TheQuibbler
#3re: How was the final Wedding Singer
Posted: 1/1/07 at 2:26am

What a waste of a post.

SallyBrown Profile Photo
SallyBrown
#4re: How was the final Wedding Singer
Posted: 1/1/07 at 2:29am

I'll take this moment to say that despite the bad movie and bad musical, I love Adam Sandler and Big Daddy and Click and I'm excited for the new movie with him and Don Cheadle. Peace out.

"It's a great feeling of power to be naked in front of people. We're happy to watch actual incredible graphic violence and gore, but as soon as somebody's naked it seems like the public goes a bit bananas about the whole thing."

neddyfrank2
#5re: How was the final Wedding Singer
Posted: 1/1/07 at 2:31am

^Aside from Adam Sandler being in the movie, what did that have to do with the final performance?

SallyBrown Profile Photo
SallyBrown
#6re: How was the final Wedding Singer
Posted: 1/1/07 at 2:35am

Nothing. But nothing was happening so I decided to say something while we waited for a review of some sort. Not that I'm expecting them to be better than the usual Wedding Singer reviews so ::shrugs:: I be sorry

"It's a great feeling of power to be naked in front of people. We're happy to watch actual incredible graphic violence and gore, but as soon as somebody's naked it seems like the public goes a bit bananas about the whole thing."

chealion313
#7re: How was the final Wedding Singer
Posted: 1/1/07 at 3:46am

The show was very high energy, crowd was what was to be expected--some teenagers dressed in costume, loud audience response with applause for everyone as they came onstage. I did find it a bit obnoxious that people were yelling out some of the lines and singing along, though.

Stephen Lynch gave a nice speech at the end, all the understudies and Constantine came onstage with the rest of the cast for the curtain call. Stage door surprisingly was not as insane as I expected. Crowded, yes, but not nearly as raucous as I've seen at other show closings.

SallyBrown Profile Photo
SallyBrown
#8re: How was the final Wedding Singer
Posted: 1/1/07 at 3:50am

Final shows are always sad. I don't even like the show and I'd probably be sad. was it sad?

neddyfrank2
#9re: How was the final Wedding Singer
Posted: 1/1/07 at 3:55am

Did Constantine not perform?

TWSFan4Ever Profile Photo
TWSFan4Ever
#10re: How was the final Wedding Singer
Posted: 1/1/07 at 7:52am

Haha, where have you been! Just kidding, but Matthew's been back in the role since the beginning of December.

thespian geek Profile Photo
thespian geek
#11re: How was the final Wedding Singer
Posted: 1/1/07 at 10:12am

It wasn't really very sad for me, personally. I mean, there were times I was feeling a little sad (like when Adinah Alexander started crying with Laura during the scene where Julia is trying on her wedding dress before "If I Told You" and when some of the cast started crying during the finale) but overall it was a fun time for me.

I would like to say though that I loved that the applause went on for a good minute or so after "It's Your Wedding Day" finished. Stephen was having problems continuing on with his dialoge because the crowd wasn't stopping! Haha. He was thanking us a few times, but the cast was just soaking it. Felicia may or may not have broken the fourth wall to wave at everyone in the crowd, oops. re: How was the final Wedding Singer

Overall, everyone performed amazingly well. Felicia got the biggest applause (next to IYWD) after "Let Me Come Home"... again, one that went for forever. Doesn't help that she was egging us on! And I think they put more water in the tube for "Saturday Night in the City", because I have never seen Amy THAT soaked before. She was flinging water back when she was dancing several rows and her wig was she drenched -- very funny and obviously got a great reaction from the crowd.

As mentioned above, Stephen did a speech at the end. They acted as though Stephen hadn't heard the show was closing and mentioned something about coming back to do it on Tuesday and Matthew Saldivar came over and acted like he was whispering in his ear that the show was closing. Lynch looked really confused and was like "what? No one told me!" Anyway, he thanked everyone involved with the show, they brought the crew out and stuff. And they thanked the people who have seen the show .. many, many times and said it was all thanks to them that the show was kept alive as long as it was. They also had former cast members and all swings/understudies on stage during the speech, too. Also, Stephen mentioned it was "the Tony speech he never bothered writing."

Anyway, that's about all I can think of that stood out in my mind. It was a very fun, amazing show and I'll miss it but I can't wait for the tour. :) And for those that haven't heard, some next jobs for certain cast members are Matthew Stocke is going to Los Angeles to be in Wicked. He's playing the Witch's father and the u/s Wizard. Nicolette Hart is going to be going to Rent as Maureen in a couple of weeks through sometime in April. Just thought some people would be interested in knowing that if they hadn't heard!

purpleprince101 Profile Photo
purpleprince101
#12re: How was the final Wedding Singer
Posted: 1/1/07 at 12:14pm

sighs

suzycat Profile Photo
suzycat
#13re: How was the final Wedding Singer
Posted: 1/1/07 at 12:30pm

Thanks for the great review thespian!

