pixeltracker

Things that annoy you...- Page 3

Things that annoy you...

Buddy Kiss Profile Photo
Buddy Kiss
#50re: Things that annoy you...
Posted: 4/18/06 at 4:08am

Person: Ummm, ok... what was the point of act two in Into the Woods? They could've ended the whole show after act one because everyone got what they wanted... And besides, the second act is, like, really sad!

Me: AGH!.... :vomits:

Person: ugh I don't really like Sondheim. His stuff is just... I dunno... weird.

Me: .................................................. WTF?!

"Wickedness is a term invented by society to account for the curious attractivness of others." -Oscar Wilde

BtMartin25
#51re: Things that annoy you...
Posted: 4/18/06 at 8:23am

^^ funny, the Into the Woods JR. version on MTI is only the first act.

-- don't you hate when you're deeply into a scene and then you hear a baby cry.. nonstop. And the mother waits like 10 seconds before taking it out of the theater

bt

Katurian2 Profile Photo
Katurian2
#52re: Things that annoy you...
Posted: 4/18/06 at 8:34am

"The guy who played the phantom in the movie is sooooo much better than that Broadway guy. He sounds like a girl."

"Are you sorry for civilization? I am sorry for it too." ~Coast of Utopia: Shipwreck

mesmerized24601 Profile Photo
mesmerized24601
#53re: Things that annoy you...
Posted: 4/18/06 at 10:17am

Ok I wasn't going to say anything...but here is mine:

-People that ruin threads because they
-Don't like the question
-The question has been asked before
-They don't like the poster
-Someone's spelling or grammer was wrong
-Have nothing better to do

It makes this board so hard to read.

...and still you hold on, to every old song... - Adam Pascal

Kalimba Profile Photo
Kalimba
#54re: Things that annoy you...
Posted: 4/18/06 at 10:22am

Not so much, Do Re Milla's daily birthday posts, but the fact that she feels the need to "bump" and "bumpity bump" them throughout the day.

AlmostFamous Profile Photo
AlmostFamous
#55re: Things that annoy you...
Posted: 4/18/06 at 10:24am

People that:

- Say "Oh I know the Phantom of the Opera, its about that ugly guy who wheres a mask."
- Tell actors they were awesome at the stagedoor and then ask everyone around them who it was
- People who go around saying OMG I LIKE LOVE WICKED and when you ask them what their favorite part in the show was they say I don't know I only listen to the soundtrack (yes soundtrack, they say soundtrack not cast recording)

ILoveMyDictionary Profile Photo
ILoveMyDictionary
#56re: Things that annoy you...
Posted: 4/18/06 at 10:53am

*People saying they hate a musical then singing when you sing your favorite songs"

^ I HATE HATE HATE that.

also the Wicked thing, gah, that gets on my nerves.

When you just tell people the title of the show you saw and they go, I don't really like shows like that.
Me: Have you seen it?
them: No, it just doesn't sound good.

"leik oMggg your such a freeak, Don't you listen to leik reall musik, u kno leik rap and stuff."

tz0o
#57re: Things that annoy you...
Posted: 4/18/06 at 11:46am

"OMG PHANTOM OF THE OPERA IS AWESOME NOW IM GONNA GO CUT MYSELF!"

Too funny! The sad thing is that I actually knew somebody like that once. . .

Back on topic and speaking of "The Phantom of the Opera", one thing that annoys me are the people who go on and on about how they want to screw the Phantom when, if they were in Christine's place, they probably would have done the same thing that she did and go for Raoul simply because people are artificial like that.

I'll post more later. Now I'm in school and have to go to lunch.

You insult me, I ignore you. That's how the system works around here.

dirty rotten guy Profile Photo
dirty rotten guy
#58re: Things that annoy you...
Posted: 4/18/06 at 12:02pm

-People who think they should sing whenever they want

I had to stand behind 5 kids for an hour and a half in the line for the Sweeney CD signing. The entire time they sang a few of the songs over and OVER. I especially hated the girl who though she could sing "Green Finch and Linnet Bird". I felt like saying we are not here to hear you sing, please shut up.

"The hallmark of aristocracy is responsibility. Oh brother, that got me, that did me in!"

children&art Profile Photo
children&art
#59re: Things that annoy you...
Posted: 4/18/06 at 12:03pm

1. Jerry Herman
2. Carol Channing
3. Jerry Herman & Carol Channing shows
4. people who LOVE "Hello Dolly"
5. the word "UM"

Don't f*ck with me fellas. This ain't my first time at the rodeo.
Updated On: 4/18/06 at 12:03 PM

Dirty Rotten Scoundrel
#60re: Things that annoy you...
Posted: 4/18/06 at 12:07pm

"Hey watchya listening to?"
"The Hair Actor's Benefit Recording."
"Eww I saw that movie it sucked!"
*So then you test them.*
"...Adam Pascal's on it."
"OH MY GAH! Can you burn it for me???"

