pixeltracker

Shows that left you in a mess of tears, unable to breathe nor stand up, and sobbing like a bitch?- Page 5

Shows that left you in a mess of tears, unable to breathe nor stand up, and sobbing like a bitch?

Mythus
#100re: Shows that left you in a mess of tears, unable to breathe nor stand up,
Posted: 5/20/06 at 4:26pm

I don't know if this counts, but after performing a 40-minute one-act play (Human*kind) at the preliminaries of a drama competition - we wrote the play, it's very emotional, about two families and the death penalty - the entire cast was an absolute wreck. That's 24 people, techies and actors combined, all sobbing. Plus the director and her friend and our party crew and the entire audience. And the lead, who plays a man on death row, is often so drained after performances that he can't stand up.

Does that count? I hope so.
Updated On: 5/20/06 at 04:26 PM

PalaceRent06 Profile Photo
PalaceRent06
#101re: Shows that left you in a mess of tears, unable to breathe nor stand up,
Posted: 5/20/06 at 4:36pm

ive never really cried while watching a show, but i havent seen that many tear jerking shows either...but while i was performing into the woods, during the finale when the bakers wife was singing to the baker i would always have tears running down my face and i would get all choked up, it would get complicated to get off my platform and then go sing "into the woods you go again..." and do the choreography (if you would call it that)

renthead333 Profile Photo
renthead333
#102re: Shows that left you in a mess of tears, unable to breathe nor stand up,
Posted: 5/20/06 at 4:37pm

wicked- for good & defying gravity

rent- no day but today

HatBoy
#103re: Shows that left you in a mess of tears, unable to breathe nor stand up,
Posted: 5/20/06 at 8:13pm

Not all bitches are in a mess of tears, unable to breathe nor stand up, and sobbing, you know.

...now under the user "aawolfe".

ILoveMyDictionary Profile Photo
ILoveMyDictionary
#104re: Shows that left you in a mess of tears, unable to breathe nor stand up,
Posted: 5/20/06 at 8:47pm

The only show I can remember crying at was Godspell...I'm wierd like that. Les Mis and Rent and Phantom of the Opera don't really do anything to me.....

mrslovett7
#105re: Shows that left you in a mess of tears, unable to breathe nor stand up,
Posted: 5/20/06 at 10:14pm

Light in the Piazza! omg for the last half an hour I was SOBBING. I was in the 3rd row and after when my friend and I went backstage to see Vicky I told her I couldn't stop crying and she was like, "Oh, I saw you! With your little tissue" haha. The score is just beautiful and so sad!

during Phantom I always shake and sob at the end.

The worst was Sweeney Todd. I was finally seeing my favorite show live and my favorite preformer (Patti) live and I was so close. So as soon as the music started up I started silently sobbing, shaking, and was unable to breath (all at the same time). Then when it ended I was walking down the stairs and almost fell like 4 times.

~H* "I slept through the nominations, as I always do. Anything I need to know, I'll find out when I get up at a reasonable hour!" -Michael Cerveris

ILoveMyDictionary Profile Photo
ILoveMyDictionary
#106re: Shows that left you in a mess of tears, unable to breathe nor stand up,
Posted: 5/20/06 at 10:34pm

Oh I forgot, I cried at the end of A Streetcar Named Desire, when Blanche was being taken to the asylum.

Elphaba Profile Photo
Elphaba
#107re: Shows that left you in a mess of tears, unable to breathe nor stand up,
Posted: 5/20/06 at 10:48pm

RENT.......I cannot watch it without crying.

It is ridiculous to set a detective story in New York City. New York City is itself a detective story... AGATHA CHRISTIE, Life magazine, May 14, 1956

marincrazy11 Profile Photo
marincrazy11
#108re: Shows that left you in a mess of tears, unable to breathe nor stand up,
Posted: 5/21/06 at 12:02am

I cried during Ragtime. I was so in love with the show before I even saw it and it didn't disappoint.

LIGHT IN THE PIAZZA. I told this to the cast members I met afterwords, but I've never reacted to a show like I did to that one. I literally was shaking for an hour afterwords. It took me a minute to stand at the end of it only because I wasn't sure my legs would hold me and I was in such a state of disbelief at the brilliance I had just seen. I was sobbing too. It was THE most powerful theatrical experience I have ever had.

