pixeltracker

Who Do YOU Want to Replace Ebersole?- Page 2

Who Do YOU Want to Replace Ebersole?

robbiej Profile Photo
robbiej
#25re: Who Do YOU Want to Replace Ebersole?
Posted: 6/18/07 at 4:16pm

Really, Doodle?? I've never really gotten from Prince any sense of true, deep desperation...in any of the roles I've seen her in. Also, I don't think she's got the same kind of freakish vocal range that both Ebersole and Clark have (soaring legit as well as brassy belt). I've seen both Prince and Clark in many things now, and it is my belief that Clark has a wider, deeper range than Prince. From H2$ to TITANIC to PIAZZA to FOLLIES, I think Clark is a bit of a wonder and would be perfect to succeed Ebersole.

"I'm so looking forward to a time when all the Reagan Democrats are dead."

jagfkb
#26re: Who Do YOU Want to Replace Ebersole?
Posted: 6/18/07 at 4:19pm

What about Bette Midler, Patti LuPone, or maybe even Maureen Moore/

mortgageguy79 Profile Photo
mortgageguy79
#27re: Who Do YOU Want to Replace Ebersole?
Posted: 6/18/07 at 4:20pm

I would say Kristin Chenoweth. But after Ebersole leaves, I think a big part of that show leaves with her.

Jack: For your information, most people who meet me do not know that I am gay. Will: Jack, blind and deaf people know you're gay. Dead people know you're gay. Jack: Grace, when you first met me, did you know I was gay? Grace: My dog knew.

doodlenyc Profile Photo
doodlenyc
#28re: Who Do YOU Want to Replace Ebersole?
Posted: 6/18/07 at 4:25pm

I just have to disagree...I guess that I am thinking too much of little edie, where Clark might pull it off, but not as little edie.

You may be right about Prince as Big Edie, however.

Perhaps the two ladies could share the role?

re: Who Do YOU Want to Replace Ebersole? Actually, I'm still hoping for Moore to succeed permanently in the part.

"Carson has combined his passion for helping children with his love for one of Cincinnati's favorite past times - cornhole - to create a unique and exciting event perfect for a corporate outing, entertaining clients or family fun."

"In Oz, the verb is douchifizzation." PRS

LittleFish8386 Profile Photo
LittleFish8386
#29re: Who Do YOU Want to Replace Ebersole?
Posted: 6/18/07 at 4:41pm

I think this show is going to and should follow suit with The Boy From Oz and just close when Ebersole leaves.

#30re: Who Do YOU Want to Replace Ebersole?
Posted: 6/18/07 at 4:53pm

i dont know about replacements, but i sure would love to hear Victoria Clark's take on WILL YOU?

broadwayguy2
#31re: Who Do YOU Want to Replace Ebersole?
Posted: 6/18/07 at 5:01pm

I vote for a closing notice and freeing up a nice theatre.
Ebersole can go back to being bored at home rather than onstage.

robbiej Profile Photo
robbiej
#32re: Who Do YOU Want to Replace Ebersole?
Posted: 6/18/07 at 5:04pm

Unlike the rest of you, I think the show is actually quite well written and, though it calls for an actress of very specific talents, there are a number of women who could rightfully play the Edies with a great deal of humor and pathos. Clark being one of them. And, though I don't think she's ideal vocally, Prince could probably pull it off.

"I'm so looking forward to a time when all the Reagan Democrats are dead."

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#33re: Who Do YOU Want to Replace Ebersole?
Posted: 6/18/07 at 5:04pm

^ Huh? When is Ebersole ever bored on stage?

broadwayguy2
#34re: Who Do YOU Want to Replace Ebersole?
Posted: 6/18/07 at 5:07pm

ljay, any time I have EVER seen Ebersole on stage.. in a show.. at a concert.. at an appearance. she has that same glazed over, "I don't want to be here" look on her face. I have never one found her to have any mit of magnetism as a performer. Completely unengaging. Like Laura Benanti... technically proficient, but soo cold and disconnected. He standrad 'ballad' delivery in Gardens is the same as she gave in 42nd Street.. and it is dull.

GYPSY1527 Profile Photo
GYPSY1527
#35re: Who Do YOU Want to Replace Ebersole?
Posted: 6/18/07 at 5:24pm

"Unlike the rest of you, I think the show is actually quite well written.."

