pixeltracker

What you can't see at "Tarzan"...? SPOILERS alert

What you can't see at "Tarzan"...? SPOILERS alert

CharlieBrown
#0What you can't see at "Tarzan"...? SPOILERS alert
Posted: 3/31/06 at 11:00am

This seems to give the poop on what you are unable to see from some of the seats -- and suggests there may be more seats affected by obstructed view than you think.

http://www.jimhillmedia.com/article.php?id=1905

jpbran Profile Photo
jpbran
#1re: What you can't see at 'Tarzan'...? SPOILERS alert
Posted: 3/31/06 at 11:30am

Wow... some people may think this is making much out of little, but it seems pretty serious to me. These are expensive tickets, and I agree that most people think that a partial or obstructed view means a pole or a slight angle problem-- not misssing out on what most people paid to see.

The solution would be to not sell those back rows (or if they do, sell them for a drastically reduced price-- as in $20 or so). But, that ain't gonna happen...

Updated On: 3/31/06 at 11:30 AM

Ourtime992 Profile Photo
Ourtime992
FOAnatic Profile Photo
FOAnatic
#3re: What you can't see at 'Tarzan'...? SPOILERS alert
Posted: 3/31/06 at 11:39am

That's not the same blog post.

"I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about." - Oscar Wilde

jpbran Profile Photo
jpbran
#4re: What you can't see at 'Tarzan'...? SPOILERS alert
Posted: 3/31/06 at 11:46am

Yeah, this is a more specific update addressing Disney's response. And he nicely gave it a spoiler title.

wickedfan2 Profile Photo
wickedfan2
#5re: What you can't see at 'Tarzan'...? SPOILERS alert
Posted: 3/31/06 at 12:29pm

So can you guys tell me if seeing Tarzan for the first time in a partial view seat is a waste of money? I looked up tickets but they only had partial view right side orchestra.

liotte Profile Photo
liotte
#6re: What you can't see at 'Tarzan'...? SPOILERS alert
Posted: 3/31/06 at 12:55pm

"And then -- when you take into consideration that this seating chart for the Richard Rodgers theatre clearly states that "Front Mezzanine Row A overhangs Orchestra Row J" ... Well, that means that theatre-goers who are seated in the rows directly behind Row J (I.E. Rows K, N, L, O, P, Q, R & T) will also have their "Tarzan" viewing experience significantly impacted."

These rows are not a problem. He's just trying to make it sound like a bigger issue. Row's K-P are closer to premium seats because of the way those rows are raked- stadium seating style.

wickedfan2 Profile Photo
wickedfan2
#7re: What you can't see at 'Tarzan'...? SPOILERS alert
Posted: 3/31/06 at 1:02pm

liotte - what do you think of right side orchestra partial view row h? will I miss enough not to pay the money?

liotte Profile Photo
liotte
#8re: What you can't see at 'Tarzan'...? SPOILERS alert
Posted: 3/31/06 at 1:06pm

That's fine, you just won't see a few entrances and exits right at the wall.

wickedfan2 Profile Photo
wickedfan2
#9re: What you can't see at 'Tarzan'...? SPOILERS alert
Posted: 3/31/06 at 1:24pm

Thanks! got em!

NJgirl
#10re: What you can't see at 'Tarzan'...? SPOILERS alert
Posted: 3/31/06 at 2:04pm

I'm guessing Disney needs to be careful where it seats its Tony voters....lol.

Qfan2.0 Profile Photo
Qfan2.0
#11re: What you can't see at 'Tarzan'...? SPOILERS alert
Posted: 3/31/06 at 2:40pm

my seats are row k dead center is that a bad seat at all?

EDIT: im sorry its was sarcastic sarcasm doesn't come off wel i guess Updated On: 3/31/06 at 02:40 PM

liotte Profile Photo
liotte
#12re: What you can't see at 'Tarzan'...? SPOILERS alert
Posted: 3/31/06 at 2:43pm

Row K center is a horrible seat, you should just give your tickets to me and go bury your head back in that hole you apparently have been living in since you didn't read the millions of posts about this already.

LorelaiGilmore Profile Photo
LorelaiGilmore
#13re: What you can't see at 'Tarzan'...? SPOILERS alert
Posted: 3/31/06 at 2:44pm

In the same article, did anyone see the last question dicussed, about High School Musical?

oy with the poodles already!

