pixeltracker

"Little Mermaid": Sound-Bites of Songs

"Little Mermaid": Sound-Bites of Songs

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#1"Little Mermaid": Sound-Bites of Songs
Posted: 3/12/07 at 2:53am

Go to the Little Mermaid's official site and on the top right bar, you will hear two little sound clips of "Part of Your World" and "Under the Sea".
Disney's The Little Mermaid - A Broadway Musical Official Site

ClumsyDude15 Profile Photo
ClumsyDude15
#2re: 'Little Mermaid': Sound-Bites of Songs
Posted: 3/12/07 at 6:41am

Is that voice the voice of the girl whose to play Ariel?
She sounds awesome!
re: 'Little Mermaid': Sound-Bites of Songs

I think thats deff. Tituss singing Under The Sea!
re: 'Little Mermaid': Sound-Bites of Songs
yay JERSEY BOYS cast being AMAZING.

"Anybody that goes to the theater, I think we’re all misfits, so we ended up on stage or in the audience.” --- Patti LuPone.

*brina-doll* Profile Photo
*brina-doll*
#2re: 'Little Mermaid': Sound-Bites of Songs
Posted: 3/12/07 at 6:48am

Wow, that actually sounds pretty cool! Now lets cross our fingers that this works well for the stage...

Your aspirations are your possibilities-Samuel Johnson (and a little help from nomdeplume)

BrdwyThtr Profile Photo
BrdwyThtr
#3re: 'Little Mermaid': Sound-Bites of Songs
Posted: 3/12/07 at 8:28am

I'm still not sure about Sierra. I'm a HUGE Little Mermaid fan and her voice is just very different then Jodi Benson's.

JBSinger
#4re: 'Little Mermaid': Sound-Bites of Songs
Posted: 3/12/07 at 11:28am

Sheh has a lovely voice but most of us are expecting a mixy pop sound up there. If they make her more of a soprano that's fine with me. You'll still have Sherie Rene up there belting to the rafters, so it will be nice for contrast.

theaterdude87 Profile Photo
theaterdude87
#5re: 'Little Mermaid': Sound-Bites of Songs
Posted: 3/12/07 at 11:43am

She was not awful it was just not as playful I think Ariel's voice should be. "Under The Sea" is going to be a really amazing number I think. The next circle of life.

for fierce, fabulous and fun times visit eric mathew's world. http://ericmathew.blogspot.com/

MerMaggieGalinda
#6re: 'Little Mermaid': Sound-Bites of Songs
Posted: 3/12/07 at 12:40pm

Ariel is supposed to have the most beautiful voice, and I prefer a soaring soprano voice over a poppy, happy belting voice.

LuPonatic Profile Photo
LuPonatic
#7re: 'Little Mermaid': Sound-Bites of Songs
Posted: 3/12/07 at 12:41pm

Makes me very excited! Tituss is TONS better than the Sebastian on the demo recording! Sierra sounds great, maybe a little too forceful, but I'll get used to it!

Katurian2 Profile Photo
Katurian2
#8re: 'Little Mermaid': Sound-Bites of Songs
Posted: 3/12/07 at 12:46pm

It's always nice to hear an amazing soprano coming to Broadway in this age of powerhouse belters. But...hearing Sherie blow the roof won't be so bad either... re: 'Little Mermaid': Sound-Bites of Songs

"Are you sorry for civilization? I am sorry for it too." ~Coast of Utopia: Shipwreck

misschung
#9re: 'Little Mermaid': Sound-Bites of Songs
Posted: 3/12/07 at 12:51pm

Ariel is supposed to be a sweet sounding voice, not a huge belter, I agree.

I'm not sold yet on Sebastian's voice, but we'll just have to see.

I forgot how much I love this movie/soundtrack. Now I'm going to go watch my special edition DVD :o)

The morning star always gets wonderful bright the minute before it has to go --doesn't it?

MerMaggieGalinda
#10re: 'Little Mermaid': Sound-Bites of Songs
Posted: 3/12/07 at 1:21pm

Also, Part of Your World isn't a really happy good feely song, it shouldn't be sung all joyfully and cute.

MovieGuy1031 Profile Photo
MovieGuy1031
#11re: 'Little Mermaid': Sound-Bites of Songs
Posted: 3/12/07 at 1:26pm

MerMaggieGlinda,

You took the words right out of my mouth! Maybe she can go "poppy" for some of the other songs, but Part of Your World should be sung triumphantly and full of determination.

PS~ Now how about some Sherie demos!!!

