pixeltracker

Goodbye DRS "It's a shame it couldn't last"- Page 3

Goodbye DRS "It's a shame it couldn't last"

SirLiir Profile Photo
SirLiir
#50re: Goodbye DRS
Posted: 9/3/06 at 9:24pm

If the DRS Tour goes well and continues for over a year, acquiring her as Muriel further down the line would be a sparkling jewel in their crown (or tiara).

All_For_Laura Profile Photo
All_For_Laura
#51re: Goodbye DRS
Posted: 9/3/06 at 9:27pm

I had such a fun time and the producers speech was really emotional. I saw a lot of you guys at the stagedoor. Lucie was truly terrific. I was impressed with her. Sherie and Sara shined as always. I was very impressed. I loved hearing Sherie's "Here I Am" live! Her belt was quite awesome with a nice little slide at the end! And the show was just great!

...What happened next, was stranger still, a woman breathless and afraid, appeared out of the night, completely dressed in white. She had a secret she would tell, of one who had mistreated her. Her face and frightened gaze, my mind cannot erase...But then she ran from view. She looked so much like you...

rose_pearl Profile Photo
rose_pearl
#52re: Goodbye DRS
Posted: 9/3/06 at 9:28pm

EEK! Yay for reviews! Thanks guys! That woman...ugh.

So how were Brian, Keith, Sherie, Sara, and Lucie [if they were all there]at the stage door? Did they seem REALLY bummed? I would have given anything to be there...*tears*

~*Sara*~

Who would play you in the movie? "Taye Diggs." --Brian d'Arcy James

DRSisLove Profile Photo
DRSisLove
#53re: Goodbye DRS
Posted: 9/3/06 at 9:37pm

"I got to see it with the original cast expect for Sarah, Mylinda Hall was in as Jolene.
I fell in love with Jonathan as Laurence and Norbert as Freddie. "

You mean except for Sara and John.

Jonathan Pryce wasn't in the original, although, he was better.

ILoveWicked330
#54re: Goodbye DRS
Posted: 9/3/06 at 9:40pm

Did anybody else notice that on the page in the Playbill where it lists everybodys name (the very 1st page that lists about DRS), it says:

Sara?Gettelfinger (with the "?" in place)

...picts are uploaded from today

All_For_Laura
#55re: Goodbye DRS
Posted: 9/3/06 at 9:42pm

They were all very rushed and overwhelmed at the stagedoor, because after all, it was a stampede of people! Lucie was the sweetest and she even signed my Witches of Eastwick c.d. Sherie and Keith were very rushed, and Brian was really nice. David Yazbeck came out and signed and he was awesome. A really nice guy. So Much Fun!

...What happened next, was stranger still, a woman breathless and afraid, appeared out of the night, completely dressed in white. She had a secret she would tell, of one who had mistreated her. Her face and frightened gaze, my mind cannot erase...But then she ran from view. She looked so much like you...

bwayondabrain
#56re: Goodbye DRS
Posted: 9/3/06 at 9:43pm

id love to see the pics, ilovewicked!
:)

EponineAmneris Profile Photo
EponineAmneris
#57re: Goodbye DRS
Posted: 9/3/06 at 9:44pm

Thank you for the reviews. I wish I could have been there re: Goodbye DRS

But I would have been an emotional wreck. I cried and cried at the closing of LES MIZ. I was happy to have been there to see the show and be there in person. I swore I'd die of heartbreak... But since I lived to see it return, I suppose I can survive DRS closing... as much as I hate it re: Goodbye DRS

"TO LOVE ANOTHER PERSON IS TO SEE THE FACE OF GOD"- LES MISERABLES--- "THERE'S A SPECIAL KIND OF PEOPLE KNOWN AS SHOW PEOPLE... WE'RE BORN EVERY NIGHT AT HALF HOUR CALL!"--- CURTAINS

rose_pearl Profile Photo
rose_pearl
#58re: Goodbye DRS
Posted: 9/3/06 at 9:44pm

^ ditto! = ]

~*Sara*~

Who would play you in the movie? "Taye Diggs." --Brian d'Arcy James

Dirty Rotten Scoundrel
#59re: Goodbye DRS
Posted: 9/3/06 at 9:47pm

Am I the only one who feels as if the show closed back in July when Norbert, Greg, and Jon left? I don't know. It's as if the magic's gone...judging by the [partially] knew cast that I got to see at Greg's last. I mean, I LOVE the show. But there's just something...missing.

WithoutATrace Profile Photo
WithoutATrace
#60re: Goodbye DRS
Posted: 9/3/06 at 9:51pm

No, you are not the only one...

Copeman63 Profile Photo
Copeman63
#61re: Goodbye DRS
Posted: 9/3/06 at 9:52pm

Yeah, Richard Kind was completely miscast... I'm a light tech and can do a more realistic french accent... Hopefully they won't cast him in Spamalot... Not that Carridine's accent was any better...

If Lincoln were alive today, do you think he'd be pleased with his tunnel?

Mamie Profile Photo
Mamie
#62re: Goodbye DRS
Posted: 9/3/06 at 9:54pm

It's why I had no desire to go back and see it again, Liz. The show ended for me on 7/23.

www.thebreastcancersite.com
A click for life.
mamie4 5/14/03

#63re: Goodbye DRS
Posted: 9/3/06 at 9:56pm

I saw the show in previews and didn't get it. I'm surprised that it ran as long as it did re: Goodbye DRS

Dirty Rotten Scoundrel
#64re: Goodbye DRS
Posted: 9/3/06 at 9:58pm

It's why I had no desire to go back and see it again, Liz. The show ended for me on 7/23.

