/05 at 3:30pm

That was awesome!! I agree with the 525,600 minutes not making sense. How about "5 reels (or cans) of film"? I dunno, that could work?

JerseyGirl2 Profile Photo
JerseyGirl2
#24re: The 12 Days Of Rentmas
Posted: 11/10/05 at 3:35pm

I say FIIIIIIIIIIIVE lesbian wedding RIIIIIIIINGS!

Pretty pretty please don't you ever ever feel like you're less than f**ckin' perfect!

Videos