pixeltracker

Confessions of a Mormon Boy's Big Reveal

Confessions of a Mormon Boy's Big Reveal

everythingtaboo Profile Photo
everythingtaboo
#0Confessions of a Mormon Boy's Big Reveal
Posted: 2/6/06 at 12:08am

So without giving the big reveal of the show away...I notice that no review or preview of the show thus far has given away the most shocking moment of the show.

I guess along the lines of Crying Game or Sixth Sense, for theatre, is there a different standard that would allow likewise to keep audiences from knowing what the actor reveals about himself, since those that don't see the show will know what happens?

"Hey little girls, look at all the men in shiny shirts and no wives!" - Jackie Hoffman, Xanadu, 19 Feb 2008

RentBoy86
#1re: Confessions of a Mormon Boy's Big Reveal
Posted: 2/6/06 at 12:15am

This is the last show I would think would have a big reveal. What is it? Is he not a mormon?

MrBundles Profile Photo
MrBundles
#2re: Confessions of a Mormon Boy's Big Reveal
Posted: 2/6/06 at 12:48am

haha he's mormon. Go see the show. I couldn't imagine seeing it if I already knew what was going to happen. I saw it back in Salt Lake and got to meet him. A really poignant piece of theatre with a really warm and nice person performing it.

Your fupa is showing.

RentBoy86
#3re: Confessions of a Mormon Boy's Big Reveal
Posted: 2/6/06 at 12:55am

well i live in alabama so I will probably never see the show. and considering its a one man show, i doubt it will ever be down around here. so yeah, feel free to PM w/ the secret. i'm interested now.

1 Train Away
#4re: Confessions of a Mormon Boy's Big Reveal
Posted: 2/6/06 at 1:01am

I thought the reveal was the best part of the show. It blew my mind, and I absolutely loved the fact that I didn't even know a shock was coming at all because I would have been waiting for it the whole time if I knew something was going to happen. I suppose that means that I shouldn't really even be replying to this thread in keeping with the whole let-the-existence-of-the-surprise-be-a-surprise thing, but I just really felt the need to talk about that moment. The change spoke volumes, and really altered the way I saw the character. In short, he made the play so much better in just one second, and that impressed and moved me.

thetheatrekook Profile Photo
thetheatrekook
#5re: Confessions of a Mormon Boy's Big Reveal
Posted: 2/6/06 at 1:13am

i saw the show way back when at CRT...and the reveal shocked the hell out of me...i did NOT see that coming! i'm hoping to make my way back up to NYC to see it again...(plus i have to see the handywork of a friend of mine who helped with the sets...go UConn! haha)

www.kickfornick.com

courtneyanne Profile Photo
courtneyanne
#6re: Confessions of a Mormon Boy's Big Reveal
Posted: 2/6/06 at 2:05am

Alright, now I'm curious. Could somebody let me know what was so shocking?

Fosse76
#7re: Confessions of a Mormon Boy's Big Reveal
Posted: 2/6/06 at 2:14am

I saw him at the Bailiwick in Chicago. If you are talking about what I think you are, I' not quite sure how that is a shock. PM me and let me know what it is.

andyf
#8re: Confessions of a Mormon Boy's Big Reveal
Posted: 2/6/06 at 2:20am

Dammit, does this show have some kind of rush policy?

Andrew, tonight isn't about you! It isn't even about me!!! - [FD]

ThePinballWizard Profile Photo
ThePinballWizard
#9re: Confessions of a Mormon Boy's Big Reveal
Posted: 2/6/06 at 5:07am

Me too. I'm not going to be able to get around to seeing it because I won't be in the area. Can someone please PM me and let me know what the surprising shock is. It's going to drive me insane if I don't find out. re: Confessions of a Mormon Boy's Big Reveal Thanks.