Same here, Mamie. Exactly.

I actually did feel that the show closing didn't mean as much as Brian and Keith than it would have to Norbert.

I agree completely. I don't think that they were in it long enough for it to be realllly emotional. That's not their fault, of course, it's just how it turned out.

Marguerite Chauvelin
#65re: Goodbye DRS
Posted: 9/3/06 at 10:11pm

Thanks for the pics, ILoveWicked330. I'm glad I got to see this with Jonathan, Greg, and Norbert. I can't wait for the tour re: Goodbye DRS

If Percy Blakeney were in Les Mis....

Percy: Sink me! If it isn't Javvurt!
Javert: Zsah-vair, it's pronounced Zsah-vair.
Pecry: But it's spelled J-A-V-E-R-T Javvurt.
Javert: Repeat after me Zsah...Zsah....
Percy: Oh! Zsa-Zsa! Like the Gabor sister! Well I personally have always prefered Eva.
Javert: (Looks for gun)

SirLiir Profile Photo
SirLiir
#66re: Goodbye DRS
Posted: 9/3/06 at 10:20pm

"I saw the show in previews and didn't get it. I'm surprised that it ran as long as it did"

Just because you didn't like it doesn't mean that other people didn't. :)

JamesMacon Profile Photo
JamesMacon
#67re: Goodbye DRS
Posted: 9/3/06 at 10:20pm

Great pics!

I actually saw someone I recognized in one of the pictures. He was wearing a green polo and getting something signed by Keith. He was there when I did stage door for DRS back in June.

All_For_Laura
#68re: Goodbye DRS
Posted: 9/3/06 at 10:27pm

I love how I'm in two pics, both being blocked by Sherie Rene! Lol! The one where she is signing on my side, yeah im in the black shorts and white shoes. I saw you there in your molina t-shirt which i also have. I was in the maroon roots zip and black shorts. hehe. I'm famous. I have some pics of the stage and marquee etc that ill post soon.

SDav 10495 Profile Photo
SDav 10495
#69re: Goodbye DRS
Posted: 9/3/06 at 10:29pm

Thanks for the pics, ILoveWicked330! Wish I could have been there. Or I wish I could at least have seen it one last time. Even though I only ever saw the final cast live, DRS won me over and I'll miss it (though I'm still kicking myself for missing the Norbert boat all those times I could have seen him). Farewell...have a nice tour.

"If there is going to be a restoration fee, there should also be a Renaissance fee, a Middle Ages fee and a Dark Ages fee. Someone must have men in the back room making up names, euphemisms for profit." (Emanuel Azenberg)

neddyfrank2
#70re: Goodbye DRS
Posted: 9/3/06 at 10:32pm

Aren't Lucy Arnez and Richard Kind Married?

All_For_Laura
#71re: Goodbye DRS
Posted: 9/3/06 at 10:36pm

No

Dirty Rotten Scoundrel
#72re: Goodbye DRS
Posted: 9/3/06 at 10:37pm

No. From IBDb: Wife of Laurence Luckinbill (1980 - present).

WesternSky2 Profile Photo
WesternSky2
#73re: Goodbye DRS
Posted: 9/3/06 at 10:41pm

Well, the show was amazing, and so sad. My 14th and last time. My 2nd time seeing Brian and Keith, first time seeing Richard.

I won't go into details since most details have been said already. But it was a memorable show, and I'm really sad to see the show go..

wickedrentq Profile Photo
wickedrentq
#74re: Goodbye DRS
Posted: 9/4/06 at 12:24am

What..a day.

I've already reviewed this cast, as have others, so no need to mention that.

Umm...what Lucie and Rachel did was adorable.

It was really cool to acknowledge Sherie and Rachel as being with the show from its first workshop. They also asked anyone who had been with the show since the beginning in San Diego to step forward. They also brought out David Yazbek, Jeffrey Lane, and Jack O'Brien had to drag out a shy Jerry Mitchell. (All 4 plus Marty Bell were carousing outside 46th Street during intermission--really cool to watch).

They brought out all the crew and again, cast members had to run to the wings to get them to come out. So cute.

Umm, they thanked audience members who had seen the show 8, 10, 12 times (that's it?), Brian, Keith and Richard for "taking a chance", mentioned all the former amazing cast members, pit, designers, etc.

I was very glad that despite the mobbed stage door, I found a perfect street-spot where I was able to catch every single ensemble member to say one final great job and thank you.

And Tom signed soo many autographs, yay Tom!

Really glad I missed this lady. I would have not been thrilled with her.

Umm..this is gonna sound really dorky, but...I started crying during Love Sneaks In b/c...I started thinking that...my love for this show...snuck in. Yeah, I'm weird. But even like DRN didn't hold the same emphasis b/c it was Keith and Brian; I was thinking about it more in terms of the show than them.

Still...amazing show. It sure was fun.

"If there was a Mount Rushmore for Broadway scores, "West Side Story" would be front and center. It snaps, it crackles it pops! It surges with a roar, its energy and sheer life undiminished by the years" - NYPost reviewer Elisabeth Vincentelli