RENT OBC?

coolkid11776
#1RENT OBC?
Posted: 1/16/08 at 2:53pm

Will the OBC come back for the final show?

Rent The best show on Broadway. I was at the closing. BEST night of my Life. April 29th 1996-September 7th 2008 12 years of love "No Day But Today"

postergirl
#2re: RENT OBC?
Posted: 1/16/08 at 2:55pm

no

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#2re: RENT OBC?
Posted: 1/16/08 at 2:56pm

What about the half of the OBC no one talks about?

coolkid11776
#3re: RENT OBC?
Posted: 1/16/08 at 2:58pm

I would really like to see Jesse L. Martin come back.

Also any CHANCE of it will extend?

Rent The best show on Broadway. I was at the closing. BEST night of my Life. April 29th 1996-September 7th 2008 12 years of love "No Day But Today"

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#4re: RENT OBC?
Posted: 1/16/08 at 2:58pm

How many more times are you going to ask this in the next five months?

A work of art is an invitation to love.

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#5re: RENT OBC?
Posted: 1/16/08 at 2:59pm

Yes, it's been extended until tomorrow.

#6re: RENT OBC?
Posted: 1/16/08 at 2:59pm

Is it true that after the show closes you will no longer be able to buy the OBC cast recording? A friend of my cousin's works for the record label and said that they won't sell any more copies after it closes and if you bought a download of the show it won't play anymore.

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#7re: RENT OBC?
Posted: 1/16/08 at 3:00pm

It would be cool if they had all of the past cast members do the final song on closing night. Seeing/hearing them all singing those final words "No Day But Today" would be pretty cool.

Just give the world Love.
Updated On: 1/16/08 at 03:00 PM

jenna2 Profile Photo
jenna2
#8re: RENT OBC?
Posted: 1/16/08 at 3:02pm

I heard that too, Joe. Also, any and all Rent memorabilia (including Playbills from past performances) will cease to exist after June 1st.

Call the understudy / I can't go on tonight / I'm drinking with my buddy / I'm getting good and tight / Before they raise the curtain I'll be higher than a kite / So call the understudy I can't go on tonight

Actor2
#9re: RENT OBC?
Posted: 1/16/08 at 3:06pm

I agree, having original cast members run onstage during Finale B (maybe have Angel run on early with them) would be magical.
Updated On: 1/16/08 at 03:06 PM

FindingNamo
#10re: RENT OBC?
Posted: 1/16/08 at 3:08pm

Have every dead Angel come on holding hands.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

jaystarr Profile Photo
jaystarr
#11re: RENT OBC?
Posted: 1/16/08 at 3:10pm

from 'em to namo.... you guys are making me laugh! re: RENT OBC?

PREPARE.. for we will get more postings from now till June..... LOL!

J*

Actor2
#12re: RENT OBC?
Posted: 1/16/08 at 3:12pm

Lots of previous cast members either in their original character costume or dressed as Bohemians.

dmb_rent
#13re: RENT OBC?
Posted: 1/16/08 at 3:37pm

nano - lol!

"I would rather take a flawed movie that has as much heart and passion and life and joy and energy and truth in it as this film does over any film that is completely perfectly presented and perfectly constructed but has none of that heart and life." -Anthony Rapp

dmb_rent
#13re: RENT OBC?
Posted: 1/16/08 at 3:37pm

nano - lol!

EDIT: oops, sorry for double post. accidentally clicked twice.

"I would rather take a flawed movie that has as much heart and passion and life and joy and energy and truth in it as this film does over any film that is completely perfectly presented and perfectly constructed but has none of that heart and life." -Anthony Rapp
Updated On: 1/16/08 at 03:37 PM

Mealz1042 Profile Photo
Mealz1042
#15re: RENT OBC?
Posted: 1/16/08 at 4:10pm

of course not. Except Rodney Hicks, but that's because he's already in the cast.

<-- Gwen Stewart, SOLoist at the last show of RENT
Cages or wings? Which do you prefer? Ask the birds. Fear or love, baby? Don't say the answer Actions speak louder than words. (Tick, Tick... BOOM!)

Robos89
#16re: RENT OBC?
Posted: 1/16/08 at 4:15pm

HAHAHAHA Namo...that was hilarious...props to Namo!

?

Mealz1042 Profile Photo
Mealz1042
#17re: RENT OBC?
Posted: 1/16/08 at 4:19pm

haha namo you're amazing

<-- Gwen Stewart, SOLoist at the last show of RENT
Cages or wings? Which do you prefer? Ask the birds. Fear or love, baby? Don't say the answer Actions speak louder than words. (Tick, Tick... BOOM!)

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#18re: RENT OBC?
Posted: 1/16/08 at 4:51pm

RENT is closing? When? And where is an official link to validate this?

WickedBoy2 Profile Photo
WickedBoy2
#19re: RENT OBC?
Posted: 1/16/08 at 4:55pm

Roll on mid-June.

A young actress with Noel coward after a dreadful opening night performance said to him 'Well, i knew my lines backwards this morning!'' Noels fast reply was ''Yes dear, and thats exactly how you said them tonight'!'

jeremykushnier1fan Profile Photo
jeremykushnier1fan
#20re: RENT OBC?
Posted: 1/16/08 at 5:09pm

I would love to see Jesse L. Martin reprise his role.

thevolleyballer
#21re: RENT OBC?
Posted: 1/16/08 at 5:18pm

Unfortunately, Fredi Walker must first be thawed and subsequently dusted off before this can happen.

Patronus Profile Photo
Patronus
#22re: RENT OBC?
Posted: 1/16/08 at 5:18pm

Will Ethel Merman's corpse rise from the grave to play Mimi?

Hell, she'd be equally age appropriate.
Updated On: 1/16/08 at 05:18 PM

Wildcard
#23re: RENT OBC?
Posted: 1/16/08 at 5:43pm

I'd love to see them switch roles. Adam can be Collins, Anthony as Angel, etc. Daphne can play Squeegeeman.

Theatreboy49 Profile Photo
Theatreboy49
#24re: RENT OBC?
Posted: 1/16/08 at 6:12pm

I too want to see the OBC run out and sing no day but today but i feel like it wont happen.

<------ Me and my friends with patti Lupone at my friends afterparty for her concert with audra mcdonald during the summer of 2007.
"I am sorry but it is an unjust world and virtue is only triumphant in theatricle performances" The Mikado