Ha! (Said in Little Edie voice) Who said the show wasn't well written? I personally think its one of the best shows of the past couple of years and Ebersole is spectactular in it along with Wilson and the rest of the cast. My reason for stating that it should close is because while its a fantastic show, its audience appeal is limited and its had a very respectable run so far from the off-broadway production at Playwrights being extended three times to a full scale Broadway production garnering three tonys! Who could ask for more?

Personally, I feel it would be best to give Maureen Moore the National tour and have Ebersole and Wilson reprise their roles in a limited run west end production. Whether any of this will happen, we shall see...

Happy...Everything! Kaye Thompson

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#36re: Who Do YOU Want to Replace Ebersole?
Posted: 6/18/07 at 5:48pm

Chenowith ???

Poster Emeritus

Nick Plasia
#37re: Who Do YOU Want to Replace Ebersole?
Posted: 6/18/07 at 5:55pm

Betty Buckley.

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#38re: Who Do YOU Want to Replace Ebersole?
Posted: 6/18/07 at 6:15pm

Buckley is an inspired choice

Poster Emeritus

Clara's Pony Profile Photo
Clara's Pony
#39re: Who Do YOU Want to Replace Ebersole?
Posted: 6/18/07 at 6:17pm

Maureen Moore deserves it, although I saw her when Christine was on vacation and it seemed like a completely different show. Can't say I enjoyed it too much... I really hope MLW comes over to London with Christine, does anyone know for sure?

Why, hello Margaret! Yes darling, half past five. Well, everyone, simply le tout Park Avenue and la creme de Hyannis! Well, the press table's going to be awfully crowded... but if you don't mind sharing a folding chair with Harper's Bazaar... Sing? Me? Heavens no, it's Edie's day, not mine... Although people can be so insistent, and I hate to disappoint. Twist my arm, blackmail me, threaten my very life, and who knows? You might get a verse of something...

rosekwbp Profile Photo
rosekwbp
#40re: Who Do YOU Want to Replace Ebersole?
Posted: 6/18/07 at 6:21pm

I'd love to see Maureen get it. I'd also love to see Bernadette as Edith/Edie.

jess20882 Profile Photo
jess20882
#41re: Who Do YOU Want to Replace Ebersole?
Posted: 6/18/07 at 6:22pm

jan maxwell

defyingravity11 Profile Photo
defyingravity11
#42re: Who Do YOU Want to Replace Ebersole?
Posted: 6/18/07 at 6:48pm

Chenoweth and Bean, but no Menzel!? This is madness!

But seriously, I would love to see Victoria Clark or Betty Buckley.

"In theater, the process of it is the experience. Everyone goes through the process, and everyone has the experience together. It doesn't last - only in people's memories and in their hearts. That's the beauty and sadness of it. But that's life - beauty and the sadness. And that is why theater is life." - Sherie Rene Scott

Doogie Profile Photo
Doogie
#43re: Who Do YOU Want to Replace Ebersole?
Posted: 6/18/07 at 7:04pm

there is a rumor that Lesley Ann Warren wants to do it (I'm serious) and I think if she can handle the first act vocally, she'd be great.

Admittedly, I'm a fan of hers.
Updated On: 6/18/07 at 07:04 PM

americanboy99 Profile Photo
americanboy99
#44re: Who Do YOU Want to Replace Ebersole?
Posted: 6/18/07 at 7:07pm

I still think Donna could do it.

Updated On: 6/18/07 at 07:07 PM

nyc44
#45re: Who Do YOU Want to Replace Ebersole?
Posted: 6/18/07 at 7:17pm

Isn't Chenoweth a bit young looking for this role? I think in a few years or so she could absolutely pull it off though.

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#46re: Who Do YOU Want to Replace Ebersole?
Posted: 6/18/07 at 7:19pm

I was joking about Cheno in the role.

I think she's too short. She'd be as high as Kelsey Fowler. Updated On: 6/18/07 at 07:19 PM

americanboy99 Profile Photo
americanboy99
#47re: Who Do YOU Want to Replace Ebersole?
Posted: 6/18/07 at 7:20pm

I do think in the future we may see a revival starring Kristin Chenoweth.

ElFantasma14 Profile Photo
ElFantasma14
#48re: Who Do YOU Want to Replace Ebersole?
Posted: 6/18/07 at 7:21pm

Lesley Ann Warren? She was horrendous in Cinderella. I hope not.

Betty Buckley is a really good idea. She's a little too old, but I can definately see it.

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#49re: Who Do YOU Want to Replace Ebersole?
Posted: 6/18/07 at 7:47pm

I would LOVE to see Maureen Moore take over.

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

Videos