pixeltracker

Anthony Rapp book signing at UF- Page 3

Anthony Rapp book signing at UF

surefinewhatever Profile Photo
surefinewhatever
#50re: Anthony Rapp book signing at UF
Posted: 1/26/06 at 4:01pm

I really don't know how early you should get there, it really depends on where the signing is. If it's somewhere small, get there at least and hour to and hour and a half early would be my best guess. The one in Miami is being held at a Books & Books right? I'm from the Miami/Ft. Lauderdale area, but I've never been to that bookstore before, so i have no idea.

As for the one at UF. . . um. . . his speech started at 8, but the doors opened at 7. I got there at around 6:30, and there was decent crowd, but around 7, the auditorium started to get full fast. The book sold out before he even came out on stage! Some girl even asked me if she could buy my copy of the book and offered to pay more for it than what i had originally paid.

Even though there were alot of people at the signing, Anthony seemed pretty willing to take pictures and was great about it. Even when some people where simply content to pose next to him while he signed their stuff ( they didn't expect him to pose with them), he would look up and smile too. Have fun at the Miami book signing!

" I don't cause commotions, I am one."

incendiary_wit Profile Photo
incendiary_wit
#51re: Anthony Rapp book signing at UF
Posted: 1/26/06 at 4:24pm

I was there and it was amazing! I finally got to ask Anthony the question I've been wanting to ask for a year and what happens? I'm leaning in while he's signing my book and I still couldn't hear him. I really wanted to know what kinds of books he likes, authors who influenced him.

His book is just...fantabulous. He's brutally honest, even about bad things he's done. He's really opening his heart and leaving nerves exposed with this book.

1. Ted Allen: Everyone has an interesting life if you ask the right questions.
2. Great buckets of Spoffnor, they're going to sing!
3. "I love shrubs that are historical." -Johnny and The Sprites
4. "We're not singing it to you, we're singing it for us." -Rosario Dawson, about La Vie Boheme
5. "The best moments in reading are when you come across something - a thought, a feeling, a way of looking at things - which you had thought special and particular to you. And now, here it is, set down by someone else, a person you have never met, someone even who is long dead. And it is as if a hand has come out, and taken yours." -The History Boys
6. "Pass the parcel. That's sometimes all you can do. Take it, feel it and pass it on. Not for me, not for you, but for someone, somewhere, one day. Pass it on, boys. That's the game I want you to learn. Pass it on." -The History Boys

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#52re: Anthony Rapp book signing at UF
Posted: 1/26/06 at 5:17pm

Again, I apologized for spoiling the ending of the book. I would have edited my post but I felt it expressed my respect for Anthony as a great influence for the gay community. I thought what he said about Norbert was very very interesting because he was speaking from an acting point of view. The place was full, I'm still in shock that people from Orlando (about 2 hours from Gainesville) knew he was coming and went to see him. Again, he was so charismatic and even tried to do justice to some of the dumb questions that were asked. I loved that he said "Remember, there are no stupid questions, just stupid people." That just shows you the kind of wit he has, everyone in the room was so excited, and so touched by his reading. I liked that he talked about very personal, touching, powerful, yet dark moments because it created a serious atmosphere which in Rent-related events can get lost among the 15 year olds.
I apologized again for spoiling the ending.

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

xM3L24x Profile Photo
xM3L24x
#53re: Anthony Rapp book signing at UF
Posted: 1/26/06 at 5:26pm

I really hate when people say things like that. It's such a stereotypical thing to say. I'm 15 and I'm not an annoying fangirl. I can understand RENT just as well as the next person. Whatever.. to anyone who went I have a few questions: Do you think he'll sign 2 books for me because I agreed to bring someones book with me to sign..and also do you think he'll take pictures at the New York book signing..cause I'd assume there'd be more people there. Updated On: 1/26/06 at 05:26 PM

IveGottaBeME
#54re: Anthony Rapp book signing at UF
Posted: 1/26/06 at 5:34pm

when's the philly one?

orangeskittles Profile Photo
orangeskittles
#55re: Anthony Rapp book signing at UF
Posted: 1/26/06 at 5:48pm

Philly signing is on March 2nd

Mel, bring a camera just in case.

UGH, I have SUCH a good quote relating to stupid questions and Anthony, but I don't think the person that said it would want me posting it on the boards! *sits on hands*

Like a firework unexploded
Wanting life but never knowing how

xM3L24x Profile Photo
xM3L24x
#56re: Anthony Rapp book signing at UF
Posted: 1/26/06 at 6:10pm

haha posttt it-- peer pressure re: Anthony Rapp book signing at UF

surefinewhatever
#57re: Anthony Rapp book signing at UF
Posted: 1/26/06 at 6:32pm

ray-

aww, i was never upset that you spoiled the ending. actually, i don't think that were very many people that were so don't worry about it.

about the crowds though, people came from even further than orlando. I sat with some people who came from Ft. Meyers .. . a 4 hour drive! While i was reallyl surprised, its great that so many people came to see Anthony.

orangeskittles-
post it .. lol

Katt
#58re: Anthony Rapp book signing at UF
Posted: 1/26/06 at 6:50pm

Post it Skittles!

