RENT press reviews. when??

ozone20 Profile Photo
ozone20
#0RENT press reviews. when??
Posted: 11/18/05 at 9:46am

When will press reviews come in? Should we be expecting them now that the premiere has happened or is it after its nationwide opening? thanks.
Updated On: 11/18/05 at 09:46 AM

The8re phan Profile Photo
The8re phan
#1re: RENT press reviews. when??
Posted: 11/18/05 at 10:05am

I'm actually suprised that we haven't seen any yet, considering that quite a few reviews are being cited in the new tv ads.

Slotted spoons don't hold much soup

spiderdj82 Profile Photo
spiderdj82
#2re: RENT press reviews. when??
Posted: 11/18/05 at 10:11am

me too

"They're eating her and then they're going to eat me. OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!" -Troll 2

jimmycurry01
#3re: RENT press reviews. when??
Posted: 11/18/05 at 10:26am

Generaly offical press revies come out in the papers the day the film opens, so expect to hear from the likes of Ebert etc. on the 23rd.

spiderdj82 Profile Photo
spiderdj82
#4re: RENT press reviews. when??
Posted: 11/18/05 at 10:27am

actually, I heard that Ebert and Roeper are going to review RENT tomorrow morning on their show.

"They're eating her and then they're going to eat me. OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!" -Troll 2

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#5re: RENT press reviews. when??
Posted: 11/18/05 at 10:32am

Ugh, I'm nervous!

A work of art is an invitation to love.

spiderdj82 Profile Photo
spiderdj82
#6re: RENT press reviews. when??
Posted: 11/18/05 at 10:37am

Ebert gave Phantom a thumbs up for the sole purpose of him likeing the cinematography (Which is great) and he loves musicals I think (He talks about SINGING IN THE RAIN a good bit) so I think it will more than likely get a thumbs up from him.

twotrey
#7re: RENT press reviews. when??
Posted: 11/18/05 at 11:01am

Revolution only had a review embargo up until the 17th, but it is customary for the majority of reviews to post on opening day. But since the embargo is off, there should be a few trickling in the next few days, but most will likely go up on the 23rd.

EvelynNesbit1906 Profile Photo
EvelynNesbit1906
#8re: RENT press reviews. when??
Posted: 11/18/05 at 11:24am

I saw one in the New York Blade this morning. Keep googling "Rent Chris Columbus" and "Rent Rosario" on the news section and see what reviews you come up with...

MoonOnAstring
#9re: RENT press reviews. when??
Posted: 11/18/05 at 11:35am

Not really a review but a very favorable article:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,176006,00.html

Has some nice things to say about the cast.

I got blood on my cello! - Lauren Molina

munkustrap178 Profile Photo
munkustrap178
#10re: RENT press reviews. when??
Posted: 11/18/05 at 12:08pm

The "reviews" (or WORDS) in the new commercial are mostly from the same two newspapers or websites, if you look closely. They are things no one has heard of.

Also, if they needed to CHOP singular words together to form good reviews, that's not a very positive sign.

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

La_Becca Profile Photo
La_Becca
#11re: RENT press reviews. when??
Posted: 11/18/05 at 12:55pm

I don't think it's a bad sign that the positive "words" that flash up on the most recent commercial preview are from unknown movie critic sites. As of now, there aren't many official big name movie critic reviews out. We'll just have to wait a couple days and see.

"Love is a many splendid thing, love lifts us up where we belong, all you need is love!"

munkustrap178 Profile Photo
munkustrap178
#12re: RENT press reviews. when??
Posted: 11/18/05 at 12:59pm

That's not what I'm saying. The fact that it's from unknown newspapers/websites isn't a bad thing.

The fact that they just pulled out singular words like "BRILLIANT," "ELECTRIC," etc. is not a good sign.

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

EverythingIsRENT Profile Photo
EverythingIsRENT
#13re: RENT press reviews. when??
Posted: 11/18/05 at 1:04pm

What are you talking about? Any movie that has ads quoting reviews are usually a word or two. Did you excpect the entire reviews to be flashed up? Not a bad sign at all. It actually means nothing.

Sunchips: Best Kept Secret in the chip aisle!!
Updated On: 11/18/05 at 01:04 PM

paradox_error Profile Photo
paradox_error
#14re: RENT press reviews. when??
Posted: 11/18/05 at 1:23pm

Not usually one word. It could be, "this is a brilliant film", "a 5 star masterpiece" or something like that.

"Brilliant" and "electric" mean nothing because they can be taken from anything:

"This film should have been brilliant, the cast electric, the cinematography masterful, but, it failed."

broadway86 Profile Photo
broadway86
xM3L24x Profile Photo
xM3L24x
#16re: RENT press reviews. when??
Posted: 11/18/05 at 3:43pm

this morning i was listening to z100 and one of the girls on the morning show went to the premere last night and she said it was absolutely amazing and that everyone should see it and they were discussing how rent has affected everyone in some way, it was nice to wake up to :)