LorelaiGilmore Profile Photo
LorelaiGilmore
#14re: What you can't see at 'Tarzan'...? SPOILERS alert
Posted: 3/31/06 at 2:44pm

In the same article, did anyone see the last question dicussed, about High School Musical?

oy with the poodles already!

Steve2 Profile Photo
Steve2
#15re: What you can't see at 'Tarzan'...? SPOILERS alert
Posted: 3/31/06 at 2:49pm

If row k dead center is bad, does that mean my seat of Row E dead center is bad too?

liotte Profile Photo
liotte
#16re: What you can't see at 'Tarzan'...? SPOILERS alert
Posted: 3/31/06 at 2:59pm

Oh dear god

idinarocksmysocks!510 Profile Photo
idinarocksmysocks!510
#17re: What you can't see at 'Tarzan'...? SPOILERS alert
Posted: 3/31/06 at 5:05pm

that's a shame that if you sit in certain places you miss stuff! you think they'd try to think about that when the got to the theater, but i dunno. i'm no expert.

you say i'm weird! look at everyone you're sitting with! and hey, those guys over there just threw napkins up in the air like they were on something! it's contajous! you can't help it!

dirty rotten guy Profile Photo
dirty rotten guy
#18re: What you can't see at 'Tarzan'...? SPOILERS alert
Posted: 4/1/06 at 2:59pm

Jim just added another article with a huge list of what you cant see:

http://www.jimhillmedia.com/article.php?id=1905

He makes it sound pretty bad...

"The hallmark of aristocracy is responsibility. Oh brother, that got me, that did me in!"

WickedGeek28 Profile Photo
WickedGeek28
#19re: What you can't see at 'Tarzan'...? SPOILERS alert
Posted: 4/1/06 at 3:32pm

Not to be annoying, but where are the lottery seats located?

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view - until you climb into his skin and walk around in it."
To Kill A Mockingbird

boxers7 Profile Photo
boxers7
#20re: What you can't see at 'Tarzan'...? SPOILERS alert
Posted: 4/1/06 at 4:05pm

Is Tarzan's parents swimming ashore similar to the pool scene in Aida?

"I don't wanna see that!" -Aunt Sassy (as played by Valerie Cherish) on Room & Bored

Me2 Profile Photo
Me2
#21re: What you can't see at 'Tarzan'...? SPOILERS alert
Posted: 4/1/06 at 8:31pm

not at all. when they are swimming its like you're seeing them underwater swimming. I thought it looked awesome. i was very impressed.

Yankeefan007
#22re: What you can't see at 'Tarzan'...? SPOILERS alert
Posted: 4/1/06 at 8:36pm

The partial view starts at (at least) Row R. As you go up, you miss more and more. 90% of the show takes place on stage, so it's not bad at all.

Broadway_Boy
#23re: What you can't see at 'Tarzan'...? SPOILERS alert
Posted: 4/2/06 at 12:27am

Is row C seat 1 in the front mezzanine really worth $111? (I am being serious)

Check out the app Todaytix if you haven't already for theatre tickets around the world. My referral code is DGHVR

logan0215 Profile Photo
logan0215
#24re: What you can't see at 'Tarzan'...? SPOILERS alert
Posted: 4/2/06 at 3:28am

I saw the 3rd preview from the Mezz (thank god!)

First, during intermission my friend and I went downstairs to see about the "partial view" seats. The last rows of the orchestra get 1/2 of the stage. This is not sufficient because 60% of this show is aerial. I will see if I can get the photos my friend took both standing and sitting from the final rows of the orch so you can all see for yourself. If this isn't bad enough, you're next to the soundbooth as well (distracting I'm sure).

This is terrible that the vantage points and sightlines of the theater were not tested for a show that relies entirely on scenes in the upper 1/2 of the stage.

And the sinking/on the beach scene is identical to scenes used in Cirque du Soleil "KA" @ the MGM Grand. See the following links for pictures of the KA stage (it goes from horizontal to completely vertical via hydrolics). In tarzan the family is washed ashore (pinned to the back wall of the stage), stand up (face to the floor of the stage), and walk down the wall to the stage level.

http://www.cirquetribune.com/gallery/displayimage.php?album=11&pos=16

http://www.cirquetribune.com/gallery/displayimage.php?album=11&pos=38

I love America. Just because I think gay dudes should be allowed to adopt kids and we should all have hybrid cars doesn't mean I don't love America. [turns and winks directly into the camera] - Liz Lemon (Tina Fey) on 30 Rock

Videos