pixeltracker

Wicked Kendra Question (I know you're thinking not another one)

Wicked Kendra Question (I know you're thinking not another one)

Horton Profile Photo
Horton
#1Wicked Kendra Question (I know you're thinking not another one)
Posted: 12/17/06 at 8:34am

I dont ask Wicked questions, because I usually dont care, but I have to ask, when Kendra gets to broadway will she be contracted for 8 shows a week, or like on tour only 6. Cause if she only does 6 then she is one of two performers that has to only do 6 (the other being christine in POTO)

Yankeefan007
#2re: Wicked Kendra Question (I know you're thinking not another one)
Posted: 12/17/06 at 8:59am

One would assume 8. Wicked on Broadway doesn't strike me as a show that would contract for 6 shows....

Horton Profile Photo
Horton
#2re: Wicked Kendra Question (I know you're thinking not another one)
Posted: 12/17/06 at 9:28am

But she was contracted for 6 on tour, because she couldnt handle 8. Whu could she suddenly handle it.

pippin2 Profile Photo
pippin2
#3re: Wicked Kendra Question (I know you're thinking not another one)
Posted: 12/17/06 at 10:59am

I have always found the casting of Kendra as Glinda to be a little odd. Although she is very funny, she is essentially an alto trying to sing a role written for a soprano.

Horton Profile Photo
Horton
DRSisLove Profile Photo
DRSisLove
#5re: Wicked Kendra Question (I know you're thinking not another one)
Posted: 12/17/06 at 11:56am

I thought she sounded great as Glinda, 'cuz it was a bit different.

I hope she does all 8 shows, because I really don't want to miss her when I see it in April.

Becoz_i_knew_you21 Profile Photo
Becoz_i_knew_you21
#6re: Wicked Kendra Question (I know you're thinking not another one)
Posted: 12/17/06 at 1:24pm

I thought she did all 8 shows on tour. I thought it was Julia who did 6 shows.

AnaGFan
#7re: Wicked Kendra Question (I know you're thinking not another one)
Posted: 12/17/06 at 2:37pm

JLY in jersey boys only has to do 6.

Maybe Kendra will do only 6. I don't know about Kate's contract but she seemed to be out a lot of times.

Horton Profile Photo
Horton
#8re: Wicked Kendra Question (I know you're thinking not another one)
Posted: 12/17/06 at 3:58pm

Well, Kendra was excempt from all mattines, as was Steph, and Julia. However Shoshana and Meghan have to do 8.

JustChillin8908
#9re: Wicked Kendra Question (I know you're thinking not another one)
Posted: 12/17/06 at 4:17pm

"she is essentially an alto trying to sing a role written for a soprano."

It's kinda sad that she doesn't even sing her last note in "Thank Goodness".

Popular Profile Photo
Popular
#10re: Wicked Kendra Question (I know you're thinking not another one)
Posted: 12/17/06 at 4:23pm

Touring is a lot harder on a performer's body. Hopefully staying in one place will make it easier to get through 8 shows a week if that is indeed what she's contracted to do. You all will enjoy her, she's a hilarious Glinda!

Horton - where did you get your facts about them being exempt from matinees? I was only able to play the lottery on the weekends (mostly matinees) and Steph was in almost every time I won.

WickedOne2 Profile Photo
WickedOne2
#11re: Wicked Kendra Question (I know you're thinking not another one)
Posted: 12/17/06 at 4:24pm

O/T BUT JLY did all 8 shows his first year and his role is much more demanding than Glinda.

"I wish the stage were as narrow as the wire of a tightrope dancer, so that no incompetent would dare step upon it." Goethe

WickedGeek28 Profile Photo
WickedGeek28
#12re: Wicked Kendra Question (I know you're thinking not another one)
Posted: 12/17/06 at 4:32pm

Correction: JLY said he is contracted to 7 and can miss one show per week at his leisure.

If this did change, I aplogize.

And the first year was in November or so - and over the summer and after the Tony's he wasn't in a lot and took time off more than a vacation.

