pixeltracker

Megan Lewis on as Little Edie 7/14-7/15

Megan Lewis on as Little Edie 7/14-7/15

somethingwicked Profile Photo
somethingwicked
#1Megan Lewis on as Little Edie 7/14-7/15
Posted: 6/21/07 at 9:37pm

I just heard from Megan that she'll be going on for Erin Davie as Little Edie in "Grey Gardens" for the first time on July 14th, as well as July 15th.

I advise everyone interested in seeing her to go out and show your support. She's sure to be wonderful in the role!

Tonya Pinkins: Then we had a "Lot's Wife" last June that was my personal favorite. I'm still trying to get them to let me sing it at some performance where we get to sing an excerpt that's gone.
Tony Kushner: You can sing it at my funeral.

Yankeefan007
#2re: Megan Lewis on as Little Edie 7/14-7/15
Posted: 6/21/07 at 9:38pm

Was she the one who was tarred and feathered here for doing her job?

Can't wait to see her take on the role.
Updated On: 6/21/07 at 09:38 PM

ashley0139
#2re: Megan Lewis on as Little Edie 7/14-7/15
Posted: 6/21/07 at 9:44pm

I'm sure Megan will be great, but we should definitely commend Erin on the fact that she hasn't yet missed any shows! That's great for her.

"This table, he is over one hundred years old. If I could, I would take an old gramophone needle and run it along the surface of the wood. To hear the music of the voices. All that was said." - Doug Wright, I Am My Own Wife

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#3re: Megan Lewis on as Little Edie 7/14-7/15
Posted: 6/21/07 at 9:52pm

I did read that Davie would take a few days post-Tony Awards, I admire very much the fact that she has yet to miss a performance. I would love to see Lewis' take on the role though.

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

somethingwicked Profile Photo
somethingwicked
#4re: Megan Lewis on as Little Edie 7/14-7/15
Posted: 6/21/07 at 10:43pm

bump.

Tonya Pinkins: Then we had a "Lot's Wife" last June that was my personal favorite. I'm still trying to get them to let me sing it at some performance where we get to sing an excerpt that's gone.
Tony Kushner: You can sing it at my funeral.

fyffe Profile Photo
fyffe
#5re: Megan Lewis on as Little Edie 7/14-7/15
Posted: 6/21/07 at 11:43pm

Actually, she was tarred and feathered on here for being an obnoxious and rude audience member, NOT for doing her job.

Kev

did I rock the family boat by dining on the help?-LESTAT

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#6re: Megan Lewis on as Little Edie 7/14-7/15
Posted: 6/21/07 at 11:51pm

I sense a Megan Lewis/GREY GARDENS boycott eminent. re: Megan Lewis on as Little Edie 7/14-7/15

At least for July 14th & 15.

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#7re: Megan Lewis on as Little Edie 7/14-7/15
Posted: 6/21/07 at 11:55pm

"Actually, she was tarred and feathered on here for being an obnoxious and rude audience member, NOT for doing her job."

I remember that. I wonder how she'd like it if someone did that while she went on.

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

wonderfulwizard11 Profile Photo
wonderfulwizard11
#8re: Megan Lewis on as Little Edie 7/14-7/15
Posted: 6/21/07 at 11:56pm

Did either of you read the response Megan posted?

I am a firm believer in serendipity- all the random pieces coming together in one wonderful moment, when suddenly you see what their purpose was all along.

millie_dillmount
#9re: Megan Lewis on as Little Edie 7/14-7/15
Posted: 6/22/07 at 12:02am

No. Who posted the thread? I'm interested in reading it.

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

BwayBaby18 Profile Photo
BwayBaby18
#10re: Megan Lewis on as Little Edie 7/14-7/15
Posted: 6/22/07 at 12:03am

i'd like to not commend davie considering she sucks in the show and should miss more often.

millie_dillmount
#11re: Megan Lewis on as Little Edie 7/14-7/15
Posted: 6/22/07 at 12:04am

You should really back up your opinion, especially with a negative statement like that. What was wrong with her?

wonderfulwizard11
#12re: Megan Lewis on as Little Edie 7/14-7/15
Posted: 6/22/07 at 12:05am

BwayBaby, that was unnecessarily rude and uncalled for.

millie, here is the thread:
Thread here

I am a firm believer in serendipity- all the random pieces coming together in one wonderful moment, when suddenly you see what their purpose was all along.

