What happened to Faith Prince?

OOTI2004 Profile Photo
OOTI2004
#0What happened to Faith Prince?
Posted: 8/26/06 at 3:28pm

Does anyone think she will be returning to Broadway soon, and if so what would you like to see her in?

Smaxie Profile Photo
Smaxie
#1re: What happened to Faith Prince?
Posted: 8/26/06 at 3:34pm

Would have loved to see what she might have done with Mrs. Lovett.

Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end: then stop.

Chanticleer148 Profile Photo
Chanticleer148
#2re: What happened to Faith Prince?
Posted: 8/26/06 at 3:35pm

Faith Prince is stunning. Her performance of Mrs. Anna was moving.

Smaxie Profile Photo
Smaxie
#3re: What happened to Faith Prince?
Posted: 8/26/06 at 3:40pm

Yes... I really liked her Anna as well. She's never quite found anything after Guys & Dolls that has shown her off to best advantage.

TomMonster Profile Photo
TomMonster
#4re: What happened to Faith Prince?
Posted: 8/26/06 at 4:24pm

After "Guys & Dolls" she did "Little Me" with Martin Short and IMO was wonderful!!

"It's not so much do what you like, as it is that you like what you do." SS

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana." GMarx

SueleenGay Profile Photo
SueleenGay
#5re: What happened to Faith Prince?
Posted: 8/26/06 at 4:29pm

If Ebersole ever leaves Grey Gardens?

PEACE.

Smaxie Profile Photo
Smaxie
#6re: What happened to Faith Prince?
Posted: 8/26/06 at 4:38pm

No one ever leaves Grey Gardens!

TomMonster Profile Photo
TomMonster
#7re: What happened to Faith Prince?
Posted: 8/26/06 at 4:39pm

HaHaHa, very funny Smaxie! re: What happened to Faith Prince?

"It's not so much do what you like, as it is that you like what you do." SS

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana." GMarx

jimnysf
#8re: What happened to Faith Prince?
Posted: 8/26/06 at 4:45pm

She's in "Material Girls" with the Duffs and "Our Very Own" with Jaon Ritter and Cheryl Hines. Get back to Broadway soon, Faith.

It's kind of sad to think of her appearing in places like these:

August 25th: The Cleveland Mariott where she will be part of a gala "honoring the President and CEO of..."

Sept 16
Warsaw Community High School
Warsaw, IN

Oct 14
Cincinnati
The Westin Hotel

http://www.faithprince.com/

"I've lost everything! Luis, Marty, my baby with Chris, Chris himself, James. All I ever wanted was love." --Sheridan Crane "Passions" ------- "Housework is like bad sex. Every time I do it, I swear I'll never do it again til the next time company comes."--"Lulu" from "Can't Stop The Music" ----- "When the right doors didn't open for him, he went through the wrong ones" - "Sweet Bird of Youth" ------------ --------- "Passions" is uncancelled! See NBC.com for more info.

Mirth Profile Photo
Mirth
#9re: What happened to Faith Prince?
Posted: 8/26/06 at 10:18pm

Did anyone here see her in The Bells Are Ringing a few years ago?

cate_w
#10re: What happened to Faith Prince?
Posted: 8/26/06 at 10:23pm

I loved her in Bells are Ringing! She was wonderful. I also loved her in Noises Off. She is so talented.

apdarcey
#11re: What happened to Faith Prince?
Posted: 8/26/06 at 11:10pm

she never found anything after guys and dolls? i beg to differ. not only the things everyone else has said, but i'd like to add a man of no importance.

OOTI2004 Profile Photo
OOTI2004
#12re: What happened to Faith Prince?
Posted: 8/26/06 at 11:46pm

Has anyone heard her on the Breakfast at Tiffany's recording. I never knew there was one, but I just got it and I'll be listening to it soon. I was just excited to find a recording of the show with her. That might be interesting to see on Broadway in a little while with serious book work.

