pixeltracker

A Note on the Official Legally Blonde Recording

A Note on the Official Legally Blonde Recording

adamized88 Profile Photo
adamized88
#1A Note on the Official Legally Blonde Recording
Posted: 6/25/07 at 2:35pm

The OBC cast recording is different than the leaked rough mix. There are considerable diffferneces in some of the songs. No overture, horter dance breaks in what you want, a bonus hidden track, etc. on the retail version ad the mix is considerably different. In both the orchestrations, vocal level and and overall quality.

The leaked version was sent to Tony Voters and was a rough/unmastered assembly so that those voters could listen and cast their Tony ballots. It wasn't finished....

The final cd with a 44 page booklet and photos is the recording that everyone should support.

It is a shame that the Tony voters leaked this version. It is also a shame that we who claim to love Broadway and want to support the future of cast recordings are not supporting sh-k-boom's effort to preserve them.

If you have the leaked version I would encourage you buy the the new version if not for yourself (because you like listening to rough unfinished mixes) then for a friend.

"Nothing is an accident, We are free to have it all, We are what we want to be, It's in ourselves to rise or fall!!" - "Fortune Favors the Brave" from Aida - the love that never died

antonijan Profile Photo
antonijan
#2re: A Note on the Official Legally Blonde Recording
Posted: 6/25/07 at 2:42pm

I'll definitely buy it...and also:

All Shook Up
Dirty Rotten Scoundrel
Sweeney Todd
Hairspray Movie

Julian2
#2re: A Note on the Official Legally Blonde Recording
Posted: 6/25/07 at 2:50pm

Does anyone else smell another antonijan picture series?

Because I do, and it smells like rotting playbills.

I have several names, one is Julian2. I am also The Opps Girl. But cross me, and I become Bitch Dooku!

jaystarr Profile Photo
jaystarr
#3re: A Note on the Official Legally Blonde Recording
Posted: 6/25/07 at 2:54pm

Howcome the OBCR of Legally Blonde has no Overture ?

J*
Updated On: 6/25/07 at 02:54 PM

Born To Reign Profile Photo
Born To Reign
#4re: A Note on the Official Legally Blonde Recording
Posted: 6/25/07 at 2:58pm

I don't know, jaystarr, but I was disappointed.

And adamized, I wholeheartedly agree. We should all be supporting cast recordings by buying them for the shows we love!

It's just a message board. Let's not take it too seriously.

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#5re: A Note on the Official Legally Blonde Recording
Posted: 6/25/07 at 3:01pm

"If you have the leaked version I would encourage you buy the the new version if not for yourself (because you like listening to rough unfinished mixes) then for a friend."

I still plan on buying the actual cast recording nonetheless! I was going to get it this week maybe but I am broke.

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

jaystarr Profile Photo
jaystarr
#6re: A Note on the Official Legally Blonde Recording
Posted: 6/25/07 at 3:02pm

and the Leaked Version (for Tony Voters ) have an Overture and an Extended Dance Version of What You Want ?

J*

jaystarr Profile Photo
jaystarr
#7re: A Note on the Official Legally Blonde Recording
Posted: 6/25/07 at 3:02pm

oops double...sorry

J* Updated On: 6/25/07 at 03:02 PM

ClumsyDude15 Profile Photo
ClumsyDude15
#8re: A Note on the Official Legally Blonde Recording
Posted: 6/25/07 at 3:04pm

Is the vocal for Laura Bell Bundy in So Much Better any better than one heard on the rough mix

"Anybody that goes to the theater, I think we’re all misfits, so we ended up on stage or in the audience.” --- Patti LuPone.

Born To Reign
#9re: A Note on the Official Legally Blonde Recording
Posted: 6/25/07 at 3:04pm

Ugh! I bought it, but now I want the leaked version for the overture and longer dance break! I was so disappointed when I just heard "May I approach" without the rest of the "legal jargon"

little_sally Profile Photo
little_sally
#10re: A Note on the Official Legally Blonde Recording
Posted: 6/25/07 at 3:08pm

I don't love the leaked version enough to buy the actual recording.

A little swash, a bit of buckle - you'll love it more than bread.

ClumsyDude15 Profile Photo
ClumsyDude15
#11re: A Note on the Official Legally Blonde Recording
Posted: 6/25/07 at 3:11pm

I love what I heard on the leaked and most deff will be buying the recording. :)

"Anybody that goes to the theater, I think we’re all misfits, so we ended up on stage or in the audience.” --- Patti LuPone.