"Isn't it strange that we spend most of our time learning to do what they put people in asylums for." - Jane Fonda on Acting

AllNite429
#10re: Confessions of a Mormon Boy's Big Reveal
Posted: 2/6/06 at 7:25am

I knew there is some sort of shocking moment and I can't wait to see what it is Sunday (2/12). I've heard great things about this show so I can't wait to see it. I got my tickets for $40 each with a code from Playbill.com

jboy1 Profile Photo
jboy1
#11re: Confessions of a Mormon Boy's Big Reveal
Posted: 2/6/06 at 9:06am

I'm in CA and won't be able to see the show. I'm very curious to know what the big reveal...can someone PM me and let me know? I wonder how big of a secret it is.

RIGHT NOW: Closing DISNEY'S WHEN YOU WISH at Marquee Productions (Apr. 23-26)

NEXT UP: Playing Albert Peterson in BYE BYE BIRDIE at The Western Stage in Salinas, CA (Aug. 15-Sept. 5)

Photo: Nick Adams - BEAUTIFUL!!!

life_so_far Profile Photo
life_so_far
#12re: Confessions of a Mormon Boy's Big Reveal
Posted: 2/6/06 at 9:09am

Now everyone has sparked my curiousity. While someone is PMing everyone else, can you send a message my way... unfortunately I doubt I will ever see this show. Thank you!

Mujhse Dosti Karoge?

Chicago74
#13re: Confessions of a Mormon Boy's Big Reveal
Posted: 2/6/06 at 9:17am

I am in Chicago for the spring and will not be able to see the show. Can someone PM me with the "shocker?"

#14re: Confessions of a Mormon Boy's Big Reveal
Posted: 2/6/06 at 9:42am

Can someone please pm me too!

eslgr8 Profile Photo
eslgr8
#15re: Confessions of a Mormon Boy's Big Reveal
Posted: 2/6/06 at 11:09am

Like everyone else here, I want to know the secret. I don't expect ever to see this show, so whoever has the secret, please PM me. It's driving me crazy trying to figure it out!
Thanks so much!

twogaab2
#16re: Confessions of a Mormon Boy's Big Reveal
Posted: 2/6/06 at 11:24am

This was only a "shocker" if you are a 22 year old twink.

TWOGAAB "A Class Act" will never die!

Fosse76
#17re: Confessions of a Mormon Boy's Big Reveal
Posted: 2/6/06 at 11:32am

That clears it up for me. I know what the shocker is. I want to know how anyone thinks it's a shocker?

children&art Profile Photo
children&art
#18re: Confessions of a Mormon Boy's Big Reveal
Posted: 2/6/06 at 11:32am

ok, not gonna be able to see the show - but someone PM me with the "shocker", please.

Don't f*ck with me fellas. This ain't my first time at the rodeo.

BwayBaby18 Profile Photo
BwayBaby18
#19re: Confessions of a Mormon Boy's Big Reveal
Posted: 2/6/06 at 12:29pm

I wanna know too! PM me please!

#20re: Confessions of a Mormon Boy's Big Reveal
Posted: 2/6/06 at 12:34pm

Would someone please PM me?

dhiraj86 Profile Photo
dhiraj86
#21re: Confessions of a Mormon Boy's Big Reveal
Posted: 2/6/06 at 12:40pm

The Reveal is not that big a deal! He has a wig on! thats it. He is bald!

#22re: Confessions of a Mormon Boy's Big Reveal
Posted: 2/6/06 at 12:43pm

And a bad one at that!

camthom Profile Photo
camthom
#23re: Confessions of a Mormon Boy's Big Reveal
Posted: 2/6/06 at 1:55pm

Oh thank GOD! I was reading each of these posts, trying to recall, having seen the show in the fringe last year, what the hell the big reveal was.

What's so shocking about it? It's actually a good wig...a very good wig...apparently good enough to be shocking to some people. I'll admit that I was surprised but if all you took away from the performance was the fact that he was bald, you really should go back and watch the rest of the show. It's quite good when you're not concentrating on his hair.

courtneyanne Profile Photo
courtneyanne
#24re: Confessions of a Mormon Boy's Big Reveal
Posted: 2/6/06 at 2:01pm

Boo! What a disappointment.

Videos