pixeltracker

Has any one heard the new Elphaba?

Has any one heard the new Elphaba?

Elphie6
#0Has any one heard the new Elphaba?
Posted: 2/19/06 at 12:35am

Oh my goodness! She is great, not better then Idina but I can't help but saying that! She can nail those high notes great! I am really excited to see her live in 2007!!

"If I'm flying Solo- At least I'm Flying Free. " Idina Menzel is my hero.
Updated On: 2/19/06 at 12:35 AM

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#1re: Hase any one heard the new Elphaba?
Posted: 2/19/06 at 12:42am

? 2007? She might be gone by then...whoever "she" is?

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

Elphie6
#2re: Hase any one heard the new Elphaba?
Posted: 2/19/06 at 12:44am

Eden Espinosa(Spelling?)

I hope not for she jsut replaced Sho. Bean so I hope not. She is fantastic. My friend has a live recording on her I-pod. Gosh, she is really talented.

Aigoo Profile Photo
Aigoo
#3re: Hase any one heard the new Elphaba?
Posted: 2/19/06 at 12:52am

She was with the company earlier before. She was Idina Menzel's standby.

This is my signature.

FosseBoi
#4re: Hase any one heard the new Elphaba?
Posted: 2/19/06 at 12:55am

Surely she will be gone by then. We'll probably go through 2 or 3 Elphies by '07.

I cant believe no one has said anything mean....

"I've always secretly longed for an actress to get to the top of the cherry picker and projectile vomit all over the guards below."- Wonderwaiter in the "Defy Gravity?" thread. ~~~~~~~~My dream? Sutton Foster as Cassie in A Chorus Line

Elphie6
#5re: Hase any one heard the new Elphaba?
Posted: 2/19/06 at 12:57am

I know that she will most likely be gone. It was a mis-type on my part. I meant to I really wish to see her in 2007 Yes, I also knew she was a stand by because it is on Wicked's official Website. I am hoping though she'll stay.

Aigoo Profile Photo
Aigoo
#6re: Hase any one heard the new Elphaba?
Posted: 2/19/06 at 1:02am

No one has said anything mean because we're all too busy yelling at each other at the moment.

This is my signature.

John Murdock Profile Photo
John Murdock
#7re: Hase any one heard the new Elphaba?
Posted: 2/19/06 at 1:02am

is it just me, but Eden is not new to the scene, why all teh shock and awe?

Upcoming Shows: Gypsy, Dead Mans Cell Phone, Xanadu, Sunday in the Park with George

C is for Company
#8re: Hase any one heard the new Elphaba?
Posted: 2/19/06 at 1:15am

I'm actually glad it hasn't been more talked about. Yes by now we know shes been standby and Frisco tour leg Elphaba. By now shes just old news. Not like when green bean came onto the scene. OHH rap with me y'all.
Please just slap me.

respeck Profile Photo
respeck
#9re: Hase any one heard the new Elphaba?
Posted: 2/19/06 at 1:56am

Oh, and she was in this show no one's ever heard of called BROOKLYN. It was AWESOME! Check it out!!!!

C is for Company
#10re: Hase any one heard the new Elphaba?
Posted: 2/19/06 at 2:18am

R U serious? I'll have to check that out. Will she be touring in California anytime in 2010, I think I am going to be visiting then. Oh I hope so, I'm sure she'd still sound awesome, maybe her contract in Wicked will be up by then!

TheActr97J Profile Photo
TheActr97J
#11re: Hase any one heard the new Elphaba?
Posted: 2/19/06 at 2:22am

LOL Company! re: Hase any one heard the new Elphaba?

"I seem to have wandered into the BRAIN load-out thread... "
-best12bars

"Sorry I am a Theatre major not a English Major"
-skibumb5290

JackiesBroJoe Profile Photo
JackiesBroJoe
#12re: Hase any one heard the new Elphaba?
Posted: 2/19/06 at 2:27am

Eden is leaving the show October 2006.

