Kate Shindle as Elphaba?

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#1Kate Shindle as Elphaba?
Posted: 11/14/07 at 8:33pm

I think she'd be a fine choice for the role. Anyone agree? She has the voice and the acting chops. I hope she has a bright future on Broadway.

Christina  Cooper Profile Photo
Christina Cooper
#2re: Kate Shindle as Elphaba?
Posted: 11/14/07 at 8:34pm

i love Kate.. But I just don't see it.. She may have the vocals.. but i just cant see her as Elphaba clad in the green make up

"It's terrible to have a house fall on you, it is, but accidents will happen"

jennafan
#2re: Kate Shindle as Elphaba?
Posted: 11/14/07 at 8:35pm

please.............no

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#3re: Kate Shindle as Elphaba?
Posted: 11/14/07 at 8:38pm

Why, no? She's talented enough. Certainly more-so than other Elphaba replacements.

henryt
#4re: Kate Shindle as Elphaba?
Posted: 11/14/07 at 9:01pm

Just because someone has the talent, doesn't mean they should get the role. That would be like saying Sherie Rene Scott as Elphaba. Yes, she's played the villain before. Yes, she would be able to act the role. But it doesn't mean that it would fit.

withoutlovewithoutU Profile Photo
withoutlovewithoutU
#5re: Kate Shindle as Elphaba?
Posted: 11/14/07 at 9:05pm

I could see Kate as Elphaba. I think she's a better fit then some of the people that have played the character before.

"If we don't live happily ever after at least we survive until the end of the week!" -Kermit the frog "I need the money... it costs a lot to look this cheap!" -Dolly P. "Oh please, Over at 'Gypsy' Patti LuPone hasn't even alienated her first daughter yet!" Mary Testa in "Xanadu" "...Like a drunk Chita Rivera!" Robin de Jesus in "In the Heights"

"B*tch, I don't know your life." -Xanadu After that if he still doesn't understand why you were uncomfortable and are now infuriated, kick him again but this time with Jazz Hands!!! -KillerTofu

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#6re: Kate Shindle as Elphaba?
Posted: 11/14/07 at 9:06pm

What "look" does Elphaba need? No 2 Elphaba's have looked alike. Smack some green makeup on her and let her do the rest with her large talent. I think a taller Elphaba would be interesting.

henryt
#7re: Kate Shindle as Elphaba?
Posted: 11/14/07 at 9:10pm

It's not the look as much as the personality.

antiandrewx Profile Photo
antiandrewx
#8re: Kate Shindle as Elphaba?
Posted: 11/14/07 at 9:21pm

I think she'd be fierce.

jake6970
#9re: Kate Shindle as Elphaba?
Posted: 11/14/07 at 9:29pm

I think she would be an incredible Elphaba. To me, she's perfect for the role. And henryt I actually think Sherie would make a great Elphaba too.

B3TA07 Profile Photo
B3TA07
#10re: Kate Shindle as Elphaba?
Posted: 11/14/07 at 9:30pm

It would be funny to pair her with a really short Glinda.

But seriously, this would make me go see that show again.

-Benjamin
--http://www.benjaminadgate.com/

Lauren_T
#11re: Kate Shindle as Elphaba?
Posted: 11/14/07 at 9:31pm

KATE FOR ELPHABA! KATE FOR ELPHABA!

i think she would be great! She would be amazing. Omg imagine her "No Good Deed" whoa! Her voice is amazing!

I think she would be a nice spin on the role! I think her role in "Legally Blonde" just makes her look bland and boring, but she isnt at all.

bwaylvsong
#12re: Kate Shindle as Elphaba?
Posted: 11/14/07 at 9:34pm

Yeah, I saw her in a Broadway revue in Atlantic City, and she was very vivacious.

bythesword84 Profile Photo
bythesword84
#13re: Kate Shindle as Elphaba?
Posted: 11/14/07 at 9:42pm

Kate as Elphaba would be the one thing to get me to see Wicked again.

And hang on, when did you win the discus?

ThankstoPhantom
#14re: Kate Shindle as Elphaba?
Posted: 11/14/07 at 9:42pm

Victoria Matlock, the most recent tour Elphaba, was around 6 feet in height. She had an intense prescence on stage, and her height only added to her mysterious portrayal.

How to properly use its/it's: Its is the possessive. It's is the contraction for it is...

jake6970
#15re: Kate Shindle as Elphaba?
Posted: 11/14/07 at 9:44pm

Victoria would also be a great Vivienne in Legally Blonde.

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#16re: Kate Shindle as Elphaba?
Posted: 11/14/07 at 9:54pm

As much as I hate to admit it... yeah, she's make an amazing Elphaba.

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

FlyingMonkey1223 Profile Photo
FlyingMonkey1223
#17re: Kate Shindle as Elphaba?
Posted: 11/14/07 at 9:57pm

I thought she was great in LB so I'd love to see her as Elphie.

carymetorent2 Profile Photo
carymetorent2
#18re: Kate Shindle as Elphaba?
Posted: 11/14/07 at 10:38pm

She would sing the crap out of "Defying Gravity" for sure.

And I think having a tall Elphaba is better because it gives some leeway to how tall the person playing Galinda could be. But, I think Kate would be fierce.

"Less Of A Marilyn, More Of A Jackie" www.richardhblake.com

LeaGirl Profile Photo
LeaGirl
#19re: Kate Shindle as Elphaba?
Posted: 11/14/07 at 10:57pm

I'd go broke.

Now what would you say if today I started over? Without a thing but this taped together four leaf clover And I'll pretend like everything is already alright And I'll run toward the sun till the castle's out of sight

carymetorent2 Profile Photo
carymetorent2
#20re: Kate Shindle as Elphaba?
Posted: 11/14/07 at 10:58pm

Word, LeaGirl :-P

"Less Of A Marilyn, More Of A Jackie" www.richardhblake.com

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#21re: Kate Shindle as Elphaba?
Posted: 11/14/07 at 11:01pm

She could wear witch/flats.
I love Kate but I don't see her as Elphaba,
But the crown on Glinda's head might add some drama.

Grand Motel Profile Photo
Grand Motel
#22re: Kate Shindle as Elphaba?
Posted: 11/14/07 at 11:17pm

While she could probably sing it without so much as blinking, she frankly doesn't have the depth, warmth or chops as an actress. Only my opinion but she's very stiff in her line delivery with the Legally Blonde material and that doesn't bode well for anything heavier.

jake6970
#23re: Kate Shindle as Elphaba?
Posted: 11/14/07 at 11:20pm

I disagree. Her material in Legally Blonde isn't the greatest and she makes the most of it. With a juicier part she could do much better.

defyingravity11 Profile Photo
defyingravity11
#24re: Kate Shindle as Elphaba?
Posted: 11/14/07 at 11:23pm

After hearing her on the Jekyll and Hyde recording (yes, I bought it) I immediately saw her in this role. I've only actually seen her in LB, but from what I've heard, she problably has the acting chops to pull it off.

"In theater, the process of it is the experience. Everyone goes through the process, and everyone has the experience together. It doesn't last - only in people's memories and in their hearts. That's the beauty and sadness of it. But that's life - beauty and the sadness. And that is why theater is life." - Sherie Rene Scott

Videos