Mandi Moo Profile Photo
Mandi Moo
#59re: Anthony Rapp book signing at UF
Posted: 1/26/06 at 6:54pm

Or you can just PM it to me skittles. re: Anthony Rapp book signing at UF

Katt
#60re: Anthony Rapp book signing at UF
Posted: 1/26/06 at 6:54pm

And me too.

surefinewhatever
#61re: Anthony Rapp book signing at UF
Posted: 1/26/06 at 6:56pm

and me three? :)

orangeskittles Profile Photo
orangeskittles
#62re: Anthony Rapp book signing at UF
Posted: 1/26/06 at 7:02pm

Alright, I'll post it. I don't want to have to deal with sending it to "Me 15!"

"No question is ever too stupid, believe me. Unless you are asking if Anthony is white cause I think that's the most obvious thing in the world re: Anthony Rapp book signing at UF"

Like a firework unexploded
Wanting life but never knowing how
Updated On: 1/26/06 at 07:02 PM

Katt
#63re: Anthony Rapp book signing at UF
Posted: 1/26/06 at 7:05pm

Anthony is white?...I guess I missed that.

Mandi Moo Profile Photo
Mandi Moo
#64re: Anthony Rapp book signing at UF
Posted: 1/26/06 at 7:07pm

*giggles*

And geez Katt, you need to pay better attention. re: Anthony Rapp book signing at UF

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#65re: Anthony Rapp book signing at UF
Posted: 1/26/06 at 7:07pm

I love that.

A work of art is an invitation to love.

Katt
#66re: Anthony Rapp book signing at UF
Posted: 1/26/06 at 7:08pm

I know Mandi, I have the attention span of a five year old.

#67re: Anthony Rapp book signing at UF
Posted: 1/26/06 at 7:24pm

i'm going to the book singing in LA. i think it's mid feb. I'm sooo excited! i met him in early december at a benefit, and once before that back in 2004. I'm gonna bring as much stuff as i can to get signed-if it's allowed (i sure hope so)

surefinewhatever
#68re: Anthony Rapp book signing at UF
Posted: 1/26/06 at 7:39pm

haha. . . great quote

Alix7272 Profile Photo
Alix7272
#69re: Anthony Rapp book signing at UF
Posted: 1/26/06 at 8:06pm

Thanks for telling us about it!

I can't wait for the 21st! It's going to be crazy, huh?

No Child: http://www.epictheatrectr.org/
I Love You Because OCR: http://www.psclassics.com/cd_iloveyou.html

harris007 Profile Photo
harris007
#70re: Anthony Rapp book signing at UF
Posted: 1/26/06 at 9:26pm

DAMN IT I KNEW I MOVED TOO SOON, i lived in gainesville 2.5 years =( and yes there are tons of rent fans there,

Attend the tale of Bovine Boy His party threads we all enjoy But does he have Mad Cow Disease? He doesn't eat beef - but cows skating? - oh please!!! With cocoa!?! And lemonade!?! The heifer-mad poster of Broadway (World)

dreaminaret Profile Photo
dreaminaret
#71re: Anthony Rapp book signing at UF
Posted: 1/26/06 at 9:29pm

re: Photos, I wouldn't hold my breath in getting an actual photo w/Anthony. Only because when the guys from Queer Eye came to my school bookstore (which is a B&N) there were strict rules that you couldn't take a pic w/them b/c it would hold up the line. I think people were taking it of them though. At Florida it was an actual event sponsored by the school and not a store-sponsored author event, so the rules may be different. That doesn't mean that you should leave your camera at home by any means, but don't be too surprised if you can't get a shot with him.

i grew up 13 miles north of bohemia and 31 miles northeast of hicksville.

renthead2
#72re: Anthony Rapp book signing at UF
Posted: 1/27/06 at 8:00pm

awww wow anthony sounds like such an amazing person. I have never heard a bad thing about the guy.

Fantabulous428 Profile Photo
Fantabulous428
#73re: Anthony Rapp book signing at UF
Posted: 2/1/06 at 12:28pm

http://www.alligator.org/pt2/060126rapp.php

I recognize the addiction to being alive.

Becky2 Profile Photo
Becky2
#74re: Anthony Rapp book signing at UF
Posted: 2/1/06 at 3:23pm

Wow, it sounds like you had a great time. Now it really makes me hope that he does a signing somewhere near Michigan!