pixeltracker

Rush Seats: Spring, Grey Gardens, Les Miserables, Martin Short

Rush Seats: Spring, Grey Gardens, Les Miserables, Martin Short

NYUstud Profile Photo
NYUstud
#1Rush Seats: Spring, Grey Gardens, Les Miserables, Martin Short
Posted: 1/1/07 at 11:56am

I was wondering if any one knew where the rush seats are located for these shows. If anyone has done rush for any of these shows, let me know where your seats were. Srping Awakening, Grey Gardens, Les Miserables, and Martin Short! Thanks!

"So much of me is made of what I learned from you. You'll be with me like a handprint on my heart."-Wicked

All_For_Laura Profile Photo
All_For_Laura
#2re: Rush Seats: Spring, Grey Gardens, Les Miserables, Martin Short
Posted: 1/1/07 at 12:16pm

Spring Awakening is Onstage seats.

Grey Gardens is Front Row.

...What happened next, was stranger still, a woman breathless and afraid, appeared out of the night, completely dressed in white. She had a secret she would tell, of one who had mistreated her. Her face and frightened gaze, my mind cannot erase...But then she ran from view. She looked so much like you...

I3ella.Rosa
#2re: Rush Seats: Spring, Grey Gardens, Les Miserables, Martin Short
Posted: 1/1/07 at 12:29pm

Actually, wrong.

I rushed Spring Awakening two days ago. They vary- usually the sides of the Orchestra. I went on a Friday Matinee there only for the holidays- they were full view on the sides for the Matinee, but only partial view was available for the evening performance. Well, that and Standing Room. They didn't open up SRO for the performance I went to.

The on-stage seats are sold prior to show day, and are sold out till late February. I tried to buy them.

PS- I got there at 8am to rush, and had about 30 people in front of me. Go EARLY. My guess is that soon this will turn into a lottery- the line is nearly reaching Broadway and turning off of 49th street.

Yankeefan007
#3re: Rush Seats: Spring, Grey Gardens, Les Miserables, Martin Short
Posted: 1/1/07 at 12:34pm

Martin Short uses any seat available - and you can buy them up to curtain time. But it closes in a week.

sweeneynut Profile Photo
sweeneynut
#4re: Rush Seats: Spring, Grey Gardens, Les Miserables, Martin Short
Posted: 1/1/07 at 1:44pm

I believe Les Miz is also any seat available.

"My muffin top is all that/whole grain and low-fat/I know you want a piece of that/But I just wanna dance!"

popular_elphie Profile Photo
popular_elphie
#5re: Rush Seats: Spring, Grey Gardens, Les Miserables, Martin Short
Posted: 1/1/07 at 4:32pm

I3ella.Rosa, did everyone get seats? Were some turned away? I'm planning on rushing for the show in two weeks.

Anthony3 Profile Photo
Anthony3
#6re: Rush Seats: Spring, Grey Gardens, Les Miserables, Martin Short
Posted: 1/1/07 at 4:41pm

Does anyone think it will be hard to rush Martin Short this Friday or Satuday since it is closing week?

Thanks!

NYUstud Profile Photo
NYUstud
#7re: Rush Seats: Spring, Grey Gardens, Les Miserables, Martin Short
Posted: 1/1/07 at 11:48pm

Does anyone know about the lines for Grey Gardens? How long is the line, how early do you have to get there?

"So much of me is made of what I learned from you. You'll be with me like a handprint on my heart."-Wicked

Glory Profile Photo
Glory
#8re: Rush Seats: Spring, Grey Gardens, Les Miserables, Martin Short
Posted: 1/2/07 at 12:14am

Yeah I got to the O'Neill at 630 on Friday and I was first in line with my friends. No word of a lie 20 minutes laters the line started. I got 3 matinee tickets orchestra left all the way to the left row M. I LOVED my seats. But you got to get there early.

snowie862 Profile Photo
snowie862
#9re: Rush Seats: Spring, Grey Gardens, Les Miserables, Martin Short
Posted: 1/2/07 at 11:23am

Is Les Miz rush 2 hours before curtain? or when the box office opens

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#10re: Rush Seats: Spring, Grey Gardens, Les Miserables, Martin Short
Posted: 1/2/07 at 12:30pm

Anthony3, I don't know if this helps, but when I went to the city to rush a show, I had a hard time finding something available. I happened to go to Martin Short box office and there were two people there just getting rush (I don't think they were the only ones though; there just wasn't a line). They were for somewhere in the Mezz row E. And they had more available. I don't think those are really difficult to get.

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

avab802 Profile Photo
avab802
#11re: Rush Seats: Spring, Grey Gardens, Les Miserables, Martin Short
Posted: 1/2/07 at 1:45pm

Keep in mind that last week (the week between Christmas & New Year) is the busiest tourist week of the year in NYC. Rush lines will most likely die down a bit now since a lot of the tourists will have left, and even more so by the end of the month when college students are back in school.

Anthony3 Profile Photo
Anthony3
#12re: Rush Seats: Spring, Grey Gardens, Les Miserables, Martin Short
Posted: 1/2/07 at 7:10pm

thanks, millie_dillmount, that did help me. My mom is dying to see Martin Short before he closes, so we may have to go in and try to rush it Friday or Saturday!

BwayBaby18 Profile Photo
BwayBaby18
#13re: Rush Seats: Spring, Grey Gardens, Les Miserables, Martin Short
Posted: 1/3/07 at 10:53pm

I have a question about the 36.00 balcony seats. I know they need to be bought at the box office, but can you buy them in advance? I am going to the city tomorrow and want to buy some for next week.

antiandrewx Profile Photo
antiandrewx
#14re: Rush Seats: Spring, Grey Gardens, Les Miserables, Martin Short
Posted: 1/3/07 at 10:59pm

I3ella.Rosa I also rushed this past friday and it was no where near as crowded as you're making it out to be. I got there at around 9:15 and I was maybe the 30th person in line. It did get long after about 9:30 but I'm pretty sure mostly everyone got a seat.

#15re: Rush Seats: Spring, Grey Gardens, Les Miserables, Martin Short
Posted: 1/4/07 at 1:38pm

Can NON students rush SA or do you have to be a student??

thanks

BtMartin25
#16re: Rush Seats: Spring, Grey Gardens, Les Miserables, Martin Short
Posted: 1/4/07 at 2:07pm

how much do rush tickets cost? and how many do they usually allow?

(my question is for Spring Awakening)

bt

MissNY
#17re: Rush Seats: Spring, Grey Gardens, Les Miserables, Martin Short
Posted: 1/4/07 at 2:41pm

rush tickets for Spring Awakening are $25, 2 per ID and yes, they do ask to see a student ID

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#18re: Rush Seats: Spring, Grey Gardens, Les Miserables, Martin Short
Posted: 1/4/07 at 2:48pm

http://talkinbroadway.com/boards/index.php?category=Broadway&rush=show&order=

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

#19re: Rush Seats: Spring, Grey Gardens, Les Miserables, Martin Short
Posted: 1/4/07 at 3:06pm

Thank you, Lizzie. It sucks though that only students are offered such a great deal. It should be open to everyone.

aepratt
#20re: Rush Seats: Spring, Grey Gardens, Les Miserables, Martin Short
Posted: 1/4/07 at 3:36pm

Don't sit in the balcony at the Walter Kerr. It's literally a foot from the ceiling and the sightlines stink. I saw another show from there and returned to get better seats, because I couldn't see or hear anything. (They've revamped the sound system I think since then, but still.)
I sat in the front row for GG and loved it so much that it's where I ask to be seated, to the amazement of the box office people. (I took that over a 4th row center orch seat.)