Heybeenfood Profile Photo
Heybeenfood
#13re: What happened to Faith Prince?
Posted: 8/27/06 at 12:00am

she has been on TV programs like Monk and Huff. She was amazing in Huff. I reccomend both seasons to fans of Faith Prince

FosseBoi
#14re: What happened to Faith Prince?
Posted: 8/27/06 at 12:02am

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is so weird that I just saw this thread because I just read that she is comming to my town(Rome, GA) for an indi film that she was in that is apart of a film festival going on in September!! AHHH!!!! She is going to be doing a thing for a local college and its open to the public and its during the time I'm in school. Luckly, my dad is totally letting me go!!!!

Sorry for all of the "!!!!!"s, I'm just really excited.

"I've always secretly longed for an actress to get to the top of the cherry picker and projectile vomit all over the guards below."- Wonderwaiter in the "Defy Gravity?" thread. ~~~~~~~~My dream? Sutton Foster as Cassie in A Chorus Line

Smaxie Profile Photo
Smaxie
#15re: What happened to Faith Prince?
Posted: 8/27/06 at 12:05am

I didn't say "She did Guys & Dolls and never worked again," apdarcey. But around the time of Guys & Dolls, she seemed poised for musical theatre stardom, but instead, she had a role in a failed sitcom, came in as a replacement in The King & I, had some minor roles in a few shows, and headlined the misbegotten Bells are Ringing revival (the failings of which I don't hold against her). And her name never gets mentioned in these casting threads of "Who Should Star in Hello, Dolly?" and the like, despite her talent.

jewishboy Profile Photo
jewishboy
#16re: What happened to Faith Prince?
Posted: 8/27/06 at 12:19am

I agree with Smaxie about Ms. Prince playing Mrs. Lovett. I have never been that fond of her and I think the only role she ever really impressed me with is Tessie Tura in Jerome Robbin's Broadway and her great duet with Jason Alexander, I Still Get Jelous. But, I do think she would make an increadible Mrs. Lovett, with the Harold Prince staging please. I have always wanted to she her comic timing in that role.

Jon
#17re: What happened to Faith Prince?
Posted: 8/27/06 at 12:23am

Smaxie, I beg to differ. I mention her name every time someone starts a "Who should play Dolly" thread. I suggested her for Papermill.

maybethistime
#18re: What happened to Faith Prince?
Posted: 8/27/06 at 12:35am

She should be looking into for a role in FIRST WIVES CLUB- if that EVER happens. IMO, she'd be a great Brenda.

TonyaFanatic Profile Photo
TonyaFanatic
#19re: What happened to Faith Prince?
Posted: 8/27/06 at 12:55am

she's brilliant on "Huff".

"Girl, this cupcake is the jumpoff"- Adriane Lenox

Heybeenfood Profile Photo
Heybeenfood
#20re: What happened to Faith Prince?
Posted: 10/20/06 at 5:21pm

She was great on last night's episode of Grey's Anatomy. I guess she is becoming a television actress.

MusicAndPassion Profile Photo
MusicAndPassion
#21re: What happened to Faith Prince?
Posted: 10/20/06 at 5:35pm

She was quite good on last night's episode, and she did well with the "object" stuck in here. She's pretty funny & very serious. I'd like to see her on more television.

SDav 10495 Profile Photo
SDav 10495
#22re: What happened to Faith Prince?
Posted: 10/20/06 at 5:41pm

I saw her at the Sondheim 75th birthday concert up at Tanglewood last summer--only time I've ever seen her live, and she was fantastic. It was a terrific concert (also featured Marin Mazzie and Gregg Edelman)...I hope that if she's not doing any full-scale productions in the near future she at least gets more gigs like that. She's a great performer.

"If there is going to be a restoration fee, there should also be a Renaissance fee, a Middle Ages fee and a Dark Ages fee. Someone must have men in the back room making up names, euphemisms for profit." (Emanuel Azenberg)

gettinhep Profile Photo
gettinhep
#23re: What happened to Faith Prince?
Posted: 10/20/06 at 5:53pm

She brought her cabaret act to Australia a few months ago. It played intimate venues.

'Try not to have a good time...this is supposed to be educational.' - Lucy Van Pelt

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#24re: What happened to Faith Prince?
Posted: 10/20/06 at 9:28pm

I think she only appeared in Season 2 of Huff

Poster Emeritus