Hawker
#61re: Things that annoy you...
Posted: 4/18/06 at 12:07pm

Critics who attempt to convince us they are expresssing incontrovertible fact rather than opinion.

WickedGeek28 Profile Photo
WickedGeek28
#62re: Things that annoy you...
Posted: 4/18/06 at 12:18pm

I agree with so many of these!

1. Soundtracks! A cast member from TDC said "We're going to record the soundtrack tomorrow." I wanted to scream!
2. Stereotypes, I'm not gay.
3. Real Music v. Show Tunes - Do people even know that "Show Tunes" was the most popular genre for a while?

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view - until you climb into his skin and walk around in it."
To Kill A Mockingbird

greenifyed Profile Photo
greenifyed
#63re: Things that annoy you...
Posted: 4/18/06 at 12:26pm

People who tell me they can't afford to see a broadway show who make more money than I do. Which is the general population.

"The tick BOOM tick BOOM is so loud I can't hear the rain on the grass. I can't hear the wind. I'm about to scream. But I realize I'm not alone."

twogaab2
#64re: Things that annoy you...
Posted: 4/18/06 at 12:41pm

Judgemental, immature people.

TWOGAAB "A Class Act" will never die!

ILoveMyDictionary Profile Photo
ILoveMyDictionary
#65re: Things that annoy you...
Posted: 4/18/06 at 1:06pm

Oh it also really bothers me when people hate Raoul in Phantom of the Opera, because he tryed to get Christene away from the Phantom. Honestly people, give this guy some sympathy. He was only trying to protect someone he loved, and he kept getting the cold shoulder for it.

Claire2141 Profile Photo
Claire2141
#66re: Things that annoy you...
Posted: 4/18/06 at 1:28pm

*People who assume that because I like Wicked I'm an immiture 12 year old
*Ditto because I like Idina Menzel (YES I knew who she was BEFORE Wicked)
*'Musicals? Why don't you go see a movie?'
*'You know the girl singing that (On My Own - Frances Ruffel) has nothing on the girl from Dawson's Creek'...seriously I've had that

wickedrentq Profile Photo
wickedrentq
#67re: Things that annoy you...
Posted: 4/18/06 at 1:29pm

In the theatre:

Cell phones going off
People texting during shows
People unwrapping candies/charms...as slowly as possible b/c they think it's quieter that way but it's so much worse
People ruffling through plastic bags
People who make no effort to cough quieter
People who sing along
People who tell me to sit down because I'm blocking their view if I'm giving the ensemble a standing ovation

Other things:

People singing RENT before anything RENT-related
People only knowing the cast of RENT for that and nothing else
Tourists who stop in the middle of the street, blocking traffic
Pedestrians who continue to walk even though they have a stop sign, so I can't make my turn
Cabs and buses that totally cut you off
Being called a front runner because I'm a Yankee fan, even though I became a fan in '93 when they sucked
People constantly bitching about Wicked fans--sure, they're wrong to think it's the best show ever, but I'd much rather they think Wicked's the best show ever than think N Sync is the best band ever
People telling you to give money to charity because you've seen a show a lot

"If there was a Mount Rushmore for Broadway scores, "West Side Story" would be front and center. It snaps, it crackles it pops! It surges with a roar, its energy and sheer life undiminished by the years" - NYPost reviewer Elisabeth Vincentelli

LyTeMyCanDyI Profile Photo
LyTeMyCanDyI
#68re: Things that annoy you...
Posted: 4/18/06 at 3:48pm

Rude people who don't get cast in my high school that feel it's necessary to put m you down for the rest of your life because you got in.

It went like this:

"Don't be upset. You're too good for this play! They cast so many people who didn't belong in there ::looks right at me:: and looked voer the good people like you."

also

"Annoying Jealous Girl: "Ummm? Like, can you even, ummm, sing?" (Oh yea, this is the girl in my AUDITION REQUIRED choir class)
Me: "Apparently. I got a part, didn't I? I had a solo in last year's show. I'm going to say yes on this?"
AJG: "So, like, ummm, sing something."
Me: "::sings a little bit of I Dreamed a Dream:: There. Satisfied?"
AJG: "::Giving me a disaproving, disgusted look:: Your voice is very...musical theater"
Me: "Thanks. You know, it WAS an audition for Guys and Dolls. I guess your voice, well, isn't. Hope to see you in the audience for the show"

I Hate that!