Yankeefan007
#14re: How was the final Wedding Singer
Posted: 1/1/07 at 12:31pm

Glad it was a good show. I spent some nice summer days in the Hirschfeld. Before it became "popular."
Updated On: 1/1/07 at 12:31 PM

Parks
#15re: How was the final Wedding Singer
Posted: 1/1/07 at 12:57pm

...before it became mainstream?

God, I hate mainstream Broadway shows. I liked it first...

"If it walks like a Parks, if it wobbles like a Parks, then it's definitely fat and nobody loves it." --MA

withoutlovewithoutU Profile Photo
withoutlovewithoutU
#17re: How was the final Wedding Singer
Posted: 1/1/07 at 1:24pm

I'm sad to see this show, because while it wasn't the best show I've ever seen It was FUN, but part of me is really exited to see it go to regional theaters, because I find it fun to see what non-bway folk can do with something likr this, sometimes it's really amazing!

"If we don't live happily ever after at least we survive until the end of the week!" -Kermit the frog "I need the money... it costs a lot to look this cheap!" -Dolly P. "Oh please, Over at 'Gypsy' Patti LuPone hasn't even alienated her first daughter yet!" Mary Testa in "Xanadu" "...Like a drunk Chita Rivera!" Robin de Jesus in "In the Heights"

"B*tch, I don't know your life." -Xanadu After that if he still doesn't understand why you were uncomfortable and are now infuriated, kick him again but this time with Jazz Hands!!! -KillerTofu

carymetorent2 Profile Photo
carymetorent2
#18re: How was the final Wedding Singer
Posted: 1/1/07 at 1:31pm

Well, I found that the last show of "The WEdding Singer" was very sad. I teared up as the bars of the first song played and then stopped, but lost it towards the end.

This show was far from brilliant, but it was fun and the cast is an excellent group of people. BTW, apparently Ashley Amber is going to be in "Curtains" so she isn't going very far.

The saddest part for me was watching Richard Blake dance "All About the Green" for the last time. He apparently does not dance at all in "Legally Blonde" (a tragedy, I say!) and I could watch him dance in "All About the Green" one hundred times over. But, that's probably just me.

It was cute that everyone was there for the final show (save for Cara and Matt Allen re: How was the final Wedding Singer) Nick Kenkel and T. Oliver Reid, Constantine and all the swings came out. Stephen's speech was cute and I am glad they said something at the end.

A lot of the cast was crying and it was sad to watch, as many people know how tight this cast was.

I am glad stagedoor wasn't as crazy as we all thought it would be. I felt like it was kind of anticlimatic, but it was nice that people didn't go insane.

"Less Of A Marilyn, More Of A Jackie" www.richardhblake.com

FabalaYero85
#19re: How was the final Wedding Singer
Posted: 1/1/07 at 2:03pm

stage door wasn't crazy until some idiot decided that a way to get Lynch out of the theater was to chant his name and get the rest of the kiddies to do it.

the people in the back had it good. *sigh*

the performance itself was amazing.

hmm...

broadwaybaby086
#20re: How was the final Wedding Singer
Posted: 1/1/07 at 2:06pm

Stage door was pretty packed. But it was fun in the back darting around to catch various cast members and watch the barricade insanity.

"I'll cut you, Tracee Beazer!!!! ...Just kidding. I'd never cut anyone." -Tina Maddigan, 9/30/06, WS stage door
Avatar: JULIE "EFFING" WHITE, 2007 TONY WINNER. Thank God. I'm thinking about legally changing my name to Lizzie Curry...

Tchi4Lif188 Profile Photo
Tchi4Lif188
#21re: How was the final Wedding Singer
Posted: 1/1/07 at 2:19pm

wait, ashley amber's gonna be in curtains? haha, you dont happen to know any more do you? lol

"Wishes come true, not free..."

jexi
#22re: How was the final Wedding Singer
Posted: 1/1/07 at 2:33pm

Hey Heather (it's Jess) trust me you won't be the only one missing Richard's dancing! I hope you have a blast in San Fran...can't wait to see the show when it gets back to NY!

And the closing show was amazing. The energy from the audience was so awesome, there was so much love at the Hirsch! Updated On: 1/1/07 at 02:33 PM

carymetorent2 Profile Photo
carymetorent2
#23re: How was the final Wedding Singer
Posted: 1/1/07 at 2:50pm

Hey Jess, great ot meet you guys!

I don't know any more about Ashley Amber. Funny enough, a friend of hers was passing by the rush line and stopped by to chat and she told us about it.

"Less Of A Marilyn, More Of A Jackie" www.richardhblake.com

Tchi4Lif188 Profile Photo
Tchi4Lif188
#24re: How was the final Wedding Singer
Posted: 1/1/07 at 2:55pm

hahaha, oo man. i was gonna ask her but i stopped her a lot that weekend for other people, so i decided not to :/

haha, anyway, lol, back to ws

"Wishes come true, not free..."

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#25re: How was the final Wedding Singer
Posted: 1/1/07 at 2:57pm

Ashley Amber is going to be in "Curtains" so she isn't going very far.

Heh, that's pretty funny.

That's really sad to hear that Richard doesn't dance in LB. He's a great dancer.

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

Videos