GYPSY1527 Profile Photo
GYPSY1527
#13re: Megan Lewis on as Little Edie 7/14-7/15
Posted: 6/22/07 at 12:55am

I'll be there on the 14th! Can't wait!

Happy...Everything! Kaye Thompson

Jellylorum Profile Photo
Jellylorum
#14re: Megan Lewis on as Little Edie 7/14-7/15
Posted: 6/22/07 at 1:03am

I won't be able to see Grey Gardens this summer, but I'm interested in hearing how Megan Lewis is as Little Edie.

"It's a goddamn beautiful day, shut up!"
Updated On: 6/22/07 at 01:03 AM

juice23 Profile Photo
juice23
#15re: Megan Lewis on as Little Edie 7/14-7/15
Posted: 6/22/07 at 1:22am

Yeah, whoever said Erin Davie isn't good in the role should be shot. She's such a great part of the show, and kudos to her worth ethic and immune system!

Good luck to Megan taking over for a couple days.

My Music Classroom Giving Page: https://www.donorschoose.org/MrHMusicRoom

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#16re: Megan Lewis on as Little Edie 7/14-7/15
Posted: 6/22/07 at 1:25am

BwayBaby18 is just a tired old queen who can't get a job on Broadway himself, so he puts down others who are actually having success on Broadway. Sad.

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)

Bubba2 Profile Photo
Bubba2
#17re: Megan Lewis on as Little Edie 7/14-7/15
Posted: 6/22/07 at 11:48am

I think Megan will do a great job.

BwayBaby...you are a nasty and small person.

Hi there.

logan0215 Profile Photo
logan0215
#18re: Megan Lewis on as Little Edie 7/14-7/15
Posted: 6/22/07 at 12:18pm

Well depending on the validity of Christine's break 7Jul-14Jul, we may have a double-u/s day on 14Jul.

I'll be there.

I love America. Just because I think gay dudes should be allowed to adopt kids and we should all have hybrid cars doesn't mean I don't love America. [turns and winks directly into the camera] - Liz Lemon (Tina Fey) on 30 Rock

jrb_actor Profile Photo
jrb_actor
#19re: Megan Lewis on as Little Edie 7/14-7/15
Posted: 6/22/07 at 12:22pm

Christine gave up her vacation in July.

C is for Company
#20re: Megan Lewis on as Little Edie 7/14-7/15
Posted: 6/22/07 at 3:37pm

Considering the PM I got a few days ago from BwayBaby18, that comment does not surprise me.

In any case, whoever does go to see her please report back to everyone about how she was! I love Erin in the role, she does a terrific job, but it must be interesting for someone else to finally step into the role.

BwayBaby18 Profile Photo
BwayBaby18
#21re: Megan Lewis on as Little Edie 7/14-7/15
Posted: 6/22/07 at 3:45pm

Oh, don't get your playbills in a twist. I'm sorry i don't see why people find her interesting. i was thoroughly bored with her performance.

wonderfulwizard11
#22re: Megan Lewis on as Little Edie 7/14-7/15
Posted: 6/22/07 at 3:46pm

I don't care if you didn't like her, but there is no need to say uncessarily bitchy comments.

InfiniteTheaterFrenzy Profile Photo
InfiniteTheaterFrenzy
#23re: Megan Lewis on as Little Edie 7/14-7/15
Posted: 6/22/07 at 3:49pm

I LOVED Megan Lewis in The 60's Project. She was enthralling.

[title of show] on Broadway. it's time. believe.

Clara's Pony Profile Photo
Clara's Pony
#24re: Megan Lewis on as Little Edie 7/14-7/15
Posted: 6/22/07 at 3:59pm

Sad I won't have the chance to see Megan... to any BWWer going, please do post a review!

Why, hello Margaret! Yes darling, half past five. Well, everyone, simply le tout Park Avenue and la creme de Hyannis! Well, the press table's going to be awfully crowded... but if you don't mind sharing a folding chair with Harper's Bazaar... Sing? Me? Heavens no, it's Edie's day, not mine... Although people can be so insistent, and I hate to disappoint. Twist my arm, blackmail me, threaten my very life, and who knows? You might get a verse of something...

Videos