"Did you know that if you take the first two vowels in Olive and rearrange them it spells I-Love?"-Spelling Bee "It's night like this that hotel bars were specifically made." Light In The Piazza

kaboodles041 Profile Photo
kaboodles041
#109re: Shows that left you in a mess of tears, unable to breathe nor stand up,
Posted: 6/3/06 at 10:24pm

Blood Brothers. Everytime I saw it, I was in a mess of tears.

Arghh! Grammar pet peeve #1: your vs you're. "Your" is a possessive pronoun. "You're" is the contraction of "you are." <<

#110re: Shows that left you in a mess of tears, unable to breathe nor stand up,
Posted: 6/3/06 at 10:28pm

Les Miz

and

Miss Saigon...this one got me good!!

bwayboi4life42 Profile Photo
bwayboi4life42
#111re: Shows that left you in a mess of tears, unable to breathe nor stand up,
Posted: 6/3/06 at 10:35pm

The Color Purple. I was a complete mess. Actually, I don't think I've cried this much in my life.

Funny Girl. The movie version. Just because Barbra Streisand is amazing and because My Man is such a powerful and moving song.

Parade. The end of the 1st act and the majority of the 2nd.

Sweeney Todd. Not that it's sad or anything, but just because I love Patti so much and I was sooooo close to her. Kind of creepy, I know.

Bare. Peter's confession and the finale.

"I believe that art does not exist only to entertain, but also to challenge one to think, to provoke, even to disturb, to engage in a constant search for the truth." - Barbra Streisand

StateOfJade Profile Photo
StateOfJade
#112re: Shows that left you in a mess of tears, unable to breathe nor stand up,
Posted: 6/3/06 at 10:39pm

The normal heart. Even the ushers were crying

"I really liked the show--Wish I saw Boy's Night...Am I allowed as I am not a boy anymore:)"-duffyny1

colleen_lee
#113re: Shows that left you in a mess of tears, unable to breathe nor stand up,
Posted: 6/3/06 at 10:42pm

RENT, but this was way back in the day when the show actually had passion and heart.

Now I cry, but it's usually from disappointment.

The finale of Les Mis gets me to tear up every single time, and I've seen the show an absurd number of times.

"You just can't win. Ever. Look at the bright side, at least you are not stuck in First Wives Club: The Musical. That would really suck. " --Sueleen Gay

ZONEACE
#114re: Shows that left you in a mess of tears, unable to breathe nor stand up,
Posted: 6/3/06 at 10:59pm

The last time I saw a professional production of Les Mis, it was almost the entire second act.

Oh and Feeling Electric, the entire second act. I was a blathering, inconsolable mess.

when ducks grow thumbs then maybe my opinion will change.

MissElphie Profile Photo
MissElphie
#115re: Shows that left you in a mess of tears, unable to breathe nor stand up,
Posted: 6/3/06 at 11:13pm

I cry a lot....so - Les mis, RENT, Blood Brothers, Miss Saigon, and Ragtime.

Bal
#116re: Shows that left you in a mess of tears, unable to breathe nor stand up,
Posted: 6/3/06 at 11:23pm

Before my post, I just want to say... Corine, you knew the thread wasn't a bragging ground for what shows you've seen and what special closing nights you've gotten to go to or what special theatrical knowledge you have... you *know* that. I found your posts to be kind of arrogant. I usually don't say anything when you post about all the people you know, like having met someone is incredibly incredible, but... come on. This wasn't the place.

Anyways. The only time I've sobbed *uncontrollably* during a show is when I saw Les Miserables in london three years ago. Funnily enough, it wasn't the moments most of the rest of you had brought up; I was set off by Gavroche's death.

Hmm.

I have also cried at the death of Angel during the Troika tour of RENT, and a lot of random songs from cast recordings depending on what's going on in my life at the time.

I find this thread fascinating. re: Shows that left you in a mess of tears, unable to breathe nor stand up,

"Well, obviously Company is about the Kennedy family. Bobby is played by Raul, and JFK is played by Harvey Fierstein." -vfd88

JustABroadwaybaby2
#117re: Shows that left you in a mess of tears, unable to breathe nor stand up,
Posted: 6/3/06 at 11:25pm

I'll Cover you reprise in RENT (well,duh)
LITP was phenominal
And I don't care if anyone here didn't like it, I was sobbing and sobbing after Little Women.
TCP, too, now that I think about it...

