The Nerd...

EmBg Profile Photo
EmBg
#1The Nerd...
Posted: 1/22/07 at 6:35pm

by LArry Shue ...I'm in it now and its hysterical! Has anybody else seen/done this show ? SO GREAT!

Fenchurch
#2re: The Nerd...
Posted: 1/22/07 at 7:07pm

I saw it on Broadway, when I was quite young, but I enjoyed it immensely.

I even remember the television commercial done by Charles Nelson Reilly.

"Fenchurch is correct, as usual." -Keen on Kean
"Fenchurch is correct, as usual." - muscle23ftl

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#2re: The Nerd...
Posted: 1/22/07 at 7:12pm

I saw it

I believe it played what is now the Helen Hayes & starred Gary (Radar From Mash)Burghoff

I enjoyed it than but it has been so long I remember no details

Poster Emeritus

EmBg Profile Photo
EmBg
#3re: The Nerd...
Posted: 1/23/07 at 10:36am

Bumpity Bump Bump ....

D2 Profile Photo
D2
#4re: The Nerd...
Posted: 1/23/07 at 10:41am

I played Axle once, a long time ago. Hated the director, who was an idiot - she wanted to re-write the second act because "it doesn't work" - but overall I had a grand time during the performances. And no, she didn't get away with rewriting anything. We were a strong cast.

Cheyenne Jackson tickled me. AFTER ordering SoMMS a drink but NOT tickling him, and hanging out with Girly in his dressing room (where he DIDN'T tickle her) but BEFORE we got married. To others. And then he tweeted Boobs. He also tweeted he's good friends with some chick on "The Voice" who just happens to be good friends with Tink's ex. And I'm still married. Oh, and this just in: "Pettiness, spite, malice ....Such ugly emotions... So sad." - After Eight, talking about MEEEEEEEE!!! I'm so honored! :-)

aspiringactress Profile Photo
aspiringactress
#5re: The Nerd...
Posted: 5/17/07 at 10:57pm

Just got cast as Tansy...excited to start rehearsaing (I'm taking over for someone who dropped out and have 9 rehearsals...ahhh)

"We don't value the lily less for not being made of flint and built to last. Life's bounty is in it's flow, later is too late. Where is the song when it's been sung, the dance when it's been danced? It's only we humans who want to own the future too." - Tom Stoppard, Shipwreck

AnnaK<3LMIP Profile Photo
AnnaK<3LMIP
#6re: The Nerd...
Posted: 5/17/07 at 11:06pm

I have a friend in CT who had a friend doing the show..and I just loved it. Funniest thing ever.

I mean, Denzel Washington? Gun to my head..of course.

Neverandy Profile Photo
Neverandy
#7re: The Nerd...
Posted: 5/17/07 at 11:20pm

Shue was amazing- The Nerd and The Foreigner are 2 of the funniest plays i have ever seen. Too Bad he died in a plane crash.

Other than that, did you enjoy the play Mrs Lincoln?

Scarywarhol Profile Photo
Scarywarhol
#8re: The Nerd...
Posted: 5/17/07 at 11:41pm

One of the most hilarious plays I've ever seen!

LuPonatic Profile Photo
LuPonatic
#9re: The Nerd...
Posted: 5/18/07 at 4:03am

I just recently saw a spectacular production of The Foreigner. HILARIOUS! The audience was rolling on the floor with laughter, what a great show! Shue is fantastic

aspiringactress Profile Photo
aspiringactress
#10re: The Nerd...
Posted: 5/20/07 at 11:33pm

update: funniest play ever.

I have to work so hard not to laugh during the entire rehearsal.

I failed today. For about six hours straight.

"We don't value the lily less for not being made of flint and built to last. Life's bounty is in it's flow, later is too late. Where is the song when it's been sung, the dance when it's been danced? It's only we humans who want to own the future too." - Tom Stoppard, Shipwreck

RachelO Profile Photo
RachelO
#11re: The Nerd...
Posted: 9/1/09 at 8:48pm

My favorite play on the planet.
After six years of being in love with it, I have my drama teacher considering it for our comedy this year. Of course, it may not happen, due to the excess of male roles, and lack of female roles.

bwayfan7000
#12re: The Nerd...
Posted: 9/1/09 at 10:08pm

I didn't know Larry Shue wrote The Nerd! My school ALMOST did The Foreigner, but there was a rights issue...
(And, RachelO, how did I know I might find you posting on a thread about The Nerd...?)

"Art, in itself, is an attempt to bring order out of chaos."-Stephen Sondheim

Gobstopper Profile Photo
Gobstopper
#13re: The Nerd...
Posted: 9/2/09 at 2:10pm

I was in "The Nerd" when I was a little kid! I played Thor! I was like 10 at the time, so reading the play once I was older was very... illuminating. I didn't realize how dirty some of those jokes were back then. :)

Incidentally, a lot of productions now cast Thor as a girl and name her "Thora." Lame.

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#14re: The Nerd...
Posted: 9/2/09 at 2:11pm

This was used in acting class in high school that I'd shoot myself if I had to sit through a whole production of it.

Videos