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view - until you climb into his skin and walk around in it."
To Kill A Mockingbird

JamesMacon Profile Photo
JamesMacon
#13re: Wicked Kendra Question (I know you're thinking not another one)
Posted: 12/17/06 at 4:35pm

Has anyone in Wicked on Broadway only done 6 shows a week?

TWSFan4Ever Profile Photo
TWSFan4Ever
#14re: Wicked Kendra Question (I know you're thinking not another one)
Posted: 12/17/06 at 4:50pm

I always thought Kendra did all 8 shows on the tour because my friend saw a matinee when it was in Pittsburgh last February and she saw Kendra...

Horton Profile Photo
Horton
#15re: Wicked Kendra Question (I know you're thinking not another one)
Posted: 12/17/06 at 6:33pm

Kendra was allowed to miss two shows a week, I should have been clearer, she usually missed mattines, but often would miss night shows.

Popular Profile Photo
Popular
#16re: Wicked Kendra Question (I know you're thinking not another one)
Posted: 12/17/06 at 7:25pm

It seemed to me, at least in L.A., that they alternated on 2 show days so that one of the leads were always in. The rest of the week they did both shows together. I don't recall them both being out for the same show very often.

And once again, I'm only talking about the beginning of the tour before Stephanie was back on an 8 show/week schedule. As far as matinee vs. evening goes, I recall her saying that sometimes medical appt's dictated which show she'd miss out on. It's not that one is more or less important.

Anyway, Kendra, Julia, and Sebastian should make a fantastic trio! I wish them all the best :)

actor
#17re: Wicked Kendra Question (I know you're thinking not another one)
Posted: 12/17/06 at 7:41pm

It's Wicked on Broadway...it had better be 8.

pants2 Profile Photo
pants2
#18re: Wicked Kendra Question (I know you're thinking not another one)
Posted: 12/17/06 at 7:59pm

well eden missed a alot of shows, like not often though..... its was like 8-8-7-8-5-6-8-5-7-8 so every once in a while she'd let herself go

Can, can I have it?

ThankstoPhantom
#19re: Wicked Kendra Question (I know you're thinking not another one)
Posted: 12/17/06 at 9:05pm

Julia did 6 shows on tour after a time because of vocal problems...doctor's orders...

We'll see if she still needs that in a couple of weeks.

How to properly use its/it's: Its is the possessive. It's is the contraction for it is...

JamesMacon Profile Photo
JamesMacon
#20re: Wicked Kendra Question (I know you're thinking not another one)
Posted: 12/17/06 at 11:14pm

I have a feeling that it may be a bit challenging for Julia, although I wish her the best of luck.

missyrose87
#21re: Wicked Kendra Question (I know you're thinking not another one)
Posted: 12/18/06 at 12:58am

Julia only did 6 a week because of doctors orders, but she is better now. kendra does 8 a week.

RentBoy86
#22re: Wicked Kendra Question (I know you're thinking not another one)
Posted: 12/18/06 at 1:39am

I don't get why it's so taxing on people's voices. It doesn't seem to me like JLY is strainging his vocal chords to hit the notes he needs to hit. His voice is obviously capable of handling the notes and it comes naturally to him so I don't see why he shouldn't be able to sing like that 8x a week if he's using good technique. Same for the Wicked girls. And, I love Kendra. I think she is HILARIOUS. And not to mention beautiful and I love the quality of her voice. She was the best thing about the Assassians revival recording on "Something Just Broke."

Horton Profile Photo
Horton
#23re: Wicked Kendra Question (I know you're thinking not another one)
Posted: 12/18/06 at 12:12pm

But Kendra is an alto, and it could be very damaging to her voice to do it 8 times a week. Singing incorrectly in an uncomfortable range (Julie Andrews) is very bad!

JB Fan
#24re: Wicked Kendra Question (I know you're thinking not another one)
Posted: 12/18/06 at 8:37pm

JLY is now only doing 6 shows a week. No 2 show days anymore. He was doing 7 or 8 depending on how he was feeling (he was initially contracted to do 8 shows a week, but later on was allowed to do 7). Now he, as well as the tour Frankie, are only doing 6 shows a week.

Frankie sings in 29 songs of the 35 song score...it's a lot, more than most roles in any Broadway show.

Videos