one heck of a following.

Yes?

Bring Megan Mullally to Broadway!
Updated On: 1/13/07 at 03:25 PM

purpleprince101 Profile Photo
purpleprince101
#2re: Bring Megan Mellally to Broadway!
Posted: 1/13/07 at 3:28pm

you mean Bring Megan Mellally BACK to Broadway!

But yeah she needs to come back

Raviolisun Profile Photo
Raviolisun
#2re: Bring Megan Mellally to Broadway!
Posted: 1/13/07 at 3:43pm

On another board we had a discussion about how in a few years, she would be a great Morrible.

One time, Patti LuPone punched me in the face...

It was awesome.
- theaterkid1015

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#3re: Bring Megan Mellally to Broadway!
Posted: 1/13/07 at 3:43pm

Wait, is Megan Mellally related to Megan Mullally?

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

Becoz_i_knew_you21 Profile Photo
Becoz_i_knew_you21
#4re: Bring Megan Mellally to Broadway!
Posted: 1/13/07 at 3:49pm

Maybe you should spell her name right before you think of her being on Broadway.

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#5re: Bring Megan Mellally to Broadway!
Posted: 1/13/07 at 3:56pm

Mellally = Mullally.

For a minute there I thought I was out of the Broadway loop. I have NEVER heard of Megan Mellally.

Now...Megan MULLALLY is a different story, and yes...she WILL be back on Broadway. She's been quite overt about aching to return to Broadway.

Now that she's 'free' again, her options are open.

scot Profile Photo
scot
#6re: Bring Megan Mellally to Broadway!
Posted: 1/13/07 at 4:04pm

Sorry 'bout the typo.

It was obvious anyway
who I as referring to...

right?

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#7re: Bring Megan Mellally to Broadway!
Posted: 1/13/07 at 4:08pm

Maybe she can do a one woman show where she interviews a different celeb each night...

Oh wait, maybe not. re: Bring Megan Mellally to Broadway!

stella985 Profile Photo
stella985
#8re: Bring Megan Mellally to Broadway!
Posted: 1/13/07 at 4:54pm

I'd love her to come back to Broadway, but if she does I hope she chooses a show wisely and a part that plays to her strengths.

Michael Bennett Profile Photo
Michael Bennett
#9re: Bring Megan Mellally to Broadway!
Posted: 1/13/07 at 4:58pm

I think she's kind of hard to cast. She's too old to be Ado Annie. She's no Mame. She wouldn't sell enough tickets to play Dolly. I guess there is always Broadway Roxie, number 2375...

sharon1
#10re: Bring Megan Mellally to Broadway!
Posted: 1/13/07 at 5:01pm

There is a rumor that she is going to London to costar with Michael Ball in Kismet
Updated On: 1/15/07 at 05:01 PM

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#11re: Bring Megan Mullally to Broadway!
Posted: 1/13/07 at 7:36pm

In one of the few episodes I saw of her talk show she was interviewing Ken Davitian--of Borat fame--and he said he had auditioned to play Mr.Zhamir (sp?) in Will & Grace but that he really would've liked to play Stan Walker; Mullally said that if she does Karen, the musical on Broadway he'd be great for the part. I wonder if she is really pursuing that project, I personally don't think it's a good idea but who knows. I believe she should be part of an ensemble play/musical (something like First Wives Club ) instead of headlining a show by herself. I do hope she returns to Broadway though.

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

DryMartini Profile Photo
DryMartini
#12re: Bring Megan Mullally to Broadway!
Posted: 1/13/07 at 7:43pm

I think she'd make a great Mame.

NathanLaneStalker
#13re: Bring Megan Mullally to Broadway!
Posted: 1/13/07 at 7:49pm

There are many characters I would love to see her play.

I love her. She needs to come back.

"I'm tellin' you, the only times I really feel the presence of God are when I'm having sex and during a great Broadway musical." - Nathan Lane - Jeffrey

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#14re: Bring Megan Mullally to Broadway!
Posted: 1/13/07 at 7:58pm

ray-andallthatjazz86 -- Megan was joking. Megan's humor is 99% mumbled asides, and that KAREN: The Musical bit was just that. She has not been or nor have there ever been any thoughts of actually doing a KAREN: The Musical. Ever.

