neddyfrank2
#1Happy Opening Curtains!
Posted: 3/22/07 at 12:54am

Yipee! I know this show will do well!

courtnyj Profile Photo
courtnyj
#2re: Happy Opening Curtains!
Posted: 3/22/07 at 12:59am

Yay! I hope you're right neddyfrank2! We'll see what the critics say tomorrow night!

ETA: That came out a little negative...what I mean is: Yay! Only 17 hours till opening night! Updated On: 3/22/07 at 12:59 AM

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#2re: Happy Opening Curtains!
Posted: 3/22/07 at 1:34am

I wish Curtains well in their opening! Have a good one! Knock 'em dead, no pun intended.

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

TheActr97J Profile Photo
TheActr97J
#3re: Happy Opening Curtains!
Posted: 3/22/07 at 4:52am

I'm confident this show will do very well with the reviewers. Hope the cast breaks many legs.

<< Audra is all ready for opening night! re: Happy Opening Curtains!

"I seem to have wandered into the BRAIN load-out thread... "
-best12bars

"Sorry I am a Theatre major not a English Major"
-skibumb5290

Lt. Cioffi
#4re: Happy Opening Curtains!
Posted: 3/22/07 at 6:05am

Congratulations and good luck to everyone. This show can't miss. Y'all kill! re: Happy Opening Curtains!
To anyone attending tonight's Opening...have a great night!

Dre2387 Profile Photo
Dre2387
#5re: Happy Opening Curtains!
Posted: 3/22/07 at 7:05am

break a leg, Curtains!!!! Knock their socks off!

<--- the set of A Midsummer Night's Dream that I was assistant stage manager for during the 2007 season at the STNJ outdoor stage.

-Dre-
You must remember all the same that at the crux of every game is knowing when it's time to leave the table... And it's important to be artful in your exit. No turning back, you must accept the con is done... It was a ball, it was a blast. And it's a shame it couldn't last. But every chapter has to end, you must agree.
~Dirty Rotten Scoundrels~

There's a special kind of people known as show people. We live in a world full of dreams. Sometimes we're not too certain what's false and what's real. But we're seldom in doubt about what we feel.
~Curtains~

It is a far, far better thing I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest I go to, than I have ever known.
~A Tale of Two Cities ~

Rathnait62 Profile Photo
Rathnait62
#6re: Happy Opening Curtains!
Posted: 3/22/07 at 8:20am

Merde!

Have I ever shown you my Shattered Dreams box? It's in my Disappointment Closet. - Marge Simpson

Yankeefan007
#7re: Happy Opening Curtains!
Posted: 3/22/07 at 8:35am

Let's hope the critics like you as much as we do.

Rathnait62 Profile Photo
Rathnait62
#8re: Happy Opening Curtains!
Posted: 3/22/07 at 8:42am

Here's a story with a couple of great pics.
Playbill on Opening Night

Have I ever shown you my Shattered Dreams box? It's in my Disappointment Closet. - Marge Simpson

millie_dillmount
#9re: Happy Opening Curtains!
Posted: 3/22/07 at 9:57am

TheActr, love your icon! Lol.

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

Katurian2 Profile Photo
Katurian2
#10re: Happy Opening Curtains!
Posted: 3/22/07 at 10:04am

Whoot! This show is so enjoyable, how could the critics walk out NOT having had a great time? Let's just hope they don't take "What King of Man?" too seriously.... re: Happy Opening Curtains!

"Are you sorry for civilization? I am sorry for it too." ~Coast of Utopia: Shipwreck
Updated On: 3/22/07 at 10:04 AM

Raviolisun Profile Photo
Raviolisun
#11re: Happy Opening Curtains!
Posted: 3/22/07 at 10:15am

Good luck, Curtains!

One time, Patti LuPone punched me in the face...

It was awesome.
- theaterkid1015

millie_dillmount
#12re: Happy Opening Curtains!
Posted: 3/22/07 at 10:16am

Have they cut any songs? Or made any major changes since a couple of weeks ago?

Rathnait62 Profile Photo
Rathnait62
#13re: Happy Opening Curtains!
Posted: 3/22/07 at 10:19am

My friend in the show said they've cut about 10+ minutes, and she wanted to know how I felt about the cuts having seen it before and after, and I had to tell her, I didn't notice much difference, just that it ran more smoothly.

jaystarr Profile Photo
jaystarr
#14re: Happy Opening Curtains!
Posted: 3/22/07 at 10:20am

I saw it on previews on 3/9 on Al Hirscfield Theater- It was a great show !!!

Break a Leg ! Curtains !!-j*

MotorTink Profile Photo
MotorTink
#15re: Happy Opening Curtains!
Posted: 3/22/07 at 10:29am

YAY!!! Can't wait to hear reviews!

BroadwayBoobs: I'll give all of you who weren't there a hint of who took the pictures ...it rhymes with shameless

SOMMS: I knew it was Tink!

Garland Grrrl Profile Photo
Garland Grrrl
#16re: Happy Opening Curtains!
Posted: 3/22/07 at 11:01am

i think they need to cut a lot more and that they could cut more very easily. there are good things in it -- and some nice performances, but this show could have been much more stylish and fun. i wish them success.

Mind is Mantra.

riv
#17re: Happy Opening Curtains!
Posted: 3/22/07 at 11:16am

It's an old-fashioned show with obvious gags and cardboard characters. The entire cast tries very hard to give it life and I applaude them for that.

Unfortunately, I found it tedious. It's throughly professional in execution, but it goes absolutely nowhere. Years ago, something like this might have worked, but it's out of place nowadays.

Good luck tonight to all involved.

Rathnait62 Profile Photo
Rathnait62
#18re: Happy Opening Curtains!
Posted: 3/22/07 at 11:17am

Uh, did you two read the thread title? Perhaps another CURTAINS thread - reviews, opinion threads, of which there are many - might have been more appropriate for your posts.

Tchi4Lif188 Profile Photo
Tchi4Lif188
#19re: Happy Opening Curtains!
Posted: 3/22/07 at 11:33am

re: Happy Opening Curtains!

To anyone who is going, have a great time!!!!!

"Wishes come true, not free..."

Raspberry Profile Photo
Raspberry
#20re: Happy Opening Curtains!
Posted: 3/22/07 at 3:29pm

THREE HOURS!!!!!

I'm so afraid that I'm going to pass out from excitement and miss the show. I better go get ready.

"I just want a story and a few good songs that will take me away. I just want to be entertained. I mean, isn't that the point?"

Yankeefan007
#21re: Happy Opening Curtains!
Posted: 3/22/07 at 3:40pm

I know they replaced the reprise of Thinking of Him with I Miss The Music.

ken8631 Profile Photo
ken8631
#22re: Happy Opening Curtains!
Posted: 3/22/07 at 3:43pm

Saw it last night (when the critics were there - Scott Seigel sitting a few rows behind us). Was very good!

Raul should still get the Tony, David Hyde Pierce will probably get a nomination though. Great cast!

Worth seeing!

courtnyj Profile Photo
courtnyj
#23re: Happy Opening Curtains!
Posted: 3/22/07 at 4:27pm

T minus two hours! Gotta go get dolled up!

dramaqueen2 Profile Photo
dramaqueen2
#24re: Happy Opening Curtains!
Posted: 3/22/07 at 4:28pm

break a leg Curtains! =)

hear my song; it was made for the time when you don't know where to go, listen to the song that i sing, you'll be fine..