MarkRascati
#12re: A Note on the Official Legally Blonde Recording
Posted: 6/25/07 at 3:21pm

"OBC cast recording"

The Original Broadway Cast cast recording? re: A Note on the Official Legally Blonde Recording

jaystarr Profile Photo
jaystarr
#13re: A Note on the Official Legally Blonde Recording
Posted: 6/25/07 at 3:27pm

I just finished listening to the whole recording of Legally Blonde OBCR on my iPod.
I am not an expert "audiophile" but somehow this recording does not sound good at all- quality wise. I mean the sound is not "RICH" . Its same with my "High Fidelity OBCR" . Though I saw both shows last season. High Fidelity- twice ( bec. the try-out was here in Boston) and I dont remember it sounding like that.

Or is just probbably me? but my Company, Grey Gardens & 110 in the Shade really sound good.(all were transfered from CD to itunes) I was wonderin' if its bec. its from PS Classics? Somehow, my 2- Sh-K-boom recordings sound inferior to my PS Classics CDs . (Though I have to mention that Sh-K-Boom ships fast ! ) I probbably have to get myself a BOSE speaker !

Just a thought..

J*
Updated On: 6/25/07 at 03:27 PM

Born To Reign
#14re: A Note on the Official Legally Blonde Recording
Posted: 6/25/07 at 3:34pm

ah, ranscati, a huge pet peeve of mine, too. Same as "ATM machine" and "PIN number"

spybud007
#15re: A Note on the Official Legally Blonde Recording
Posted: 6/25/07 at 5:51pm

What is the hidden bonus track on the cd?

Born To Reign
#16re: A Note on the Official Legally Blonde Recording
Posted: 6/25/07 at 6:18pm

It's the Kyle theme, with some of his dialogue

Wicked63
#17re: A Note on the Official Legally Blonde Recording
Posted: 6/25/07 at 6:25pm

Sounds like another A Chorus Line****up. Of course you'll get your Overture etc etc you'll just have to fork out to download on iTunes.

Born To Reign
#18re: A Note on the Official Legally Blonde Recording
Posted: 6/25/07 at 6:28pm

What happened with A Chorus Line?

husk_charmer
#19re: A Note on the Official Legally Blonde Recording
Posted: 6/25/07 at 6:33pm

Born to Reign-

Sony promised that the CD would have both "...And.." and the cut overture. They then decided to make it only available if you bought it from the Real Player version of iTunes Store.

http://www.youtube.com/huskcharmer

Born To Reign
#20re: A Note on the Official Legally Blonde Recording
Posted: 6/25/07 at 6:38pm

Thanks! I was wondering where those were, but didn't realize they'd snaked me!

SporkGoddess
#21re: A Note on the Official Legally Blonde Recording
Posted: 6/25/07 at 6:44pm

Hey now, I just ordered the OBCR from their website (Amazon won't release it until July 17, and I admittedly couldn't wait. I'm addicted!)

I'm actually happy to hear about the shorter dance breaks. I don't find dance breaks fun when you're just listening to them, haha.

Jimmy, what are you doing here in the middle of the night? It's almost 9 PM!

Elphabatize Profile Photo
Elphabatize
#22re: A Note on the Official Legally Blonde Recording
Posted: 6/25/07 at 8:41pm

I just got my e-mail telling me that my OBCR (along with some other recordings) was shipped today!!! I am so excited to get my CDs and give LB a listen.

Dirty_Rotten_Guy Profile Photo
Dirty_Rotten_Guy
#23re: A Note on the Official Legally Blonde Recording
Posted: 6/25/07 at 9:45pm

i will certainly be buying the actual recording, for the sole reason of having that booklet :)

ill be interested to hear the differences between the leak and official recording...

My 2007/2008 Season: Grey Gardens (7/5) 110 in the Shade (7/6) Mary Poppins (7/7) Xanadu (7/7) Deuce (7/8) Spamalot (7/8) Jersey Boys (8/25) The Year of Magical Thinking (8/25) Mauritius (11/2) Young Frankenstein (11/3) Rock 'N' Roll (11/3) Pygmalion (11/4) Mauritius (11/10) Mauritius (11/21) Mauritius (11/21) Sunday in the Park with George (3/6) South Pacific (3/7) Gypsy (3/8) Cat on a Hot Tin Roof (3/9)

outdamnwench
#24re: A Note on the Official Legally Blonde Recording
Posted: 12/31/07 at 1:40pm

Does anyone know where I can download the Tony Voter's version? I have the OBC and a few tracks from the Tony version, but It would be cool to have the whole thing.