"The nice thing about the rain is that it always stops... eventually."

- Eeyore
Updated On: 3/12/07 at 01:26 PM

sing_dance_love Profile Photo
sing_dance_love
#12re: 'Little Mermaid': Sound-Bites of Songs
Posted: 3/12/07 at 1:30pm

well, lets get real, it was literally like 8 words. So, I'm not going to start judging at all, but I have to say she sounds good. And do agree I got an impression that Under the Sea could turn out to be a huge showstopper. I hope the show goes well this summer!

"...and in a bed."

caitlinette Profile Photo
caitlinette
#13re: 'Little Mermaid': Sound-Bites of Songs
Posted: 3/12/07 at 3:09pm

Sierra sounds gorgeous!

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#14re: 'Little Mermaid': Sound-Bites of Songs
Posted: 3/12/07 at 8:50pm

I agree that Sierra is good, but I prefer Kerry Butler. She was so amazing on the Broadway demo. I love the song, "If Only".

caitlinette Profile Photo
caitlinette
#15re: 'Little Mermaid': Sound-Bites of Songs
Posted: 3/12/07 at 9:47pm

Hmm, interesting...I absolutely despised Kerry on the demo!

FOAnatic Profile Photo
FOAnatic
#16re: 'Little Mermaid': Sound-Bites of Songs
Posted: 3/12/07 at 9:49pm

We really can't judge this.

This is a briefly rehearsed clip for the website.

Not how it will sound for the show, I'm sure. It's something they recorded just to get it on the site for PR.

It's a bit early to judge yet.

"I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about." - Oscar Wilde

wickedfan Profile Photo
wickedfan
#17re: 'Little Mermaid': Sound-Bites of Songs
Posted: 3/12/07 at 9:49pm

I don't get the Kerry obsession. She was very good on the Hairspray OBC but I hated her in Little Shop as well as the Little Mermaid demo. She was just all wrong vocally for it. Kerry does NOT have the most beautiful voice, and this role requires one.

"Sing the words, Patti!!!!" Stephen Sondheim to Patti LuPone.

PhantomMag234
#18re: 'Little Mermaid': Sound-Bites of Songs
Posted: 3/12/07 at 10:19pm

Well Playbill did say Ariel needed to have a crystal clear flawless belt to an E. Sounds like soprano to me.

theaterdude87 Profile Photo
theaterdude87
#19re: 'Little Mermaid': Sound-Bites of Songs
Posted: 3/12/07 at 11:15pm

When I think of bway actresses playing Ariel I just picture Kerry.

for fierce, fabulous and fun times visit eric mathew's world. http://ericmathew.blogspot.com/

Rose_MacShane Profile Photo
Rose_MacShane
#20re: 'Little Mermaid': Sound-Bites of Songs
Posted: 3/12/07 at 11:23pm

For what little there was to listen to, I generally liked it. I especially enjoyed Sebastian's voice. Wasn't as sold on Sierra. But again, there was, like, 10 seconds to go off of. I'm looking forward to when they get whole songs uploaded.

http://community.livejournal.com/ltd_brands_suck/

TonyaFanatic Profile Photo
TonyaFanatic
#21re: 'Little Mermaid': Sound-Bites of Songs
Posted: 3/12/07 at 11:32pm

kerry butler is so old looking to me. i just dont see what the whole "ariel" obsession is. her voice is pretty grating too. Stop trying to have another Jodi Benson (who is nothing like Kerry). Sierra is a beautiful girl with a soaring soprano and just the type for this role. (in my opinion) it's ariel not lady macbeth.

"Girl, this cupcake is the jumpoff"- Adriane Lenox

#22'Little Mermaid': Sound-Bites of Songs
Posted: 3/12/07 at 11:36pm

From the little bits, i liked Sierra and Titus, even though titus, Sherie, and Norm have not been offically confirmed.

acrocksyo Profile Photo
acrocksyo
#23'Little Mermaid': Sound-Bites of Songs
Posted: 3/12/07 at 11:41pm

Kerry is amazing, and she was wonderful on The Little Mermaid demo. She has a perfect match for Alan Menken songs. And Alan Menken obviously loved her enough to have her sing at "Part Of Your World: The Music of Alan Menken" and make him cry. Kerry is amazing, and people obviously like her enough to cast her in things.

http://theaterfag.blogspot.com/ Reviews and the like

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#24'Little Mermaid': Sound-Bites of Songs
Posted: 3/12/07 at 11:50pm

I'm scared.

A work of art is an invitation to love.

Videos