pixeltracker

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/29/2007

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/29/2007

Rob Profile Photo
Rob
#1Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/29/2007
Posted: 7/30/07 at 6:53pm

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/29/2007 Click below to access all the grosses from all the shows for the week ending 7/29/2007 in BroadwayWorld.com's grosses section.

Also, you will find information on each show's historical grosses, cumulative grosses and other statistics on how each show stacked up this week and in the past.

https://www.broadwayworld.com/grosses.cfm

wonderfulwizard11 Profile Photo
wonderfulwizard11
#2re: Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/29/2007
Posted: 7/30/07 at 7:04pm

Yay, Grey Gardens went out on a high!

I only wish the grosses could be like that through the whole run.

I am a firm believer in serendipity- all the random pieces coming together in one wonderful moment, when suddenly you see what their purpose was all along.

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#2re: Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/29/2007
Posted: 7/30/07 at 7:13pm

Exactly, those are the kinds of numbers the show deserved throughout the whole run, not just the past three weeks. Oh well, it is great to see it go out with a bang like it deserves.
It was overall a good week for Broadway.
XANADU's numbers are impressive.

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

americanboy99 Profile Photo
americanboy99
#3re: Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/29/2007
Posted: 7/30/07 at 7:18pm

You go, Grey Gardens. You go!

B3TA07 Profile Photo
B3TA07
#4re: Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/29/2007
Posted: 7/30/07 at 7:26pm

Legally Blonde hit a million again!

-Benjamin
--http://www.benjaminadgate.com/

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#5re: Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/29/2007
Posted: 7/30/07 at 7:27pm

LEGALLY BLONDE cracks a mil.
Very impressed.

shiz_student94
#6re: Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/29/2007
Posted: 7/30/07 at 7:33pm

I can't believe Legally Blonde is bringing in so much! As much as I loved the show, I didn't think it'd be 1 million successful.

"Sing 'till you're breaking glass or you're breaking down"

BroadwayEnthusiast2 Profile Photo
BroadwayEnthusiast2
#7re: Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/29/2007
Posted: 7/30/07 at 7:40pm

Only some shows CAN make a mil. because of the number of seats and lack of discounts.

"I mean, sitting side by side with another man watching Patti LuPone play Rose in GYPSY on Broadway is essentially the equivalent of having hardcore sex." -Wanna Be A Foster. "Say 'Goody.' Say 'Bubbi.'" ... "That's it. Exactly as if it were 'Goody.' Now I know you're gonna sing 'Goody' this time, but nevertheless..."

rgaywrites Profile Photo
rgaywrites
#8re: Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/29/2007
Posted: 7/30/07 at 8:47pm

I think I'm one of the few people that openly loves Phantom of the Opera, yet even I have to admit, their numbers, week after week, defy credulity. How do they stay so high, 20 years or so into their run while other fantastic shows continue to close? There must be some kind of special aromatherapy crack injected into the theatre before each performance.

yankees1253 Profile Photo
yankees1253
#9re: Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/29/2007
Posted: 7/30/07 at 9:15pm

congrats to Legally Blonde....this show is incredible and amazing
Also, beauty-110-grey gardens for their impressive closing marks.

henryt
#10re: Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/29/2007
Posted: 7/30/07 at 10:05pm

Why was Beauty's gross lower this week than last week? Because so many closing night tix were comped? I'm perplexed!

ucjrdude902 Profile Photo
ucjrdude902
#11re: Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/29/2007
Posted: 7/30/07 at 10:20pm

Legally Blonde is doing suprisingly well.

ElFantasma14 Profile Photo
ElFantasma14
#12re: Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/29/2007
Posted: 7/30/07 at 10:50pm

Henryt, you're exactly right. I'd be willing to be 75% of the theatre or more was comped closing night.

bjh2114 Profile Photo
bjh2114
#13re: Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/29/2007
Posted: 7/31/07 at 12:30am

Yeah Xanadu!!! Climb those charts! So glad to see Grey Gardens go out with the bang it deserved. It shall be missed.

GYPSY1527 Profile Photo
GYPSY1527
#14re: Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/29/2007
Posted: 7/31/07 at 1:01am

It's so bitter sweet for me to see Grey Gardens have those type of percentages. It should have always been as successful as it has been in the past few weeks but as others have said, I'm glad it went out with a bang, a big one at that!

Happy...Everything! Kaye Thompson

BrianIdol Profile Photo
BrianIdol
#15re: Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/29/2007
Posted: 7/31/07 at 1:05am

Will other shows suffer with the opening of the "soon-to-be-blockbusters": Little Mermaid and Young Frankenstein?

BroadwayEnthusiast2
#16re: Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/29/2007
Posted: 7/31/07 at 1:08am

I'm sure they will, especially around the holidays. I'm thinking SA will continue to do really well, but I think XanadU may sadly go down, down, down, down.

"I mean, sitting side by side with another man watching Patti LuPone play Rose in GYPSY on Broadway is essentially the equivalent of having hardcore sex." -Wanna Be A Foster. "Say 'Goody.' Say 'Bubbi.'" ... "That's it. Exactly as if it were 'Goody.' Now I know you're gonna sing 'Goody' this time, but nevertheless..."

BrianIdol Profile Photo
BrianIdol
#17re: Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/29/2007
Posted: 7/31/07 at 1:44am

that sucks for the shows,...but i must say it makes me (a ticket buyer) a bit excited, in the sense that I may FINALLY get to see Jersey Boys.

BroadwayEnthusiast2
#18re: Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/29/2007
Posted: 7/31/07 at 2:58am

Sorry to burst your bubble, but I'm sure Jersey Boys will continue selling out regardelss of whether YF and TLM are the hottest tickets (which I'm sure they will be.)

Smaxie Profile Photo
Smaxie
#19re: Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/29/2007
Posted: 7/31/07 at 5:39am

New hit shows help other shows too. Say you are a tourist visiting New York, and you love Young Frankenstein or The Little Mermaid, it might make you want to see another show, in which case any number of other shows on the boards reap the benefit.

Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end: then stop.

songanddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
#20re: Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/29/2007
Posted: 7/31/07 at 7:24am

well done LB, with 89 percent attendance its still breaking the million dollar mark.

I dont know why people say its doing surprisingly well, the show got some great reviews.

Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna

MasterLcZ Profile Photo
MasterLcZ
#21re: Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/29/2007
Posted: 7/31/07 at 7:40am

Glad to see CURTAINS is doing well. Keep it up, kids.

"Christ, Bette Davis?!?!"

lawyerman Profile Photo
lawyerman
#22re: Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/29/2007
Posted: 7/31/07 at 9:58am

Im also surprised at how surprised everyone is re: Legally Blonde. Its a big smash hit with relatively great reviews, a built in fan base of teenage girls and law firm outings, and damn good attendance so far- 89% of the Palace, thats pretty big numbers.

congrats to em.

i am quite dismayed to see Grease is filled to 99% capacity before opening. just because that means it will be around for a long time, is critic proof...and grease is SO SO dull at this point.

i dont know how long Drowsy is gon stay open- but it wont be thru the holidays. and i cant figure out whose ego is big enough to insist on Deuce clinging to these pathetic numbers.

Videos