pixeltracker

Who Have You Seen Naked on Stage?- Page 3

Who Have You Seen Naked on Stage?

chinkie azn jai Profile Photo
chinkie azn jai
#50re: Who Have You Seen Naked on Stage?
Posted: 12/16/07 at 9:44pm

Kathy Voytko in Passion.

"Chicago is it's own incredible theater town right there smack down in the middle of the heartland. What a great city! I can see why Oprah likes to live there!" - Dee Hoty :-D

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#51re: Who Have You Seen Naked on Stage?
Posted: 12/16/07 at 9:49pm

Ugh! I wish I could have seen Hunter Foster's butt...

keen on kean Profile Photo
keen on kean
#52re: Who Have You Seen Naked on Stage?
Posted: 12/16/07 at 9:50pm

Jonathan Cake in CYMBELINE. Nice memory, that one.

misschung
#53re: Who Have You Seen Naked on Stage?
Posted: 12/16/07 at 10:06pm

Please, we can see Patrick naked whenever we want in Angels in America and Little Children.

Oh, I know. But not live re: Who Have You Seen Naked on Stage?

*looks at Little Children DVD*

The morning star always gets wonderful bright the minute before it has to go --doesn't it?

SweetQintheLights
#54re: Who Have You Seen Naked on Stage?
Posted: 12/16/07 at 10:08pm

"I saw Kate Monster's boobs... "

Jeez! I thought I was the only one. re: Who Have You Seen Naked on Stage?

And, I've seen "Naked Boys Singing"....

"How bout a little black dress?"~hannahshule "I have a penis, not a vagina." ~munkustrap178

DoranC
#55re: Who Have You Seen Naked on Stage?
Posted: 12/16/07 at 10:11pm

"There's nudity in King Lear?!"

I think Shakespeare's direction is simply that Lear "Begins to disrobe," but I know Ian Holm in the National Theatre production got totally nekked. (I only saw him from the bum side from where I was sitting). It's done during the storm scene where Lear encounters 'Poor Tom'/Edgar, the "unaccomodated man."

Updated On: 12/16/07 at 10:11 PM

Perfectly Marvelous Profile Photo
Perfectly Marvelous
#56re: Who Have You Seen Naked on Stage?
Posted: 12/16/07 at 10:20pm

From what I can remember;

Hunter Foster in The Full Monty.

Good times.

"I am and always will be the optimist. The hoper of far-flung hopes and dreamer of improbable dreams." - Doctor Who

"Yes, the brutalities of progress are called revolutions. When they are over, men recognize that the human race has been harshly treated but it has moved forward." - Les Miserables

MickeyCT
#57re: Who Have You Seen Naked on Stage?
Posted: 12/16/07 at 10:26pm

Well, I was *in* a production of LVC, so... the rest of my cast. I'd add myself to the list, but I see that all the time. re: Who Have You Seen Naked on Stage?

"It's smarter to be lucky than it's lucky to be smart."

mikem Profile Photo
mikem
#58re: Who Have You Seen Naked on Stage?
Posted: 12/16/07 at 10:46pm

I could have sworn that Elisabeth Withers-Mendes was wearing a G-string in The Color Purple rather than a body suit. It was kind of dark, though.

"What was the name of that cheese that I like?" "you can't run away forever...but there's nothing wrong with getting a good head start" "well I hope and I pray, that maybe someday, you'll walk in the room with my heart"

nybearhugz Profile Photo
nybearhugz
#59re: Who Have You Seen Naked on Stage?
Posted: 12/16/07 at 11:23pm

What a fun thread !!!!!

Hiram
#60re: Who Have You Seen Naked on Stage?
Posted: 12/16/07 at 11:26pm

In addition to many previously mentioned, Maxwell Caulfield in SALONIKA and Jesse Tyler Ferguson and Jay Goede in THE MOST FABULOUS STORY EVER TOLD. Updated On: 12/16/07 at 11:26 PM

jwsel
#61re: Who Have You Seen Naked on Stage?
Posted: 12/17/07 at 1:29am

"Ian McKellen- King Lear (he has the biggest...I've ever seen)"

My mom saw King Lear a week before me. All she could talk about was that scene (and the size of his . . .). She was right.

Besides that, the cast of a touring production of Hair; one of the characters in the Steppenwolf's Broadway transfer of The Grapes of Wrath; Julie Walters in Frankie & Johnny in the West End; and David Haig in Dead Funny also in the West End. (For the last one, I thought the people next to me would die when he took off his pants. We were in the front row and he walked right up in front of them before sitting down stage center.)

lightguy06222
#62re: Who Have You Seen Naked on Stage?
Posted: 12/17/07 at 1:48am

I dont know about when you guys saw Spring Awakening, but NOONE was naked in that show. All you saw was Lea Michelles breasts (which would be considered partial nudity) and Groffs butt(which is not considered nudity at all.

