EDGES--the musical

Jules414 Profile Photo
Jules414
#0EDGES--the musical
Posted: 12/29/05 at 11:02pm

I've recently discovered "Edges--the song cycle" and I was wondering if anyone knew where I could find more tracks to listen to, or sheet music........

Thanks in advance.

Galinda Profile Photo
Galinda
#1re: EDGES--the musical
Posted: 12/29/05 at 11:10pm

DUDE edges is the coolest! i thought i was the only one who knew about this!

edges is brand new- it's a hot musical written by a fresh u of m grad, originally starring four amazing people- including the great chelsea krombach and nick ardell. wow!

i only wish i could share this with the whole BWW community.

i'll PM you with the four tracks i have. anyone else have more?

1 |_0/3 3D635!!!

break those chains.....with all you posess...

Jules414 Profile Photo
Jules414
#2re: EDGES--the musical
Posted: 12/29/05 at 11:14pm

Thanks...sadly, those are the 4 tracks I already have.

I'm trying to spread the word of Edges...anyone else know any more information about it?

Galinda Profile Photo
Galinda
#3re: EDGES--the musical
Posted: 12/29/05 at 11:19pm

1'|/| 50 6|_4D 70 |-|4/3 |=0|_|||D 4||07|-|3R 3D635 |=4||!!

|_| R00|_.

break those chains.....with all you posess...

jackson992
#4re: EDGES--the musical
Posted: 12/30/05 at 4:42am

I would love to hear this:)

RustyRocketteBoy Profile Photo
RustyRocketteBoy
#6re: EDGES--the musical
Posted: 1/4/06 at 11:25am

OMG! I thought i was the only one too! My school recently did this blackbox style.....AMAZING SHOW! and the cd is good too!

Stop worrying if your vision is new. Let others make that decision- They usually do. You keep moving on. Anything you do, Let it come from you. Then it will be new. Give us more to see... ~Sunday In the Park with George

limelighter
#7re: EDGES--the musical
Posted: 1/5/06 at 12:16am

Edges is AMAZING! I had the chance to meet the two guys recently and they told me that they are working with a big Tony Winning Broadway writer on a NEW show! I cant wait! FIND THE CD! It will change your LIFE!

jeffmarx Profile Photo
jeffmarx
#8re: EDGES--the musical
Posted: 1/5/06 at 2:59am

These guys are awesome.

We're going to be hearing a lot of great stuff from them in the next few years.

Mark my words. You heard it here first.
website of EDGES writers Benj Pasek & Justin Paul's site (writers of EDGES)

LostLeander
#9re: EDGES--the musical
Posted: 1/5/06 at 3:17am

I have the whole CD.

re: EDGES--the musical

It's a very... generational musical.

It's fun, and damn catchy.

CMU did an EXCELLENT version of it.

Great songs for really great, and highly developed voices.

Personally, I think I have too much bloom.

kerrylongphoto Profile Photo
kerrylongphoto
#10re: EDGES--the musical
Posted: 1/5/06 at 9:01am

yes, these guys are definitely going far.

EDGES rocks. i was actually just listening to the cd - everyone who wants to hear it should really check out the recording - great vocals and very catchy, clever and touching songs. "lying there", "one reason" and "fearlessly" are among my favorites.

these would also make for some great, little known audition songs.... contact these guys before they're huge stars!!!

www.pasekandpaul.com

iluvtheatertrash
#11re: EDGES--the musical
Posted: 1/5/06 at 11:55am

These guys are absolutely incredible talents. No doubt about it.

"I know now that theatre saved my life." - Susan Stroman

andrewkb
#12re: EDGES--the musical
Posted: 1/17/06 at 4:03pm

I go to school with Benj & Justin. They're some of the most ambitious talents I've heard in years. It's crazy how much the EDGES phenomenon is spreading across college campuses. They've got like 20 productions being done this year at schools and I've even heard that people have started wearing these black Livestrong bracelets that say EDGES on it. These boys are incredible people and I haven't been so excited about MT songs in a long time. Listen to I've Gotta Run & Lying There especially. They're ridiculously good.

dotvmike Profile Photo
dotvmike
#13re: EDGES--the musical
Posted: 1/17/06 at 4:50pm

I am listening to the clips on their website and I really enjoy it. Kerrylongphoto you mentioned a CD, where can I purchase it?