"I'm thinking about how if you took the W in answer, and the H in ghost, and the extra A in aardvark, and the T in listen, you could keep saying WHAT but no one would ever hear you because the whole word would be silent." Please support BC/EFA at goodsearch.com! Search for anything, and your charity will get a cent!

Horton Profile Photo
Horton
#118re: Shows that left you in a mess of tears, unable to breathe nor stand up,
Posted: 6/3/06 at 11:37pm

Light in the Piazza, Victoria Clark singing fable it looked like I was doing crack when I left the theater i was so red from crying, but the worst ever was the new Sweeney Todd, I was just so in awe. and lets not forget how amazing this show is. Seeing it, words dont do it justice.

Johnnytoc
#119re: Shows that left you in a mess of tears, unable to breathe nor stand up,
Posted: 6/4/06 at 12:46am

The current production of Sunday in the Park with George in London, at the end of both acts I was a mess.

KJisgroovy Profile Photo
KJisgroovy
#120re: Shows that left you in a mess of tears, unable to breathe nor stand up,
Posted: 6/4/06 at 1:02am

If we're talking BIG mess...

Medea-with Fiona Shaw

Sunday in the Park...-Everytime I see this show... WHERE EVER I see this show... At Chicago Shakes... at Ravinia with Audra... on DVD... SOBBING... at the end of ACT 1 and ACT 2

Rent-on Broadway and the first national tour in Chicago... a wreck... you know when... no other times have done it for me.

Miss Saigon- Again, everytime I've seen it... On Broadway, National Tour, Mariott Lincolnshire... and when I listen to it in my car... both the OLC and the Symphonic Cast

Death of Salesman- Goodman Revival... I embarrased myself.

Billy Elliot- The first time I listened to the OLC... The Letter... drowned in tears.

Phantom of the Opera- "It's over now... The Music of the Night..." and that mask... and meg... alone... first three times... National Tour, National Tour, and Broadway... I was a limp rag.

'Night Mother- Broadway revival. Couldn't see. Eyes burning.

and oddly enough...

Pacific Overtures-WTF? Next... it gets me every time... I think it's just the power of it... right when he says... "Welcome to Japan" Got me in the Garry Griffin Chicago Shakes production... and the Broadway revival. Who knew?

kmc

Jesus saves. I spend.

hermionejuliet Profile Photo
hermionejuliet
#121re: Shows that left you in a mess of tears, unable to breathe nor stand up,
Posted: 6/4/06 at 1:13am

Not to beat a dead horse, but Rent. Even if it's not a stellar cast, it takes ALOT for me NOT to cry during Rent.

I was pleasantly surprised that I cried for a good deal of the second act of Little Women. Just saw it on tour, and some of the songs were just beautiful.

Aida - I saw a local production by the Uptown Players in Dallas. I was actually depressed the next day, too.

The Diary of Anne Frank.

Angels in America.

So, that was the Drowsy Chaperone. Oh, I love it so much. I know it's not a perfect show...but it does what a musical is supposed to do. It takes you to another world, and it gives you a little tune to carry with you in your head for when you're feeling blue. Ya know?

helloagain
#122re: Shows that left you in a mess of tears, unable to breathe nor stand up,
Posted: 6/4/06 at 1:30am

When I saw the Recent Sunday in the park in the very small Menier Theater I was Crying my eyes out, it helped that the two men who wrote it were sitting next to me, also weeping I couldn’t get up to give them a standing ovation took a while before I could rise.

I also was crying during Grey Gardens throughout especially as she uttered her last “Will You” and throughout “Another winter in a summer town”

And in Light in the piazza during most of the show during “Fable” I couldn’t see anything my eyes were watering so much.

Two films one that was a filming of a play and one that was a play turned into a movie:

Passion, Donna murphy put me in a mess that role dose, Maria Friedman would have had I not been so young when I saw it (the actual show in London)

Angels in America (I was crying nuff said)

warehaustheatre
#123re: Shows that left you in a mess of tears, unable to breathe nor stand up,
Posted: 6/4/06 at 2:01am

Performing in Rent
Performing in Into The Woods
The first time I listened to the Parade soundtrack... from the funeral sequence to the very end...
Every time I've seen The Laramie Project
Listening to Falsettoland... once...

iluvtheatertrash
#124re: Shows that left you in a mess of tears, unable to breathe nor stand up,
Posted: 6/4/06 at 2:07am

Frozen and The Pillowman

"I know now that theatre saved my life." - Susan Stroman

Videos