Who will play Ariel?

shiksa_goddess Profile Photo
shiksa_goddess
#125re: Who will play Ariel?
Posted: 9/8/06 at 2:02pm

I think she would be a divine Ariel. Whoever plays Eric would be lucky to have her!

Princeton78 Profile Photo
Princeton78
#126re: Who will play Ariel?
Posted: 9/8/06 at 2:30pm

re: Who will play Ariel?

A redhead huh?...Hmm..

"Y'all have a GRAND day now"

theaterdude87 Profile Photo
theaterdude87
#127re: Who will play Ariel?
Posted: 9/8/06 at 4:46pm

my vote goes for kerry butler

for fierce, fabulous and fun times visit eric mathew's world. http://ericmathew.blogspot.com/

Blanche Profile Photo
Blanche
#128re: Who will play Ariel?
Posted: 9/10/06 at 10:33am

I don't think she'd leave Phantom right now, but here is your perfect Ariel.
Jennifer Hope Wills

#129re: Who will play Ariel?
Posted: 9/10/06 at 10:43am

Kathy Najimy

IdinaRocks Profile Photo
IdinaRocks
#130re: Who will play Ariel?
Posted: 9/10/06 at 10:55am

i think everything about celia would be perfect for the role.

VonTussleGirl Profile Photo
VonTussleGirl
#131re: Who will play Ariel?
Posted: 9/10/06 at 2:03pm

I like the Lauren Ambrose suggestion - she's very youthful-looking and a natural redhead to boot...

NewYorkYankee2006 Profile Photo
NewYorkYankee2006
#132re: Who will play Ariel?
Posted: 9/10/06 at 4:45pm

jennifer hope wills could be good as ariel as she has a good voice, but i don't think she could pull off the role of ariel. Celia Keenan-Bolger, would be perfect for the role as she is young, talented and the look of ariel. rumours were that she was tied to the project.

MrMidwest Profile Photo
MrMidwest
#133re: Who will play Ariel?
Posted: 9/10/06 at 7:51pm

Mandy

Anneliese

Amy Jo

"The gods who nurse this universe think little of mortals' cares. They sit in crowds on exclusive clouds and laugh at our love affairs. I might have had a real romance if they'd given me a chance. I loved him, but he didn't love me. I wanted him, but he didn't want me. Then the gods had a spree and indulged in another whim. Now he loves me, but I don't love him." - Cole Porter

BwayBaby18 Profile Photo
BwayBaby18
#134re: Who will play Ariel?
Posted: 9/10/06 at 8:01pm

No Kate Reidners..... You can't play Ariel like Dainty June!
She sure as hell plays Glinda like it.....

Rachel York! She looks fabulous as a redhead!

MrMidwest Profile Photo
MrMidwest
#135re: Who will play Ariel?
Posted: 9/10/06 at 8:44pm

Did anyone just see Kate Mara (Heath Ledger's daughter in Brokeback Moutain) sing the national anthem on tv? She might be good.

"The gods who nurse this universe think little of mortals' cares. They sit in crowds on exclusive clouds and laugh at our love affairs. I might have had a real romance if they'd given me a chance. I loved him, but he didn't love me. I wanted him, but he didn't want me. Then the gods had a spree and indulged in another whim. Now he loves me, but I don't love him." - Cole Porter

whatyouown223 Profile Photo
whatyouown223
#136re: Who will play Ariel?
Posted: 9/10/06 at 8:49pm

I'm actually really liking the idea of Celia as Ariel. She can play both cutesy roles (spelling bee)and ingenues (Piazza) making the transition of sporty Ariel into the beautiful bride Ariel great.

#137re: Who will play Ariel?
Posted: 9/10/06 at 8:50pm

kerry
katie clarke
celia
and if they want a real 16 year old... ME! but i'm just throwin that out there (:

missyrose87
#138re: Who will play Ariel?
Posted: 9/10/06 at 11:19pm

I actually think Annaleise would make a perfect Ariel- I never thought of her in that role before

LaVieHilary Profile Photo
LaVieHilary
#139re: Who will play Ariel?
Posted: 9/11/06 at 12:05am

totally aggree annelise is already involved with Disney so that's a big possibility.
Celia After Les Mis

I could see Elena Shadow after the Light in the Piazza Tour

-------------------------
Light in the Piazza with Megan and Emi
"Girl you got money runnin' in yo bloodline."-Carl the Bartender

MrMidwest Profile Photo
MrMidwest
#140re: Who will play Ariel?
Posted: 9/18/06 at 11:32am

Not sure if she would want TLM to be her Broadway debut, but I could see her in it.

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#141re: Who will play Ariel?
Posted: 9/18/06 at 11:47am

I think the role should go to Ashlee Simpson or Lindsay Lohan or Hillary Duff.

"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello

Jilani
#142re: Who will play Ariel?
Posted: 9/18/06 at 11:53am

When I saw Ashley Brown in On the Record, I remember thinking she would be great for Ariel based on her performance of the Little Mermaid songs. Of course, that was before she was tapped to play Belle and now Mary Poppins, so she might want to branch out of the Disney heroine mold . . .
Updated On: 9/18/06 at 11:53 AM

jimnysf
#143re: Who will play Ariel?
Posted: 9/18/06 at 11:55am

"I've lost everything! Luis, Marty, my baby with Chris, Chris himself, James. All I ever wanted was love." --Sheridan Crane "Passions" ------- "Housework is like bad sex. Every time I do it, I swear I'll never do it again til the next time company comes."--"Lulu" from "Can't Stop The Music" ----- "When the right doors didn't open for him, he went through the wrong ones" - "Sweet Bird of Youth" ------------ --------- "Passions" is uncancelled! See NBC.com for more info.

mejusthavingfun Profile Photo
mejusthavingfun
#144re: Who will play Ariel?
Posted: 9/20/06 at 2:09pm

Sorry so funny, had to post it twice.

Broadway Baby4 Profile Photo
Broadway Baby4
#145re: Who will play Ariel?
Posted: 9/23/06 at 3:54pm

I like the idea of Celia being Ariel. I think she would have fun being a disney fairy-tale character.

Dollypop
#146re: Who will play Ariel?
Posted: 9/23/06 at 8:39pm

Estelle Getty

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#147re: Who will play Ariel?
Posted: 9/23/06 at 9:06pm

Madonna

Just give the world Love.
Updated On: 9/23/06 at 09:06 PM

Mattbrain
#148re: Who will play Ariel?
Posted: 9/30/06 at 10:17pm

I agree with Folkyboy...I absolutely love Celia, and she is very talented, but she just kind of has a distinct, unique look to her that I don't think would go well with Ariel.

Well, Ariel is a very unique woman/fish.

Butters, go buy World of Warcraft, install it on your computer, and join the online sensation before we all murder you. --Cartman: South Park ATTENTION FANS: I will be played by James Barbour in the upcoming musical, "BroadwayWorld: The Musical."

americanboy99 Profile Photo
americanboy99
#149re: Who will play Ariel?
Posted: 9/30/06 at 10:22pm

KELLI O'HARA!

Videos