pixeltracker

Tarzan on Good Morning America! Wednesday!

Tarzan on Good Morning America! Wednesday!

liotte Profile Photo
liotte
#0Tarzan on Good Morning America! Wednesday!
Posted: 5/8/06 at 12:16pm

Yay, Tarzan will be on Good Morning, America (ABC) on Wednesday!

Now all of you who are asking questions about the show, cast, set, etc can get a behind the scenes look at it all.

https://www.broadwayworld.com/l.cfm?id=115688
Updated On: 5/9/06 at 12:16 PM

neocomposer Profile Photo
neocomposer
#1re: Tarzan on Good Morning America!
Posted: 5/8/06 at 12:21pm

Thanks! I really haven't paid any attention to this show...besides it's gigantic presence in the Richard Rogers. I may give in and go if the GMA performance is stellar. Sometimes I accidently get so snobby about all of the Disney stuff...but who am I to say for sure without seeing it...

"That Sondheim kid has a big future."-Nathan Lane
Updated On: 5/8/06 at 12:21 PM

liotte Profile Photo
liotte
#2re: Tarzan on Good Morning America!
Posted: 5/8/06 at 2:25pm

I'm looking forward to seeing a lot of the "behind the scenes" and backstage stuff! And interviews with Josh and Jenn, of course!

RentBoy86
#3re: Tarzan on Good Morning America!
Posted: 5/8/06 at 2:32pm

Sweet. I've been waiting for some television exposure. can't wait. guess i'll have to get up early.

#4re: Tarzan on Good Morning America!
Posted: 5/8/06 at 3:04pm

Good stuff, I've been curious to see it. People can say what they want about the disney musicals, but in my experience they've turned out to be good.

zepka102 Profile Photo
zepka102
#5re: Tarzan on Good Morning America!
Posted: 5/8/06 at 4:12pm

::hypervenilates::

::then sets tape 2 days in advance on every vcr in the house::

::bust a move::

YankeeGal#24 Profile Photo
YankeeGal#24
#6re: Tarzan on Good Morning America!
Posted: 5/8/06 at 4:24pm

Oooohhh! I am looking forward to the backstage stuff too, but I hope they do at least one number!!!!

"You ask four guys, you get four different versions" ~ Tommy DeVito, Jersey Boys

chinkie azn jai Profile Photo
chinkie azn jai
#7re: Tarzan on Good Morning America!
Posted: 5/8/06 at 5:31pm

Does anyone know about what hour it will be on?

"Chicago is it's own incredible theater town right there smack down in the middle of the heartland. What a great city! I can see why Oprah likes to live there!" - Dee Hoty :-D

liotte Profile Photo
liotte
#8re: Tarzan on Good Morning America!
Posted: 5/9/06 at 5:04pm

Bumping up for tomorrow morning!

RentBoy86
#9re: Tarzan on Good Morning America!
Posted: 5/9/06 at 11:14pm

Anyone know what time this usually comes on? like what part of the show, that way i don't have to wake up at the crack of dawn to catch this.

Rentaholic2
#10re: Tarzan on Good Morning America!
Posted: 5/10/06 at 1:28am

yeah, what time?

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#11re: Tarzan on Good Morning America!
Posted: 5/10/06 at 1:53am

TARZAN ABC DISNEY
I feel for the actors who have to get at 8 Am
on their Opening nght

liotte Profile Photo
liotte
#12re: Tarzan on Good Morning America!
Posted: 5/10/06 at 1:58am

No kidding. I don't know if they are performing live, or if it's just a pretaped backstage tour and performance that is aired tomorrow.

Rentaholic2
#13re: Tarzan on Good Morning America!
Posted: 5/10/06 at 2:00am

but does anyone know what time during the show they'll be on? I can't seem to find a GMA "schedule"

liotte Profile Photo
liotte
#14re: Tarzan on Good Morning America!
Posted: 5/10/06 at 2:01am

From playbill.com:

On the day it officially opens at Broadway's Richard Rodgers Theatre, "Good Morning America" will feature a segment about the new Disney musical Tarzan.

The May 10 broadcast of the ABC-TV chat show will feature a backstage tour of the musical, led by composer Phil Collins, director/designer Bob Crowley and co-stars Josh Strickland and Jenn Gambatese. "Good Morning America" airs in the metropolitan area on ABC-TV Channel 7, from 7-9AM ET; check local listings.

MyMeredithMonster Profile Photo
MyMeredithMonster
#15re: Tarzan on Good Morning America!
Posted: 5/10/06 at 2:32am

Very cool. I'll be sure to tune in.

"Yeah, Clarissa, explain it all."

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#16re: Tarzan on Good Morning America!
Posted: 5/10/06 at 6:56am

Anyone watching right now?

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)

Me2 Profile Photo
Me2
#17re: Tarzan on Good Morning America!
Posted: 5/10/06 at 6:58am

I am! I have to tape it though because i need to leave in 10 minutes for damn jury duty. Atleast the jury duty is getting me awake early enough to start recording.

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#18re: Tarzan on Good Morning America!
Posted: 5/10/06 at 7:06am

Does it not start until 8?

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)

Me2 Profile Photo
Me2
#19re: Tarzan on Good Morning America!
Posted: 5/10/06 at 7:09am

no, it just started. I dont believe they've dont the tarzan stuff yet.

circusliz Profile Photo
circusliz
#20re: Tarzan on Good Morning America!
Posted: 5/10/06 at 9:32am

The spot was on at 8:40-ish ET. It was pre-taped (no live performances, which I guess is nice for the actors on opening night) and showed mostly snippets of the performers flying in and out. The piece was really about the technical work, although they did have a nice little interview with Phil Collins and a clip of Tarzan and Jane singing.

On the road of life, do not pause for suicidal chipmunks who freeze in your headlights, seeking death by your tires...

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#21re: Tarzan on Good Morning America!
Posted: 5/10/06 at 9:49am

Unfortunately I was asleep...does anyone know if there's a clip online?

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

mejusthavingfun Profile Photo
mejusthavingfun
#22re: Tarzan on Good Morning America!
Posted: 5/10/06 at 10:55am

Saw it too,,, I dont understand why Thomas Shumacher must constanly explain about the clipping of the harness and all that. Anyways it was fluff, same as the Phil Collins interview yesterday on NPR. Everything is carefully presented. The press materials for Lestat were much better.

DottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
#23re: Tarzan on Good Morning America!
Posted: 5/10/06 at 10:59am

It definitely didn't get me to want to see it. It just seemed like they were showing the same thing over and over again. Josh and Jenn did sound nice when they were singing together.

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany

CharlieBrown
#24re: Tarzan on Good Morning America!
Posted: 5/10/06 at 11:34am

Lest we forget: Good Morning America is on ABC, which is owned by Disney.

Watching any Disney news on ABC is a bit like living in the USSR and getting your news from Pravda.

FWIW: if you visit the GMA website, you can see the spot, but you have to be a registered ABCnews.com member. They do offer a 30 day free trial, if you're interested.

Videos