News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

No Little Mermaid...Please Help!

No Little Mermaid...Please Help!

pushdabutton Profile Photo
pushdabutton
#1No Little Mermaid...Please Help!
Posted: 11/23/07 at 11:48pm

I am going to be in NYC next Wednesday and Thursday and had a ticket to The Little Mermaid on Wednesday night. Chances are the strike will still be going on and I will be looking to get a refund on my tickets. I am going to the matinee of The Christmas Spectacular on Wednesday. Does anyone have any suggestions of what to do on Wednesday night? I really don't have any interest in any of the handful of shows that are not affected by the strike. The only thing I could think of was to do the Greyline Double Decker bus Holiday Lights tour but just my luck, they do not start until December 1. I am staying in Times Square and was hoping to do something within walking distance.

Any suggestions? I really appreciate you help and look forward to your responses!

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#2re: No Little Mermaid...Please Help!
Posted: 11/23/07 at 11:50pm

There are still some other Broadway musicals playing, such as Mary Poppins, Xanadu, Spelling Bee, and YF. The cheap onstage seats to Xanadu might be sold out, but frequently check for tickets to those shows.

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

DRSisLove Profile Photo
DRSisLove
#2re: No Little Mermaid...Please Help!
Posted: 11/23/07 at 11:51pm

Wait and see if the strike ends this Sunday.
I have a feeling we may be in luck.

GlindatheGood22  Profile Photo
GlindatheGood22
#3re: No Little Mermaid...Please Help!
Posted: 11/23/07 at 11:52pm

You could try the wax museum or Ripley's Believe it or Not. 42 and Broadway, both of them. And DRS, you have no idea how much I hope you're right.

I know you. I know you. I know you.
Updated On: 11/23/07 at 11:52 PM

pushdabutton
#4re: No Little Mermaid...Please Help!
Posted: 11/24/07 at 12:01am

From your lips to God's ears I hope you are right DRS. I bought The Little Mermaid tickets the day they went on sale last June and I'm spending so much money just to get to NYC and a hotel. needless to say, I'm not very happy about the strike at all.

Millie, I have no desire to see Xanadu or YF, I have already seen Spelling Bee, and I am undecided about Mary Poppins. Great suggestions Glinda!

Keep the suggestions coming...they are much appreciated!

millie_dillmount
#5re: No Little Mermaid...Please Help!
Posted: 11/24/07 at 12:47am

Pushdabutton, I had Little Mermaid tickets for tomorrow (11/24), and I bought them over the summer not long after they went on sale. I realize it may sound selfish to complain about this, but I am really disappointed as well. Hope you get to see it!

Anyways, if not, there are many off-Broadway plays and musicals to choose from.

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

CapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
#6re: No Little Mermaid...Please Help!
Posted: 11/24/07 at 12:59am

PS: the following shows all started off-Broadway:

AVENUE Q
GREY GARDENS
SPRING AWAKENING
LITTLE SHOP OF HORRORS
IN THE HEIGHTS
RENT
URINETOWN
ASSASSINS
CAROLINE, OR CHANGE

Why not check out which treasures you'll find OFF-Broadway??

"The Spectacle has, indeed, an emotional attraction of its own, but, of all the parts, it is the least artistic, and connected least with the art of poetry. For the power of Tragedy, we may be sure, is felt even apart from representation and actors. Besides, the production of spectacular effects depends more on the art of the stage machinist than on that of the poet."
--Aristotle

winston89 Profile Photo
winston89
#7re: No Little Mermaid...Please Help!
Posted: 11/24/07 at 1:03am

I would suggest trying any off broadway shows. And Milli_Dilmont. The original poster said that they had no interest in any of the current playing broadway shows.

"If you try to shag my husband while I am still alive, I will shove the art of motorcycle maintenance up your rancid little Cu**. That's a good dear" Tom Stoppard's Rock N Roll

Little-Lotte Profile Photo
Little-Lotte
#8re: No Little Mermaid...Please Help!
Posted: 11/24/07 at 1:53am

I basically did the same thing you're gonna be doing. I had tickets to Little Mermaid last Wednesday but instead decided to go to the Christmas Spectacular than I saw Frankenstein Off-Broadway. So my suggestion of a show would definitely be Frankenstein! :)

pushdabutton
#9re: No Little Mermaid...Please Help!
Posted: 11/24/07 at 9:29am

An Off-Broadway show is an excellent idea. Besides Frankenstein (thanks for the suggestion Little-Lotte), what other Off-Broadway shows have everyone seen and would recommend?

jaystarr Profile Photo
jaystarr
#10re: No Little Mermaid...Please Help!
Posted: 11/24/07 at 9:42am

CELIA
GONE MISSING
SPEECH & DEBATE
MASKED
THE RECEPTIONIST
ALTAR BOYZ

BTW- I am sorry to hear that you missed The Little Mermaid. It happened to me too and I bought another tickets on January. Hope everything work for you ...Have a nice trip re: No Little Mermaid...Please Help!

