Movin' Out PBS?

#1Movin' Out PBS?
Posted: 1/3/07 at 1:13pm

What performance is being used for the Great Performances airing of Movin' Out?

Tom1071 Profile Photo
Tom1071
#2re: Movin' Out PBS?
Posted: 1/3/07 at 1:19pm

When is this airing?

Michael Bennett Profile Photo
Michael Bennett
#2re: Movin' Out PBS?
Posted: 1/3/07 at 1:25pm

It's not supposed to air until later this year, or perhaps even early 2008. It's supposedly going to be a taping of the touring production, which appears to be ending in March. There was also some talk that some of the original cast may be recreating their roles for the broadcast - so its hard to say. They could certainly do a special series of performances after the tour officially closes just to capture the video tape.

coolkid11776
#3re: Movin' Out PBS?
Posted: 1/3/07 at 1:31pm

BUMP

Rent The best show on Broadway. I was at the closing. BEST night of my Life. April 29th 1996-September 7th 2008 12 years of love "No Day But Today"

#4re: Movin' Out PBS?
Posted: 1/3/07 at 1:40pm

Michael Bennett, the tour end in January.

Michael Bennett
#5re: Movin' Out PBS?
Posted: 1/3/07 at 1:45pm

Interesting. It still has dates listed on Broadwayacrossamerica.com. I'm fairly positive it hasn't been taped for television yet. Is the tour going back out?

JRybka Profile Photo
JRybka
#6re: Movin' Out PBS?
Posted: 1/3/07 at 1:45pm

I always wanted to see this show but for some reason had no desire to pay 50+ bucks to see it.

"Whenever I get gloomy with the state of the world, I think about the arrivals gate at Heathrow Airport. General opinion's starting to make out that we live in a world of hatred and greed, but I don't see that. It seems to me that love is everywhere. Often it's not particularly dignified or newsworthy, but it's always there - fathers and sons, mothers and daughters, husbands and wives, boyfriends, girlfriends, old friends. When the planes hit the Twin Towers, as far as I know none of the phone calls from the people on board were messages of hate or revenge - they were all messages of love. If you look for it, I've got a sneaky feeling you'll find that love actually is all around."

Michael Bennett
#7re: Movin' Out PBS?
Posted: 1/3/07 at 1:52pm

See - it's supposed to play March in Albuquerque just days after the Vienna Boys Choir! Won't that be a fun double header!

http://www.popejoyhall.com/whatson.asp?dt=3/6/2007#Movin%20Out

miss pennywise Profile Photo
miss pennywise
#8re: Movin' Out PBS?
Posted: 1/3/07 at 2:14pm

There was an article posted in November about the tour's closing. The show's website lists no dates beyond January. Would love for it not to be so.
Movin' Out Tour Ends Early

"Be on your guard! Jerks on the loose!"

http://www.roches.com/television/ss83kod.html

"If any relationship involves a flow chart, get out of it...FAST!"

~ Best12Bars

kikki327 Profile Photo
kikki327
#9re: Movin' Out PBS?
Posted: 1/3/07 at 5:04pm

i hope the original cast does it! that would be amazing.

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#10re: Movin' Out PBS?
Posted: 1/3/07 at 5:36pm

when is the Angels in America opera airing? didn't they announce that too?

thenextfiyero Profile Photo
thenextfiyero
#11re: Movin' Out PBS?
Posted: 1/3/07 at 10:16pm

this would be awesome. I'm all for the original cast too

JustChillin8908
#12re: Movin' Out PBS?
Posted: 1/3/07 at 10:22pm

The tour is supposed to come to Toledo in September...

Josephine2 Profile Photo
Josephine2
#13re: Movin' Out PBS?
Posted: 1/3/07 at 10:25pm

I would not mind seeing Elizabeth Parkinson and Desmond Richardson. I wouldn't mind that one bit...

bostonbroadwayfan
#14re: Movin' Out PBS?
Posted: 1/4/07 at 11:16am

I actually hope it's the tour doing the taping.
I've seen it four times and Holly Cruikshank is amazing. The last time I was on her website there were no dates for 2007.

kikki327 Profile Photo
kikki327
#15re: Movin' Out PBS?
Posted: 1/4/07 at 9:33pm

john selya = amazing.

To The Stage!
#16re: Movin' Out PBS?
Posted: 1/4/07 at 9:36pm

Wow, I hope they tape the original cast. They were absolutely incredible.

So afraid of getting older

I'm only good at being young

COOOOLkid
#17re: Movin' Out PBS?
Posted: 1/4/07 at 9:59pm

Wasn't it scheduled for Spring of this year?

"Hey, you! You're the worst thing to happen to musical theatre since Andrew Lloyd Webber!" -Family Guy

Michael Bennett
#18re: Movin' Out PBS?
Posted: 2/3/07 at 9:54pm

Somebody on TalkinBroadway is reporting that that the PBS taping will take place at the end of the month in San Francisco.

RentBoy86
#19re: Movin' Out PBS?
Posted: 2/3/07 at 10:08pm

The tour ended here in Birmingham, AL in January. It was the last stop.

What about the Angels in America opera? That sounds awesome.

ElFantasma14 Profile Photo
ElFantasma14
#20re: Movin' Out PBS?
Posted: 2/3/07 at 10:12pm

Maybe the march dates are for the Non-eq troika tour that's starting up.

Michael Bennett
#21re: Movin' Out PBS?
Posted: 2/3/07 at 10:14pm

I think they are doing a special performance just for the taping - this wouldn't be an extension of the tour. Apparently, because of union costs - its cheaper to end the tour - terminate contracts - and hire people specifically for the taping. It may also have some different casting, etc.
Updated On: 2/3/07 at 10:14 PM

Luscious Profile Photo
Luscious
#22re: Movin' Out PBS?
Posted: 6/30/07 at 7:48am

Is it official that PBS cancelled their plans to tape Movin' Out for broadcast, and if so, why???

Dirty_Rotten_Guy Profile Photo
Dirty_Rotten_Guy
#23re: Movin' Out PBS?
Posted: 6/30/07 at 8:05am

i hope they dont cancel the broadcast, because i never got a chance to see MOVIN' OUT live but would really like to see it on tv.

My 2007/2008 Season: Grey Gardens (7/5) 110 in the Shade (7/6) Mary Poppins (7/7) Xanadu (7/7) Deuce (7/8) Spamalot (7/8) Jersey Boys (8/25) The Year of Magical Thinking (8/25) Mauritius (11/2) Young Frankenstein (11/3) Rock 'N' Roll (11/3) Pygmalion (11/4) Mauritius (11/10) Mauritius (11/21) Mauritius (11/21) Sunday in the Park with George (3/6) South Pacific (3/7) Gypsy (3/8) Cat on a Hot Tin Roof (3/9)

Born To Reign Profile Photo
Born To Reign
#24re: Movin' Out PBS?
Posted: 6/30/07 at 8:08am

As far as I read, they couldn't get it together before the tour ended. Maybe they'll do the upcoming tour, but as far as I know, it's canned for good

It's just a message board. Let's not take it too seriously.

Videos