pixeltracker

Is the Wicked tour worth it or should I wait?

Is the Wicked tour worth it or should I wait?

phenom
#0Is the Wicked tour worth it or should I wait?
Posted: 11/16/05 at 11:04pm

The Wicked tour will be winding through my way (Ft. Laud) in February. I'm down here for school but actually live on Long Island, so Broadway is quite accessible to me, but for some unknown reason, I still have not caught Wicked in NY.

My question: if I don't manage to catch it when I'm back in town for Dec/Jan, should I see the tour or should I wait to have my first viewing on Broadway?

Thanks... and sorry if it's been discussed before... I searched but couldn't find anything.

loudasthehelliwant Profile Photo
loudasthehelliwant
#1re: Is the Wicked tour worth it or should I wait?
Posted: 11/16/05 at 11:08pm

If Stephanie J. Block is in the tour (I think she is... I know she took a break, but she's back, isn't she?), I would say definately go see it. SHe's awesome.

"I mean, how many of us could honestly say that at one time or another he hasn't set fire to some great public building?"

Popular Profile Photo
Popular
#2re: Is the Wicked tour worth it or should I wait?
Posted: 11/16/05 at 11:09pm

She's there until March... and ditto.

bluesuadeshoes8 Profile Photo
bluesuadeshoes8
#3re: Is the Wicked tour worth it or should I wait?
Posted: 11/16/05 at 11:10pm

The tour is definately worth it.

Parks
#4re: Is the Wicked tour worth it or should I wait?
Posted: 11/16/05 at 11:11pm

I enjoyed the tour more than the Broadway show.

"If it walks like a Parks, if it wobbles like a Parks, then it's definitely fat and nobody loves it." --MA

dancersmom2 Profile Photo
dancersmom2
#5re: Is the Wicked tour worth it or should I wait?
Posted: 11/16/05 at 11:13pm

Absolutely go for the tour. Stephanie J. Block is wonderful. I haven't seen the current Broadway cast, but there is hard to imagine they are better than the touring company right now. I saw Katie Adams instead of Kendra but would never have dreamed she was "only" the understudy. And I liked David Garrison's wizard better than George Hearn's! Go for it.

WickedBoy1011
#6re: Is the Wicked tour worth it or should I wait?
Posted: 11/16/05 at 11:28pm

If at all possible, see the show on Broadway and on tour just to get two different casts and see how different people look at the characters they are playing. But definitely see the tour with Stephanie J. Block. She rocks my world. WICKED in general rocks my world! Anyway, I may be partial, but in answer to your initial question ANY production of WICKED is worth it, LOL (as I get mobbed by angry-anti-WICKED peeps I shall say goodnight).

Rentaholic2
#7re: Is the Wicked tour worth it or should I wait?
Posted: 11/16/05 at 11:47pm

my girfriend saw it on Broadway this summer and with the tour(with me) this fall. She favored more members of the Tour cast (including Stephanie) to the Bway cast, and overall liked the tour better. (except I was really disappointed that there would be no flying monkeys over my head )

wickedfreak Profile Photo
wickedfreak
#8re: Is the Wicked tour worth it or should I wait?
Posted: 11/16/05 at 11:51pm

You have got to see Stephanie J. Block

Amazing

sweetestsiren Profile Photo
sweetestsiren
#9re: Is the Wicked tour worth it or should I wait?
Posted: 11/16/05 at 11:56pm

I am SO excited to see Stephanie as Elphaba on the tour--but I have a question. I'm seeing it in DC and have matinee tickets for Friday, Dec. 23 (would have preferred evening but had absolutely no choice at that point, since every other performance was sold out)... is it likely that the understudies might be on? I don't know how they split it up on this tour. I would be kinda disappointed not to see Stephanie....

LaVieBoheme2 Profile Photo
LaVieBoheme2
#10re: Is the Wicked tour worth it or should I wait?
Posted: 11/17/05 at 12:16am

When is Stephanie leaving? I was planning on seeing it in March, so does anyone know an approximate date? I saw Wicked on Broadway with the original cast and wasn't exactly crazy about the show itself- I am interested in seeing Stephanie though because I keep on hearing how amazing she is, but I won't even bother if she's going to be gone.

Elyse. No day but Today. My avatar: me talking to Norbert Leo Butz.

Popular Profile Photo
Popular
#11re: Is the Wicked tour worth it or should I wait?
Posted: 11/17/05 at 12:37am

I just have to say how much I am LOVING this thread!!!