J*

Updated On: 11/24/07 at 09:42 AM

musicandtemiror
#11re: No Little Mermaid...Please Help!
Posted: 11/24/07 at 10:49am

An Off-Broadway show is an excellent idea. Besides Frankenstein (thanks for the suggestion Little-Lotte), what other Off-Broadway shows have everyone seen and would recommend?

TITLE OF SHOW!! but thats not playing any more?! re: No Little Mermaid...Please Help!

Sorry I had to plug that show! Its SOO good!

Brave Sir Robin2 Profile Photo
Brave Sir Robin2
#12re: No Little Mermaid...Please Help!
Posted: 11/24/07 at 11:42am

Forbidden Broadway is a must-see!

"I saw Pavarotti play Rodolfo on stage and with his girth I thought he was about to eat the whole table at the Cafe Momus." - Dollypop

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#13re: No Little Mermaid...Please Help!
Posted: 11/24/07 at 12:08pm

I plan to see Gone Missing and Fuerzabruta. My friend says Fuerzabruta is fun and I have been wanting to see Gone Missing. I hear it is really good. Die Mommie die looks good. And Altar Boyz is a lot of fun!

Just give the world Love.

SillyGirl2
#14re: No Little Mermaid...Please Help!
Posted: 11/24/07 at 1:40pm

Frankenstein is definitely a great one to go see. There's also "I Love You, You're Perfect, Now Change!" which is a hilarious one. I'd reccomend those two to anyone and everyone.

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#15re: No Little Mermaid...Please Help!
Posted: 11/24/07 at 3:51pm

The Brothers Size at The Public also looks good. I may try see that while in town.

jaystarr Profile Photo
jaystarr
#16re: No Little Mermaid...Please Help!
Posted: 11/24/07 at 3:55pm

FUERZABRUTA does not offer any seats. Is that right? everyone is just standing?

J*

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#17re: No Little Mermaid...Please Help!
Posted: 11/24/07 at 3:58pm

Yes, everyone stands. And I am told that you are not standing in the same place at the end of the show as you were at the beginning. I am looking forward to seeing it. My friend said the only annoying thing is all of the people with their camera phones up in the air obstructing your view at times. He actually had to ask a number of people in front of him to lower their arms.

Updated On: 11/25/07 at 03:58 PM

millie_dillmount
#18re: No Little Mermaid...Please Help!
Posted: 11/24/07 at 7:08pm

"The original poster said that they had no interest in any of the current playing broadway shows."

Yes, I see that...where did I mention again that she should check out those shows?

Btw, she was undecided about Mary Poppins.

Dollypop
#19re: No Little Mermaid...Please Help!
Posted: 11/24/07 at 8:00pm

You may have trouble getting tickets for the shows that ARE running through the strike. Brooks Ashmanskas is featured in THE RITZ and in a recent phone call, he told me that they've been packed every night and may extend their run a little longer.

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)

B3TA07 Profile Photo
B3TA07
#20re: No Little Mermaid...Please Help!
Posted: 11/24/07 at 8:15pm

"Yes, I see that...where did I mention again that she should check out those shows? "

In your first ****ing post you idiot. Just shut up.

-Benjamin
--http://www.benjaminadgate.com/

millie_dillmount
#21re: No Little Mermaid...Please Help!
Posted: 11/24/07 at 9:57pm

Wow, excuse me. I misread the original poster's post. Your comment is completely uneccessary. Take your damn insults somewhere else and try contributing something worthwhile to this thread.

Updated On: 11/24/07 at 09:57 PM

pushdabutton
#22re: No Little Mermaid...Please Help!
Posted: 11/24/07 at 10:58pm

Great suggestions everyone. My intention was not to start a heated argument, I simply stated that I really didn't have any interest in any of the handful of shows that are not affected by the strike. I also did say that I was undecided about Mary Poppins. No need to argue.

I have already seen I Love You, You're Perfect Now Change. I just read a little bit about The Ritz. Has anyone seen it? If so, is it worth it?

Thanks again for your suggestions...keep them coming!

keen on kean Profile Photo
keen on kean
#23re: No Little Mermaid...Please Help!
Posted: 11/24/07 at 11:42pm

FuerzaBruta is also tough if you are claustrophobic.

pushdabutton
#24re: No Little Mermaid...Please Help!
Posted: 11/24/07 at 11:52pm

"FuerzaBruta is also tough if you are claustrophobic".

FuerzaBruta is now eliminated from my list!

Videos