Nogibear
#15re: EDGES--the musical
Posted: 1/18/06 at 5:27pm

I actually had an oppurtunity to do this show at the Boston Conservatory and it was a great experience. The music is really great to sing, and I suggest anyone who can get their hands on it to do so. It's some of the best new music that I have heard in years. If you are looking for a show to do then this one is low budget and really fulfilling. The audience loved it and so did all of us! I'm so glad that people are starting to talk about it!

AuditioningWaitress
#16re: EDGES--the musical
Posted: 1/18/06 at 7:39pm

Thanks for the link...The songs sound great!

TripleTurns3
#17re: EDGES--the musical
Posted: 1/25/06 at 4:19am

hey guys, i go to NYU and there is a production here in february and i'm so excited about it, especially after everything i've read.

Zimmy Profile Photo
Zimmy
#19re: EDGES--the musical
Posted: 1/30/06 at 3:09pm

This sounds like it is a very interesting show.

I would love to be able to see it and get the sheet music.

Check this out everyone!

kerrylongphoto Profile Photo
kerrylongphoto
#20re: EDGES--the musical
Posted: 1/31/06 at 9:39am

everyone should check out the great new and improved website - it's very cool and has a lot more info about these guys

Mouser
#21re: EDGES--the musical
Posted: 9/20/06 at 10:15pm

This is a really good CD. The lyrics and the topics they cover are what really make this CD. I love it... it reminds me a lot of Songs for a New World, but is so much different and is really original.

I hope this blows up into something bigger...
Updated On: 9/20/06 at 10:15 PM

theaterdude87 Profile Photo
theaterdude87
#22re: EDGES--the musical
Posted: 9/20/06 at 10:25pm

the cd is out of this world. i have been in love with it since a friend gave it to me. it reminds me of SFANW but a lot better...the music I like more. When I listen to lying there I always think sho-bean...her voice would be wonderful singing that song.

for fierce, fabulous and fun times visit eric mathew's world. http://ericmathew.blogspot.com/

GilmoreGirlO2 Profile Photo
GilmoreGirlO2
#23re: EDGES--the musical
Posted: 9/20/06 at 10:54pm

Wow...just listened to the clips. I really like them! Looks like I may have to get this CD!

John3 Profile Photo
John3
#24re: EDGES--the musical
Posted: 9/20/06 at 11:08pm

I love the music so much. I got the music for Fearlessly a while ago and did it at a benefit concert and it went over wonderfully. Benj and Justin are an amazing duo.

John3

John3 Profile Photo
John3
#25re: EDGES--the musical
Posted: 9/20/06 at 11:08pm

Opps sorry, my computer is spastic Updated On: 9/20/06 at 11:08 PM

RentBoy86
#26re: EDGES--the musical
Posted: 9/21/06 at 12:07am

I love "Fearlessly" too. Does anyone have the sheet music and wouldn't mind emailing it to me? I had it at one point in time, but I lost the last page, which is what I need.

SVF0391
#27re: EDGES--the musical
Posted: 5/19/10 at 8:09pm

COME SEE EDGES LIVE ON STAGE!!
NY METRO PREMIERE!!!

Directed By: Jeremy Quinn
Musical Direction By: Stephen Ferri
Produced By: Terence Osborne

EDGES, written by Benj Pasek and Justin Paul (2007 Jonathan Larson Award Recipients), is a non-traditional musical about eight burgeoning adults that ask the classic coming-of-age questions: "Who am I?" and  "Who do I want to become?" While maintaining wit and charm, the show takes on such universal issues as love, commitment, personal identity and human purpose.

FRI. JUNE 25 @ 8PM
SAT. JUNE 26 @ 8PM

For Tickets:
Call: 914-328-1600
www.wppac.com 

$20 Gen Admission, $15 Students w/ ID , Groups of 15 and more call for discount pricing

White Plains Performing Arts Center (3rd floor)
11 City Place
White Plains, NY 10601

Videos