Megan Mullally as Karen Walker on Will and Grace: "Tell me more. Tell me more. Like does he have a car?"

DawnlikesRent Profile Photo
DawnlikesRent
#69re: Things that annoy you...
Posted: 4/18/06 at 4:24pm

People who think they are above others because they know "everything" about broadway.

tz0o
#70re: Things that annoy you...
Posted: 4/18/06 at 4:53pm

Ok, here's some more:

*Them: "Oh, such and such show sucks."
Me: "Do you even know what it's about?"
Them: "No."

*Them: "Whatcha listining to?"
Me: "'Wicked.'"
Them: "Oh. Uneducated teeny-booper swine."
("Sweeney Todd" randomly falls out of my backpack)
"Oh, Sweeney Todd. Never mind."

*Them: "Whatcha listening too?"
Me: "'Sweeney Todd'."
Them: "Oh, don't listen to that! Listen to something more worthwhile, like, something happier."

Them: "Whatcha listening to?"
Me: "'The Producers.'"
Them: "Ah, yes. That must be the best musical, since it won 12 Tony Awards and everything."

Them: "Whatcha listening to?"
Me: "'The Producers.'" (OR) "'Cabaret'"
Them: "Don't listen to that! It has Nazis in it! Too dark, too depressing!"

Them: "Modern day musicals suck."

Them: "What are you listening to?"
Me: "'The Phantom of the Opera.'"
Them: "Oh. Andrew Lloyd Webber. He sucks."
("Sweeney Todd" randomly drops from my backpack)
"Stephen Sondheim? Genius! I misjudged you!"

Them: "What are you listening to?"
Me: "'Rent.'" (even though I've never really listened to Rent before. . .)
Them: "Ew. Rent. The worst thing that happened to musical theatre since Andrew Lloyd Webber."
Me: "Did you get that from 'Family Guy'?"
Them: "Yes."

Them: "I love 'Cats'."
Me: "Really? What's your favorite song?"
Them: "'Memory'."
Me: "Did you even see the rest of the musical?"
Them: "No."
(Note that the above conversation can apply to any song and any show.)

That's all I really have for now. I actually have more, but can't think of them at the moment. I'll think them up later.

You insult me, I ignore you. That's how the system works around here.

Madame X Profile Photo
Madame X
#71re: Things that annoy you...
Posted: 4/18/06 at 4:57pm

When people ask, don't you run out of shows to see? *roll eyes*
People who talk back to the actors on stage.
People who text message during the show.

"Some of us have it worse, you know, Dana. Some of us are dating lesbian men. Okay? C'mon."

Musical_nerd Profile Photo
Musical_nerd
#72re: Things that annoy you...
Posted: 4/18/06 at 5:04pm

Those trucks that keep driving through my town that say "ROADWAY" in big letters. Every single time I see it I think it says Broadway and I get really excited.

Calvin Profile Photo
Calvin
#73re: Things that annoy you...
Posted: 4/18/06 at 5:08pm

Oh, goodness. There's a scene in Awake and Sing! where one of the characters is trying to remember Valentino's name. When I saw it, some lady from the audience was shouting "Valentino! Valentino!" as if he had asked her for help.

bway_baby Profile Photo
bway_baby
#74re: Things that annoy you...
Posted: 4/18/06 at 5:49pm

I get annoyed when all people can talk about is "Wicked" and "Rent" and when people who "looove" musicals can only talk about those two shows - ask them if they've ever heard of "Legs Diamond" or "Big River" and they look at you like you have two heads. Also:

-when people ask me if I've ever heard of "Wicked" when they hear I'm a musical theatre major.
-when people bash ALW and talk about Sondheim like he's god... he may not be your favorite, but get over it. He's turned out some successful stuff, even if YOU don't like it.
-people who get angry with me because I don't like Patti LuPone due to the fact that she isn't very good at articulation and you can't understand what she says.
-"The Phantom of The Opera" movie.
-Angel from "Rent."
-People who think that belting insanely high notes and screaming your voice away makes you a good singer and makes a song good, and people who say "legit" singers are boring or dumb. You try singing an F# two and a half octaves above middle C without screwing your voice up, please.
-Lastly, when people AUTOMATICALLY give a performance a standing O. Those should be reserved for extraordinary performances - to give every show regardless of how good it was a standing ovation just cheapens the really remarkable ones.