C is for Company
#13re: Hase any one heard the new Elphaba?
Posted: 2/19/06 at 2:33am

Oh thanks Joe, thats actually very informational in comparison to the rest of the thread. I'm kind of surprised considering she will be the first green one to have a 9 month contract. I guess theres only so much you can take after some touring and this has been a substancial part of her career, its good that she will move on a bit more quick. Maybe we can have Murney then! *ring out organ chimes and angelic choir note* Hallelujah!

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#14re: Hase any one heard the new Elphaba?
Posted: 2/19/06 at 2:42am

Do you think she'll be around by 2020? Maybe I'll have enough money by then to see the show!

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

Radioactiveduck Profile Photo
Radioactiveduck
#15re: Hase any one heard the new Elphaba?
Posted: 2/19/06 at 2:43am

"Oh, and she was in this show no one's ever heard of called BROOKLYN. It was AWESOME! Check it out!!!!"

THANK YOU! She totally blew my mind when I saw that show. Too bad it got such crap reviews.

C is for Company
#16re: Hase any one heard the new Elphaba?
Posted: 2/19/06 at 2:46am

Eden has an incomparable voice and is a wonder in Wicked, I'm glad she gets to spotlight a show that showcases her voice very well.

And Miss Dillmount, you better hope your pennies add up to the fee, we can't let you see her for free!

emo_geek Profile Photo
emo_geek
#17re: Hase any one heard the new Elphaba?
Posted: 2/19/06 at 3:27am

Eden is my favorite singer ever.

"I never had theatre producers run after me. Some people want to make more Broadway shows out of movies. But Elliot and I aren't going to do Batman: The Musical." - Julie Taymor 1999

wickedobsessed Profile Photo
wickedobsessed
#18re: Hase any one heard the new Elphaba?
Posted: 2/19/06 at 3:41pm

About people from Wicked leaving, does anyone know when Megan H's contract is up?!??

#19re: Hase any one heard the new Elphaba?
Posted: 2/19/06 at 4:24pm

I enjoyed Megan when I saw her. And I thought Shoshanna was very good. I would love to have seen Ana Gasteyer and Stephanie Block. I heard she was excellent in DC

Doogie Profile Photo
Doogie
#20re: Hase any one heard the new Elphaba?
Posted: 2/19/06 at 4:42pm

Wow.

Eden just may be, in my opinion, the most overhyped person in musical theatre today. I think she is a loud, pitchy singer.

Blovk should've been brought in. LOVE her.

Roscoe
#21re: Hase any one heard the new Elphaba?
Posted: 2/19/06 at 5:15pm

I wasn't at all thrilled to hear that Ms. Espinoza was going in to WICKED. I'd sat through that horror show known as BROOKLYN, and detested everything about it, most especially Ms. Espinoza's horrific glass-shattering screech. I was very surprised at how good she turned out to be in WICKED.

"If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to worry about the answers." Thomas Pynchon, GRAVITY'S RAINBOW "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." Philip K. Dick My blog: http://www.roscoewrites.blogspot.com/

TLKfan Profile Photo
TLKfan
#22re: Hase any one heard the new Elphaba?
Posted: 2/19/06 at 5:21pm

Not to get off topic, but PLEASE call it SF or San Francisco. No Frisco please.

2008 European Tour
London: Les Mis, Lion King, Sound of Music, Joseph, Hairspray, Billy Elliot
France: Le Roi Lion, Cabaret
Germany: Der Konig der Lowen
Holland: Tarzan & Les Mis

emo_geek Profile Photo
emo_geek
#23re: Hase any one heard the new Elphaba?
Posted: 2/19/06 at 6:37pm

Thats because Roscoe, Eden is amazing duh!

"I never had theatre producers run after me. Some people want to make more Broadway shows out of movies. But Elliot and I aren't going to do Batman: The Musical." - Julie Taymor 1999

Roscoe
#24re: Hase any one heard the new Elphaba?
Posted: 2/19/06 at 10:07pm

I'd have to disagree about Eden being "amazing." She was ghastly in BROOKLYN. Ghastly. Smug and self-righteous, with a voice that would pierce concrete. Horrifying. I would never have believed she had it in her to be so good in WICKED.

"If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to worry about the answers." Thomas Pynchon, GRAVITY'S RAINBOW "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." Philip K. Dick My blog: http://www.roscoewrites.blogspot.com/