Naked Boys Singing... Equus.... Hair... THOSE have nudity....
Updated On: 12/17/07 at 01:48 AM

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#63re: Who Have You Seen Naked on Stage?
Posted: 12/17/07 at 2:20am

I'm considering any usually unexposed body part to be nudity. If breasts and butts aren't nudity then the only thing left would be the other stuff and that is simply not all that nudity entails. True, though, that if Spring Awakening were a movie it would probably only warrant a brief nudity warning at the start of the film.

TheActr97J Profile Photo
TheActr97J
#64re: Who Have You Seen Naked on Stage?
Posted: 12/17/07 at 2:25am

I think Shakespeare's direction is simply that Lear "Begins to disrobe," but I know Ian Holm in the National Theatre production got totally nekked. (I only saw him from the bum side from where I was sitting). It's done during the storm scene where Lear encounters 'Poor Tom'/Edgar, the "unaccomodated man."

That's what I figured. I've just never seen a production that went the full monty. Kevin Kline's Lear had sort of a diaper on! It definitely makes sense dramatically and to me would be even more disturbing and heart-breaking to see the character so degraded.

and Groffs butt(which is not considered nudity at all.

Last time I checked, a bare asS is considered nudity by every human being in the world, except for you apparently. Partial nudity, but (haha, butt) nudity none the less.

"I seem to have wandered into the BRAIN load-out thread... "
-best12bars

"Sorry I am a Theatre major not a English Major"
-skibumb5290

lightguy06222
#65re: Who Have You Seen Naked on Stage?
Posted: 12/17/07 at 2:27am

true true... but people mention the "cast of spring awakening" and im not sure i consider one set of breasts and one butt to be seeing the cast nude. but yea, i guess its still exposing something that is normally covered.

TheActr97J Profile Photo
TheActr97J
#66re: Who Have You Seen Naked on Stage?
Posted: 12/17/07 at 4:33am

I mean, if Jon Groff wanted to go by your defition of nude, who am I to stop him? re: Who Have You Seen Naked on Stage?

"I seem to have wandered into the BRAIN load-out thread... "
-best12bars

"Sorry I am a Theatre major not a English Major"
-skibumb5290

LifeofTheParty2 Profile Photo
LifeofTheParty2
#67re: Who Have You Seen Naked on Stage?
Posted: 12/17/07 at 6:15am

A lot of these were occupational hazards...

Johnny Galecki, Neal Huff and Tom Everett Scott in Little Dog Laughed
Kelly AuCoin and Romain Frugé in Some Men (I never got tired of Romain's behind)
Tony Schaloub's butt in The Scene
Tony Goldwyn in Water's Edge
Daniel Eric Gold in Suburbia, (during previews before the subscribers complained)
Various rear ends of Maureen
Kate Monster in Avenue Q

God, I've got a bunch of naked men, a few female butts, and a puppet. There might be more, but all the repeated viewings kind of cloud right over those.

mallardo Profile Photo
mallardo
#68re: Who Have You Seen Naked on Stage?
Posted: 12/17/07 at 6:16am

Carla Gugino in "After ther Fall". And the two lead actors in "Bugs" - names escape me - who must have been nude for fully a third of the play.

Faced with these Loreleis, what man can moralize!

#69re: Who Have You Seen Naked on Stage?
Posted: 12/17/07 at 8:12am

yo mama.

Mattbrain
#70re: Who Have You Seen Naked on Stage?
Posted: 12/17/07 at 8:36am

Oh, snap, n69n.

Lea and Jonathan in Spring Awakening
Whoever the hell was playing Maureen that night in Rent

Butters, go buy World of Warcraft, install it on your computer, and join the online sensation before we all murder you. --Cartman: South Park ATTENTION FANS: I will be played by James Barbour in the upcoming musical, "BroadwayWorld: The Musical."

South Fl Marc Profile Photo
South Fl Marc
#71re: Who Have You Seen Naked on Stage?
Posted: 12/17/07 at 9:35am

I've seen so many actors naked on stage - but my favorite is still one of my firsts. Peter Firth in Equus proved he not only worshipped horses, he was also hung like one.

cur10call
#72re: Who Have You Seen Naked on Stage?
Posted: 12/17/07 at 1:30pm

Kate Levering's boobs in Thou Shalt Not
I forget who in The Wild Party
The cast of The Full Monty four different times
Many butts in Cabaret
The entire team and their bats in Take Me Out.
Plus others

Calvin Profile Photo
Calvin
#73re: Who Have You Seen Naked on Stage?
Posted: 12/17/07 at 2:12pm

Probably the one that surprised me most was when Jennifer Tilly flashed her vajayjay in front of the Pepsi kid in "The Women."

morosco Profile Photo
morosco
#74re: Who Have You Seen Naked on Stage?
Posted: 12/17/07 at 2:45pm

re: Who Have You Seen Naked on Stage?

Marc Kudisch in The Highest Yellow.