Annaleigh in Wicked

Pascal/Menzel/Bundy Profile Photo
Pascal/Menzel/Bundy
#1Annaleigh in Wicked
Posted: 10/26/07 at 10:48am

This pic was on broadway.com and I think she looks gorgeous! I want to see her in this so badly!

[IMG]Annaleigh in Wicked

*okay apparently I can't get the image to work, so just go to broadway.com's stagenotes section and you'll see what I'm talking about*

"It means nothing to come and sit in a theater night after night and immerse yourself in fantasy, only then to walk out the door and be unchanged in reality. This show will live on in our hearts. But where it truly must survive is in our actions, our compassion and our generousity of spirit towards one another." - Adam Pascal on the closing of RENT
Updated On: 10/26/07 at 10:48 AM

WaltSummersPI Profile Photo
WaltSummersPI
#2re: Annaleigh in Wicked
Posted: 10/26/07 at 10:56am

Random bitchy comment. Why does Broadway.com still watermark their photos? BWW.com takes NICER photos and lets us see the whole picture.

Popular Profile Photo
Popular
#2re: Annaleigh in Wicked
Posted: 10/26/07 at 11:01am

re: Annaleigh in Wicked

Updated On: 10/26/07 at 11:01 AM

Popular Profile Photo
Popular
#3re: Annaleigh in Wicked
Posted: 10/26/07 at 11:03am

re: Annaleigh in Wicked

EponineAmneris Profile Photo
EponineAmneris
#4re: Annaleigh in Wicked
Posted: 10/26/07 at 11:28am

THANK YOU for posting the pics re: Annaleigh in Wicked

"TO LOVE ANOTHER PERSON IS TO SEE THE FACE OF GOD"- LES MISERABLES--- "THERE'S A SPECIAL KIND OF PEOPLE KNOWN AS SHOW PEOPLE... WE'RE BORN EVERY NIGHT AT HALF HOUR CALL!"--- CURTAINS

BwayBaby18 Profile Photo
BwayBaby18
#5re: Annaleigh in Wicked
Posted: 10/26/07 at 11:32am

I really wish they would stop using that cheap fabric on the Glinda dress. I think Annaleigh is gorgeus but the agle of that pic is horrific and it also looks like it was painted.

somethingwicked Profile Photo
somethingwicked
#6re: Annaleigh in Wicked
Posted: 10/26/07 at 11:33am

Am I the only one who thinks that photo of Annaleigh Ashford looks severely airbrushed?

Tonya Pinkins: Then we had a "Lot's Wife" last June that was my personal favorite. I'm still trying to get them to let me sing it at some performance where we get to sing an excerpt that's gone.
Tony Kushner: You can sing it at my funeral.

Grand Motel Profile Photo
Grand Motel
#7re: Annaleigh in Wicked
Posted: 10/26/07 at 12:08pm

Yes, somethingwicked, you are. She looks absolutely beautiful.

ruprecht Profile Photo
ruprecht
#8re: Annaleigh in Wicked
Posted: 10/26/07 at 12:16pm

Want to talk about airbrushed pics? let's not even get started. I think Annaleigh looks like a dream.

Pascal/Menzel/Bundy Profile Photo
Pascal/Menzel/Bundy
#9re: Annaleigh in Wicked
Posted: 10/26/07 at 1:10pm

Thank you Popular! I'm sorry I'm so technology challenged.

"It means nothing to come and sit in a theater night after night and immerse yourself in fantasy, only then to walk out the door and be unchanged in reality. This show will live on in our hearts. But where it truly must survive is in our actions, our compassion and our generousity of spirit towards one another." - Adam Pascal on the closing of RENT

broadwayfan7 Profile Photo
broadwayfan7
#10re: Annaleigh in Wicked
Posted: 10/26/07 at 2:27pm

Both Stephanie and Annaleigh look gorgeous!

"Everytime you step on that stage it is somebody's first Broadway show and somebody's last Broadway show. Make it count."