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#15re: Bring Megan Mullally to Broadway!
Posted: 1/13/07 at 8:08pm

I only saw the show twice so I am not knowledgeable on Mullally's humor, thanks for clearing that up though re: Bring Megan Mullally to Broadway!

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

jacob2
#16re: Bring Megan Mullally to Broadway!
Posted: 1/13/07 at 8:27pm

Yeah, she is going to london. she will be in ENO (English National Opera) production of 'Kismet' for 19 performances only, playing Lalume. Contract was signed a while ago!

mattonstage Profile Photo
mattonstage
#17re: Bring Megan Mullally to Broadway!
Posted: 1/13/07 at 8:31pm

If something happens and Tracey Ullman ends up not doing the full production of "9 to 5", Megan would be a perfect Violet Newstead.

I killed the boss, you don't think they're gonna fire me over a thing like that!!!!

AC126748 Profile Photo
AC126748
#18re: Bring Megan Mullally to Broadway!
Posted: 1/13/07 at 8:32pm

Love me some Mullally, but can she vocally handle "Not Since Ninevah"?

"You travel alone because other people are only there to remind you how much that hook hurts that we all bit down on. Wait for that one day we can bite free and get back out there in space where we belong, sail back over water, over skies, into space, the hook finally out of our mouths and we wander back out there in space spawning to other planets never to return hurrah to earth and we'll look back and can't even see these lives here anymore. Only the taste of blood to remind us we ever existed. The earth is small. We're gone. We're dead. We're safe." -John Guare, Landscape of the Body

think_of_me2007 Profile Photo
think_of_me2007
#19re: Bring Megan Mullally to Broadway!
Posted: 1/13/07 at 8:36pm

What was Megan Mullally in before, since you are brining her BACK to broadway?

i honestly don't know.

AC126748 Profile Photo
AC126748
#20re: Bring Megan Mullally to Broadway!
Posted: 1/13/07 at 9:05pm

Grease revival
How to Succeed... revival

"You travel alone because other people are only there to remind you how much that hook hurts that we all bit down on. Wait for that one day we can bite free and get back out there in space where we belong, sail back over water, over skies, into space, the hook finally out of our mouths and we wander back out there in space spawning to other planets never to return hurrah to earth and we'll look back and can't even see these lives here anymore. Only the taste of blood to remind us we ever existed. The earth is small. We're gone. We're dead. We're safe." -John Guare, Landscape of the Body

theaterkid1015 Profile Photo
theaterkid1015
#21re: Bring Megan Mullally to Broadway!
Posted: 1/13/07 at 9:06pm

She did Rosemary in the "How to Succeed..." revival and Marty in "Grease."

I could see her as Mame. Wasn't she attached to a "First Wives Club" reading at one point?

Some people paint, some people sew, I meddle.

purpleprince101 Profile Photo
purpleprince101
#22re: Bring Megan Mullally to Broadway!
Posted: 1/13/07 at 9:07pm

i would love to see her in 9 to 5 also

musicaltheater1 Profile Photo
musicaltheater1
#23re: Bring Megan Mullally to Broadway!
Posted: 1/13/07 at 9:29pm

I agree purpleprince101...for upcoming shows...what about "9 to 5", revival of "The Wiz" (Evilene?), or "The Little Mermaid" (the evil character)?

"I love acting. It is so much more real than life." Oscar Wilde
"After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." Aldous Huxley

soapguy17 Profile Photo
soapguy17
#24re: Bring Megan Mullally to Broadway!
Posted: 1/13/07 at 9:29pm

AC, I'm about 85% sure she could.

I have NEVER met Cheyenne Jackson. I have never hung out with him in his dressing room, he did not tweet me, he never bought me a beverage, and he mostly certainly didn't tickle me. . .that is all.

Videos