I'm going to attempt to answer some questions -

sweetestsiren - as far as I know, Stephanie is scheduled for all 8 shows a week for the remainder of her time on the tour. If she has been out a few times since returning from her "break" it's probably because she's been under the weather and is smart enough to know not to push herself. Oh, and from what I have seen and read, she usually comes out to sign things in between shows so a matinee vs. evening doesn't really matter if you were thinking about going to the stage door. No guarantees of course as I can't really speak for her and what her circumstance will be on that particular day.

LaVieBoheme - her website lists the tour dates with Cincinatti being the last one (3/7 -3/19). I don't know for sure if that is her last city but that would be my best guess for now until more official info is released. My suggestion is to perhaps email her sometime in February if nothing has been said by then, and she may have a more definite answer for you.

Updated On: 11/17/05 at 12:37 AM

sweetestsiren Profile Photo
sweetestsiren
#12re: Is the Wicked tour worth it or should I wait?
Posted: 11/17/05 at 12:41am

Thanks for the info, Popular! Hmmm.... I may have to actually try stagedooring for the first time, if that's the case.

Anakela Profile Photo
Anakela
#13re: Is the Wicked tour worth it or should I wait?
Posted: 11/17/05 at 12:43am

I saw the Wicked tour seven times over six weeks while it was in L.A., and could have possibly done more. :) Stephanie J., Kendra, Katie, Jenna- I enjoyed everyone I got, they were all great!

I saw the current Bway cast last week, and will not go back until after January 8.

See the tour! :)

phenom
#14re: Is the Wicked tour worth it or should I wait?
Posted: 11/17/05 at 9:20am

Well that was an easy answer...

Thanks guys, I guess it's the tour for me.

Popular Profile Photo
Popular
#15re: Is the Wicked tour worth it or should I wait?
Posted: 11/17/05 at 12:30pm

Anyone go last night in St. Louis?

darkmist115 Profile Photo
darkmist115
#16re: Is the Wicked tour worth it or should I wait?
Posted: 11/17/05 at 1:06pm

truthfully, i'm not a fan of block's or kassenbaum's, but i'd still say go see the show.
Jenna Leigh Green and Derrick Williams are awesome, and it's cool to see how it's different from the Broadway show.

WithoutATrace Profile Photo
WithoutATrace
#17re: Is the Wicked tour worth it or should I wait?
Posted: 11/17/05 at 1:13pm

I'm seeing the tour on January 7th in DC...so excited!

also seeing Damn Yankees that afternoon
Updated On: 11/17/05 at 01:13 PM

KJisgroovy Profile Photo
KJisgroovy
#18re: Is the Wicked tour worth it or should I wait?
Posted: 11/17/05 at 1:13pm

Block and Kassenbaum are WAY better than their Broadway counterparts right now... at least in performing these roles... so I would go with the tour at all cost... Jenna Leigh Green is also Hella Oustanding.

kc

Jesus saves. I spend.

darkmist115 Profile Photo
darkmist115
#19re: Is the Wicked tour worth it or should I wait?
Posted: 11/17/05 at 1:18pm

"Block and Kassenbaum are WAY better than their Broadway counterparts right now... at least in performing these roles... so I would go with the tour at all cost... Jenna Leigh Green is also Hella Oustanding."

you really think so? to each his/her own, totally, but i just really don't think S J Blo is good as Elphie (she's totally amazing otherwise. In piece- AH!). Not a fan of Kendra at all, though. I think Megan is WAYY better.

jarretSF Profile Photo
jarretSF
#20re: Is the Wicked tour worth it or should I wait?
Posted: 11/17/05 at 2:19pm

The tour is great, I didn't see Stephanie though, had Eden Espinosa for the SF run. The whole show was wonderful.

Some people come into our lives and quietly go, others stay a while, and leave footprints on our heart, and we are never the same.

DramaDork925
#21re: Is the Wicked tour worth it or should I wait?
Posted: 11/17/05 at 3:55pm

I'm seeing it April 13 and can't wait to find out who will be playing Elphaba then. Any idea how long Kendra will be in it for?

Am I cut out to spend my time this way?

whateverman
#22re: Is the Wicked tour worth it or should I wait?
Posted: 11/17/05 at 3:56pm

wicked is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO vanilla.. PLEASE!

Galilee Profile Photo
Galilee
#23re: Is the Wicked tour worth it or should I wait?
Posted: 11/17/05 at 4:02pm

As oppossed to being....what? Sooooo Chocolate?
I don't get it!
Updated On: 11/17/05 at 04:02 PM

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#24re: Is the Wicked tour worth it or should I wait?
Posted: 11/17/05 at 4:13pm

The tour is worth it. Got to see it in Denver in September. The show was a bit off the night I saw it but I heard that it was pretty much on during its run. But I must say I preferred the Broadway original cast over the touring cast.

Just give the world Love.

Videos