ClumsyDude15 Profile Photo
ClumsyDude15
#11re: Annaleigh in Wicked
Posted: 10/26/07 at 2:39pm

She makes such a lovely avatar. =)

"Anybody that goes to the theater, I think we’re all misfits, so we ended up on stage or in the audience.” --- Patti LuPone.

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#12re: Annaleigh in Wicked
Posted: 10/26/07 at 2:42pm

Airbrushed? It actually looks like a cartoon/painting of her. It looks nothing like a real-life photo.

Joshua488
#13re: Annaleigh in Wicked
Posted: 10/26/07 at 2:46pm

I was thinking the same thing, BrodyFosse. She looks great... but the picture doesn't look real.

Justin D Profile Photo
Justin D
#14re: Annaleigh in Wicked
Posted: 10/26/07 at 3:08pm

On first glance i thought her face was photoshopped over another Glinda. somehow it just doesn't look like it is "connected" right. Maybe its just the pose.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/27199361@N08/ Phantom at the Royal Empire Theatre

WaltSummersPI
#15re: Annaleigh in Wicked
Posted: 10/26/07 at 3:22pm

Is this the Bruce Glikas photo from Broadway.com? He can't photograph anything correctly.

Becoz_i_knew_you21 Profile Photo
Becoz_i_knew_you21
#16re: Annaleigh in Wicked
Posted: 10/26/07 at 3:30pm

I think it just looks odd because the photo was taken from a bad angle.

TWSFan4Ever Profile Photo
TWSFan4Ever
#17re: Annaleigh in Wicked
Posted: 10/26/07 at 3:44pm

Does anyone know how long Annaleigh is scheduled to be in WICKED?

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#18re: Annaleigh in Wicked
Posted: 10/26/07 at 3:45pm

It is definitely not a 'real' photo -- you can clearly tell just by looking around her face. Its definitely a drawing or someone overdid the airbrushing to remove any and all lines. Look at the eyebrows, the eyes; even the creases around her nose and her entire mouth are artificial. Even her arms and and hands look artificial. Only the dress and the wand are 'real' (not drawn) which leads one to believe her face was 'drawn' and superimposed over someone else's body.

WaltSummersPI
#19re: Annaleigh in Wicked
Posted: 10/26/07 at 3:48pm

Oh yeah, I totally just noticed that. It's most obvious at her hairline and the unnatural twist of her face Updated On: 10/26/07 at 03:48 PM

Dolly_Levi Profile Photo
Dolly_Levi
#20re: Annaleigh in Wicked
Posted: 10/26/07 at 4:51pm

That pic is def. photoshopped/airbrushed/retouched something.

Laughter is much more important than applause. Applause is almost a duty. Laughter is a reward. Carol Channing

Kalimba Profile Photo
Kalimba
#21re: Annaleigh in Wicked
Posted: 10/26/07 at 4:57pm

The more I look at the picture, the scarier it is. That's not the first time they've done something like that. I think they did the same thing when Shosana Bean was in the show (superimposed her head on Idina's body).

JulianHookbucks Profile Photo
JulianHookbucks
#22re: Annaleigh in Wicked
Posted: 10/26/07 at 5:38pm

I... think it's Megan Hilty... it looks like her wig... my favorite part is the half a bubble that dissapears into her face.

that's a really big mic...

ClumsyDude15 Profile Photo
ClumsyDude15
#23re: Annaleigh in Wicked
Posted: 10/26/07 at 5:45pm

I think the Stephanie picture isn't real, either.
I looks super-imposed too.

"Anybody that goes to the theater, I think we’re all misfits, so we ended up on stage or in the audience.” --- Patti LuPone.

maya5892 Profile Photo
maya5892
#24re: Annaleigh in Wicked
Posted: 10/26/07 at 5:51pm

"Is this the Bruce Glikas photo from Broadway.com? He can't photograph anything correctly."

A. No, it is not, it's Joan Marcus. It says at the source.
B. Yes, he can. All he does is take pics of the people backstage, and everyone seems to be in the frame and fine looking. So I don't see the problem.

Videos